PDA

View Full Version : UK Champs Results

Gus
5th-March-2005, 11:01 PM
Any scores on the doors yet?

The N West brigade didnt fare too well in the Advanced (though a lack of experience cant have helped) ... but DAZZLE got through to the final of DWAS!!! Waiting with baited breath to be texted the Final result.

Seems like it was a pretty poor turnout from N West dnacers ... anyone know anyone who was competing and how they did?

drathzel
5th-March-2005, 11:17 PM
Any scores on the doors yet?

The N West brigade didnt fare too well in the Advanced (though a lack of experience cant have helped) ... but DAZZLE got through to the final of DWAS!!! Waiting with baited breath to be texted the Final result.

Seems like it was a pretty poor turnout from N West dnacers ... anyone know anyone who was competing and how they did?

Well done Dazzle! :worthy:

How have the Scots done? :clap:

Lory
5th-March-2005, 11:45 PM
I want to know how the 'forumites' have done! :waycool:

TheTramp
6th-March-2005, 01:31 AM
Just got a text from Sheena....

Here are the results for the forumites and others that she mentioned. No doubt a full set of results will be available soon...

Ray and Jane (Daisy) won the seniors.

Mary and Tony came 2nd in the aerials. Steve and Jo (from the Hastings area?) won it.

Clayton and Janine won the Advanced. Phil and Yuko came second. Simon Rich came 3rd (didn't say who he was dancing with). (James & Melanie, and Bill & Lisa got to the semi-finals).

The 3 girls from Edinburgh came 2nd in the double trouble.

The team from Edinburgh won the team cabaret.

And ElaineB came 3rd in Lucky Dip with someone called Ian from Ashtons. Phil came 2nd, but she didn't say which Phil :D

Lory
6th-March-2005, 01:32 AM
Just had a text from Tiggerbabe with some results :clap:

Phil was 2nd in the take a chance

ElaineB and IainL (I believe) came 3rd

Ray and Jane won the seniors

Tony and Mary were 2nd in the aerials

Clayton and Janine 1st in Advanced
Phil and Yoko 2nd
Simon R 3rd

Edinburgh girls 2nd in double trouble

Edinbugh team 1st in caberet

Well done to everyone! :worthy: :cheers: :clap: :hug: :flower:

TheTramp
6th-March-2005, 01:33 AM
A little slow there Lory!! :rofl:

Lory
6th-March-2005, 01:34 AM
Damn that Trampy types fast! :worthy: :rofl:

TheTramp
6th-March-2005, 01:35 AM
Damn that Trampy types fast! :worthy: :rofl:
I'm very good with my fingers.... :really:

drathzel
6th-March-2005, 01:40 AM
Congrats all!!!!

Big hugs :hug:

Minnie M
6th-March-2005, 11:01 AM
.......Ray and Jane (Daisy) won the seniors.........

You kept your 'special' birthday quiet Jane :whistle:

FANTASTIC :worthy: ...... no hope for me what-so-ever now :tears: UNLES .,.... they have an "Over 60" section :whistle: :whistle:

Mary and Tony came 2nd in the aerials. Steve and Jo (from the Hastings area?) won it.

Clayton and Janine won the Advanced. Phil and Yuko came second. Simon Rich came 3rd (didn't say who he was dancing with). (James & Melanie, and Bill & Lisa got to the semi-finals).

The 3 girls from Edinburgh came 2nd in the double trouble.

The team from Edinburgh won the team cabaret.

And ElaineB came 3rd in Lucky Dip with someone called Ian from Ashtons. Phil came 2nd,

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations to you all :clap: - wish I was there to have cheered you all on :flower:

Wendy
6th-March-2005, 11:26 AM
Well done everyone !!!!! And Lindsay !! What a champ !!! You clearly have this cabaret thing truly sussed girl !!!!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the results !!!

Wx

Simon
6th-March-2005, 11:54 AM
Matt and Becky (Glos) and Jenni Harrison (Bristol) won the Double Trouble. :clap: :waycool: Well done, Guys!

Matt and Becky also came 3rd in the Intermediates. :worthy:

philsmove
6th-March-2005, 12:02 PM
Matt and Becky (Glos) and Jenni Harrison (Bristol) won the Double Trouble. Well done, Guys
Matt and Becky also came 3rd in the Intermediates. !

Fantastic :clap:
well done :clap:
congratulations :cheers:

Gareth
6th-March-2005, 12:07 PM
Well Done Guys,

Still gutted at not being there.

Congratulations Ray and Jayne did`nt know you were that old :wink:

Watch out Matt & Becky are on the prowl....Awesome guys...and that wiggle :what:

Nice one :clap: Elaine

Gareth

Minnie M
6th-March-2005, 12:20 PM
........Jayne didn't know you were that old

and doesn't she look amazing :flower:

(must admit, I was very surprised too :what: )

Andy McGregor
6th-March-2005, 01:35 PM
Clayton and Janine 1st in Advanced
Phil and Yoko 2nd
Simon R 3rd

SimonR was dancing with Lisa Saw, the dancer I came 2nd with in the Advanced at Britroc. They've been practicing loads and deserve their success :worthy:

How many years in a row is it that Clayton and Janine have been at the top? And they still qualify for the Intermediates* :worthy:

*This, if anything, shows the stupidity of the teacher/non-teacher classification :mad:

Andy McGregor
6th-March-2005, 01:38 PM
and doesn't she look amazing :flower:

(must admit, I was very surprised too :what: )Daisy only qualified recently. And she does look amazingly good :flower:

As we all know, 50 is the new 30* :whistle:

I will be 50 next year - can I claim to be the new 29 :confused:

TheTramp
6th-March-2005, 01:51 PM
How many years in a row is it that Clayton and Janine have been at the top? And they still qualify for the Intermediates* :worthy:

*This, if anything, shows the stupidity of the teacher/non-teacher classification :mad:
Actually, I don't think that they would qualify for the intermediates.

They've done plenty of cabaret slots. I'd be very surprised to find out that they've never been paid for any of them....

It is, of course, a moot point anyhow, since they're obviously not going to enter the intermediates ever.

Chicklet
6th-March-2005, 02:41 PM
in the aerials. Steve and Jo (from the Hastings area?) won it.

As last year, these two were a major highlight of the entertainment of the day for me, enthusiasm always impresses me and they showed it in bucket loads...really love their attitude to "doing it their way" and I sincerely hope they are around for a long time working through the classes, very refreshing and a joy to watch :clap: ...and I know I was not alone in this sentiment so if anyone knows them please pass this on!

and of course well done to all! :grin:

Lynn
6th-March-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for posting the results Steve and Lory. :hug:

Well done to all the forumites who were placed, and got through to semis! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheeks
6th-March-2005, 03:16 PM
A big congratulations to everyone who was placed and to all those who participated.

Hope you all had a Fab time. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just sorry I missed it all. :sad:

Huge hugs

Cheeks. :flower:

unsure about 50 being the new 30 :what:

if that is so does that make the 33 be the new 13...whistle: thats a scary thought.:wink:

Chicklet
6th-March-2005, 04:04 PM
just remembering something...any comments on the choice of music for the sections of the first round of the Intermediate?? :whistle: :innocent:
wasn't competing so wouldn't be right for me to give MY thoughts :devil:

Lou
6th-March-2005, 05:59 PM
Matt and Becky (Glos) and Jenni Harrison (Bristol) won the Double Trouble. :clap: :waycool: Well done, Guys!

:cough: Glos? Simon, darling, they're ours! Just because they're products of the Yate* class, doesn't mean they're less Bristol! :D You'll be disowning me next. :na:

Anyway.... :hug: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hug:
(Did I ever mention I'm biased.... :whistle: )

*(pronounced Yah-Tay by the inhabitants of North Yate, of course. And disowned by we Chipping Sodbrians - except when it suits us.).

Dance Demon
6th-March-2005, 08:19 PM
Not Long home. Very Tired. Sore Legs. Will post rest of my comments later.................but would just like to say that the music for the final set of the night last night was :drool: :drool: :drool: ............I assume it was Jon Brett...in which case :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Alfie
6th-March-2005, 10:02 PM
Didn't do any dancing last night as we were packing up the shoes but it sounded fab.
Congratulations to Tom Baker and Vicky on winning the Intermediates. They wre super, and Tom is only a youngster both real hot prospects for the future. WELL DONE both :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done to eveyone who competed and to all the finalists and winners.
Thanks to all who came and bought shoes/clothes etc and thanks to all the Ladies who danced with me.
Great time was had by all. This event gets better every year, brilliantly run by Sue, Angie, Tony and all the team.I hope eveyone enjoyed it as much as us. See you all real soon :nice: :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-March-2005, 10:35 PM
Great Competition!! Well done to the C2D team. Well done to my fellow teammates - Spaced Out went down pretty well with the audience AND the judges :)

Very high standard this year. Total shock that James and Melanie didnt make it into the advanced final, they were fantastic. Well done Lindsay, Wendy and Gill for coming 2nd in double trouble.

I thought the winning showcase was well deserved - funny, interesting and well executed all at the same time :) Who were they again?

Never did get round to talking to ChrisA or TwK - a few words on the floor with women is all I managed :(

Can I also demand a runner up prize ? :) As my forgetful pregnant wife lost the raffle tickets which then of course won, but i couldnt prove it. I thought someone had found them and was going to own up but they had the wrong colour (biege 196-200 it was;) ), and then it was too late. Feel sad for me as I won the bottle of 'scotch' (its whisky but I'll let Tony off). :)

The only dampener on the weekend was at our hotel. Someone broke the safety glass in a door and as no one had the decency to own up to it (and how could they NOT notice?), we split the £60 bill between us...and I thought moral standards were quite high. I think we might just get the official C2D hotel next year.

DavidY
6th-March-2005, 11:07 PM
I thought the winning showcase was well deserved - funny, interesting and well executed all at the same time :) Who were they again?The winning Spotlight couple were Lynne Pearson (?sp) and Joe Filep. :worthy: :flower:

Clayton and Janine were second ( I can't remember who was third :blush: )

TheTramp
6th-March-2005, 11:27 PM
The winning Spotlight couple were Lynne Pearson (?sp) and Joe Filep. :worthy: :flower:
From Nottingham??

DavidY
6th-March-2005, 11:33 PM
From Nottingham??Yes - forgot to mention that bit. :blush:

TheTramp
6th-March-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes - forgot to mention that bit. :blush:
No reason why you would mention it. Except that I was trying to work out who it was. And it wasn't until Sheena said about the grey streak in her hair, that the penny dropped.

Say 'congrats' from me when you see her next please David :clap:

Jayne
7th-March-2005, 11:23 AM
Jayne did`nt know you were that old :wink:
:tears: I'm not!

Most of it has been said already but.... Well done to everyone who competed! Specifically...

Many congrats to Ray and Jane for winning the seniors :worthy: They looked absolutely fantastic out there!

Also :clap: :clap: :clap: to Tony & Mary - huge respect for coming second in the airsteps comp.

Many, many thanks to people who cheered us on on Saturday. There were two couples in particular (and you know who you are) that we couldn't have done without. Your advice, support, loud cheers & hugs mean the world to us both - thank you! :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug:

And finally: :hug: :flower: :hug: for the wonderful ChrisA.

Hammersmith anyone? :whistle:

J :wink:

Feelingpink
7th-March-2005, 11:53 AM
Hammersmith anyone? :whistle:

J :wink:

Tonight? See you there :flower:

Andy McGregor
7th-March-2005, 12:14 PM
loud cheersAha! That gives the game away. The prize for the loudest cheer must be won by Mr "Foghorn" Kenobe :clap:

I've just spoken with Jane. She's in the lake district with Ray. They've both got this nasty flu bug that's going around. It's a credit to their staying power that they won the Seniors while suffering from a bug :worthy:

Now that these 2 are in the seniors we need an Advanced Seniors for them or nobody else will enter :whistle:

Minnie M
7th-March-2005, 12:30 PM
Now that these 2 are in the seniors we need an Advanced Seniors for them or nobody else will enter :whistle:
First of all I would like see them sweep the board - Bristol / London and of course Brighton :worthy: :worthy: they deserve it :clap:

Then............. the age should go up to over 55 :yeah: or even over 60 :whistle: (Nigel will be 60 in November) :flower:

Graham W
7th-March-2005, 12:53 PM
..well done Matt & Becki & 'Harry' in DT - love the airstep/tango drag move!!

G

..nice one Elaine..

kryton1
7th-March-2005, 01:03 PM
Well done to all who entered at Blackpool.

Tom and Vicky from Gloucester won the intermediates , great to see young talent doing well :clap:

johnah
7th-March-2005, 01:55 PM
Great Competition!! Well done to the C2D team. Well done to my fellow teammates - Spaced Out went down pretty well with the audience AND the judges :)

I thought the winning showcase was well deserved - funny, interesting and well executed all at the same time :) Who were they again?

Many many congratulations to Lindsay and her "Spaced Out" team, you've sure got a knack for the Team Cabaret. Fancy bringing it to Southport in June? :clap: :clap:

Lynn Pearson & Joe Filep from Nottingham, were worthy winners of the "Showcase" which was choreographed by Lynn, as was the Nottingham Jive Addicts routine, runners-up in the Team Cabaret. Lynn is not a dance teacher, but is a truly talented dancer/choreographer who well deserves her success.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, yes, look out Scotland cos Nottingham plan to be up there in September for the Ceroc Scotland Championships!
:clap:

Daisy
7th-March-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys for all the congrats and the lovely comments.

It's hard enough hitting the big, dreaded 50 as it is but then to own up to it was even harder. :sick:

However, what a fantastic & positive experience it has been, and thanks to all our lovely friends for your support. :hug:

Sorry to say that both Ray & I are really ill now and I apologise if I've passed on this lurgy to anyone else this w/end. :blush:

I just want to say that the C2D team did a fab job as usual. I take my hat off to them for all the hard work & dedication that they put into this comp each year. I may not always like all the music played but I'm willing to forgive them that for playing Gwen Steffani's -Tick Tock - when it mattered! :clap:

Huge congrats to Clay & Janine yet again. I do keep trying to persuade them to retire....honest. :whistle:

Simon & Lisa were fantastic and I'm so delighted they came third......they worked really hard for it. ( I'll pick up my agents fee later :waycool: )

Phil & Yuko were lovely as usual & Mary & Tony are an inspiration. What an athletic woman Mary is. :clap:

Most beautiful dancer was Jayne (from Chris A & Jayne). She looked absolutely fab and danced like a dream....well done you two.:worthy:

Elaine B did great in the DWAS and Jennie & Co were excellent in DT.... :flower:

Thankyou Scotland for your support...esp. James & Mel. Watch out everyone next year cos these two are going to burn the floor..... :hug:

Well done to all the other winners & placers and to H for being the most inspirational teacher.

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

LOL Jane (Daisy) :flower:

Daisy
7th-March-2005, 09:53 PM
Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Sorry but I forgot to thank the fantastic Toby wan Kanobe and Divissima, also Nicole, Lily & David B for their encouraging support. :flower:

Also to hubby Ray, despite the fact that he dropped me !! :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Off to bed now with a hot toddy & more paracetamol :( :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2005, 10:42 PM
:

but he recovered well :) you were both great to watch.

RobC
8th-March-2005, 12:23 AM

Yup - got the photo (and a few others) up on my website (http://www.jive-videos.cjb.net/photos/html/blackpool_05.html) for anyone that's interested.

Minnie M
8th-March-2005, 12:58 AM
Yup - got the photo (and a few others) up on my website (http://www.jive-videos.cjb.net/photos/html/blackpool_05.html) for anyone that's interested.
They're great :clap: :clap: thanks Rob

Andy McGregor
8th-March-2005, 01:52 AM
Off to bed now with a hot toby & more paracetamol :( :sick: :wink:

I'm sure Divissima will have words ....

Divissima
8th-March-2005, 10:33 AM
:wink:

I'm sure Divissima will have words .... :rofl: There's a freudian slip....

Lynn
8th-March-2005, 11:37 AM
Yup - got the photo (and a few others) up on my website (http://www.jive-videos.cjb.net/photos/html/blackpool_05.html) for anyone that's interested.Great!

Rose
8th-March-2005, 12:47 PM
Hello there

just recovering from Blackpool it was sensational. So proud of Edinburgh Team - fantastic!!!! Met so many talented dancers, absolutely inspiring, thanks to girls in the loo (always good place to chat) who were pushing me on. Got through to semi-final of take a chance, what a feeling after 8 months at Ceroc. Cant wait for next one - :clap: hmmm.....maybe I will go to London! :wink:

ElaineB
8th-March-2005, 02:20 PM
The results are up on the chance2dance website - check out the Showcase marks!! 108 out of 108!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Anyone fancy taking them on? :eek:

Elaine

latinlover
8th-March-2005, 02:35 PM

great photos Rob :waycool:

Bill
8th-March-2005, 07:10 PM
great photos Rob :waycool:

Amazing how much better I look when I'm standing still :sick: except when my body seems contorted !!!!!!

Tried to get on to the results but couldn't access the site :what:

I suppose what has to be said has been said but having sent some thoughts to Tony and the gang I might as well add my voice to those who are less than impressed with georgia's contribution. I have nothing against her voice -I just think it isn't really music for dancing and took up a lot of Friday and when she did stop the music that was played was pretty dire.

There will always be disagreements over results but there were more 'surprises' in my view this year than before and I thought the atmosphere was more muted than the last few years. Even the Scots seemed less noisy than before - even though there was plenty to cheer. 'We' won the team event, were second in the double trouble, had finalists in the Seniors, Intermediate and DWAS and two couples in the second round of the Advanced. :cheers: :D ............and no doubt many will say we could have done even better !!!! But not a bad haul surely ! :clap:

Anyone booked their hotel for next year ?????

Cruella
8th-March-2005, 09:55 PM
[Even the Scots seemed less noisy than before - even though there was plenty to cheer.

Not sure about this!! As i was sitting right next to them they seemed pretty loud to me!! I'm coming up for the scottish champs so looking forward to being deafened again. :D Can't believe James and Mel didn't get in to the finals they were great, couldn't stop watching them.
Congratulations to everyone who competed. Had a fab time. Must apologise to any men who danced with me as i was one of those awful women who had too much to drink whilst dancing.!! SORRY Especially to my dwas partner Simon r :blush: :sick: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
8th-March-2005, 10:39 PM
First chance I've had to post about Blackpool and can't really add much to what's already been said.

Had a great time, and many thanks to everyone who helped keep my son David occupied whilst I was dancing :hug: Sassy 1 - you're a star :kiss:

Afraid I missed too many of the finals:tears:, only making it back to the hall in time to see the Advanced final - but that was breathtaking! As well as the 3 couples who were placed, I was blown away by Alex and Jane, fantastic dancing :clap:

Many congratulations to Lindsay and the Edinburgh team for winning the cabaret - brilliant entertainment :D
but mostly to everyone who took part - with special mention to David and Wendy, James and Melanie, Bill and Lisa for some amazing dancing.

Well done to Jane and Ray :hug:

Jayne - stunning outfit, you looked amazing!

Sam - loved the hat :wink:

Marc - hope your head's not too sore - oops!!!!!!

Had a great time dancing to some fab music (eventually :whistle: ) and a great time was had back at the hotel, courtesy of Skippy & Co on Friday night and the Perth posse on Saturday :rofl: :cheers:

and a HUGE hug to Burge for agreeing to wear a Scotland top - thanks babe, you looked fab xx

Heather
8th-March-2005, 11:19 PM
The results are up on the chance2dance website - check out the Showcase marks!! 108 out of 108!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Anyone fancy taking them on? :eek:

Elaine

So what is the proper web address for chance to dance????

I can't seem to get them - I've had a site offering DJ's for hire and another one offering Goodness knows what!!!!

What did you type in to get their website???

Thanks,
:hug:
Heather,
XX

Heather
8th-March-2005, 11:26 PM
I thought I'd add I tried the chance to dance link from this Forum and got a page about bargain hotels!!! :confused:

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

DavidY
8th-March-2005, 11:38 PM
I thought I'd add I tried the chance to dance link from this Forum and got a page about bargain hotels!!! :confused: You mean the one from http://cerocscotland.com/links.htm ? When I tried the Chance 2 Dance link it offered me lots of loan websites. :rolleyes: I think Franck needs to update a few of the links on that page...

I think the main website you want is http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/. Results are here. (http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/125171/125306.html) :hug:

RobC
8th-March-2005, 11:39 PM
So what is the proper web address for chance to dance????

I can't seem to get them - I've had a site offering DJ's for hire and another one offering Goodness knows what!!!!

What did you type in to get their website???

Thanks,
:hug:
Heather,
XX
http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/ :nice:

Mary
9th-March-2005, 12:15 AM
Can't think of anything to post that hasn't already been said, but would like to reiterate congrats to Ray & Jane - yous just came alive, and some of the girls who looked fantatastic in some great frocks - Jayne, Lisa - just gorgeous. Simon & Lisa you looked great, you've done some great work and lovely to watch. Clayton & Janine, and Phil & Yuko - they ain't human, s'not fair! :wink: C & J's showcase was stunning, and shame they were pipped by Inspector Clouseau (? sp) which I thought was brilliantly conceived and had that cabaret entertainment element.

Although my dancing was pants during the day I would like to say thanks for those fab dances I had at the end - 2 Pauls' and Bill always a gent.

Must mention publicly a massive thanks from Tony & I to the very loud support we had for the airsteps category - you've got no idea what a boost that gave us - thanks guys.

Lindsey - :worthy:

Will stop there with all the gushiness - but there was a lot of hard work and talent there this weekend, I'm sure everyone appreciated what they saw. Well done to lots of people.

M

Divissima
9th-March-2005, 10:39 AM
Mary - have you checked out the marks from the airsteps? Thoroughly deserved :clap:

Heather
9th-March-2005, 01:49 PM
RobC and David Y - Thanks guys!!!! :clap:

Got it now!

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Graham W
10th-March-2005, 04:26 PM

..maybe they've switched stables after Tom's victory - ??

was very impressed with unity of Gloucs support!
c u in Thornbury ;-)

G