PDA

View Full Version : Report from Blackpool, 2005

ElaineB
6th-March-2005, 08:41 PM
Just got back from Bristol, so will post some of the results, with a bias of course towards Bristol and Cardiff. Please forgive me if I leave out a lot of people, but only having four hours sleep last night, I am not quite myself! :D

Anyway, here goes!

Fabulous week-end as usual! The peek off the dance floor was the impromptu party in Jackie's Robbins room, when about 16 people decided to fit themselves into Jackie's shower! You had to be there! All finished about 5 am today, with a number of us not really remembering what happened.......... :whistle:

The Advanced was won by Janine and Clayton, with Phil and Yuko being runners up and Simon Rich and partner third. Mark Wilson and Jackie Robbins were finalists!

Tom from Glos won the Intermediates and Matt and Becky came third in yet another nailbiting final. Can't remember who came second - sorry!

Nick Britton and Leslie also came in third place in the strongest final of the Seniors that I have ever seen! This section was won by Ray and Jane, with the Lusbys coming in second.

The Booty Ladies were not placed, but we were pleased with our performance and hope to run again in Brighton. Unfortunately, one of the team dropped out on Friday, so Jenny Harrison spent a frantic 24 hours trying to rework our positions. :sick: The Aliens came first, with Abba coming in second.

Jenny Harrison, Matt and Beckie won the Double Trouble and Bristol and Cardiff are so proud of you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jenny Harrison showed fantastic leadership qualities in the face of adversity (other things went wrong as well...........) and being the star she is, she managed to get us all motivated for the team and then go on to win Double Trouble. RESPECT JENNY, RESPECT!

And to those of you who cheered the competitors, attached safety pins to numbers and put up with our egos -THANK YOU! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't remember who won DWAS or who came second, as I was having a ball with the fantastic Ian from London. He managed to steer me into third place - thank you Ian, you were wonderful! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, one down side - the music for the first round of the Intermediates :sick: What on earth? Country and Weston for the first track and then fast techno for the second round?? I felt so sorry for the people in that catergory.

Other than that, impeccably run as ever Guys - thank you, we enjoyed ourselves! :clap: :clap: :clap:

If someone with a bit more sleep could add some detail to the results?......... :flower:

Elaine

Bill
6th-March-2005, 10:20 PM
The Edinburgh team won the team event and Mary and Tony were second in the aerials.

A good weekend but some very dodgy music during the day and especially for some of the competitions. At least all the Intermediates had a country and western track. Forgot to take my specs so I couuln't see all the faces clearly ! In some cases not seeing what was happening wasn't a bad thing ( ie one of the Cabaret entries !!!!!! :what: ).

Can't wait to read all the comments of the judges got it wrong etc....... there were at least 2 decisions that I thought were very odd but I suppose that's what comps are all about ! Why were David and Wendy not first or second in the Intermediate ???????? The best Scottish performance ( apart from the team event !?) on the day possibly?

Jenny and her two partners looked great in the DT and deserved to win although I actually thought Ginger and the team danced as well as they ever have at Blackpool so was surprised they were third - even though our sexy Scottish threeseome came second !

Must almost be time for bed !!!!!!!!

Little Monkey
6th-March-2005, 11:17 PM
Wooooooooooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

What a fantastic weekend! I'm sooooooooo tired I can hardly stand up, although I got much more sleep than some..... Think I got a total of 9 hours, not bad!

As people have already mentioned, there was some rather awful music for some of the comp categories. I ended up dancing to the same track twice (???) in the take a chance semi-final. What was that all about?????? :confused: At least it wasn't a bad track, but still.....

Agree with Bill about a couple of the rather bizarre decisions made by the judges.....

And Friday night?? A few of us were plotting how to get the singer off stage. Throwing breadrolls was suggested, but unfortunately the rolls were removed... Someone (you know who you are!) suggested a rugby-tackle, which I was in favour of, but in the end we let the poor lady finish her singing (??) without spontanious attacs from the audience. The entertainer guy who came on stage later......???? What the hell???? Also problems with the sound system that night, and some pretty awful tracks, but (rant over) I still danced until my feet were on fire, and had a good time.

Thanks to all the lovely people I danced with (the lovely Roy :drool: .), and sorry to all the unfortunate guys who danced with me after I reached a semi-comatose stage around midnight on Saturday...... I struggled to even stand up, let alone interpret my partner's lead! Errrrr, armjive....? Lemmesee..... Errrrr.... :o

DD - hope your knee isn't too painful!! :hug:
Skippy (from now also known as "Nutcracker" :D - Thanks for driving! Yer a star!

Can't wait for Southport.......... :D

LM

Little Monkey
6th-March-2005, 11:22 PM
Oh, and

WELL DONE
to everyone who were competing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody 'ell am I glad I'm not old enough for the over 50's category...... What a bunch of FANTASTIC dancers!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

LM

william_ceroc
7th-March-2005, 10:01 AM
Have to agree with everyone else music for inter first round appeared far harder to dance to then even the advance class, also there were a few couples that should have been positioned alot higher,but that is only my view on that subject, but think the strangest one of the whole weekend was the best couple to watch all weekend didnt even make it to the final of advance, great dancing, fantastic to watch a couple that you couldnt take your eyes off, I dont need to mention who they are, I am sure they know themselfs and also any person watching the advance

Didnt get a chance to say how cool,smooth,modern,stylish+fab you guys danced, sure next time I see you I will, dont think you could have looked any better on the dance floor, anyway next time will be when you are walking off after wining

Good luck and keep doing it as good as you do
william

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks to all the lovely people I danced with (the lovely Roy :drool: .)

What ? I dont get a drool ? Ok you asked for this......grrrrr!

skippy
7th-March-2005, 12:24 PM

Now, Now..... I'm sure she didn't mean it but thanks for my dances sorry I wasn't short enough!!! (I still have a slight bump but that's ok) :rofl: :flower: :drool:
No seriously really enjoyed the weekend and had some amazing dances....
james, Steve, Paul, Max, Phil, Marc, Nick, Nigel, David, DD, Yvonne, Little monkey :drool: :yum:
Oh sooooooo many can't remember everyones name but had so much Fun. :clap: :clap:
Thankyou to my Take a Chance partner (Keith who was competing in the over 50's) :cheers:
Music was very Dodgy!!! on the Friday it was so much better between 12am and 12.30am.
saturday yes we did dance to the same track twice in the Take a Chance semi's. Think they need to get some of the Scottish DJ's down on the payroll!!!!! :devil: :worthy: :hug:
looking forward to Southport now.. Thank God there is a few months beween to relax and work on the new moves!!!
Oh and by the way the meal on the Friday what was It?????? :confused:
was there meat in it???? :confused: :confused:

Monika
7th-March-2005, 12:31 PM
How fantastic was that!!! :clap: Well organised as ever - great performances and lot's of fun!!! :clap: :nice: :grin: So many brilliant dancers and so much fun. I now remember how much I love to dance and can't wait for more. Still recovering from an injury last year so pretty hard going and after about 12 hrs I could barely stand up never mind dance, but still just about crawled onto the dance-floor for more - enjoying the music and atmosphere and attempting to dance (thank you kindly to my fantastic partner to let me keep going and for your - literally - support). The only sligthly negative thing I can think of was the country and western tunes - what on earth was that?! :confused: I've never tried dancing MJ to that before, but certainly made us laugh :rofl:
Huge well done to Lindsay and Team for a superb show in cabaret - great fun to watch. Too many other great performances to mention, but very surprised David and Wendy didn't get placed - high class dancing! :worthy:
Happy dancing
Mon x :hug: :flower:

ElaineB
7th-March-2005, 01:13 PM
Huge well done to Lindsay and Team for a superb show in cabaret - great fun to watch. Too many other great performances to mention, but very surprised David and Wendy didn't get placed - high class dancing! :worthy:
Happy dancing
Mon x :hug: :flower:

What is David's surname by the way - and Wendy - was that you I met in the DWAS waiting area? You were wonderful to watch

Just got up after 14 hours sleep, so a few more comments!

Chance2Dance Team - I would just like to say well done for keeping things running more or less to time. Also, whoever thought of putting water in the DWAS waiting area - massive brownie points!!!

From my point of view, everything was well organised, dressing room was a God send and Tony - you were wonderful on stage! Your finest moment had to be the raffle when you were trying to get someone to win the duvet etc - I thought adding in the bottle of whiskey was a classic idea! Amazing how quickly it then went!

Looking forward to next year! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2005, 01:43 PM
I thought adding in the bottle of whiskey was a classic idea! Amazing how quickly it then went!

I didnt, it was mine I just didnt have the ticket to prove it anymore as Fi lost it, and then he gave it away to someone else... :tears:

it was 'whisky' by the way ;)

Bill
7th-March-2005, 02:17 PM
Chance2Dance Team - I would just like to say well done for keeping things running more or less to time. Looking forward to next year! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Not just running to time ....running ahead of time !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Lisa only went to change a couple of minutes before we were called on for the second advanced heat which started 15 mins early !!!!!! Can a couple be disqualified for not being ready when a heat is brought forward ???

Fran and I were disqualified a few years ago in London because we were getting canged for the team event when we should have been on the floor for the advanced! :tears: Maybe I should start collecting disqualifications from dance events :what:

Little Monkey
7th-March-2005, 02:41 PM

You iknow I enjoyed all our dances, Mr Smurf!!!!! But I was just a bit scared.... What big teeth you have..... :eek:

But your dancing.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

How was that?

Monkey :hug: :kiss: :flower:

Little Monkey
7th-March-2005, 02:50 PM
Little monkey :drool: :yum:

See that Mr Smurf? I got a drool AND a yum!!!! :D :rofl:

Seriously, though, I had such a lovely time, and I did start listing all the lovely guys I danced with, but a) there were too many, and b) I don't know the names of some of them!!! Smurfman, you are definitely high on my list of favorite dancers, though! :hug:

PS, huge thank-you to my lovely partner in take-a-chance, Gilbert. I really enjoy dancing with you!

LM

(Have I forgotten / insulted anyone now??????? Hope not!)

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2005, 03:09 PM
I wasn't serious Monkey :) I apologised for most of my dances to people on Saturday as it is as I was especially hit and miss. I just wanted to put up a picture of domu and growl at you :)

Thanks and sorry to everyone I did dance with, especially the lovely Janet who always looks like shes enjoying herself despite my best efforts to mess it up :( Also Wendy, my intermediate paretner, was great even if I wasn't.

I did have a couple of fantastic dances with Mrs Under Par though, my brain worked at that point.

Gus
7th-March-2005, 03:10 PM
I didnt, it was mine I just didnt have the ticket to prove it anymore as Fi lost it, and then he gave it away to someone else... :tears: Ahem ... DS remember it is ALWAYS the Man's fault! I hope you are severley chastised for your gross lack of ettiquette. :wink: (PS .. trusting a woman with something valuable??? :eek: )

David Chu
7th-March-2005, 06:12 PM
To Monika, Elaine B and Bill,
Many thanx for your lovely comments on our dancing. We did our best and had an absoulute ball.

Bill you are such a showman....you're just fab to watch and to learn how its done. I'm going to get a dance with you sometime in the next few months when you are free....which I guess is going to be never as you are in high demand, anyway its the thought that counts!

Elaine, Wendy wasn't in DWAS and my surname is Chu...short and sweet
just like me..unless I'm provoked..then I'm a Spitting Cobra. I'm sorry but I can't remember what you look like but I remember dancing with you in perth I think...can you seek me out next time for a dance again.

Monika, you are a sweetheart...you looked mighty fine in that black dress!

I have to agree with the music in the Intermediate section. Country and Western for the first track? I'm sure alot of effort went into the choice of songs but didn't work for me.

As the highest placed Scottish couple in Intermediate Finals, I'd like to say what a pleasure it was to dance with Wendy Morris, truly....you are my best dancer in Scotland. How exciting was it to get to the finals! A joy to be with from start to finish. Thank you to everyone who said such cool stuff about our dancing.

Blackpool was such a great great warm up for London!

It was a shame not to win because James would have got £50.00 for being our most inspirational MJ teacher. Even my following technique has chanced. I find myself channeling Melanie..thinking " what would Melanie do here".
I'm sure that many of you would agree that dancers like James and Melanie are providing the future direction of dance in MJ and they are just going to get better and better. In the words of George Michael..."I Think you're Amazing da da da da da da da".

Putting on my "followers" hat now.....can I just say what a thrill it was to dance with Charlie (Tigerpants)....that was some mighty fine dirty dancing! and Alan...you really wowed me, what a great leader you are! Dance Demon, I waited 12 months to get a dance with you....what an absolute pleasure it was...hope it was worth the wait fer you...hee hee. You and Heather looked great by the way....did you sew the sequins on yourself?

How James and Melanie and the other young funky couple (in the didn't black and white zipper costumes) didn't get into the finals, I just don't know.
For me, the four of you and Yuko and Phil provided the most inspiration on the night.

The Ballroom was such a thrill and the Chance to Dance team were fantasic and so helpful and friendly?

The Edinburgh Crew were fabulous....so many highlights in their routine!

Congrats to the other Scottish competitors...hey, not alot of trophys to take home unfortunately but the journey and the wonderful memories are often better than the final result anyway.

XOX
David

Dance Demon
7th-March-2005, 06:48 PM
Here's my tuppenceworth........
First off, Thanks to Heather for being a fab partner. Was chuffed to get to the semis in intermediate on my first time competing at Blackpool. maybe with more dances & practice we can improve on that. sorry for falling over at the end of the first round :blush: :blush: ....(dodgy knee gave in...)..but you were a joy to dance with :hug: :hug: ...
Few strange decisions IMHO........David & wendy well worth a place in the I'mediate. And the strangest one yet ....how James & Melanie did not get into the advanced final is comletely beyond me......Their musical interpretation was awesome, and I've rarely seen two dancers so in sync with each other.....

well done to Ray & Jane for winning the Seniors & thanks Jane for a lovely dance :flower:
Well done Linz, Wendy & Gill in the double trouble....
and Finally.......................the Edinburgh cabaret team...Spaced Out were ..to use Tony's favourite word......F A N T A S T I C..........Lindsay your choreography was brill....as usual :worthy: :worthy: ...and a special mention to Mrs Scathe for making the costumes....
another great Blackpool weekend....well done Tony and all the Chance2Dance team :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ps David Chu........was well worth the wait.....one of the best dances I had all weekend..... :D

Razzle Dazzle
7th-March-2005, 07:11 PM
Wow, what a fantastic weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:

Was absolutely shattered by the time I got home but my mind was still too active to fall asleep.

Just wanted to say yet again, well done to the Chance 2 Dance crew for organising such a great event. Thanks to my pals Avril (Dancing Veela), Alan, Fiona, Charlie swivel de hips Tiger Pants, my sister Heather and of course my lovely dance partner David for the great times we shared from the start of the weekend until the very end. My sides nearly split with laughter on Friday night when Dancing Veela did a funky jazz performance on the dance floor of the hotel we were staying in - I think she and Tiger Pants should do a showcase next year cos he's been known to do a bit of floor spinning (oops sorry spanning - private joke :rofl: :rofl: ) himself. Don't think the Abba Antics team who were sharing the hotel with us quite knew what to make of it all, but we managed to have our own Friday night party and what a party it was.

Particularly want to say to David I've had a fantastic time dancing with you - we've practiced hard since January and have worked together well - an experience I'll never forget.

I had lots of great dances over the course of Saturday (some with people I'd never met before) too many to mention everyone by name - so to anyone who did dance with me - thank you very very much. However, the lovely Roy was one that got away - put my name down for a dance next time I see you.

Judging - well, I can't comment on the Intermediate since I wasn't in a position to see how the other finalists danced on account of dancing in it myself, but I do think the judges must have been looking in the other direction and missed most of Melanie and James's performance in the Advanced cos they were fantastic as usual and yet didn't get through to the finals.
Bill and Lisa looked lovely on the dance floor - Bill I could swear you look as if you're in love with every woman you dance with!! Do you have an acting background?! Do you give lessons in this - maybe a workshop........

If I've missed anyone out apologies.

See you all on the dance floor sometime

xxx :wink: :kiss:

Lindsay
7th-March-2005, 07:41 PM
A totally awesome w'end from start to finish, superb organisation, great atmosphere, lots of lovely dancers and friendly people. The standard of dancing seems to get higher every year, know it has been said already, but it's quite dramatic. Well done to all finalists- great to watch, really inspiring.

On a personal note, huuuuge thanks to all of the SPACED OUT team for being part of it, it was a great journey with an unexpected destination - UK team champs '05 - Yahoooo :clap: :clap: Thanks DS for being such a tolerant partner :) The support we received from the Scottish corner- and from everyone else including the other teams- was really touching, thanks to you all :flower: Thanks to the people behind the scenes- Fi (costumes), Morven (costumes too) and Liz (organising the travel and hotel). Very much appreciated by us all :hug:

Melanie & James put on a superb show in the advanced semi-final, and like DD, I was totally gob-smacked to hear they weren't in the final. Your dancing was fabulous :worthy:. Elizabeth from Edinburgh got into the DWAS final- lovely dancer, she did really well. David & Wendy I loved your style... and the floorspins especially. DD & Heather your dancing was v. smooth, you were fab. Lisa & Bill- awesome performance! :worthy: Lots of others to mention, but I missed a lot what with changing etc. Thanks Gilbert for being my partner in Advanced- we held our own... 'very smooth, but a bit dull' was our feedback.. I am happy with that :)

Delighted (& surprised) to be 2nd in Double Trouble with Gill & Wendy... we found dancing to 'Roadrunner' very challenging what with all the (long) breaks... totally mucked up our moves, and in only having one track hardly got half our repertoire in there! We were really delighted though, and think that's the PVC dresses put to rest. Looking for pink latex....

Music in the advanced was easier than intermediates. My only thoughts were that the intermediate section is much bigger, and it must be hard as a judge to pick people out. Therefore if you play 'challenging' and diverse tracks, the best will cope and stand out, so it is overall much easier to assess. In the advanced section I assume people are of a higher standard, and therefore they play easier tracks to allow them to show their musicality, connection, lead & follow etc. I don't know though, it's just my thoughts.

Anyway, well done again to C2D for a great event :worthy: :clap: :cheers:

djtrev
7th-March-2005, 08:12 PM
As a dj I would be very interested in any info on tracks used at the champs,good or bad.

Fran
7th-March-2005, 09:09 PM
this was the first year I was not stressed and funnily enough not competing,- maybe there is a conection ;) It was very interesting looking on this time - but even I was sooo tierd at the end of the eveing after doing not very much :what: but I did have some fabby dances :nice: :nice:

a huge well done to everyone, my real faviourate was the team comp - thought itwas fab - bill and I were standing next to David B who said someting to the effect" is there a reject box for music which the scottish crowd pick the tracks from - and made them work?!!!" well done everyone. you must have had those tunes buzzing about your head all the time at work.
just wanted to say

agree with all the comments about the music and thought it was a shame ethat the double trouble only got 1 track to dance to compared to all the other finals.

Bill and Lisa looked lovely on the dance floor

totally agree - they did look lovely.

- Bill I could swear you look as if you're in love with every woman you dance with!! Do you have an acting background?! Do you give lessons in this - maybe a workshop........

:rofl: :rofl: :eek:

oh and I though it was just for my benifit he looked like that - men ... typical :tears: :innocent: :nice:
actually he has done a spot of acting in his youth :what:? .....lets hope its not true though, or that they belive him :wink: :nice:

well done everyone
see you next year
x :flower:

Razzle Dazzle
9th-March-2005, 09:48 AM
oh and I though it was just for my benifit he looked like that - men ... typical :tears: :innocent: :nice:
actually he has done a spot of acting in his youth :what:? .....lets hope its not true though, or that they belive him :wink: :nice:

Sorry, I'm not very good at this 'quote/unquote' thing.

Oh Fran, I never meant to offend you by suggesting for a minute that there might be any 'reality' to his adoring looks (hence the suggestion that his acting skills are great and many of us could learn a thing or two from him) :blush: - but surely we women are allowed to fantasise, even if it's only for 3 minutes on the dance floor :wink: :) I mean to say, you get the real thing after all!!!!
It's obvious to everyone that Bill only has eyes for you and I think it's such a shame that you just don't enjoy the whole experience of competing because the two of you look great on the dance floor together. :hug: :flower:

Dancing Veela
9th-March-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow, what a fantastic weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:
My sides nearly split with laughter on Friday night when Dancing Veela did a funky jazz performance on the dance floor of the hotel we were staying in - I think she and Tiger Pants should do a showcase next year cos he's been known to do a bit of floor spinning (oops sorry spanning - private joke :rofl: :rofl: ) .

I don't know why you found my funky jazz soooo funny - I was trying my hardest you know - well trying my hardest to floor the two ABBA couples on either side of me! As for me and Tiger Pants..........that's just a nasty rumour!

As for you and HRH Chu (I do hope it's ok for me to call you that David????) I've just been on the c2d website and found out you guys were 4th..... but with only one point more you could have been 3rd!!!!! I knew David's costume didn't have enough sparkle to it :rofl: :rofl: And only 7 more points and you would have been first - when you compare that to the scores on the doors differences in the other categories it was VERY close!!! But then we knew that - we ALL believed you had won it. Thanks for giving Alan and I some of your moves!

Thanks to you all the motly (how do you spell that?) crew that made up the gang you menioned earlier - it was just the most fabby weekend!

Thanks too to Alan - you were fantastic - and you are just the BEST fun person to dance with!!! And as Bill said to you after I'd danced with him 'I've no idea how you manage to lead her' :grin:

DV.

Bill
10th-March-2005, 02:17 PM
And as Bill said to you after I'd danced with him 'I've no idea how you manage to lead her' :grin:

DV.

:whistle: ........... well I tried for a couple of years and only managed once I think!!! :rolleyes: :wink: Thought you two look great and you looked as though you were having fun !!!! :clap:

Loreen
10th-March-2005, 04:03 PM
Well, having finally remembered how to get back into the forum :blush: I just wanted to add my tuppence worth.....Many thanks to David for being so much fun in DWAS.....we were still strangers when we went into round 2, but came off grinning....you are a very patient partner and a star....and I loved your and Wendy's performance!!!
Mel and James.....like I said on the night - you were stonking, and I recorded you two almost exclusively during your round because you lit up the floor (my 3 kids think so too!!). Can't work out how you didn't make it into the finals, because it was pure pleasure to watch. Bill and Lisa.....awesome, especially the slower tracks, you two looked like you were dancing on air and I was entranced. Kudos to Elizabeth and partner* dancing so well in DWAS finals....(I'll edit the footage Elizabeth to miss out the revealing part :whistle: ) and I have to say that *group of young dancers were amazing - among them they had Elizabeth's partner in DWAS final of course, they took 1st or 2nd in intermediates I think and the funky couple in black in white went in to advanced final, not to mention their very slick team cabaret was the group that danced last - a dance group to watch out for, inspiring!).
"Spaced Out"....well what can I say, we had a blast (off ?)....despite all the tricky stuff at keeping a team together and music that was tough to dance to (might set a rocket alight, but not your toes!)....Brilliant job Linz - great vision and ideas as always, and :cheers: to all 16 of us....Fi (aka Mrs Scathe)....you are a wonder, ty so much for our costumes. :flower: Thanks to Morven for all your help with the costumes and mass buying of tights! Thx to my partner too, we even made it on the nightmare move.....lol. :clap:
Well done to Abba team too, looking fwd to seeing DVD as was a bit too nervous to take in whole routine when we were getting ready to come on.
I loved the dancing...watching, competing and freestyle....music may be the food of life, but dancing is the life itself!!! :flower:
Many congrats to Chance2Dance team......slick event and fun for all! Here's to 2006!
L x

David Chu
10th-March-2005, 08:08 PM
Loreen, thank you for being my partner in DWAS too. Hope you enjoyed the new moves in 2 minutes! I was hoping we could have gone further but maybe next time. Glad you liked what Wendy and i created. We always try to do mini Showcases. Can I just say that none of it is Choreographed (a few people have thought it was). We just practise alot and i guess some moves moves fit more beautifully than others. Such a fab opportunity for us both.

Dancing Veela, HRH will be fine till the divorce comes thru...then I'll be back to being just a laaadeee. Thanks for your great driving and sorry you didn't like my music...I thought everyone liked Bucks Fizz and the Nolans!
I just looked at th C2D website and yes, pleasantly surprised and gutted at the same time. So close and yet so far! Anyway, we have had really good feedback from the judging area and taking it all in our stride and movin on...to London.

By the way.....who's up for London?

XOX

David

Bombay Sapphire
11th-March-2005, 02:54 AM
Very Good weekend.
Lots of Fun.

Congratulations to the Trekkies. :clap:

Where are the Piccies?

Minnie M
11th-March-2005, 08:54 AM
RobC has a link to some awesome piccies - too early too look for link, but it is on one of the 'Blackpool' threads - and they ae grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :worthy:

one o'clock gun
11th-March-2005, 02:15 PM
"Spaced out" Blackpool win
Makes Headlines. :worthy:

"Jive team Trek to National Championships"

Follow this Link:- http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=263022005

Dreadful Scathe
11th-March-2005, 04:19 PM
What! Morven is 45 ? It must be true, its in a national newspaper :)

I like the quote "It was a bit like synchronised swimming on land."
It really did look like that :what:

Its advertising the party on April 8th - for free ! nice one ;)

Scotch Bonnet
11th-March-2005, 09:14 PM
Makes Headlines. :worthy:

"Jive team Trek to National Championships"

Follow this Link:- http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=263022005
Great to see Spaced Out get a mention in the News !!
You were all 'FAB',can't wait to see the next idea ??? :clap: :clap:

Lindsay
11th-March-2005, 09:29 PM
:blush: Thanks Liz ! :eek: :waycool: Hope you'll be on board next time :wink:

All Blackpool results are here:-
http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/125171/125306.html

DavidY
11th-March-2005, 10:21 PM
Where are the Piccies?There are now some piccies of the winners on the achance2dance website.

Twinkle Toes
13th-March-2005, 07:36 PM

Well done to all the Trekkies - the routine was excellent - definately a well deserved win.

Double trouble team - who needs men, when the girls can do it better !!!

Thought that a few others deserved a mention as well, but unfortunately they didn't. Thought Wendy and Dave were outright winners and that James and Melanie should at the very least have been in the finals.

... And John, that was some finishing move - you could at least have waited until you got Heather in private before trying that manoeuvre !

You guys all got my vote.

TT xx :clap:

Dance Demon
13th-March-2005, 08:50 PM
... And John, that was some finishing move - you could at least have waited until you got Heather in private before trying that manoeuvre !

:blush: :blush: .......couldn't believe it. My knee just gave way and I fell over......with Heather on top of me......in front of a packed Winter Gardens audience............Heather thought I was having a heart attack. :rofl: :rofl: .....I'm not that old :na: .........still we made it to the semis, but I was a bit wary of doing anything too adventurous after that. Big thanks to my travelling personal phsio Val, who came to my rescue with the ice pack (again)...and the lovely wee lass from the St Johns Ambulance brigade. Sore knee didn't stop me from dancing to JBs music later on tho' :worthy: :worthy: or being dragged round the shops in the retail outlet at Gretna on the way home by mrs Demon and Mrs Scathe :wink: