PDA

View Full Version : Help with an A' level project please!

Lory
5th-March-2005, 08:05 PM
Please can you help my daughter Holly with a survey, so she can complete her A'level project :flower:

TheTramp
5th-March-2005, 08:16 PM
Please can you help my daughter Holly with a survey, so she can complete her A'level project :flower:
I'm with Telewest. They do my phone, TV and broadband.

Minnie M
5th-March-2005, 08:47 PM
Shame it's not a multi choice one Lory -

I am with BT landline and Broadband - so many friends (plus the telesales phone calls) have been trying to persuade me to change my landline provider. :innocent: I know it will save me money, but I like the comfort zone. Not sure if the service is any better, I have had problems and when I ring them, I am automatically put through to INDIA (most of the time can't understand them due to their accent :what: ) and they can't transfer you back, or know what the UK departments do :confused:

Piglet
5th-March-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi Lory and your daughter,

We're with BT - never had any problems and don't see any need to change. Besides I'm very suspicious of companies that chase for business so won't jump ship just because they offer cheaper prices.

philsmove
5th-March-2005, 10:13 PM
I’m with Telewest

I changed because Telewest offer a combined economically package for TV phone and broadband

I would never ever use BT for broadband but was happy with there phone service

drathzel
5th-March-2005, 11:52 PM
Oh, i remember doing surveys for school! ick!

I am with BT for my phone line (my dial up is with Wanadoo using my bt line)
I am happy enough with my sevice. I changed for a month but ended up with unusual charges so moved back to BT but that was over a year ago!

(would go with telewest tv boradband phone if they did my area as they have a good package!)

Hope this Helps :hug:

Feelingpink
6th-March-2005, 12:09 AM
I ticked the fifth option. BT supplies the line but pay for calls to OneTel and have broadband internet access through Fair Broadband.

azande
6th-March-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm with Telewest, and switched from BT around two years ago mainly because they blocked my internet access due to too much usage (the contract for BT Surftime didn't state anywhere that a limit existed!) and when I phoned them they replied that the only way to re-establish the connection was by email! :what: :sick:

The week after I switched to Telewest and I've never been happier with the service (and the phone charges are less as well).

foxylady
6th-March-2005, 01:21 AM
I’m with Telewest

I changed because Telewest offer a combined economically package for TV phone and broadband

I would never ever use BT for broadband but was happy with there phone service

Ditto

DianaS
6th-March-2005, 10:21 AM
I’m with NTL

I changed because NTL offer a combined economically package for TV phone and broadband
Tell your daughter to get in touch via PM for more information if she wants or to give me a ring (No via PM)

Stuart
6th-March-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm unfortunately stuck with BT as I live in a block of flats, and, when they stuck the cables in, they didn't extend it to our block.

However I use Vartec for my phone calls and Wanadoo for my Broadband.

cheeks
6th-March-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm with Telewest for all the reasons previously mentioned- They offer a package deal that BT can't beat. tv,broadband and phone which is perfect with teenagers at home.

I was previously with BT but found to many hidden call charges when I compared it with a friend one day.....immediately switched!

I did remove whole package for a six month ban in my house but thats a different story. :wink:

Good Luck with your project toots. :hug:

Pauline :flower:

El Salsero Gringo
6th-March-2005, 03:46 PM
I was also with BT, but after the calls I made for four consecutive quarters came to less than 50p total I decided it wasn't worth the line rental - so now I have no fixed phone at home.

Chicklet
6th-March-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm with NTL cable.
In my previous residence I had a sky disk
I took this for West Wing on E4, Grand Prix athletics on Eurosport since ch4 dumped it, and films "on demand" ( I don't have a video membership and am only rarely tempted by movies, but it's nice to have the option on occasion)
The building I live in now is listed so no dishes allowed and I could not transfer my contract, when it was converted to residential property, they put in NTL cable...this also gave me a TVInternet connection that I used for e-mail and forum...it's a Fisher Price thing, very temperamental and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone unless they were desperate and really didn't want a broadband or other computer connection...when I hurt my back in November I had to get broadband to work from home as could not drive to the office.
Incase it is a relevant point, cost did not come into the decision making process.

here endeth the useless info!! :blush:

good luck!

Lynn
6th-March-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm with BT and am generally happy. I get junk mail from NTL almost every week (the 'Dear Occupier' kind) which puts me off switching to them. I do get a bit annoyed about the line rental charges, but the call charges (free 'local' evening and weekend calls) suit me well, though I would be inclined to use One Tel if making daytime calls or international calls.

Not on Broadband yet, as my monthly internet charges are still cheaper than a broadband connection, but plan to change sometime soon. From things I have read here, I might give BT Broadband a miss and use UTV or similar.

Alfie
7th-March-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm with Telewest. They do my phone, TV and broadband.

Same for us too. Always satisfied with the service, tech support very good reasonably priced for the whole package,the cheapest broadband provider locally.

Will
7th-March-2005, 01:01 AM
I am with One-Tel.

Lory
7th-March-2005, 01:24 AM
Thank you all so much for your help! :cheers:

This part of my project is now finished :clap:

Holly :)

Minnie M
7th-March-2005, 09:59 AM
Thank you all so much for your help! :cheers:

This part of my project is now finished :clap:

Holly :)

Happy belated 18th Holly :cheers: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Aleks
7th-March-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm with Telewest, and switched from BT around two years ago mainly because they blocked my internet access due to too much usage (the contract for BT Surftime didn't state anywhere that a limit existed!) and when I phoned them they replied that the only way to re-establish the connection was by email! :what: :sick:

The week after I switched to Telewest and I've never been happier with the service (and the phone charges are less as well).

:yeah: Although he forgot to mention that I'm the one who pays the bill!

Chicklet
7th-March-2005, 11:41 AM
(the contract for BT Surftime didn't state anywhere that a limit existed!) .

should've switched to the SMurftime package ???

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2005, 11:51 AM
should've switched to the SMurftime package ???
a smurf advertising campaign would have convinced ME at least :)

MartinHarper
7th-March-2005, 12:48 PM
Who says that A-levels are getting easier?

Lory
7th-March-2005, 07:26 PM
Just thought you might like to know, that Holly did her presentation late this afternoon and got an 'excellent' for use of initiative during her research!

And together with her other work, I can proudly announce she has attained an over all 'A' for this particular module! :clap: :cheers:

animaltalk
7th-March-2005, 07:48 PM
With BT - Am happy now, on broadband.
Did change - but came back due to poor service
Yes would chose quality over price - difficult to appreciate quality with phone systems -till things go wrong.

Good luck with project - Especially all the data collation -which I remeber being particuarly boring

NTV

cheeks
8th-March-2005, 12:58 AM
Just thought you might like to know, that Holly did her presentation late this afternoon and got an 'excellent' for use of initiative during her research!

And together with her other work, I can proudly announce she has attained an over all 'A' for this particular module! :clap: :cheers:

Well done Holly :clap:

Keep up the good work toots :hug:

Pauline. :flower: