PDA

View Full Version : How much notice of a weekender / workshop do you need ?

RobC
1st-March-2005, 11:37 PM
A one day MJC (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk/) event has just been announced for the 19th March. It is now less than 3 weeks away (I only found out about it 4 weeks ahead of the date) and I was curious about how much notice dancers feel they need in order to fit a weekender or one day workshop into their calendar.

angelique
2nd-March-2005, 01:35 AM
A one day MJC (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk/) event has just been announced for the 19th March. It is now less than 3 weeks away (I only found out about it 4 weeks ahead of the date) and I was curious about how much notice dancers feel they need in order to fit a weekender or one day workshop into their calendar.

As much as love dancing would depend on whether could go armed with said dance bag, array of shoes and glittery tops and 3 children tucked under 1 arm which I could then let loose to run round the hall/venue that a lot of hard work has gone into organising?? :whistle:

If that was a "no" then it would take quite a while to organise! :grin:

Piglet
2nd-March-2005, 09:22 AM
I said "less than a month" but I mainly go to the Aberdeen events at the moment. Have gone to 2 other events in the last year and definitely want to go to the Championships again - was blown away by the fantastic dancing there! Also enjoyed the Perth weekend last year, but only went on the Saturday! Well worth it - from what I feel, the events are so full of "happy-making beans" that they are worth rearranging most calendars for anyway.

:nice:

Yliander
2nd-March-2005, 09:32 AM
i voted over 6 months - the main reason for that is travel - Australia is a long way from the UK :na: although it's about the same here though as the only weekender events are interstate and Perth is along way from everywhere :na:

for a one day workshop with in driving distance of my house - 3-4 hours then really only a week or 2 if it's a workshop I really want to do - enough time to find a partner and reschedule whatever I already had on.

Ideally I prefer 4-6 weeks notice - just makes getting organised that much easier

under par
2nd-March-2005, 09:45 AM
It really is only a problem if you do not have the relevant day/s free in your diary.

If it is free then you possibly go!!

If you don't have it free can you get free of commitments to go?

Or you are not free to go so you don't go.

The only other factors that could cause problems is "Can I afford to go?" followed quickly by "Do I want to go?" :flower:

Lynn
2nd-March-2005, 12:50 PM
As long as possible for me as then I can get the cheaper flights! :grin: Eg for Southport this coming June I got £11 return to Liverpool because I booked months ago. So its pretty travel-costs dependant for me. And also - like UP said - it depends if there is a gap in the diary and if not, what can be rearranged to make a gap!

Sheepman
2nd-March-2005, 01:45 PM
It really is only a problem if you do not have the relevant day/s free in your diary. Exactly that, which is why I voted for 6 months, anything less than 3 months makes it very hard to squeeze into the busy schedule (which isn't ALL dancing).
Nevertheless, I will be at the MJC event on the 19th, unless I'm delayed in Italy :whistle:

Greg

RobC
2nd-March-2005, 01:56 PM
Nevertheless, I will be at the MJC event on the 19th, unless I'm delayed in Italy :whistle:

Greg
And if anyone wants to make a weekend of it, I believe that the next JiveBug WCS Workshop/Tea Dance with Paul Warden is the very next day on the Sunday :clap: