PDA

View Full Version : Villages for the over 50's

DianaS
1st-March-2005, 02:44 PM
There's a village for the over 50's being developed where I live and I was wondering if there are any villages being developed for retired dancers?

I'd like one with a sprung dance floor, a chill out room with foot spas and a visiting massuse, with maybe a jacussi or hot tub for those of us who like to bath out doors, with of course a little patio to dance under the stars.

Has anyone heard of one?
...or would you like to be a partner in this fantasy of mine?

D

under par
1st-March-2005, 02:47 PM
There's a village for the over 50's being developed where I live and I was wondering if there are any villages being developed for retired dancers?

I'd like one with a sprung dance floor, a chill out room with foot spas and a visiting massuse, with maybe a jacussi or hot tub for those of us who like to bath out doors, with of course a little patio to dance under the stars.

Has anyone heard of one?
...or would you like to be a partner in this fantasy of mine?

I'd like to join you in this fantasy BUT not for a few more years yet:flower:

DianaS
1st-March-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm not ready either yet, but I'm saving up!

Minnie M
1st-March-2005, 03:10 PM
Funny enough I AM old enough and was seriously looking into buying a 'retirement' home/flat as I need to sell my house to release some of the equity, and they are so much cheaper !

My son (who is 37) said - "Don't be daft mum, they would throw you out with all those late nights and loud music"

Mind you I could start one and get it ready for you youngsters - but you will only be allowed to watch dance videos, very quietly of course - and you must (if you must) only dance in your slippers :waycool:

DianaS
1st-March-2005, 03:32 PM
Mind you I could start one and get it ready for you youngsters - Wouldn't it be lovely, we could dance after breakfast and not have to go work. Spend our days learning exotic dances from remote corners of the world and have T dances with friends who come to visit.

And we could invite our favourite dancers to have a time share with us and circulate from village to village dancing all over the country in our twilight years

Isn't it time we did a business plan??MM
:clap: :cheers:
I may be young-ish but by the time we had it sorted I may be ready to retire :hug:

philsmove
1st-March-2005, 04:39 PM
I think it’s a crazy ideal

I’m over 50 but would hate to live somewere with no children no teenagers and no 20, 30 ,or 40 somethings

Wes
2nd-March-2005, 02:09 AM
Yes
I think these over 'some' age villages are a great idea, I have an uncle and aunt who live in a complex like this in California, they have a wail of a time, they just can't keep up with the social life. Wouldn't that be great for dancers, somewhere where its nice and warm of course and with a dance venue that has air con and cheap drinks...utopia!! :nice: in fact :drool:

Trousers
2nd-March-2005, 05:34 AM
Yes
I think these over 'some' age villages are a great idea, I have an uncle and aunt who live in a complex like this in California, they have a wail of a time, they just can't keep up with the social life. Wouldn't that be great for dancers, somewhere where its nice and warm of course and with a dance venue that has air con and cheap drinks...utopia!! :nice: in fact :drool:
Yeah I know the sort of place, I bought an apartment moved all my stuff it was great, as I was moving in all these women brought muffins and cakes, the guys helped move boxes, it was like coming home.
Anyhow there was a resident get together that evening, that was when I realised Swingers didn't mean LindyHop! :eek:

Trousers
2nd-March-2005, 05:49 AM
Yes
I thought Utopia was where all sheep dreamt of going to when they were made into rugs or Shepherds pies. Ewetopia!!

Right I want a one way ticket to the Edinburgh Fringe = I'm gonna make it!

Aint it lucky how things get named?

Just a few movements of some scholars hand way back in the past and all you northern chappies ( and chappesses ) would be living in Enidburgh. Good ole Enid she was a great old stick.

Hmmm I wonder if I could get to sleep yet?

Good Nytol!

Magic Hans
2nd-March-2005, 09:51 AM
I think it’s a crazy ideal

I’m over 50 but would hate to live somewere with no children no teenagers and no 20, 30 ,or 40 somethings :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Totally agree! In a society that seems to be becoming ever more segregating, MJ events are such a refreshing mix of 20s to 60s and some teens and 70s; directors, labourers, professionals, tradesmen, blacks, whites, asians, and everything in between.

I yearn for more opportunity to mix and learn from and about those who are different to me, and fear the alienation, fear and distrust that seems to be an inevitable result of our ever more demarked social existence.

under par
2nd-March-2005, 10:04 AM
I like the thought but what about if it really mirrored our MJ lifestyles.

We would have to have a "HOTSHOT" village, a few advanced villages, lots of intermediate villages and bargain basement beginner villages. :whistle:

It would be an interesting visit to the Hotshot village as nobody ever admits to living there. :wink:

We would then be able to send in the PAPPARAZZI to discover WHO was hiding behind the gates of the HOTSHOT village!!! :rofl:

We could discuss ad nausiem whether you should be in advanced or intermediiate villages dependent upon previous years standards. ie if you placed or won in an intermediate village would that then enforce you moving villages to an advanced village. :flower:

We could then have holiday homes or timeshare deals in dance resorts of Camber Southport Blackpool MJC town, BFG on Clyde, Beach ballroom on sea, "Britroc"ton or Weston Super floor. :hug: :hug: :yeah:

I think it is a great idea lets go for it :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

DianaS
2nd-March-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah I know the sort of place, I bought an apartment moved all my stuff it was great, as I was moving in all these women brought muffins and cakes, the guys helped move boxes, it was like coming home.
Anyhow there was a resident get together that evening, that was when I realised Swingers didn't mean LindyHop! :eek:
OMG you poor babe!

Bigger Andy
2nd-March-2005, 02:20 PM
There's a village for the over 50's being developed where I live

Has anyone heard of one?

There are sadly quite a number of these around here, probably too many. :tears:

The obvious one is Herne Bay. :sad:

DianaS
2nd-March-2005, 02:30 PM
There are sadly quite a number of these around here, probably too many. :tears:

The obvious one is Herne Bay. :sad:

Hi Andy
My Dad quite fancies it, that's why I'm checking it out. It sounds like
if he thinks he's going to learn swing there he may have a surprise :wink:
What do they get up to???

ElaineB
2nd-March-2005, 02:47 PM
I like the thought but what about if it really mirrored our MJ lifestyles.

We would have to have a "HOTSHOT" village, a few advanced villages, lots of intermediate villages and bargain basement beginner villages. :whistle:

It would be an interesting visit to the Hotshot village as nobody ever admits to living there. :wink:

We would then be able to send in the PAPPARAZZI to discover WHO was hiding behind the gates of the HOTSHOT village!!! :rofl:

We could discuss ad nausiem whether you should be in advanced or intermediiate villages dependent upon previous years standards. ie if you placed or won in an intermediate village would that then enforce you moving villages to an advanced village. :flower:

We could then have holiday homes or timeshare deals in dance resorts of Camber Southport Blackpool MJC town, BFG on Clyde, Beach ballroom on sea, "Britroc"ton or Weston Super floor. :hug: :hug: :yeah:

I think it is a great idea lets go for it :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rep for that!!

Elaine

Bigger Andy
2nd-March-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Andy

They seem to do a lot of sleeping around ... :whistle:

... on deckchairs in the Summer.

... in front of the TV and/or fire in Winter.

:rofl:

DianaS
2nd-March-2005, 03:03 PM
They seem to do a lot of sleeping around ... :whistle:

... on deckchairs in the Summer.

... in front of the TV and/or fire in Winter.

:rofl:

How discusting! :mad:

Minnie M
2nd-March-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi Andy

what ???????

:yeah: Set me up with a blind date then, I teach him how to swing (not the kind the smurf talks about though :blush: ) :whistle:

There are loads of retirement homes / villages on the south coast

DianaS
2nd-March-2005, 03:32 PM
what ???????

:yeah: Set me up with a blind date then, I teach him how to swing (not the kind the smurf talks about though :blush: ) :whistle:

There are loads of retirement homes / villages on the south coast

That sounds wicked!
You two could start a dance annex in one of the south coast establishments, we younger ones may have to lie about our age to get in, but you could pretend I was your sister :whistle:
R there bouncers, or security at these places
and do they wear leather gear being south coasters? :waycool:

Minnie M
2nd-March-2005, 03:37 PM
You will have to bring him to one of the weekenders Diana - to see if he likes our life style :waycool: then leave the rest to me :whistle: I do have OAP status, but it is only on my bus pass :flower:

DianaS
2nd-March-2005, 04:07 PM
You will have to bring him to one of the weekenders Diana - to see if he likes our life style :waycool: then leave the rest to me :whistle: I do have OAP status, but it is only on my bus pass :flower:
He would be scandalised, and I'd never drag him away!
Where are you dancing next :whistle: :whistle:

bobgadjet
3rd-March-2005, 02:11 PM

D
AND you forgot..........

A chocolate machine that only charges 10p for a bar of chocolate that won't be bad for you.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :wink: