PDA

View Full Version : New prize for teachers at Blackpool

eastmanjohn
25th-February-2005, 08:51 PM
The LeRoc Federation is pleased to announce its sponsorship of an extra prize to be awarded at the Blackpool Modern Jive competition next week.

The prize is called The Inspirational Teacher's Award and will be presented to the teacher nominated by the winners of the Intermediate category.

This might be their regular teacher, a teacher they have been inspired by at a workshop, or maybe their first teacher. The choice is down to the winners.

There is no restriction as to where the teacher is affiliated. The LeRoc Federation simply wants the hard work and professionalsim of teachers to be rewarded.

There will be a cash prize and a nice trophy to mark the achievement. Cheryl Healy from Just Jivin' will be representing the Federation to present the prize.

Andreas
26th-February-2005, 12:34 PM
Nice touch!

:yeah: :cheers:

Gus
26th-February-2005, 12:53 PM
agreed ... though the cynic in me is wondering what would happen if the winning couple didnt nominate their own club instructor :sick:

Aside from that .. nice to see a different way at looking at the competitions ... thanking those who help people get there .... think a similar award wouldnt go amiss for Advanced .. many of the top couples now seem to be having coaching as well.

djtrev
26th-February-2005, 01:33 PM
Have to agree with you there Gus.
Fraught with all sorts of problems.

Yliander
26th-February-2005, 02:16 PM
think this is a fantastic idea - which has the potential to bring those hidden gems of teachers that are out there to wider attention

I like to think that dancers of an intermediate level would have enough independence of spirit and want to truely thank the person/couple that had helped/inspired them the most in their quest for excellence rather than just nominating someone from their local club.

eastmanjohn
27th-February-2005, 12:45 PM
think this is a fantastic idea - which has the potential to bring those hidden gems of teachers that are out there to wider attention

I like to think that dancers of an intermediate level would have enough independence of spirit and want to truely thank the person/couple that had helped/inspired them the most in their quest for excellence rather than just nominating someone from their local club.

I'm glad you like this idea. To be honest, I don't think it matters if they nominate their normal club teacher. I see no reason why they shouldn't be as inspirational as the small group of workshop teachers.

I can't wait to find out who wins.

ElaineB
27th-February-2005, 03:22 PM
The LeRoc Federation is pleased to announce its sponsorship of an extra prize to be awarded at the Blackpool Modern Jive competition next week.

The prize is called The Inspirational Teacher's Award and will be presented to the teacher nominated by the winners of the Intermediate category.

This might be their regular teacher, a teacher they have been inspired by at a workshop, or maybe their first teacher. The choice is down to the winners.

There is no restriction as to where the teacher is affiliated. The LeRoc Federation simply wants the hard work and professionalsim of teachers to be rewarded.

There will be a cash prize and a nice trophy to mark the achievement. Cheryl Healy from Just Jivin' will be representing the Federation to present the prize.

Excellent idea John. There are so many good teachers out there behind the competitors that deserve a mention.

Elaine

Minnie M
6th-March-2005, 06:21 PM
well ?

Chicklet
6th-March-2005, 07:01 PM
a gentleman with a name starting with H :confused:

Toby wan Kenobe
6th-March-2005, 07:05 PM
... and ending in 'umphrey if my scrambled brain serves me...

TwK

Alfie
6th-March-2005, 10:12 PM
The well deserving gentleman who won this prize was Humphrey, the teacher from Ceroc Cheltenham. Real diamond geezer, it's nice to see someone be appreciated for all the help they have given to the finalists and all the other dancers they have come into contact with.
I think this was a fab idea and it went to a real great bloke. Well done to "H"
and respect to Tom and Vicky for remembering to give their teacher a mention.