PDA

View Full Version : Magazine articles

Gadget
25th-February-2005, 05:38 PM
Just thumbing through "IT advisor" - issue35: Jan/feb 2005 before I consigned it to the round, metal filing system under my desk:

Dancing with the enemy?
Do you remember your first dance with yourhasband or wife? Indeed do you remember your early experiances of dancing with the opposite sex? Whilst there are some warm memories, I am sure there are also memories of early rejections and some discomfort whilst you learnt to fit with the rhythm of your partner and build and develop the necessary dancing skills.
The challenge facing IT departments is much like this. ...
:rofl:
the rest of the artical is straight laced, but this made me laugh.

Feelingpink
25th-February-2005, 06:06 PM
Just thumbing through "IT advisor" - issue35: Jan/feb 2005 before I consigned it to the round, metal filing system under my desk:

Quote:

Dancing with the enemy?
Do you remember your first dance with yourhasband or wife? Indeed do you remember your early experiances of dancing with the opposite sex? Whilst there are some warm memories, I am sure there are also memories of early rejections and some discomfort whilst you learnt to fit with the rhythm of your partner and build and develop the necessary dancing skills.
The challenge facing IT departments is much like this. ...

I would wonder if "IT Adviser", while sounding very like one of the "Have I Got News for You" feature publications, is actually catering to the needs of its readers with its dancing analogy. What percentage of MJers do you think are connected with IT? I suspect there's an unusually high correlation between the two - and have no understanding of why this should be.

philsmove
25th-February-2005, 06:45 PM
I would wonder if "IT Adviser", while sounding very like one of the "Have I Got News for You" feature publications, is actually catering to the needs of its readers with its dancing analogy. What percentage of MJers do you think are connected with IT? I suspect there's an unusually high correlation between the two - and have no understanding of why this should be.

I think Crispin, who started Elmgrove LeRoc, did a survey of his class about 12 years ago and found a very high proportion were involved in IT or similar maths based jobs

Today it’s difficult to find any profession that does not use IT

bobgadjet
25th-February-2005, 07:09 PM

Just in case there has not been a thread "do you remember the first dance you had with your present partner, I've just started one.

Dreadful Scathe
25th-February-2005, 09:05 PM
... and found a very high proportion were involved in IT or similar maths based jobs

Maths based ? most IT jobs have got nothing whatsoever to do with maths, I'm terrible at Maths but I know how to ask the right questions :)

There also seems to be a lot of MJ'ers who teach !

baldrick
25th-February-2005, 10:17 PM
I deny everything, I'm not in IT, not at all, not even a little. I just work with computers a bit, and then only cause I know more than anybody else at work. Look I'm normal, no a geek, just a bloke who likes knowing how things work. Nothing wrong with that? :confused:

Gadget
25th-February-2005, 11:07 PM
My boss accused me today of programming the multi-function fax/coppier/printer/scanner/teasmade so that only I knew how it worked :rolleyes:
My response: I don't need to; I just know how it thinks!

baldrick
25th-February-2005, 11:18 PM
My boss accused me today of programming the multi-function fax/coppier/printer/scanner/teasmade so that only I knew how it worked :rolleyes:
My response: I don't need to; I just know how it thinks!
I've been indirectly accused of setting up the network so it crashes/slows at month end just to annoy people. If I was that good I'd earn twice as much. :rofl: