PDA

View Full Version : Entertain Me!!!

TheTramp
20th-November-2002, 05:51 PM
OKie. So, I arrive in the lovely city of Glasgow on Friday lunchtime.

Can someone point me in the direction of something to do on Friday evening please. Is there any dancing anywhere?

Steve

TheTramp
21st-November-2002, 10:54 AM
C'mon. You can't seriously be telling me that there's no dancing in Glasgow on Friday night.

I'll take anything. Jive. Swing. Salsa. Whatever. I'm not fussy!

Steve

Franck
21st-November-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
C'mon. You can't seriously be telling me that there's no dancing in Glasgow on Friday night.

I'll take anything. Jive. Swing. Salsa. Whatever. I'm not fussy!Ok Steve,

I had a look in the List (Time Out equivalent in Scotland) and found a few for you to choose from:

First (you did say you would take anything... :wink: ) you could visit the Riverside Club (Fox Street, Glasgow) for one of the best traditional Ceilidh nights possible. Starts at 8pm (but can sell out quickly!). Admission is £6.00. Great if you want some extra practise before the Anniversary party!
Later on at the Riverside, (from midnigh onwards) they have a "Rockin' Brazilian night' called Bebado., with live samba and Capoeira...
Bebado also have a pre-club warm up in the Halt Bar (Woodlands Road, Glasgow), called Bebadinho, 8.00pm to midnight, Free admission.

For a more latin night, you could go to Havana (50 Hope Street, Glasgow), for "Latin Fever" (9pm to 2am) Free Admission.

I could not find any Jive / Swing... sorry.

Hopefully a few more people will post with their opinions of the above, or further suggestions...

Franck.

Janet
21st-November-2002, 03:11 PM
Good answer Franck - that's more than I would have known off the top of my head. Great having a resident Forum tour guide for hotels, entertainment and travel directions! :wink:

Not much to add, just:
The Riverside Club does sell out EARLY, as Franck said, so be warned.

I'd forgotten about Bebado. It's only on once a month, I think. Supposed to be a real spectacular but I've not made it yet so have no first hand experience to report. Don't think I'll be going this Friday either - a little late for me before a very busy Saturday. :really:
Never knew about the warm-up in the Halt. Cheers Franck.

There is another latin club in town, in the Merchant City just east of George Square - Cuba Notre. Free entry, very busy (a lot of non-dancers sussing out the talent - much like every other latin club I guess) and very, very hot. Open till 3am I think.

Have fun!!! And don't tire yourself out before Saturday. :really: :yum:

:cheers:
Janet

TheTramp
21st-November-2002, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys. Think I'll go have a look at the Hope St. thing. It's not too far away from where I'm staying, so that'll help. Not sure about Ceilidh nights!!

Probably won't stay out too late though - as you said, I don't want to tire myself out before Saturday. If anyone is in Glasgow and wants to come along, please feel free. The more the merrier, and it's always nice to have company.

Steve

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
24th-November-2002, 04:19 PM
G'DAY STEVE,

HOPE YOU ENJOYED A FINE WEEKEND. NICE TOO SEE YOU (AND YOUR SUIT), AND GOOD BUMPING INTO YOU FRIDAY TOO.

TILL THE NEXT TIME!

BAZ X (GOING FOR NO. 1 IN THE TOP 1- SADDOES CHART)