PDA

View Full Version : People, moments or events in MJ that have changed your life...

Dancing Teeth
3rd-March-2005, 12:18 PM
When James Cronin, asked me to be a Ceroc teacher, after six months of doing MJ, I laughed at him.. It's was totally out of the question because among other things, I had a serious speech impediment (stammer).

The stage is the last place such a person would like to be. James then said to me and I remember it as if it was yesterday. "listen Vik, we all have problems in life, all I'm interested in is you on that stage, do what ever you need to do, but I what you on that stage".

This was incredible because this thing which had dictated my whole life until now was not a problem to this man. OH may God, and off I went with cloudy eyes to speech therapy school for about three months, and the rest is history.

Talk about a life change, I have since meet so many amazing people in the MJ scene that I just can't imagine what life would have be like without it..

Over to you... what's your moment, event or person(s) that's changed your life.

Will
3rd-March-2005, 12:31 PM
Being invited to "Ceroc at St Pauls, South Kensington" to celebrate a friends birthday one Friday night in 1993. (I suspect you were there Mr Dancing Teeth as I remember you were a regular there back then). James Cronin was teaching and his enthusiasm for Ceroc was infectious. I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

I also vaguely remember first meeting Kate there and dancing with her around 1994-5ish. Many years later our paths crossed again and now we're getting married in 5 weeks.

I'd say it's been fairly life changing.....

Dancing Teeth
3rd-March-2005, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Will]James Cronin was teaching and his enthusiasm for Ceroc was infectious. I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

QUOTE]

Agree, James's enthusiasm for Ceroc was something else. Never meet anyone quite like him.. I also didn't thing I would enjoy it but hey, look at me now.. :grin:

Gadget
3rd-March-2005, 12:53 PM
Good thread...
Unfortunately I have very little to contribute apart from the wealth of memories and 'snapshots' that have made me feel part of a warm community.
There are moments on the dance floor that I will forever be trying to re-capture.
There are compliments said I will forever be trying to live up to.
There are people with whom I will probably be friends with forever.

The biggest "life-changing" event for me was being introduced to Ceroc. My circle of friends gets smaller by marriage, kids, relocation and a general drifting apart. I know that no matter where I am, at whatever point in my life, I can slip on my shoes, turn up at the door, feel welcomed & accepted and have fun.

Yea to MJ :clap:

Divissima
3rd-March-2005, 12:55 PM
Well, attending the Ceroc Champs in 2001 was a fairly life-changing thing for me. I think it really opened my eyes to the possibilities in MJ - I particularly remember Clayton & Janine's showcase (the 'Crow' routine) and the Ceroc Metro and Scooby Doo team cabarets. It must have had a profound effect because when, a few months later, TwK and Debster asked if I'd like to be part of the team cabaret they were putting together for the Ceroc Champs 2002, I jumped at the chance. I still regard that team cabaret among the top two or three achievements in my life.

And of course, I got to know TwK a whole lot better which has led to many great things and much happiness.

David Franklin
3rd-March-2005, 01:02 PM
I also vaguely remember first meeting Kate there and dancing with her around 1994-5ish. Many years later our paths crossed again and now we're getting married in 5 weeks. :clap: :cheers:

Strangely, Bryony and I got together because of a class that didn't happen - we were both at Camber, and decided to do a class together. The class was cancelled, so we decided to work on stuff together back in London instead. The rest is history...

Dave

Dancing Teeth
3rd-March-2005, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Will]James Cronin was teaching and his enthusiasm for Ceroc was infectious. I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

QUOTE]

Agree, James's enthusiasm for Ceroc was something else. Never meet anyone quite like him.. I also didn't thing I would enjoy it but hey, look at me now.. :grin:

Actually.. Coming to thing of it.. Mick Ellard... haven't seen him dance lately but I remember his dancing from all those years ago... lots of Sex, and the things he got away with on the dance floor... shocking, and incredible to watch... :clap:

Lory
3rd-March-2005, 01:20 PM
Actually.. Coming to thing of it.. Mike Ellard... haven't seen him dance lately but I remember his dancing from all those years ago... lots of Sex, and the things he got away with on the dance floor... shocking, and incredible to watch... :clap:He hasn't changed! :wink:

David Franklin
3rd-March-2005, 01:23 PM
He hasn't changed! :wink:
I think the beard is new...

Dave

Zebra Woman
3rd-March-2005, 05:07 PM
He hasn't changed! :wink:

Oh Lory! You took the letters right off my keyboard...

What a dancer :really: :eek: :drool: ...it's more than a dance it's complete interactive entertainment of the highest order :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Lory
3rd-March-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh Lory! You took the letters right off my keyboard...

What a dancer :really: :eek: :drool: ...it's more than a dance it's complete interactive entertainment of the highest order :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :yeah: Have you been treated to his Chinese burn treatment yet? :yum: (I bet its not listed as one of the standard ceroc moves! :whistle: )

After dancing with Mike, I truly look and feel, like i've been thoroughly.......................

........dragged through a hedge backward! ! :wink: WOOOOO! :D :rofl: :rofl:

jivecat
3rd-March-2005, 07:55 PM
Walking in through the door on the first night I went 3 and a half years ago.

Daisy Chain
4th-March-2005, 01:26 PM
Walking in through the door on the first night I went 3 and a half years ago.

:yeah: But for me it was more like 8 years ago. Just think, If I hadn't been given the flyer for Bowden back in 1996, I might still be doing strange things with bearded men, sticks and hankies at weekends :eek:

Daisy

(A Relieved Little Flower)

PS I'm sure that a dance with a certain Jive Master would also count as a life changing experience. Just seen the DVD........... :worthy: but why weren't Phil and Yuko in second place?