PDA

View Full Version : Going Commando

Amanda
5th-April-2002, 11:30 AM
So, is 'Going Commando' a look that is compatible with ceroc? How many of you risk 'exposure' in a bid to avoid VPL? And of course, the kilt question....

Here in Aberdeen, Going Commando at ceroc is an ongoing subject of debate. Maybe we should we be getting out more or perhaps it's just because we know how to have a damn good time up here in Aberdeen...

:waycool:

julie watson
5th-April-2002, 12:20 PM
Hi Amanda

You can always be relied on to bring a smile to the day!
Commando !! yes that has really been a ongoing subject of much amusement. mostly with us guessing who is and who should!!
And yes some of the guys have, is that because of v.p.l. I wonder.

My experience is a lot of the guys take a kean interest in what we are wearing !!!.
I do think it can be really risky with some of the moves though you would be in danger of complete exposure but I can only guess as I would never admit to going commando!!

Your right we do know how to have fun at ceroc in aberdeen albeit in the best possible taste.
I wondered if the guys will come back at you with this one or will they save it for the night.
As to your last comment I really do think we should get out more!!!

John S
5th-April-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by julie watson

My experience is a lot of the guys take a kean interest in what we are wearing !!!.

Or not!:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I reckon the next Aberdeen party will be a sell-out! :D

Are any of you commandos coming to Dundee tonight?:) :)

Amanda
5th-April-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi John

Good to have some male input. Last time the idea of having a 'Going Commando' theme was touted around in Aberdeen there was a certain contingent who had no idea what 'G C' meant... They actually thought that the required partywear was army fatiques!!!

As for the next party in Aberdeen - yes, do come along - you never know what you might see....

Amanda aka commando-in-chief

:really:

John McAulay
5th-April-2002, 03:28 PM
WITH ALL THIS TALK OF GOING COMMANDO IVE SPILT MY COFFEE OVER MY KEYBOARD:tears:
AS EYE CONTACT HAS AWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM OF MINE,:sorry
I HAVE MANAGED TO COME UP WITH A LIST OF ALL THE COMMANDO'S:) IVE DANCED WITH THIS YEAR.
FOR DETAILS SEND A CHEQUE FOR £20 TO THE USUAL ADDRESS.
REGARDS
JONMAC

Bill
5th-April-2002, 04:22 PM
I obviously need to sit out more and listen to the chat !!!!!! I've never heard anyone discuss going combat.......... and I really can't imagine a woman in a dress, however long doing so. So I assume you are discussing whether women, and possibly men ??, are wearing underwear or not.

I have to say that I have never heard a man discuss whether a woman was wearing anything under her trousers but I actually think this is the kind of thing other women would notice...... but maybe I'm wrong !!! :nice:

Does this suggest that either women spend too long sitting out or that men are simply too busy and interested in dancing to actually notice ( or care ??) what a woman is wearing under her trousers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the looks some women who wear thongs get from other women and some men. Imagine dancing with a skirt and not wearing your 'Ceroc pants'. I thought that was compulsory...maybe they should be handed out on the first night along with the members card

Are any of you suggesting you would want men to go comando :wink:

Maybe at a future party all the men can wear kilts and we can find out if any do g.c.:D ............................

Have fun and I look forward to listening to this discussion a week Tuesday.:grin:

Stuart M
5th-April-2002, 04:31 PM
Sorry to butt in on this little slice of Aberdonian cultural life, but as a Weegie IÕve been reading with increasing interest! So obviously thermals arenÕt Òde rigeurÓ in Aberdeen then :D ?Éand may I point out that anyone going Commando is actually Ògetting out moreÓ anyway, in at least one sense of the phrase :really:

CanÕt really comment on the VPL issue in Glasgow Ð only one woman has deliberately shown me her knickers during a Ceroc evening Ð but I will do a survey over the next week, on the pretext of Òresearch for the Ceroc discussion forumÓ. Guess this might be my last post then...

Now, I could comment on the kilt issue, but as this is a matter of honour amongst all us guys who wore kilts in March, I wonÕt. And since it seems there's no photos available, I think the secret is safe for now.

Seriously though, ladies should wear whatever makes them feel comfortable...

No, I was being serious!

Honest!

Amanda
5th-April-2002, 06:16 PM
Just a few responses:

John - I want a copy of that list.

Bill - yes, it is possible to wear a frock and Go Commando. And yes, this whole subject definitely applies to the boys as well (you should sit out more - there have been collective discussions on this very theme for quite some time now!).
A kilts'n'commando party sounds just the ticket - how about this as a Scotland-wide April party theme...?

Stuart - as a fellow Weegie I realise that this whole subject may appear a bit baffling. But then, have you ever been to Aberdeen...?

Can't you tell that Franck is on holiday? Looking forward to his tuppence-worth on return from the slopes...

Amanda

:wink:

Anne
6th-April-2002, 09:29 PM
On this very interesting subject - When I first started Cercoc I remember being advised from a Gentleman that Lady Cerocers should wear "big knickers" when dancing. I thought it was "fridge pickers that wore big knickers"!!!

Niall
9th-April-2002, 09:28 AM
What on earth is goin' on ...

I'm away for one weekend having a fab time at a stag party in Galway and I come back to all this stuff ...

Going commando was the biz in Galway. I think the rule now is that hen night groups wear as little as possible and believe me, the BAM BAM (yes ... a theme on the Flintstones) collective wore very little. To be honest, I didn't want to come back to the frozen north. I wonder is there a Ceroc night in Galway?? Could be a monster success ...

Anyway ... I'm far too busy dancing and having a good time to think about going commando and anybody else doing the commando stylee apart from when Amanda wears one of her tails and struts around the dance floor like a Stray Cat ...

Franck
9th-April-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Amanda
So, is 'Going Commando' a look that is compatible with ceroc? How many of you risk 'exposure' in a bid to avoid VPL? And of course, the kilt question....

Here in Aberdeen, Going Commando at ceroc is an ongoing subject of debate. Maybe we should we be getting out more or perhaps it's just because we know how to have a damn good time up here in Aberdeen...

:waycool:

Ok, Amanda, I'll admit it, when I started reading this thread, I had no idea what you were talking about. :what:
Then when it started dawning on me what you meant, disbelief took over :really:
The only time that this subject has come up in the past, was when we got a complaint from the manager of a venue who objected to a ceroc dancer exposing too much (going commando under a skirt). :sorry
Apart from that, the issue only becomes relevant when I wear a kilt... I got a bit of flak for wearing something under my kilt at the Glasgow party :sad: but decided that teaching from a high stage, it would be better for all concerned :really: However, when I taught a Scottish theme guest class in Hammersmith (London), I had to go as a true Scotsman ! :wink: Can't let Scotland down.

Generally, I am happy to keep an open mind, though, it seems to me that it must be pretty un-comfortable to go commando when wearing trousers... :sick:

Still, I suppose summer is coming and the first "Men-in-shorts" will begin to appear... No doubt sparking a heated debate in here...

Franck.

Amanda
10th-April-2002, 09:58 AM
What's this about 'men-in-shorts' Franck...?!! We've never seen any of them in Aberdeen. Now that would be a worth a look.

Last night at Culter one of the guys - you know who you are - counted 20 commandos. Was this a gross exageration or have we brave few started a ceroc trend? And will our party on 27 April attract a whole load of new faces..?

Perhaps the men could be persuaded to dust down their kilts specially for the occasion....

Amanda

Jayne
10th-April-2002, 10:26 AM

Last night at Culter one of the guys - you know who you are - counted 20 commandos. Was this a gross exageration or have we brave few started a ceroc trend? And will our party on 27 April attract a whole load of new faces..?

Perhaps the men could be persuaded to dust down their kilts specially for the occasion....

Amanda

20!!!:what: Were they all true commandos or just without VPLs? Needless to say, the latter don't count...

As for shorts, they OK so long as they're not accompanied by "socks-and-sandals"....

Jayne

Franck
10th-April-2002, 10:28 AM
What's this about 'men-in-shorts' Franck...?!! We've never seen any of them in Aberdeen. Now that would be a worth a look.Well there comes a time a year when the weather is getting warmer, when men feel the urge to go dancing bare legs...

Amanda

:wink: I find the above quite incredible :really:
Not so much that so many women might have gone commando, since I would have no idea, but that someone actually looked !!! :what:
I am quite sure that the advice I have always given was that men should always look up, preferably making eye contact.

See you all next week,

Franck.

Franck
10th-April-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
As for shorts, they OK so long as they're not accompanied by "socks-and-sandals"....

Jayne
So? What do you wear with shorts then?

Franck.

julie
10th-April-2002, 11:33 AM
Well I can remember an ocassion where shorts were worn not an experience I would like to see again. theres nothing worse than a mans knobbly knees!

And Frank You really have no idea what else goes on at ceroc apart from the dancing do you. There is so much more. Only last night one of the men commented that ceroc really is a "contact sport"!!

:grin:

Franck
10th-April-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by julie
And Frank You really have no idea what else goes on at ceroc apart from the dancing do you. There is so much more. Only last night one of the men commented that ceroc really is a "contact sport"!!

:grin: I think I might ignore this thread in the future, :nice: just so I can cling on to what is left of my innocence :innocent:

You are right though I probably do not know much of what goes on... But I still believe that even if Ceroc is a "Contact Sport" sometimes, for most people, it is just a great evening dancing in a non threatening environment...

Franck.

julie
10th-April-2002, 11:50 AM
dont ignore this thread its only fun........and I agree ceroc is a great evening spent dancing with and without the sporting element!!!!::D :D

Niall
10th-April-2002, 01:43 PM
I'm concerned about where this is leading. As a guy who just goes to Ceroc to have a dance and a laugh, the thought of hordes of ladies checking the silhouette of my bum is not ... on second thoughts, perhaps I should get out my figure-hugging, tight-fitting '70s disco slacks ... sure to get the ladies talking ...

Amanda
10th-April-2002, 01:50 PM
Go Niall....!!!!!

Stuart M
10th-April-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Niall
... on second thoughts, perhaps I should get out my figure-hugging, tight-fitting '70s disco slacks ... sure to get the ladies talking ...

I wore such trousers at the last fancy-dress Ceroc do in Glasgow, as part of the Medallion Man outfit. I'd point out, Niall, that their main effect, unfortunately, is to make you talk like a lady and not the other way round...:tears:

Maybe this should have gone into Amanda's new thread :)

Graham
10th-April-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Jayne

20!!!:what: Were they all true commandos or just without VPLs? Needless to say, the latter don't count...

I wondered the same thing. I can only think of one way to tell, and whoever this guy was, he must have some charisma (or something :wink: ).

I've also been wondering if this is all just a wind-up in a bid to get more men to go to Aberdeen. Having said which, I wonder what kind of men they're trying to attract??

Does anyone remember an ad campaign in the seventies with the theme "Is she or isn't she?"...(wearing a particular brand of bra) Maybe someone's now developed the knickers to match!

julie
10th-April-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi Graham
You will need to come up for the next party and find out what the crack is up here!
:) :)
Julie

mark
12th-April-2002, 12:00 PM
Well having now read the various replies to going commando would like to point out we are not all lecherous (is that how you spell it?) men in Aberdeen! well not all the time we are into eye contact as well.

Although told by MY MATE ? the gc count was down last night.

;)

Bill
15th-April-2002, 12:21 AM
Julie.................. given the discussion did you really mean to mention 'the crack up here ;)

having been away for most of the last two weeks I see the level of dicussion has been lowered even further !!!!:D

I think that if everyone danced more and sat about chatting less then no-one would notice...or care..... if any dancer (male or female) was gc !

I'm still amazed that anyone can notice if someone is gc or really finds it such a compelling discussion point. For men especially - or is it just me :confused: - I would have thought that we were all too busy thinking of the next move we wanted to do and too busy dancing generally to think about such things.
Is it more a 'girl' thing ? And if so why are women looking at other womens' bums ????

Stop sitting staring !!!!! get up and dance :D

val
15th-April-2002, 11:08 AM
I cannot believe this thread exists - I agree with everything Bill has said on his last posting! What are men doing counting the how many 'gc's there are? I feel very uncomfortable now.:mad: And as for it being a topic of conversation with us women, I'm baffled.

Franck
15th-April-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by val
I cannot believe this thread exists - I agree with everything Bill has said on his last posting! What are men doing counting the how many 'gc's there are? I feel very uncomfortable now.:mad: And as for it being a topic of conversation with us women, I'm baffled.
While I agree with your sentiment (and Bill's), I am sure the thread was started and kept going in a light-hearted, jocular way. Just a bit of fun really.

However, in case you are not aware, you are all able to rate threads, by giving them a mark out of 5. The average rating will then be displayed by a number of stars.
To vote on a thread, just check the bottom of the page when you are done reading it, and select a rating.

Franck.

Amanda
15th-April-2002, 11:59 AM
For me one of the best things about going to a ceroc night is having access to a friendly, safe place to enjoy lots of dancing and sharing a laugh.

Here in Aberdeen we are very lucky to have our Culter venue and there have been many happy nights spent laughing and joking about the most absurd things. And yes, dreaming up ideas for new threads for this website.

The subject of Going Commando has kept lots of us amused for months now but at no time was this ever meant to be taken seriously...

Amanda

John S
15th-April-2002, 12:51 PM

The subject of Going Commando has kept lots of us amused for months now but at no time was this ever meant to be taken seriously...

Amanda

That's disappointing - and there was I getting kitted out in my combat fatigues, boots and helmet for this month's party. :(

I can understand Val's concern, but if it's any reassurance, most dancers are usually too busy trying to remember the next move to be overly concerned about their partner's undergarments.

Still, Who Bares Wins.:D

mark
15th-April-2002, 01:07 PM
Would like to add to Amandas statement about ceroc and going commando it was meant as fun and not to be taken seriously.

For what it's worth I think CEROC provides a unique atmosphere and activity where people even with two left feet (i am one of these) can participate in dancing and enjoy exercise at the same time. Feel very chuffed when someone says that was a good dance or your dancing is getting better. It is also about having fun and if you want a social night out.

There are of course limits and from what I have experienced no one crosses these in Aberdeen.

Happy cerocing.

Mark.

Amanda
15th-April-2002, 01:15 PM
That's disappointing - and there was I getting kitted out in my combat fatigues, boots and helmet for this month's party.

Please do anyway John - at least that way you'll be instantly recognisable to the rest of the Aberdeen platoon....

The local commandos look forward to meeting you on the 27th - you'll know who we are...

Amanda

julie
15th-April-2002, 02:11 PM
I cant believe so many of you are taking this subject so seriously chill out ......its only a laugh or have you lost your sense of humour.
julie
:(

Bill
15th-April-2002, 06:49 PM
I'd like to think that I have a very well developed sense of humour - you've all seen me dance :sick: - and Amanda and Mark make the same very important point which is that we have a very safe and friendly environment to 'play' in.

Unfortunately, at some clubs - perhaps even at ours:what: - there are a handful of men, and even women, who do overstep the mark and may very well be staring at others for all the wrong reasons.

I was at a Blues workshop last week and a few folk did comment on how that gives some dancers the opportunity to get even closer when they don't know their partner well. It's about awareness and respect and I believe we have that at both our clubs.

So, Commando or not get on the floor and shake your thang (s) ???:grin:

Lory
5th-November-2004, 09:18 PM
So, Commando or not get on the floor and shake your thang (s) ???:grin:
This thread is hillarious! :rofl:

A 'big up' to the Scots with their fab sense of humours! :worthy:

Come back Amanda! :flower:

Tiggerbabe
5th-November-2004, 10:55 PM
Come back Amanda! :flower:
Cripes Lory - been digging in the archives again? :wink:
Amanda's been missing from the forum for far too long :sad: but maybe we can persuade her to be at the Beach Ballroom in February - you two would get on like a house on fire :wink: :hug:

Bangers & Mash
5th-November-2004, 11:17 PM
I notice that a number of forum regulars are rather quiet on this thread!

Is this just coincidence?

Tiggerbabe
5th-November-2004, 11:40 PM
I notice that a number of forum regulars are rather quiet on this thread!

Is this just coincidence?
Nope - they just weren't forum regulars at the time :whistle: - if you look closely at the dates, the last post before Lory's was April 2002. :flower:

Bangers & Mash
6th-November-2004, 02:07 AM
D'oh!

:sick:

david gunn
6th-November-2004, 02:50 AM
[QUOTE=Amanda]Hi John

Good to have some male input. Last time the idea of having a 'Going Commando' theme was touted around in Aberdeen there was a certain contingent who had no idea what 'G C' meant... They actually thought that the required partywear was army fatiques!!!
Can I keep my wellies on then? :D

Zebra Woman
6th-November-2004, 12:15 PM
Excellent thread ressurection Lory :clap:

I have to say people's underwear is not something I normally think about (too busy dancing). Have to say I really don't like to see a woman's buttocks no matter how pert they are.

At Ashton's last month when CJ visited several people told me he was 'commando'. After the initial shock, I forgot all about it. At the end of our dance, for a laugh, when he dipped me really low I let go of him so I was lying flat on the floor. Just to see what he would do.....pick me up? walk off and leave me?....Well, I hadn't thought of option 3 had I? And I'd forgotten about what I'd been told earlier too. :what:

He stood over my head and shimmied. :eek: :eek: :waycool: I've called that move EYES WIDE SHUT 'cos they really really were. :wink:

No....really.....they were

ZW :flower:

Graham
6th-November-2004, 12:29 PM
Have to say I really don't like to see a woman's buttocks no matter how pert they are.
Me neither. :whistle:

drathzel
6th-November-2004, 12:34 PM
i just couldn't do it! i would feel naked! :blush:

Graham
6th-November-2004, 12:38 PM
i just couldn't do it! i would feel naked! :blush:
I think that's the attraction. :wink:

baldrick
6th-November-2004, 12:41 PM
Excellent thread ressurection Lory :clap:

He stood over my head and shimmied. :eek: :eek: :waycool: I've called that move EYES WIDE SHUT 'cos they really really were. :wink:

Given Aberdeens theme will probably bring out a whole lot of guys in kilts, its a brave decision to tells about that move. Now where's the directions for a shimmy. :whistle:

drathzel
6th-November-2004, 12:47 PM
Given Aberdeens theme will probably bring out a whole lot of guys in kilts, its a brave decision to tells about that move. Now where's the directions for a shimmy. :whistle:

over there!!!!----->

baldrick
6th-November-2004, 12:52 PM
over there!!!!----->
What ,where, no fair keeps moving. :confused:

drathzel
6th-November-2004, 01:09 PM
What ,where, no fair keeps moving. :confused:

run run, try and catch it!!! :yum:

baldrick
6th-November-2004, 01:14 PM
run run, try and catch it!!! :yum:
I feel a new game going on, hunt the forum shimmy, which thread will it appear on next?
C'mon guys gimme a clue :D

drathzel
6th-November-2004, 01:17 PM
I feel a new game going on, hunt the forum shimmy, which thread will it appear on next?
C'mon guys gimme a clue :D

Try upstairs! well for the type of shimmy you are looking for!

Forte
6th-November-2004, 01:24 PM
Me neither. :whistle:
I seem to remember you saving my blushes recently! I was originally wearing a thong (too much information?) and trousers to a ceroc party night and then changed my mind to a skirt and left the house forgetting to change into the Bridget Jones's big knickers! I had to beg my partners not to dip or drop me all night! Oooh! :blush: :rofl:

Dance Demon
6th-November-2004, 02:55 PM

So should CJ call that move LEGS wide shut then ZW?...wink:

Zebra Woman
6th-November-2004, 05:01 PM
So should CJ call that move LEGS wide shut then ZW?...wink:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sure CJ would know just what to call it :worthy:

AT the time I was absolutley speechless....oh no! That's made me think of MOUTH WIDE SHUT :eek:

Obviously, as soon as I could talk again I rushed to tell all my friends about our visitor's amazing new move. Next time he comes down there will be a queue, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait ladies. :wink:

Don't ya just love Regional Variations?

MartinHarper
6th-November-2004, 06:33 PM
To be added to the dips and drops etiquette list...

For boys:
DON'T assume that your partner has remembered to put on appropriate underwear, or indeed any underwear.
DO ask your partner what underwear she's wearing and whether it matches the ribbons in her hair.

baldrick
6th-November-2004, 06:41 PM
To be added to the dips and drops etiquette list...

For boys:
DON'T assume that your partner has remembered to put on appropriate underwear, or indeed any underwear.
DO ask your partner what underwear she's wearing and whether it matches the ribbons in her hair.
Look I habe enough trouble getting the courage to ask her to dance in the first place, with out needing a check list to fill in. I'd only get 30 seconds a track :sad:

drathzel
6th-November-2004, 07:18 PM
Look I habe enough trouble getting the courage to ask her to dance in the first place, with out needing a check list to fill in. I'd only get 30 seconds a track :sad:

aww!! Well if it helps, i always wear underwear and it very seldom matches the ribbon in my hair!!! :hug:

PretzelMeister
7th-November-2004, 01:26 AM
aww!! Well if it helps, i always wear underwear and it very seldom matches the ribbon in my hair!!! :hug:
'always'? :wink:

Graham
7th-November-2004, 11:06 AM
This sounds like an interesting story - do tell! :devil:

drathzel
7th-November-2004, 02:05 PM

I couldn't possible comment without being taken upstairs!:blush:

Dance Demon
7th-November-2004, 07:14 PM
Obviously, as soon as I could talk again I rushed to tell all my friends about our visitor's amazing new move. Next time he comes down there will be a queue, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait ladies. :wink:

So did it make you go "**** eyed" then ZW........:blush:

baldrick
7th-November-2004, 08:07 PM
So did it make you go "**** eyed" then ZW........:blush:
No, mainly 'cause it was a load of old.. well.........er...... :sick:

CJ
8th-November-2004, 12:43 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sure CJ would know just what to call it :worthy:

AT the time I was absolutley speechless....oh no! That's made me think of MOUTH WIDE SHUT :eek:

Don't ya just love Regional Variations?

Am SO mortified now!!!!!!!! ZW, I am so sorry!! It was designed to be CLOSE without actually revealing anything!! :blush:

The "foot in mouth" but I don't think everyone can say foot!! :rolleyes:

Although, that said.... :wink:

What's it called when you (eg using a hatchflick) put your partner behind you, then offer 2 hands between your legs and pull through?!?

Well, the poor girl shall remain nameless but she swears her life has never been the same since we didi that move in Edin!!!!!! :eek:

:rofl:

Zebra Woman
9th-November-2004, 08:57 AM
Am SO mortified now!!!!!!!! ZW, I am so sorry!! It was designed to be CLOSE without actually revealing anything!! :blush:

No sweat CJ :hug: Nothing was revealed :innocent: It was a dark night and my eyes were closed very tightly. It was great fun dancing with you, no apology required. :flower:

What's it called when you (eg using a hatchflick) put your partner behind you, then offer 2 hands between your legs and pull through?!?

Well, the poor girl shall remain nameless but she swears her life has never been the same since we didi that move in Edin!!!!!! :eek:

:rofl:
:rofl: No way ? Not with a kilt on? :really:

I made a mistake once with that move ( I love that move but NOT WHEN THE MAN HAS A KILT ON ).

I was behind the man and thought he wanted to pull me through his legs...I waited a bit, then I offered my hands between his legs :really:
But he just turned round and looked at me funny...he didn't intend to do that move at all :blush: :blush:

I learned my lesson - never anticipate.... :tears: