PDA

View Full Version : Declare your interests here

MartinHarper
18th-February-2005, 01:36 AM
I do feel that contributors to this forum should have their self interests in the modern jive business made clear and open, so that the average forum member is aware of any conflict of interest that may be involved, and may underlie any given position on any given subject.

I think this is a great idea. I'll start:
* I have some friends who organise occasional small-scale swing/jive events.
* Err...
* That's it. :)

Who's next?

Gadget
18th-February-2005, 01:39 AM
I have no friends...
err...
that's it :tears:

Andy McGregor
18th-February-2005, 02:25 AM
I run classes in Sussex. I have no interest in running MJ competitions. I don't like smoking in any dance venue. I like competition venues where my friends haven't had their scalps split open by exposed metalwork!!!

under par
18th-February-2005, 02:34 AM
I do not run a bath most days!

I do not run any MJ event nor do I run any competitions.

I willingly supply those that do, with my hard earned cash, IF they provide me with the means to dance the night away, (Sorry Trampy!!!! :rofl: ).

I AM a member of a golf club.
and I own several!!! :whistle:

TheTramp
18th-February-2005, 03:06 AM
I tried running for a bus once. Got there just as the doors were closing, and he wouldn't let me on. Story of my life.

I had a bit of a runny nose in January when I had the flu.

Lou
18th-February-2005, 10:14 AM
My MJ self interest expresses itself as grabbing the best possible partner for the track in question, regardless of anybody else. It's a dog eat dog world out there, you know. ;)

Dreadful Scathe
18th-February-2005, 10:38 AM
I have no friends...
err...
that's it :tears:
Awww Im your friend Gadget. :)

My MJ interests are all sinister and evil in nature but are far too complicated and clandestine to go into here :)

Chicklet
18th-February-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm interested in having the best sticky out skirt at any MJ event I go to.

Gadget
18th-February-2005, 11:38 AM
Awww Im your friend Gadget. :)
:flower:

Bill
18th-February-2005, 02:46 PM

and I'm interested in watching said sticky out skirt spinning round and round :D :na:

DianaS
18th-February-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm only interested in myself don't ya know

bigdjiver
18th-February-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by bradders
I do feel that contributors to this forum should have their self interests in the modern jive business made clear and open, so that the average forum member is aware of any conflict of interest that may be involved, and may underlie any given position on any given subject.

:devil: Bradders: Additional information: N/A :devil:

It is unenforceable. ID's can be forged.

Sometimes your enemies are the only ones that will tell you the truth.

Better matters Ceroc are posted here rather than on the WWW

And we definitely do not want:

:devil: :devil: E.G. This sucks - Ceroc employee ? :devil: :devil:

:devil: :devil: Correction - ex Ceroc employee ? :devil: :devil:

MartinHarper
18th-February-2005, 05:09 PM
It is unenforceable. IDs can be forged.

I'm sure none of the fine folks on this forum with a business interest in modern jive would stoop to such disreputable behaviour.
If they did, they'd be caught eventually, and this would inform any decision on whether to trust them with my money.

Trousers
18th-February-2005, 05:57 PM
and I'm interested in watching said sticky out skirt spinning round and round :D :na:
I'm interested in getting all the best views myself and so will be standing infront of Bill :whistle:

bigdjiver
19th-February-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm sure none of the fine folks on this forum with a business interest in modern jive would stoop to such disreputable behaviour. I do not believe they would either. Neither do I believe that they would post things that they did not believe to serve their business interests. I am in favour of taking every viewpoint on its value, not or where it came from or who posted it.

If they did, they'd be caught eventually, and this would inform any decision on whether to trust them with my money.Not all crooks get caught, and even when they do they have usually spent your money long before.

Gus
19th-February-2005, 01:39 PM
So ... if someone posts praising a venue they should make it clear if they are a teacher or otherwise closely linked ..... if someone critisies an event they should make it clear they have an interest in a competing organisation ..... sounds fair .... take it thei rulke would also apply to Ceroc Evangalists aswell Bradders? :whistle:

philsmove
19th-February-2005, 02:38 PM
So ... if someone posts praising a venue they should make it clear if they are a teacher or otherwise closely linked ..... if someone critisies an event they should make it clear they have an interest in a competing organisation ..... sounds fair .... take it thei rulke would also apply to Ceroc Evangalists aswell Bradders? :whistle:

:yeah:

I think those people with profession interest in MJ should declare this fact in their public profile

bigdjiver
19th-February-2005, 08:07 PM
:yeah:

I think those people with profession interest in MJ should declare this fact in their public profile "Declaring interests" is an endless piece of string. Does someones pension fund have shares in tobacco companies? Night club chains that host events? The assumption is that people posting here are corrupt enough to be influenced by their personal interests, and stupid enough to let that corruption be seen.

Let the arguments stand on their own feet.

drathzel
19th-February-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm interested in dancing, anytime, anywhere!

Tiggerbabe
19th-February-2005, 09:16 PM
Methinks you now have serious competition babes, Sassy 1 was wearing a seriously sticky out skirt last night :D :worthy:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-February-2005, 09:20 PM
Let the arguments stand on their own feet.

I agree. Everyone has a right to bring up any topic of conversation. People should take everything with a pinch of salt wether its on here, on tv or in the newspapers ...everyone has an agenda of some sort, only occasionally is that agenda complete honesty.

philsmove
19th-February-2005, 09:22 PM
"Declaring interests" is an endless piece of string. Does someones pension fund have shares in tobacco companies? ..........

Is this a reference to Andy McGregor by any chance :whistle:

Gadget
19th-February-2005, 10:34 PM
...everyone has an agenda of some sort, only occasionally is that agenda complete honesty.
:confused: will someone tell me what my agenda is meant to be?

:rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-February-2005, 01:43 AM
:confused: will someone tell me what my agenda is meant to be?

:rolleyes:

to bring superior spelling to the world :)

Lindsay
20th-February-2005, 11:13 PM
philsmove... do you want the animated version of our avatar?
When it comes to frogs I have the lot.

Lindsay
20th-February-2005, 11:14 PM
to bring superior spelling to the world :)

as in...

with a pinch of salt wether its on here, on tv or in the newspapers ...

:whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
20th-February-2005, 11:39 PM
as in...

with a pinch of salt wether its on here, on tv or in the newspapers ...

:whistle:

Aha. Well I can support my sarcasm with evidence, my spelling mistakes are few and far between compared to Gadgets, it was meant to be funny, and its not in fact a spelling mistake anyway as I was talking about a castrated ram - look it up ;)

drathzel
20th-February-2005, 11:44 PM
Aha. Well I can support my sarcasm with evidence, my spelling mistakes are few and far between compared to Gadgets, it was meant to be funny, and its not in fact a spelling mistake anyway as I was talking about a castrated ram - look it up ;)

Sarcastic?....you?....NEVER!!! :yum:

Dont worry, he's just spent the last half an hour trying to find a meaning for the word :whistle:

Gadget
21st-February-2005, 12:07 AM
...its not in fact a spelling mistake anyway as I was talking about a castrated ram - look it up ;)
:tears: poor sheepman :tears:

drathzel
21st-February-2005, 12:40 AM
:tears: poor sheepman :tears:

what do you mean poor sheepman... how about poor MRS sheepman :rofl: