PDA

View Full Version : Camber in May

djtrev
17th-February-2005, 03:12 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Camber yet.
Is it too early?
I just want to know who is going.
I cant wait.I have only been on one other weekender- Bisley- and I loved it.
One or two of the comments on here about Camber have somewhat dampened my spirit but hell, I am determined to enjoy it!!!

under par
17th-February-2005, 03:50 PM
Is it too early?
One or two of the comments on here about Camber have somewhat dampened my spirit but hell, I am determined to enjoy it!!!

Mrs Par and I will be there as usual, looking forward to it already as it is my next weekender. :yeah: :cheers:

May camber is always so much more pleasant than the November one as the weather is normally warmer and you don't spend all you time cooped up indoors trying to stay warm.
I dread going in November although once I get there its great, if a little cold.

Bar-b-q s are the order of the day in May and a trip to the beach essential if the sun is out.

Who else is going then??

Then its only a month till Southport too!!! :yeah: :yeah:

TheTramp
17th-February-2005, 04:01 PM
I think I'll be going *hopefully*. If it doesn't clash with my exams. The timetable isn't available yet though, so I don't know :tears:

I actually prefer November Camber myself. Helps to keep the rooms a little cooler for dancing, than the sauna's they can be in May. Although, if it's a rainy November, that's a bit of a downside.

I'm looking forward to it as well. Missed the last Camber in November, because of uni. Which was the first one I'd missed since 1999. Can't wait to see some old friends again!

under par
18th-February-2005, 04:13 AM
I think I'll be going *hopefully*. If it doesn't clash with my exams. The timetable isn't available yet though, so I don't know :tears:

. Can't wait to see some old friends again!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Maybe a dj job there would help pay the bills!!! Where is Franco when you need him. :cheers:

Trish
13th-April-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm going, we've only just got our tickets sorted out! There'll be a gang of us from Peterborough, which will make a nice change. Three of us went in November, and this time there are five of us!

Really looking forward to it, and hopefully I'll meet up with a few more forumites for a dance this time!

Trish

TheTramp
13th-April-2005, 02:16 PM
Looking forward to seeing you there.

Maybe a dj job there would help pay the bills!!! Where is Franco when you need him. :cheers:
I was offered a teaching and DJing slot. Unfortunately, it turned out that I have 2 exams in the week after Camber. So I can't go :tears: And I was really looking forward to it as well...

Guess I'll have to look forward to Southport instead :clap: And Camber in November!! :clap:

stewart38
13th-April-2005, 02:31 PM

Its great and you will enjoy it, well you should !. The odd woodlice or ants you may find in your appartment (if your ever in your appartment) are nice fried :what:

angelique
14th-April-2005, 12:37 AM
Its great and you will enjoy it, well you should !. The odd woodlice or ants you may find in your appartment (if your ever in your appartment) are nice fried :what:

:yeah:
Even better than that was te rusty, dirty needle that was in my bed that got itself embedded into my finger as I pulled back the covers in order to put my own on! :angry:

Tsk Tsk, shame on them!

Still enjoyed my weekend though :D

bobgadjet
15th-April-2005, 12:27 AM
Is it too early?
You've obviously got the enthusiasm, so all you need now..... is the stamina.
The sets go on till 6am, then theres just enough time for breakfast before the first lessons...etc...etc....etc.

I remember well trying to concentrate while dancing with Lory on the Sunday afternoon (only had a few hours sleep since friday by then), and we BOTh gave up and went to our rooms.
We were both back there within an hour, probably afraid we might miss something.

I thought it was BRILLIANT, but it took me about a week to get over it.

Hope Janet & I can go this May.

Sheepman
15th-April-2005, 12:38 PM
rusty, dirty needle that was in my bed that got itself embedded into my finger as I pulled back the covers in order to put my own on! :eek: I presume you mean the sewing kind of needle, and I hope you made vociferous complaints.

I've never had any real problems with the apartments at Camber, though cleanliness could sometimes be better, and if I've had any minor problems I've found the staff helpful and efficient.

I'm busy lining up some smooth and sexy tracks, I hope I get the chance to play them!

Greg

djtrev
15th-April-2005, 05:29 PM
Quote from Greg
I'm busy lining up some smooth and sexy tracks, I hope I get the chance to play them!

I would be interested to know how you approach this kind of gig.
Do you work from a playlist,play it by ear,have a list of tracks that you want to play but not in any order or just play tracks from your normal sets but with some new stuff thrown in that you have specifically picked out just for Camber?

TheTramp
15th-April-2005, 05:56 PM
I usually just turn up at the DJ box with all the tracks that I usually carry, and start thinking about what I'm going to play then....

Not had any complaints so far :whistle:

Zebra Woman
21st-April-2005, 06:13 PM
Quote from Greg

I would be interested to know how you approach this kind of gig.
Do you work from a playlist,play it by ear,have a list of tracks that you want to play but not in any order or just play tracks from your normal sets but with some new stuff thrown in that you have specifically picked out just for Camber?

Oh Good loking forward to hearing your set Greg ...that's the best bit about weekenders, we get to hear lots of special and new tracks that are not normally played.

Quite a few times my friends and I have requested something on a freestyle night and the DJ has said , yeah that track is OK on a weekender but not here now. :sad: (examples: Fire, Tango In Harlem, Santa Maria, Whatever Lola Wants, Staring Down The Bird) This was three years ago mind. Those tracks seem to filter through to freetyle nights months/years later.

Some just never make it.....Quite often those are the tracks I appreciate the most. :clap:

Oh yes.... I'm coming to Camber :clap: and sharing with Lory :hug: :cheers:

So see you all there, I promise to be stripey on at least one night.

ZW :flower:

Is anyone driving down the M1 to Camber on Friday? Have you space for a stripey one and stripey things in your car? Will share costs.

If yes please PM me ....

Minnie M
24th-April-2005, 12:47 AM
So far (on this thread)

Minnie M
Lory
Trampy
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
bobgadjet + Janet (hopefully)
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees (John is DJing :clap: )
(in fact with Trampy & Sheepman DJing too - the music will be :worthy: fab :worthy: fab)

OK who else is going ?

Dan Hudson
24th-April-2005, 08:46 AM
Me and the wife
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby

:cheers:

Minnie M
24th-April-2005, 02:18 PM
Anyone game for organising a BBQ ?

We could pool our resources etc :flower:

Danielle
24th-April-2005, 09:50 PM
Nice meeting you today...... we are planning a beach BBQ for the Sat night - everyone welcome (well as long as you bring alcohol!!!!). Hope to see you there :hug:

Minnie M
24th-April-2005, 09:56 PM
Nice meeting you today...... we are planning a beach BBQ for the Sat night - everyone welcome (well as long as you bring alcohol!!!!). Hope to see you there :hug:

Nice meeting you too Danielle - thanks for the invite,sounds great - no probs bringing booze, what about the food, do you want a money or food contribution

Danielle
24th-April-2005, 10:03 PM
well we are going to bring a load of disposable BBQ's and various nibbles and booze aswell, so just bring whatever you fancy eating, hopefully everyone else will do the same and we'll have a feast :clap: :cheers:

Yogi_Bear
24th-April-2005, 11:12 PM
So far (on this thread)

Minnie M
Lory
Trampy
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees (John is DJing :clap: )
(in fact with Trampy & Sheepman DJing too - the music will be :worthy: fab :worthy: fab)
OK who else is going ?Yogi Bear

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 09:25 AM
update :-

Minnie M
Lory
Trampy
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear

OK who else is going (or have I missed anyone)

Yogi_Bear
25th-April-2005, 09:31 AM
update :-

Minnie M
Lory
Trampy
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear

OK who else is going (or have I missed anyone)Wouter

Danger Mouse
25th-April-2005, 12:59 PM
hey! I'm going. My third time at Camber, hope the weather is good.

Mie
25th-April-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm going too... I'll be my first Camber experience. Can't wait!

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 01:15 PM
Another update :-

Minnie M
Lory
Trampy
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear
Mie
Wouter
Silver Fox
Danger Mouse

There must be more forumites - what about Marc & Rachel ???

TheTramp
25th-April-2005, 01:22 PM
Another update :-

Trampy

Afraid not :( Have a look back to post 6 in this thread...

I was offered a teaching and DJing slot. Unfortunately, it turned out that I have 2 exams in the week after Camber. So I can't go And I was really looking forward to it as well...

I can't make it :( Damn exams!! There's a 6 week time slot available, and I only have 3 exams. And two of them are in the week after Camber. How mean is that?? :tears:

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 01:24 PM
Afraid not :( Have a look back to post 6 in this thread...

I can't make it :( Damn exams!! There's a 6 week time slot available, and I only have 3 exams. And two of them are in the week after Camber. How mean is that?? :tears:

NOOOOOOOO............ can't be :tears: - it really wont be the same without you :sad: :tears:

Almost an Angel
25th-April-2005, 02:35 PM
Hi Minnie,

I'll be there, after missing last year I'm really looking forward to this year.

Sheepy has been promising me some very smooth and sexy blues tracks, :clap:

Any one for sleazy blues???? :devil: :wink:

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 02:41 PM
I'll be there...............
great :flower:
latest update :-

Minnie M
Lory
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear
Mie
Wouter
Silver Fox
Almost an Angel

Danger Mouse
25th-April-2005, 03:07 PM
great :flower:
latest update :-

etc...
etc...
Wouter
Silver Fox
Almost an Angel

You've removed me from the list :tears:

do you know something I don't.......... :confused:

scary........

Hey us mice should stick together :rolleyes:

Minnie M
25th-April-2005, 03:47 PM
You've removed me from the list :tears:

do you know something I don't.......... :confused:

scary........

Hey us mice should stick together :rolleyes:

Oh dear :blush: really really sorry, must have deleted you when I took Trampy off - and yes you ARE right - I love mices to pieces, please forgive me :sad:

Danger Mouse :hug:
Minnie M
Lory
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear
Mie
Wouter
Silver Fox
Almost an Angel

djtrev
25th-April-2005, 06:40 PM
Can I bring the rest of my party to your BBQ.
There are 16 others coming with me.

David Bailey
25th-April-2005, 07:09 PM
Please don't list them all, the thread is long enough already... :whistle:

Swinging bee
25th-April-2005, 07:23 PM
Once again we are camberlastminute.com.
We have 2 ladies who want to share a chalet at Camber in May. One is looking for a lift from Brighton. Is there anyone who can help out?
If so, please contact Tracy who is trying to organise a lift for Elizabeth asap as Franco is holding a chalet for them & needs to know if it is required as soon as possible.
If you can help, please ring Tracy on 020 8295 1621

Danger Mouse
26th-April-2005, 10:08 AM
I love mices to pieces, please forgive me :sad:

I’ll forgive you, well you are a distant relative :wink:

But only if I get a dance

Minnie M
26th-April-2005, 10:19 AM
I’ll forgive you, well you are a distant relative :wink:

But only if I get a dance

Oh yes............. definitely - look forward to it :hug:

Mie
26th-April-2005, 11:21 AM

The more the merrier, I say. :D

Danielle
26th-April-2005, 12:39 PM
The more the merrier, I say. :D

Definately........bring as many people as you like.........if its popular we are thinking of doing something similar for Southport - any takers????

Rhythm King
26th-April-2005, 12:55 PM
Definately........bring as many people as you like.........if its popular we are thinking of doing something similar for Southport - any takers????

Definitely - I owe you a meal! :whistle:

R-K :flower:

(And I have the raw data CD-ROM for you, too :nice: )

Northants Girly
26th-April-2005, 12:59 PM
You can add me to your list now too Minnie M :D

Can't wait . . . . Yippee! :clap:

Minnie M
26th-April-2005, 01:03 PM
You can add me to your list now too Minnie M :D

Can't wait . . . . Yippee! :clap:

Fantastic :clap: :clap: will do another update shortly

Are you coming R-K ? (do hope so) :flower:

angelique
26th-April-2005, 11:30 PM
Well I have to share this with you all,
it's official,
it's real and.....
it's happening.

I'M EXCITED!!!

How do I know??

Trudged into town yesterday with the effects of a tummy bug making me feel awful but I had the shopping to do. You know the sort of thing, tea, coffee, loo rolls, biscuits for packed lunches blah blah blah when I saw IT!!

Just the RIGHT top to dance in at Camber. Despite telling myself No, No, don't need it, can't afford it and all the silly, ritualistic mind games we play with ourselves before we finally convince ourselves we DO need it , it IS worth it, it won't matter cos I'll just do an extra shift blah blah before we whisk it to the counter.

Then I spotted "just the right pair of trousers" and "just the right pair of track pants" and then "just the right pair of boots" to travel down in along with some new undies and new PJ'S in case breakfast is with extra friends etc etc :rofl:

One hour later and no groceries in sight and I was hit by the AWFUL truth that its NEARLY TIME TO GO TO CAMBER!!!!!! :cheers: :clap:

Don't tell me I'm the only one?????? :really:

Finally got to Sainsbury's and completed the grocery run but began to plan the menu and food requirements for Camber as was going round... :whistle:

Is there any point in asking for help or shall I just give in gracefully and get whipped up into a frenzy?? :wink:

Trish
27th-April-2005, 11:36 AM
Well I have to share this with you all,
it's official,
it's real and.....
it's happening.

I'M EXCITED!!!

blah blah blah... shopping

Is there any point in asking for help or shall I just give in gracefully and get whipped up into a frenzy?? :wink:

No, no point in being calm - I am also really excited! I dug out Lory's list from November today, and am already planning things. I'm also going shopping with a friend who is coming to her first Camber, so I'm sure so end up buying loads of new stuff that I can't afford! Can't wait!!! :clap: :cheers:

Danielle
27th-April-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm far too excited too........just ordered yet other pair of dance shoes, convincing myself they were absolutely essential for Camber - sadly they are red so will have to pop in town later to find an outfit to match :D

Mie
27th-April-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm far too excited too........just ordered yet other pair of dance shoes, convincing myself they were absolutely essential for Camber - sadly they are red so will have to pop in town later to find an outfit to match :D

Isn't that a real shame.... :D

Boozy Bird
27th-April-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi Minnie

I am coming to Camber this year and sharing with Mr and Mrs Par so add me to the list!

See you soon

Helen x

Minnie M
27th-April-2005, 02:56 PM
New update as follows :=

Danger Mouse
Minnie M
Lory
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear
Mie
Wouter
Silver Fox
Almost an Angel
Northants Girly
Boozy Bird

How we doing - any left off ?

Wow it's getting so exciting only just over a week to go now :clap: :clap:

Rhythm King
27th-April-2005, 03:24 PM
Fantastic :clap: :clap: will do another update shortly

Are you coming R-K ? (do hope so) :flower:

I'm afraid not, Minnie, I'm going on the Jive & Dive holiday to Majorca, which starts that weekend. But you know where Jango is now, and there's always Southport, so will catch up for a dance soon

R-K :hug:

Minnie M
27th-April-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm afraid not, Minnie, I'm going on the Jive & Dive holiday to Majorca, which starts that weekend. But you know where Jango is now, and there's always Southport, so will catch up for a dance soon

R-K :hug:

Can't afford Southport - I have to think of the journey cost as well as the accomodation - still looking for work :tears:

Going to miss you at Camber, but will try and get to Jango's on Monday (look forward to that dance please)

angelique
27th-April-2005, 05:59 PM
Can I ask a question that may have already been discussed to death but have missed???

Are all the Forumites planning a get together somewhere at any particular time at a particular point??

Know a few faces and look forward to meeting some new ones :clap:

"A stranger is a friend you haven't made yet" :hug:

Will be able to recognise the red shoes if worn bya lady in a new red outfit now though!! :whistle: :wink:

Dance Demon
27th-April-2005, 06:16 PM
Can't afford Southport -

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Lory
27th-April-2005, 06:42 PM
Are all the Forumites planning a get together somewhere at any particular time at a particular point??

Yes, round your chalet 10-30 Sat!! You did say you'd been shopping for all the essentials, didn't you? :wink: :whistle:

angelique
27th-April-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes, round your chalet 10-30 Sat!! You did say you'd been shopping for all the essentials, didn't you? :wink: :whistle:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yippeeeeeeeeeee, chance to show off new jim-jams, pink fluffy mules and whip up a few croissants andsqueeze some fresh oranges for those who want!! :what:

:rofl: :rofl: :cheers:
P.S is that a.m or p.m?

Clive Long
27th-April-2005, 11:12 PM
To share with two girlies and two chappies

£93 for the weekend I believe

(I'm passing this message on for someone)

Clive

Mr Fitz
27th-April-2005, 11:25 PM
How we doing - any left off ?

Moi :D

Lory
27th-April-2005, 11:43 PM
:yeah: :clap: :yum: :drool: :hug:

Lory
27th-April-2005, 11:46 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yippeeeeeeeeeee, chance to show off new jim-jams, pink fluffy mules and whip up a few croissants andsqueeze some fresh oranges for those who want!! :what:

:rofl: :rofl: :cheers:
P.S is that a.m or p.m?
A.M.! Just heard that Seamus, Julian and gang are coming too, :clap: I hope you've bought enough? :wink:

Minnie M
28th-April-2005, 09:39 AM

:clap: :clap:
Have to do another update tomorrow - fantastic, Mr.Fitz AND Seamus as well - I am going to die and go to Dancing Heaven :drool:

bobgadjet
28th-April-2005, 01:54 PM
A.M.! Just heard that Seamus, Julian and gang are coming too, :clap: I hope you've bought enough? :wink:
:eek:
10.30 a.m.
Might be in MY jimjams also :whistle:

Must work on that one :whistle:

Breakfast....HHHmmmmmmm
BBQ Bacon.....MMMMmmmmmmmm
BBQ Sausages .... MMMMMmmmmmmmm
Hash browns ....MMMMMmmmmmmmmm

Wow, is it THAT time already :what: Thought I felt a bit peckish.

SimonSays
30th-April-2005, 04:15 PM

Hello Miss Danielle!

I hope you are not going to miss the Sat night gala / cabaret show with your bbq timings.. are you planning to have an early bbq to make the evening show? Would love to join you, but I have have some official duties for the evening session so cant do a late bbq..

Any concrete plans time-wise yet?
Aussie Simon

Danielle
30th-April-2005, 05:55 PM
Hello Miss Danielle!

I hope you are not going to miss the Sat night gala / cabaret show with your bbq timings.. are you planning to have an early bbq to make the evening show? Would love to join you, but I have have some official duties for the evening session so cant do a late bbq..

Any concrete plans time-wise yet?
Aussie Simon

Hey you,

Funnily enough we were talking about this in the pub after Fulham (where were you???) We though we'd head to the beach for about 6ish and stay till about 9.30-10 so people can come and go as they like and should give everyone enough time to go home and change b4 the gala!! Can't wait am so excited now :clap: :clap:
See you there on Friday :hug:

Howard
30th-April-2005, 11:01 PM
Danielle

I can't believe you are still trying to persuade people to come to your BBQ instead of our Blues class :sad: :( :tears:

Howard
30th-April-2005, 11:08 PM
Ps

Which incidently is between 9 and 10.30 in the lower venue. Hop to see you all there. :cool: :waycool:

Danielle
30th-April-2005, 11:38 PM
Danielle

I can't believe you are still trying to persuade people to come to your BBQ instead of our Blues class :sad: :( :tears:

i wouldn't do that, they can come to our BBQ as well as your blues class - i'm planning to come to your blues class!!!
Maybe a bit sandy though :blush:
I hope you and Nicky are planning to come to our BBQ too :cheers: :clap:
(I find a cold beer or 5 always helps my blues dancing :wink: )

Northants Girly
1st-May-2005, 10:45 PM
I have another one for your list Minnie M . . . . .

the lovely DianaS :clap: :clap:

and she's gonna be sharing a chalet with me! :D

Minnie M
1st-May-2005, 10:56 PM
I have another one for your list Minnie M . . . . .

the lovely DianaS :clap: :clap:

and she's gonna be sharing a chalet with me! :D

:clap: :clap:
Met GoJive the weekend. who is also coming - so will do another udate shortly

FIVE DAYS TO GO ........................

jivecat
2nd-May-2005, 04:08 PM
Lory, any chance of a link to your invaluable list? All I can remember is that it had chocolate biscuits and cocoa on it. I can't help thinking that I might need a few other things as well.

I'm going to start packing today. Not that I'm excited about it or anything.....

DavidY
2nd-May-2005, 04:15 PM
Lory, any chance of a link to your invaluable list? All I can remember is that it had chocolate biscuits and cocoa on it. I can't help thinking that I might need a few other things as well.

I'm going to start packing today. Not that I'm excited about it or anything.....Lory (or MartinH :wink: ) may beat me to it - but how about this? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60408#post60408)

Minnie M
2nd-May-2005, 04:24 PM
Update time :

Danger Mouse
Minnie M
Lory
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear
Mie
Wouter
Silver Fox
Almost an Angel
Northants Girly
Boozy Bird
DianaS
GoJive
DavidY
jivecat
SimonSays
Howard Temple

DavidY
2nd-May-2005, 04:29 PM
Update time :

DavidYSorry Minnie but I won't be there this time :tears: . I was just posting the link to try to help jivecat with her packing.

Minnie M
2nd-May-2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry Minnie but I won't be there this time :tears: . I was just posting the link to try to help jivecat with her packing.
woops - sorry - was hoping you could make it :tears:

Danger Mouse
Minnie M
Lory
Zebra Woman
Trish
djtrev
under par + Mrs
stewart38
angelique
The Sheepman + Mrs
The Swinging Bees
Danielle
Tazmainian Devil
the wacko
Russell Saxby
Dan Hudson + Mrs
Yogi Bear
Mie
Wouter
Silver Fox
Almost an Angel
Northants Girly
Boozy Bird
DianaS
GoJive
jivecat
SimonSays
Howard Temple

Clive Long
2nd-May-2005, 05:47 PM
Well placed sources have it that a person looking vaguely like Clive Long will be in the vicinity of Camber next weekend. DO NOT let him on the dance-floor and protect your eyes if this imposter is wearing any lycra. The plastic surgery has been performed off-shore but can be detected by the faint wiff of sea-weed.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

:devil: :whistle:

Danielle
3rd-May-2005, 12:12 AM
He's not a forumite but i found out yesterday that Elliot will be coming to Camber too - he's a very, very lovely dancer - am even more excited now :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 12:52 AM
Update time :

bobgadjet + Janet (DEFINATELY)

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 12:58 AM
So, it's 10.30 a.m. at Angeliques,:clap:
but what about directions ?:what:
or do we just follow the feint odour of the BBQ :whistle:

AND

Who's organising the nname badges :blush:. I might forget who I am :rolleyes:

Minnie M
3rd-May-2005, 01:39 AM
So, it's 10.30 a.m. at Angeliques,:clap:
but what about directions ?:what:
or do we just follow the feint odour of the BBQ ........
:confused:
I thought the Barbie was at 6pm Saturday on the beach :whistle:

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 07:02 AM
:confused:
I thought the Barbie was at 6pm Saturday on the beach :whistle:
All I could find was the above :confused:

Minnie M
3rd-May-2005, 09:33 AM
See above (this page) :-

.........We thought we'd head to the beach for about 6ish and stay till about 9.30-10 so people can come and go as they like and should give everyone enough time to go home and change b4 the gala!!......

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 09:51 AM
See above (this page) :-
AAHHHHH

Now I see, so we just look for the Gazebo ...... and the smoke :wink:

Ta :hug::kiss:

stewart38
3rd-May-2005, 09:55 AM
Surely if you have booked accommodation you should be able to park on site

One car allocated to each apartment ? or if more then 3-4 sharing 2 cars ?

recent e-mail suggest--------

To all those attending please note that booking patterns have changed considerably from last year with more single and couple bookings than ever before. In view of this I have concerns about parking at Camber as the Centre will not be able to provide unlimited parking space. I strongly advise car sharing when travelling to Camber. Car sharing is also a cheaper and more social way to travel. Pontin's will stop cars coming in once its parking facilities are full, it will then be up to you to find alternative parking outside the Centre. Badly parked cars, in/out of the Centre may be clamped, ticketed or removed altogether.

--------------

anyway im doing my bit two apartments one car !

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 10:01 AM

You sure are:cheers:

What annoyed me more than anything 2 years ago (my first visit:clap: ) was the badly parked cars.

Some folks can be SO inconsiderate:angry:.

jivecat
3rd-May-2005, 11:13 AM

recent e-mail suggest--------

To all those attending please note that booking patterns have changed considerably from last year with more single and couple bookings than ever before. In view of this I have concerns about parking at Camber as the Centre will not be able to provide unlimited parking space. I strongly advise car sharing when travelling to Camber. Car sharing is also a cheaper and more social way to travel. Pontin's will stop cars coming in once its parking facilities are full, it will then be up to you to find alternative parking outside the Centre. Badly parked cars, in/out of the Centre may be clamped, ticketed or removed altogether.

--------------

I'm a bit worried about this. I have to drive on my own as the others in my party are going down on Friday morning and I can't because I'm a teacher. Last time I didn't get there till midnight and was lucky to get through the gates at all. I was planning to leave home around 7ish to avoid the M25 jams but the last thing I'm going to need when I arrive is parking hassle. Are there many places to park outside the site?

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm a bit worried about this. I have to drive on my own as the others in my party are going down on Friday morning and I can't because I'm a teacher. Last time I didn't get there till midnight and was lucky to get through the gates at all. I was planning to leave home around 7ish to avoid the M25 jams but the last thing I'm going to need when I arrive is parking hassle. Are there many places to park outside the site?

Just found this rather amusing little note on the web. Might help you to leave, and maybe put up with the traffic. Ever thought of NOT using the M25 Car Park ?

The mission getting there was more challenging than normal with the ‘company car’ getting a little hot under the bonnet, and requiring fresh top-ups of water every half hour! Nevertheless we arrived a little late, steamy and irate around 11pm on the Friday night only to find we weren’t allowed to drive on to the site due to the limited parking restrictions! Argh! Instead we had to park up ironically outside the local church (right next door) and lug all our raving gear including our office ‘sound system’ down to the main reception to check in and then typically to the other end of the complex to find our chalet. The moral to this winge is this: Get a decent motor. Arrive bloody early for the next UK Weekender!

Good luck & see you at the BBQ no doubt, (unless you are still looking for a parking place :rofl:

jivecat
3rd-May-2005, 12:06 PM
Just found this rather amusing little note on the web. Might help you to leave, and maybe put up with the traffic. Ever thought of NOT using the M25 Car Park ?

The mission getting there was more challenging than normal with the ‘company car’ getting a little hot under the bonnet, and requiring fresh top-ups of water every half hour! Nevertheless we arrived a little late, steamy and irate around 11pm on the Friday night only to find we weren’t allowed to drive on to the site due to the limited parking restrictions! Argh! Instead we had to park up ironically outside the local church (right next door) and lug all our raving gear including our office ‘sound system’ down to the main reception to check in and then typically to the other end of the complex to find our chalet. The moral to this winge is this: Get a decent motor. Arrive bloody early for the next UK Weekender!

Good luck & see you at the BBQ no doubt, (unless you are still looking for a parking place :rofl:

Oh dear me, yes! Rings a few bells. Perhaps I'll high-tail it out of the school gates at 3:30 instead, like teachers are generally considered to do, and chance it on the roads. Should get to the M25 around 6ish..... Is there an alternative??

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh dear me, yes! Rings a few bells. Perhaps I'll high-tail it out of the school gates at 3:30 instead, like teachers are generally considered to do, and chance it on the roads. Should get to the M25 around 6ish..... Is there an alternative??
Go to

http://www.uk.map24.com/

There you can put in your start/finish, and "avoid motorways" and it will sort you aroute depending on Scenery, quick, short, etc

Good luck

Bob

stewart38
3rd-May-2005, 01:06 PM

Yes ill drive in a coach or tank and take up 4 car parking spaces , let you have one when you get there. :innocent:

me thinks a lot of people will be arriving early now, im changing my plans

spindr
3rd-May-2005, 01:17 PM
See you all on Friday -- there's a gang of ~15 of us wandering down from Newbury.

Are there any forum badges / designated seating :)

SpinDr.

Zebra Woman
3rd-May-2005, 01:27 PM
See you all on Friday -- there's a gang of ~15 of us wandering down from Newbury.

Are there any forum badges / designated seating :)

SpinDr.

Excellent news Neil :clap:

I have noticed a lot of Forumites seem to have a natural affiliation for the right of the stage at Camber (as you look at it). This rule seems to work in the blues room as well as the main jive Hall. Well that's where I'm putting all my zebra stuff. I now have a small plastic zebra which I will put on a table next to my drink. I will be mostly in the blues room...

If anyone has a space for a zebra in their car I would be most grateful for a lift down to Camber. I have sprained my ankle/fetlock so I'm resting it from now and would prefer not to drive. I am happy to navigate, provide picnic, tell amusing stories to help keep you awake and of course share fuel costs.

See you all there :clap:

Alison :flower:

Minnie M
3rd-May-2005, 01:44 PM
:yeah: :cheers: :hug: :clap:
It gets better and better

DianaS
3rd-May-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm coming too!!!!
Just booked and will be staying with Northants Girle
CU all there!"!!!!
D

Northants Girly
3rd-May-2005, 03:15 PM
Bugger! I've just found out that our chalet has a bath and not a shower :sad:

Can anyone remember what the bath taps are like at Camber? I mean are they mixer taps or are they the sort you can push shampoo spray things onto? :confused:

Dan Hudson
3rd-May-2005, 03:20 PM
I had the same last year..... take the shower head thingy with you as they do not have them on site...

you know the thing that looks like a stethoscope for taps!!! :rofl:

hope this helps :flower:

Dan

Northants Girly
3rd-May-2005, 03:21 PM
I had the same last year..... take the shower head thingy with you as they do not have them on site...

hope this helps :flower:

DanThanks Dan :D

stewart38
3rd-May-2005, 03:53 PM

Dan

yes forgot about this its a must !

Minnie M
4th-May-2005, 05:55 PM
Any tickets for sale ???

It's for a fellow forumite jockey aka Jack (his computer is down, that's why I am posting this) - PM me and I will give you his mobile number

Thanks

MM :flower:

Lory
4th-May-2005, 07:12 PM
Packing has commenced! :D

and I've added 'ice cube bags' and a lime to my list! (a little tip but keep it quiet, :wink: I usually 'borrow' a couple of large glasses from from the venue, as, with the cups, they only provide 'silly sized' one's in the chalets)

I'm getting excited now!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jivecat
4th-May-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm going to take black-out curtains of some sort as it'll be getting light at 5 and those pathetic little cotton things they have won't keep out the sunlight, just as I'm trying to sleep. Especially bad if you get an East-facing room.

Gojive
4th-May-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm going to take black-out curtains of some sort as it'll be getting light at 5

I hope to still be dancing at 5! :waycool: (Mind you, I am a little older than I was last year :yum:

Looking forward to meeting a few of you that I haven't met before, plus many of the more familiar faces too :cheers:

Minnie M
4th-May-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm going to take black-out curtains of some sort as it'll be getting light at 5 ..........
:confused: Yep I hope to be dancing till 5am :clap:

(see you in the Swing/Blues room GoJive :clap: )

Lory
4th-May-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm going to take black-out curtains of some sort as it'll be getting light at 5 and those pathetic little cotton things they have won't keep out the sunlight, just as I'm trying to sleep. Especially bad if you get an East-facing room.
You just reminded me, it wasn't the light that kept me awake at 6am, it was those pesky seaguls! :angry:

List amendment... blindfold and earplugs! :cool:

bobgadjet
5th-May-2005, 11:38 AM
:confused: Yep I hope to be dancing till 5am :clap:

(see you in the Swing/Blues room GoJive :clap: )
OH :eek:
So you will be leaving early then ? :D

Hope not :flower:

bobgadjet
5th-May-2005, 11:53 AM
Any tickets for sale ???

It's for a fellow forumite jockey aka Jack (his computer is down, that's why I am posting this) - PM me and I will give you his mobile number

Thanks

MM :flower:
What about a list update then ?
:flower:

Drats, gone over my 1,000 and missed the key one :sad:

Sheepman
5th-May-2005, 01:19 PM
Any tickets for sale ??? I also have someone who is looking for a space, a friend of a friend, so I don't know him, can't recommend him, or dis him, but if anyone is looking for a man, pm me.

Lynda, I can confirm Mrs Sheepie won't be there, she's doing Girlie stuff all w/e :sick:

Greg

bobgadjet
5th-May-2005, 01:24 PM
I also have someone who is looking for a space, a friend of a friend, so I don't know him, can't recommend him, or dis him, but if anyone is looking for a man, pm me.

Lynda, I can confirm Mrs Sheepie won't be there, she's doing Girlie stuff all w/e :sick:

Greg
Last night Dale said he would love to be there, but with the Champs, he left it too late.

Can anybody put him up I wonder. What a talent that would be on the dancefloor :yeah:

DavidB
5th-May-2005, 02:12 PM
After the champs, I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing May.
No Camber, no Southport, no weekenders - just weekends. A nice comfortable bed, a shower that works and doesn't require queueing, carpet on the floor, space to cook, and about 25 hours I don't have to spend driving a car.

Dancer Dave!
5th-May-2005, 02:48 PM
WIN a free drink !

to qualify - just refer an unfortunate soul who has a ticket for Fridays Camber but can't make it, to me ... Dave .. on 0********* (Number removed - Please Private Messages) ...

a million thank you's :o)

David.

Sheepman
5th-May-2005, 03:14 PM
After the champs, I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing May.
Hey David, it sounds like the champs must have been really stressfull for you. :wink:
Have a relaxing time, I hope the fridge is well stocked!

Greg

stewart38
5th-May-2005, 07:25 PM
WIN a free drink !

to qualify - just refer an unfortunate soul who has a ticket for Fridays Camber but can't make it, to me ..

a million thank you's :o)

David.

I had to read that 3 times I think he wants a ticket, my friend wants a ticket as well. Might was start a black market

angelique
6th-May-2005, 12:10 AM
Am now officially packed and raring to go.
Sitting here, dreading going to bed as don't think will get much sleep....wonder why??? Something to do with being a ikkle bit excited per chance?

Ticket
Fluffy mules
Bikini
Coat
Bucket and spade
Lip Gloss
Champagne
Bag of oranges to squeeze for breakfast

Everything's covered isn't it? :rofl:

Safe journey to everybody travelling and looking forward to a fan...bloody...tastic weekend :cheers: :clap: :kiss:

Gojive
6th-May-2005, 12:31 AM
Everything's covered isn't it?

Depends on the size of the bikini! :whistle:

I look forward to meeting you Angelique (if I haven't already!) :)

angelique
6th-May-2005, 01:15 AM
Depends on the size of the bikini! :whistle:

I look forward to meeting you Angelique (if I haven't already!) :)

Likewise Gojive :hug:
Lets just say its big enough! :rofl: :rofl:

Danger Mouse
6th-May-2005, 07:54 AM
Ticket
Fluffy mules
Bikini
Coat
Bucket and spade
Lip Gloss
Champagne
Bag of oranges to squeeze for breakfast

Everything's covered isn't it? :rofl:

My essential items in no particular order:

Loo roll
Dance sneakers
Tickets
Backgammon Set
Garlic Press
Girlfriend

see you all there :waycool: :waycool:

stewart38
6th-May-2005, 10:43 AM
Am now officially packed and raring to go.
Sitting here, dreading going to bed as don't think will get much sleep....wonder why??? Something to do with being a ikkle bit excited per chance?

Know what you mean. However election now over for 4yrs so guess Camber is all that is left :sad:

Sheepman
6th-May-2005, 11:27 AM
Backgammon Set
Girlfriend Have you been before? Where on earth do you think you're going to find time to use those 2? :wink:

Or is it because you're going to be using this one? -

Garlic Press
Don't forget the corkscrews!

Greg

djtrev
9th-May-2005, 01:04 PM
Just arrived home.
It certainly was a fan....bloody....tastic weekend.

Catch up with you all later;must get some sleep.

Minnie M
9th-May-2005, 01:49 PM
Just arrived home.

Me too
- will post about the weekend later - and what a great dancer you djtrev :worthy: - really nice meeting you

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - will post later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Danielle
9th-May-2005, 01:57 PM
What a fantastic weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:

Was lovely to meet all of you, thank you for coming to our BBQ despite the cold.
Greg - what brilliant music Sat and Sun - loved it!!
And everyone who i had amazing dances with in the early hours of this morning! Wow!
And a special thanks to Vicktor for such a fantastic lesson :worthy:
Am looking foward to seeing you all in Southport

love and hugs Danielle :hug: :kiss: :hug:

under par
9th-May-2005, 02:17 PM
Just arrived home.

Mrs Par and I just got back,

Thankyou to all you lovely foumites for the most fantastic weekend of dancing.

Sheepy what can I say ..................awesome sets both nights :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Jive addiction would do well to employ your services in the Blues room at Southport :yeah: :yeah: I for one will be informing Jon and Wes of your acumen for blues sets.

A great weekend with some wonderful dances. Danielle the BarBq was a great "warm up" (not really in that wind) to Saturday night dancing ,see some you at southport.

going to bed now as I am working tonight.

Lory
9th-May-2005, 02:36 PM
Sheepy what can I say ..................awesome sets both nights :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Just got in, I'm totally shattered but still on a high, what a weekend! :cheers:

I need to go to bed for a few hours now, as my body has taken a severe 'cambering' this weekend! :wink:

I'll write more later but for now, all I can say is, Sheepy, you were my hero this weekend! :waycool: :worthy:

P.s. Alison (ZW) thanks for being such a great chalet mate! :hug:

pps. Its great to be a forumite! :cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Mie
9th-May-2005, 03:00 PM
What a fantastic weekend :clap: :clap: :clap:

Was lovely to meet all of you, thank you for coming to our BBQ despite the cold.
Greg - what brilliant music Sat and Sun - loved it!!
And everyone who i had amazing dances with in the early hours of this morning! Wow!
And a special thanks to Vicktor for such a fantastic lesson :worthy:
Am looking foward to seeing you all in Southport

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :flower:

And... a special thanx to Minnie who kindly helped me identify my fellow forumites. :hug:

Off to bed now with sweet dreams of the amazing dances I was lucky enough to be part of... :worthy:

Sparkles
9th-May-2005, 04:27 PM
What's all this about sleep?!
Us poor non-Camberers :tears: who are very upset to have missed out :tears: :tears: want to hear more of how it was...

...I'm so excited about Southport now - and will be even more so if Mr Sheepman is DJing in the Blues room :drool: :clap: :worthy:

I hope you all wake up soon to deliver a full report :flower:

S. x

bobgadjet
9th-May-2005, 06:02 PM
What's all this about sleep?!

I hope you all wake up soon to deliver a full report :flower:

S. x
Well, I'm up now, so what can I say about the w/e then.................
WOW

Highlights............
Showcase - Adam & Taz :clap:
Lessons - Nigel & Nina - everything :clap:
Music - Sheepman & Swinging Bee :worthy: (I feel rep coming on)
Scenery - A day walking round Rye :waycool:
Pleasure - A walk in the sun along that wonderful beach:waycool::waycool:

Lowlights.................
FREE WATER - that was not cold.... not even just tepid..... but HOT :angry:
Making the mistake of trying that so called chicken/burger and chips at 3 in the morning :eek:
Janet having to go home before dancing Sunday night :sad::tears::tears:and more:tears:

Special moments............
How to catch your "pee" in a glass held between your knees .......... and succeeding :rofl: (Photo PLEEEEZE Lory):whistle:
Aussie Si a bit worse for wear trying to hold an almost intelligent conversation :D :cheers: :cheers: and more :cheers:

VERY Special Moments..........
Meeting all you great guys and gals at the BBQ:clap:, and having so many wonderful dances.:drool::flower::worthy::flower:

At one point I thought I had died and gone to WCS heaven. :flower::hug::cheers:

VERY VERY Special moment..........
Sorry :D...... not telling just yet :innocent:

Many thanks :clap::cheers::flower::hug:

Zebra Woman
9th-May-2005, 06:18 PM
I had a fantastic weekend....I have been totally 'Cambered' :really: :eek: :wink: One and a half hours sleep last night! Screen is a bit blurred but I'll do my best.

Thanks to Bobgadjet for the musical extravaganza on the drive down, and saving my sprained ankle from any extra work :worthy: :hug: and to Lory for being such a great cabin-mate :cheers: :hug:. What a lot of fun we had !! :really: :innocent:

Don't know much about the upstairs jive room as I resided mostly in the blues room and although Friday night was a little too uptempo for me, Saturday and Sunday were absolutley top notch. Well done DJ's Bob, Nelson, John and Greg (my favourite this time).

Oh, and I really liked the way Nelson offered us a choice for the very last blues track of the weekend. He said we could have 'slow' or 'really slow'. :worthy: :rofl: ....

My favourite class was Simon Borland's Aussie Jive. Gorgeous moves and all delivered in Simon's uniquelly entertaining way. What a guy ! :cheers: :worthy:

Least favourite class , the tango lesson. :tears: nuff said

Thanks to Danielle and Co. for a great Forumite BBQ. It was so good I didn't want to leave and go dancing :sad: ...(attended by the Jive Aces too. How cool is that? :waycool: )

Thanks to everyone for the lovely dances :cheers: :clap: , especially mynew friends DjTrev and Yogi Bear', and the (non forum ) extra Fox....

I am so looking forward to Southport where our chalets will be close together (well those of us who asked to be put in the Forumite area will be)

See you there

bobgadjet
9th-May-2005, 06:42 PM
I FORGOT ANOTHER THING.....................

VERY memorable moment (for those who were at the Showcase).........

Being introduced to............

THE TAP DANCING MOUSE :rofl::clap::rofl:

Well done Simon for filling in with the most comic moment IMO :worthy:

For those not fortunate enough to be there, I suppose I should explain...........

Aussie Simon was a BRILLIANT M.C. thru the showcase,a nd at one point the CD (for Adam & Taz to take their class thru a show of the previously tought routine) refused to play, and only seemed to jump.
A scond CD did the same thing...... and the DJ (plus as many helpers as who were on stage at the time) were trying to sort it out.

VERY PREGNANT PAUSE............................

Simon, mic in hand, asked if we would like to meet THE TAP DANCING MOUSE.

This was a VERY worthy :worthy: moment as his vocal expertise hummed a tune, as what seemed to be his teeth, were heard to tap dance.

This not only broke the silence, but to me was the....no THE most professional way of overcoming what could have been a disaster. WELL DONE SIMON :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Minnie M
9th-May-2005, 06:43 PM
A couple of hours sleep and I feel fine :clap:

Minnie's Report:
Music amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasing BobGadget, Swinging Bee and all (and to my favourite DJ of the weekend Nelson :worthy:) BUT the hero of the weekend has to be MR.SHEEPMAN :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: every track was worthy worthy worthy - true smooth sexy blues :clap: so you can dance smooth sexy dances with the likes of Mr. Saxby; Mr SilverFox; Mr. Hudson to name a few - I went to bed (eventually) with a big grin on my face :D

My thanks to all you guys for wonderful dances, did not have a baddun all weekend. Lovely seeing (dancing :worthy: with) Djtrev and Mr. Fitz meeting up with DianaS, Mie (wow - what an amazing mover that lady is) Danielle (thanks for the BBQ) etc etc etc

Downside:
There were still of forumites there who I didn't meet :tears:
The forumites who couldn't make it :tears: :tears:
Not having a spare pair of feet to change into at 4am

Thank you Franco and the JiveTime team for a wonderful weekend :clap: :clap:

Danger Mouse
9th-May-2005, 07:41 PM
I FORGOT ANOTHER THING.....................

THE TAP DANCING MOUSE :rofl::clap::rofl:

Well done Simon for filling in with the most comic moment IMO :worthy:

Seconded, a very funny moment.

Great weekend as usual, worth every penny.

Now can any of the DJ's as Camber help me? I'm after the playlists from the 2 lunch time freestyle slots.

Clive Long
9th-May-2005, 07:48 PM
So sorry missed most of you - as my car tried to kill me (twice) - so only four lives left now. The only response was to dance till 4am Sat and Sun.

Great, fun dances with Minnie, Dangerous Curves and Northants Girlie. I think my exhaustion at 2am did affect my dancing :blush: . I am amazed at how much good will and FUN is generated by these events. :D

"Totally Cambered" - I know exactly what you mean.

What a complete calamity was the M25 parking lot on the way home - so sorry for you West Londoners - six hours I have been told.

Clive

Zebra Woman
9th-May-2005, 08:32 PM
Proof that I was totally Cambered when I posted...

I forgot to mention the fabulous Mr. Fitz :waycool: :drool:

Where were you on Sunday night?

Did we scare you off?

:whistle:

Gojive
9th-May-2005, 10:03 PM
Evening all - Gojive checking in after a lovely relaxing wekend in East Sussex :wink:

At last, I got to dance with Lory & Zebra Woman :drool: , who together with Northants Girlie, DianaS, and Minnie, gave me some of the best fun on the dance floor all weekend :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: .

I love dancing with people who really let their hair down, put a wiggle or six in here and there, have a laugh with me, and above all just have a downright fun time - and I can honestly say, you girls certainly are top of the tree! :hug: .

Add to the above, shed loads of great music all night in the blues room - thanks guys :worthy: .

Till next time..... :flower:

jivecat
9th-May-2005, 10:07 PM
I had an absolutely brilliant time with loads of fantastic dances from forumites and many others. I missed out on meeting lots of forumites, wonder if I danced with you without realising? Didn't bust a gut trying to do every workshop in sight, I reckon I was learning far more at 3 am in the Blues room from YOU LOT, anyway. Ta!

Managed to fit in visiting Christopher Lloyd's and Derek Jarman's gardens as well as at least 20 hours of dancing. And made it home in 3 and a quarter hours as the M25 Northbound was miraculously clear.

Can hardly wait till Southport now.

Gojive
9th-May-2005, 10:15 PM
I had an absolutely brilliant time with loads of fantastic dances from forumites and many others. I missed out on meeting lots of forumites, wonder if I danced with you without realising?

I wondered how many forumites I danced with, without knowing it too!. If we did dance JC, I'm sure you were brilliant :D :D

Didn't bust a gut trying to do every workshop in sight, I reckon I was learning far more at 3 am in the Blues room from YOU LOT, anyway. Ta!

Same here :cheers: . I did the 'Tango' , 'Playing Footsie', 'Drops and Seducers', 'Lindy Hop', and 'Body Styling' classes (they ran out of gel/cement on me on that last one though :tears: )

And made it home in 3 and a quarter hours as the M25 Northbound was miraculously clear.

I chose a different option......the wrong one naturally :mad: . I decided to carry on up the M20 to the South Circular - oh dear! :sick:

djtrev
9th-May-2005, 10:22 PM
Hello again.
Have just been woken by my son and told its time for bed.As I am now working for the next four days and nights I thought I had better list a few highs and lows now and perhaps fill in the gaps at the weekend.
HIGHS
...the whole dance experience
...meeting you lovely forumites
...my first blues classes(my special high of the weekend)
...some sensational tracks that I have not heard before-and dont know the names of.
LOWS
...a damp bed(NO, before I got in it)
...missing-forgetting-the BBQ and I was really looking forward to that.
...missing the Jive Aces play Singing in the Rain(I just love that track)
...coming to the realisation that as a DJ and a dancer,I have only just got my foot on the first rung of the ladder.The quality of both the DJ's and dancers at Camber is something I must aspire to.

Sorry but I am still feeling the need for sleep and I have an early morning drive to Sheffield tomorrow.
Thank you everyone,talk to you again later.

Girls-you know who you are-I take back every word I said about cliques.You are all wonderful.

Minnie M
9th-May-2005, 10:46 PM
.../snip from another thread/... Rachel and Marc aren't there this time .........
:tears: :sad: Missed Trampy too :tears:

Girls-you know who you are-I take back every word I said about cliques.

Just read all your post on the link thread :rolleyes: clique :na: we love EVERYONE :clap:

BTW great dance :worthy: thanks :flower: wish I had seen you sooner as I only had the one :sad:

SimonSays
9th-May-2005, 11:13 PM
ISimon, mic in hand, asked if we would like to meet THE TAP DANCING MOUSE.

This was a VERY worthy :worthy: moment as his vocal expertise hummed a tune, as what seemed to be his teeth, were heard to tap dance.

This not only broke the silence, but to me was the....no THE most professional way of overcoming what could have been a disaster. WELL DONE SIMON :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Bob, Oh what fun we had!
My biggest ever MC role was on Saturday night. Over 1500 attendees :-) The Sydney champs and Sydney Ceroc Gala were my previous biggest events.. with maybe 700 people.. so what a treat!

And our friend, the Tap Dancing Mouse... lets just say he was my year 7 school camp talent quest about 20 years ago! He popped back into my mind as the whole room was frozen waiting to see how the CD track could be rescued for the dancers on the floor.. fun!

And speaking of personal records, the Sunday advanced class was also the biggest group I have ever taught in one session - amazing experience! I went as fast as I could - it was advertised as advanced so I aimed at the standard I wanted - well done on all who kept up - I am very impressed :-)

You people REALLY know how to put on a good party!! :clap:

Cheers,

Simon

TheTramp
9th-May-2005, 11:19 PM
:tears: :sad: Missed Trampy too :tears:
:blush: Thanks Minnie... Nice to know that I'm not totally forgotten!!

I pledge to make Camber in November, if that nice Mr. Franco will extend his kind offer from May to then.... :whistle:

bobgadjet
10th-May-2005, 12:07 AM
:blush: Thanks Minnie... Nice to know that I'm not totally forgotten!!

I pledge to make Camber in November, if that nice Mr. Franco will extend his kind offer from May to then.... :whistle:
NAH..... we all missed you really.

How did the studying go then.... let us know what the outcome of missing the weekend did for you please .

bobgadjet
10th-May-2005, 12:10 AM
Thank you everyone,talk to you again later.

Nice to meet you too Mr T.
Sorry I hadc to rush off Satuday night (or was it Sunday morning ?). Wish we could have had a chat on Sunday, but that will have to wait now.

Keep up the good work.

bobgadjet
10th-May-2005, 12:13 AM
Now can any of the DJ's as Camber help me? I'm after the playlists from the 2 lunch time freestyle slots.
Don't tell us you missed the Top 20 after all that ?

I was tol;d of the Number ONE, and cannot believe it.

I too want to see the WHOLE top 40 tracks .....according to the feedback.... but I still think if the track I was TOLD made it to the numer one slot, it all must have been fixed.

Come on then somebody.... lets have that TOP 40 LIST..... ppplllleeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

OK, maybe tomorrow then.:whistle:

SilverFox
10th-May-2005, 01:54 AM
Heaven, ....I'm in heaven....

Now that's what I call a weekender. I am on such a high, with a stupid grin fixed firmly on my face.

First and foremost I must add to the praise bestowed upon Sheepy for his sets. The Sunday morning session was far beyond what words can express. Simply delicious. :waycool: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Camped out in the Blues room for 3 nights with so many divine dancers has been the most rewarding dance experience I've had to date.

A huge thank you to all the forumites who helped make this a most memorable weekend.

Special mentions to:

Lory (now to be known as Oooozy Bird) for the smooooothest, melting on the floor dances known to man. :drool: :drool:

Alison (ZW) for kindly assisting me in a Tequila sampling :whistle: and inventing a new advanced move to be known as the Lady Wraparound, Duck, Unzip & Rezip Rummage. :devil: :devil:

Dale (Groovy Dancer), just to see the girls' faces during your lapdance extravaganza to the beats of 'Tieni il Tempo', generously sponsored by Jose Cuervo tequila. :rofl:

Danielle for organising the Barbie and being a bum wiggling minx. :yum:

oh... and Dancing Teeth for getting the phrase Golden Showers into a sentence. :what: :eek: :rofl:

Awesome!! Roll on Southport.

FF-DC

under par
10th-May-2005, 06:49 AM
Just finished my night shift, after being totally "CAMBERED" I do not feel that good but wanted to post some thanks to Danielle for organising the Bar b que,
to Jivecat, ,Minnie Mouse, NorthantsGirlie, DianaS, Lory, Danielle and Zebra Woman for some wonderful moves on the blues room dance floor.

Dangerous Curves thanks for the lovely dances hope the USA goes well for you.

Lory I'm sorry we misssed 2 playings of "our song" whilst both in the same room but heh we managed the third !! :flower: It will probably never reach the Walthamstow level again but really worth trying!! :clap:

Zw apoogies for the most awful, tired p...take dance of the weekend late on on Monday morning................ what was I thinking....!
Also hope your ankle is better. :hug:

To Sheepman, total respect, I dance when I am inspired by the tunes that are played and I could not sit out a minute of either set. :worthy: :worthy:

To Silver Fox DJtrev Dan Hudson nice to meet you.

There were many others Clive Long, Bobgadget, Dancing Teeth to name a few who I saw during the weekend, great seeing you.

To all the others whom I have not mentioned remember I've just finished nights. :confused:

One low point for me the amount of time on Saturday night given up to the caberet and the Jive Aces, I enjoy the band but its not for me what a weekend at Camber is for, I was really not able to dance in the main hall from 1100 till 0100 and although I know lots enjoy the band it was really difficult dancing to such fast music and to tracks that last so very long!! Any comments!!!

My laundry bill is going to be extremely high this week all those shirts dirtied in such a short space of time, but it was such a good cause I don't mind.

Bring on Southport :clap: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
10th-May-2005, 09:48 AM
Least favourite class , the tango lesson. :tears: nuff said

I just wish they could get someone that could teach Tango to a large crowd surely this can get back to the powers that be. I walked off after 20 mins with agreement of partner and thats a great pity. I assume the extra ladies were left disappointed again. You need rotation you need somone who knows how to cope with 400 + on dance floor. Who speaks clearly and is teaching a beginners class.

On postive note nice to meet up with some more women forumites and overall thought the weekend was great.The R&B class was great but thought double trouble wasnt well organised and it was too crowded. Im glad Salsa (downstairs) was swapped with Tango (upstairs) on second day. Given first day expereince that was bound to happen.

Did feel some of the music in the blues room wasnt up to Par but hey I spent more time upstairs.

Clive Long
10th-May-2005, 10:27 AM
I just wish they could get someone that could teach Tango to a large crowd surely this can get back to the powers that be.
<< snip >>.
:yeah: everything that has been written about the problems with the Tango class. I think the guy was trying to cover too elaborate moves too quickly and it was difficult to hear what he was saying.
I was lucky in that I paired with someone with about the same amount of Tango experience as me and we just repeated the basic routine.
There has been, I feel, a successful Tango class for large numbers - run by Jenny and Ricardo at Camber Nov 2004. They started at the basics but put in a few "twiddles" - which I think is an amazing achievement given Tango is probably an "alien" dance style to many dancers.

For anyone in London interested in Tango I recommend any of Bianca's lessons. I also hear those at Wimbledon (Leo?) and at the Welsh Centre (Grays Inn Road) are excellent.

Any complaints or comments? Email the organisers. I got a thorough and thoughtful response from Franco following an email I sent regarding Bognor. He won't accept everything you say but he will help you understand sometimes why things are the way they are. Remember, the better experience people have the more they will rave about it and the more people will go (although where they will fit the extra people is quite beyond me).

Clive

Lory
10th-May-2005, 11:28 AM
Wooo my body and mind are finally becoming co-ordinated again and I'm going to have a go at typing...deep breath.....

Seeing as everyone else is doing their highs and lows and I've not got enough imagination to be original at the moment, I'll follow suit.

Start with the lows.....
Arriving to find our chalet was about as far away as you could get (this has turned me off of booking again for November, I couldn't handle that walk if it was any colder) :sad:

Friday night, the music just wasn't to my taste (but in hindsight, this may have been a god send, as I ended up having a relatively early night....3am, making it possible to enjoy to the full the following nights)

GroovyDancers sad hangover face! :sick:

The top 40 lunchtime hits, :what: this confirmed something I'd been worried about for sometime now, I'm NOT NORMAL! :D

HIGHS!!!

The Music, the music AND the MUSIC on Sat and Sunday in the blues room, BobGadget, Swinging Bee and Nelson and as I've said before, Sheepy, they all played fabulous sets! :worthy:

The freezing BBQ, lot's of friendly hugs and plenty of booze kept us warm enough! Thanks to Danielle for organising that! :hug:

Watching SilverFox (FF-DC) making cocktails :waycool:

GroovyDancer in full swing, after he'd drunk several of said cocktails! :rofl: (Oh nooo not Tieni Tempo AGAIN!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: )

Being asked to dance by Nigel, (just when i'd reached the optimum alcohol intake level) I swear I was dancing on air!

Thanks to Mr Fitz for being the perfect partner :drool: for the only workshop I did, (Nikky and Jim, great fun guys!)

Watching Angelique dance with the SpinDr (and her face, when I shouted, Angelique..... they're coming out!) :wink: And my hysterical dances with him! :rofl:

RusselSaxby for sheer inspiration, he gets on such a high, it's totally infectious and I find myself doing things that shock even ME! :really:

Stretching out with Mie on Monday morning, I swear this has made an enormous difference to how I feel today, hardly any aches at all! :clap: (anyone fancy joining me for a group stretch at Southport?)

Meeting DjTrev and GoJive and dancing with DanHudson and Underpar, great fun guys! :cheers:

Lastly but certainly not in the least at all! 'Skating' round the floor with the F*****Fox-DoubleCream, the 'ultimate' smooth dancing experience! (you put me on ice baby! ) :yum:

Apologies in advance, as i've probably forgotten loads of important things! I'll sort my photos out later!

I am so looking forward to Southport where our chalets will be close together (well those of us who asked to be put in the Forumite area will be)

SOUTHPORT HERE WE COME! :clap:

stewart38
10th-May-2005, 12:03 PM
Start with the lows.....
Friday night, the music just wasn't to my taste (but in hindsight, this may have been a god send, as I ended up having a relatively early night....3am, making it possible to enjoy to the full the following nights)

The top 40 lunchtime hits, :what: this confirmed something I'd been worried about for sometime now, I'm NOT NORMAL! :D

SOUTHPORT HERE WE COME! :clap:

Something seem to be 'missing' on friday and it was an early nite for me to (3.30am)

Sorry got to disagree re 40 lunchtime hits, thought that was a success and dance floor was packed on 2nd day (and thats a lunch time)

Sometimes people just like to dance to non challanging run of the mill recognisable music :sad:

One other thing this time I spent under £3 on electricity last time £9 used about the same amount , the apartments must be running on different 'electricity times'

Finally re tango thing , Novermber was a bit better but you still had fixed partners and 50 ladies who turned up for Tango missed out

Final final thing.

One girl said to me about 2am on monday morning she had had enough dancing to last for ages and was off to bed (what was that all about :sick: )

Trish
10th-May-2005, 12:06 PM
It's now Tuesday and I am still "Cambered" - what a fantastic weekend! I am going down the pub lunchtime with Rachel to bring her up to date with it all, real shame her and Marc couldn't come.

It was lovely to meet so many forumites, I had great dances with all of you!

Minnie M - apologies once again for nearly pulling you over on top of me, on the skating rink near the stage!

Zebra Woman - thanks for allowing me to figure out where the forum people were

Jivecat and Northants Girly - I will have to make an effort to get to Leicester, and Northampton - if not maybe see you at Bedford or Peterborough soon.

DJ's thanks for such wonderful music - I loved the stuff Sheepman, Swinging Bee (thanks for digging out some Ella for me!) and Nelson played - excellent!

It was only the lovely music and my friend Becks nagging me that kept me going on Monday morning right till the end! I'm not very good at no sleep, but managed to survive with only 2 hours! It was worth it though!

Hope to meet up with some of you again very soon!

Trish

Trish
10th-May-2005, 12:14 PM
:yeah: everything that has been written about the problems with the Tango class. I think the guy was trying to cover too elaborate moves too quickly and it was difficult to hear what he was saying.
I was lucky in that I paired with someone with about the same amount of Tango experience as me and we just repeated the basic routine.
There has been, I feel, a successful Tango class for large numbers - run by Jenny and Ricardo at Camber Nov 2004. They started at the basics but put in a few "twiddles" - which I think is an amazing achievement given Tango is probably an "alien" dance style to many dancers.

I agree about Jenny and Ricardo being much better teachers (and dancers generally, I think - their cabaret was excellent) than the guy this time, but I only know that from watching them. I couldn't do the class as I didn't have a partner! - as Stuart 38 pointed out, they also didn't move anyone on! This time I still didn't get to do a Tango class, but luckily Valta from Bedford (that's probably not how you spell it), who is a lovely man, and has been learning Tango, taught me some moves after the class - I probably learnt more from him than I would have done from the guy teaching!

I spoke to Franco about this, and told him what I thought about it, and I do sympathise, that it isn't really the easiest dance to organise, you certainly can't keep it to nice neat rows, but you'd think they could do something!

Yogi_Bear
10th-May-2005, 01:35 PM
Impressions
What a great weekend....
Thanks to Danilelle for the BBQ.
Nice to meet more frumites and special thnaks for some memorable dance to Jivecat, Lory, Minnie Mouse, Northants Girly, Trish (?), Zebra Woman (and any I've forgotten)...! :flower:
Fabulous music in the swing ' blues room - especially Sheepman :worthy:
Usually too loud and too uninspiring music upstairs - but what else is new, aor am i just getting too old. Spent even longer than usual downstairs as a result.... :waycool:
More from me later, but as for the tango - the teachers were good, but obviously not preapred for teaching a couple of hundred beginners. Their first lesson was basically intermediate level. From what I saw of the second lesson - mercifully downstairs - that was aimed at beginners and with the numbers there it worked much better. Their showcase was excellent, but many would have been disappointed by the relative lack of showy and spectacular moves on view - which would be a pity as they were not really dancing a show tango...
Ian

Funky Si
10th-May-2005, 02:13 PM
Fab time, fab people, fab lessons (well Adam & Tas & Dan's!) as that's all my legs would take.. :D

I thought all the music in the Blues/ Swing room was really excellent over the whole weekend, especially Swinging Bee's set :wink:

BUT

I really thought the music upstairs left a lot to be desired, which is a great shame. Not sure if others will agree, but when I heard bloody Cliff Richard :angry: it just tipped me over the edge! C'mon! SORT IT OUT!!

Upstairs always seemed in previous years, to play a lot of really great tracks- inspiring, unique and always interesting. This year, IMHO, was at very best bordering on average, at worst, well, Cliff Richard really..... 'Amarillo' is a fun track but what the hell was it doing at the top of all time favourite jive tunes EVER?????? :eek:

Probably get strung up for that, but hey, wanted to just see if anyone else felt the same ...

Funky Si

Yogi_Bear
10th-May-2005, 02:19 PM
Fab time, fab people, fab lessons (well Adam & Tas & Dan's!) as that's all my legs would take.. :D

I thought all the music in the Blues/ Swing room was really excellent over the whole weekend, especially Swinging Bee's set :wink:

BUT

I really thought the music upstairs left a lot to be desired, which is a great shame. Not sure if others will agree, but when I heard bloody Cliff Richard :angry: it just tipped me over the edge! C'mon! SORT IT OUT!!

Upstairs always seemed in previous years, to play a lot of really great tracks- inspiring, unique and always interesting. This year, IMHO, was at very best bordering on average, at worst, well, Cliff Richard really..... 'Amarillo' is a fun track but what the hell was it doing at the top of all time favourite jive tunes EVER?????? :eek:

Probably get strung up for that, but hey, wanted to just see if anyone else felt the same ...

Funky Siagree totally...just didn't want to be the first one to slate Amarillo...!

bobgadjet
10th-May-2005, 02:24 PM
'Amarillo' is a fun track but what the hell was it doing at the top of all time favourite jive tunes EVER?????? :eek:
Funky Si
AMA BL**DY RILLO :eek:

So the information I got WAS right.

Now I was under the impression that the list was compiled from either requests, or most played tracks, and came from the DJs.

What geeks even thought of putting..... no..... owning up to the fact that track was even asked for, let alone played.

I must be in an area of much better taste of punters obviuously :whistle:

steps back to avoid flack

stewart38
10th-May-2005, 02:29 PM
agree totally...just didn't want to be the first one to slate Amarillo...!

Disagree and I think main stream of people would as well

If upstairs was packed (which really only happened for a couple of hours on sat) always a bit of room to dance downstairs. I guess 80% were happy over all with main stream and 20% preferred alternative (some very alternative). There was more then enough 'challenging music' upstairs and lets face it if your downstairs all he time your not going to know what was being played upstairs. Horses for courses

I assume a fair nos of people there had been a Hammersmith champs but guess it was ok to re show those wonderful show case people again

Those plebs that did their set routine with Nigel and Nina were ok :whistle:

Swinging bee
10th-May-2005, 02:29 PM
Had a fabulous time...it was nice to put faces to forumites that I had not previously met. Hi, to you all. Special thanks to Bob, Nelson and Greg, it was great working with you, it all ran smooth as silk, with seamless change -overs.......You all played music to be applauded. I hope we can all work together in times to come... From comments made we all have something considerable to offer.
Had a great dance with ZW..what an accomplished dancer! as was Minnie M ( I just wish I could recreate that oh so sexy move but I am unable to remember how we got into it Sorry M! )

look forward to seeing you on a dance floor somewhere........a happy but "cream crackered "JF.

Yogi_Bear
10th-May-2005, 02:34 PM
Those plebs that did their set routine with Nigel and Nina were ok :whistle:I assume that is said tongue in cheek...

kempy
10th-May-2005, 03:01 PM
I agree about Jenny and Ricardo being much better teachers (and dancers generally, I think - their cabaret was excellent) than the guy this time, but I only know that from watching them. I couldn't do the class as I didn't have a partner! - as Stuart 38 pointed out, they also didn't move anyone on! This time I still didn't get to do a Tango class, but luckily Valta from Bedford (that's probably not how you spell it), who is a lovely man, and has been learning Tango, taught me some moves after the class - I probably learnt more from him than I would have done from the guy teaching!

I spoke to Franco about this, and told him what I thought about it, and I do sympathise, that it isn't really the easiest dance to organise, you certainly can't keep it to nice neat rows, but you'd think they could do something!

Don't forget folks it's just a taster, an appetite wetter. Sadly for the ladies there always seems to be a shortage of men at Camber especially for Tango.

Last year was definately better in that by the end of it everyone was moving around the dance floor in a tango style if not totally correctly. Because Tango is danced around the floor the moving on would be very difficult to organise but I'm sure its not imposssible, just needs some serious thought.

Still its got me looking for my nearest Tango class to go and do it properly.
:nice:

Northants Girly
10th-May-2005, 03:21 PM
Wow! I only booked at the last minute and didn't really expect much but it turned out to be an
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC WEEKEND! :clap:

Friday got off to abit of a bad start for me . . . .

Lowlights.........FREE WATER - that was not cold.... not even just tepid..... but HOT :angry:I wouldn't complain about the water being tepid as before 11pm on Friday the only water available at the bar was in small bottles for £1.50. :really:

The first 20-30 mins of my evening were spent downstairs with Franco who then called the bar manager. I was joined by 3 other lovely dancers and between us we managed to convince the guy that not providing free drinking water just wasn't on. He initially told us that he couldn't supply tap water cos it wasn't fit to drink (or why sell squash then eh mate? :confused: ) and then said he didn't have many jugs and would put just one jug of water out per bar and the dancers would have to fill it up themselves! :what:
However, in the end we had 4-5 jugs on each upstairs and downstairs bars and I even noticed ice in some at one point over the weekend. :nice:

I find it hard to believe that dancers had to complain (and complain quite hard) before we got it though when these weekends have been running for so long.

After this I was desperate for my first dance. I went upstairs and asked the first guy I stumbled across for a dance - and he turned me down! :tears:

From then on (apart from getting my foot stamped on by some idiot!) the evening got better (had to really dint it?) and I had some really lovely dances.

I found forumites I'd not seen for a long time and it was lovely to see them again - Mr and Mrs Under Par, Minnie M, Lory, Clive, Jivecat, Gojive . . . .
And then I got introduced (or pointed in the direction of!) to new ones too - Yogi_Bear, SpinDr, Sheepman, bobgadjet, Almost an Angel, djtrev, stewart38, Trish, Mia. I know I will have missed someone! Thankyou for all the great dances!

Saturday daytime was abit disappointing as the only class I attempted was the Tango - and yes - it was pants! :sad:

Saturday evening was fantastic though - spent most of my time downstairs. I don't know what time DianaS, Minnie M and I left but we had a big shock when we walked outside and it was light! :eek:

The most unforgettable bits of my weekend were:

duvet moments (on the sofa) with my fab chalet mate DianaS :flower:

dancing with Trish and Trish making me lead her at 4.30 am Monday morning! :sick: (wicked woman! - but lovely dancer!)

being asked to dance by Russell on Sunday evening - mmm, what an interesting way to ask someone for a dance! (you bad man ;) )

sitting on the beech in the sand dunes on Sunday afternoon reading my book . . . . bliss!

partnering with the amazing Angelique (upcoming Tango Queen!) for Dan and Kim's fantastic Hip Hop class on Sunday evening . . . . oh yes!

and I almost forgot - I've never been on a dance weekend and taken such few photos - however, I did manage a few "action shots" on Sunday evening:
There's Lory and Gojive
Zebra Woman and ?Alex (not on the forum I don't think)
DianaS and Wayne
SilverFox with ? and Minnie M (in same photo) with ?

Roll on Southport !!!!

Northants Girly x x x - upcoming Hip Hop Queen!

Lounge Lizard
10th-May-2005, 03:31 PM
AMA BL**DY RILLO :eek:

So the information I got WAS right.

Now I was under the impression that the list was compiled from either requests, or most played tracks, and came from the DJs.

What geeks even thought of putting..... no..... owning up to the fact that track was even asked for, let alone played.

I must be in an area of much better taste of punters obviuously :whistle:

steps back to avoid flackIt was, it seems compiled & put together by the guy that played both lunchtime sets - I just asked him
p

Funky Si
10th-May-2005, 03:36 PM
Disagree and I think main stream of people would as well
There was more then enough 'challenging music' upstairs and lets face it if your downstairs all he time your not going to know what was being played upstairs.

Upstairs music was really poor- kept alternating in case there was a DJ mutiny, but it never happened. Anyway, you can normally sum up a DJ's style and set within the first 20 mins so if I hear Cliff Richard, Enrique, Amarillo & Geri Halliwell, I pretty much know that I can have a few good dances downstairs without missing much! :wink:

Funky Si

stewart38
10th-May-2005, 04:22 PM
Upstairs music was really poor- kept alternating in case there was a DJ mutiny, but it never happened. Anyway, you can normally sum up a DJ's style and set within the first 20 mins so if I hear Cliff Richard, Enrique, Amarillo & Geri Halliwell, I pretty much know that I can have a few good dances downstairs without missing much! :wink:

Funky Si

It wasnt to your personal taste, not it was 'very poor', or 1200 people wouldnt have headed downstairs

[/QUOTE]
I assume that is said tongue in cheek... [/QUOTE]

re the bleb comment as I was a bleb you never know if the audience appreciate a few of us having ago at a set routine after practicing for just 3hrs

Lory
10th-May-2005, 04:26 PM
DianaS and Wayne

SilverFox with ?

and Minnie M (in same photo) with ?

Is Wayne on the Forum? He's Mad! (in a nice way) :D

Sliver Fox is with MisFab :)

And I believe Minnie's dancing with a guy called Steve? haven't a clue where he dances but he's great and definitly on my list of 'trusted droppers' :worthy:

Zebra Woman
10th-May-2005, 04:27 PM

Funky Si

Agree with you Si. Never before have I been in so little doubt about where to dance. I think I spent 30 mins upstairs on Friday and less on Saturday, none on Sunday. I have insufficient data to make a judgement about the upstiars music so I'll say no more on that.

I dragged myself out of bed both days for the lunchtime top 40 music. I was so disappointed . Loads of my least favourite /most overplayed tracks were there...

gutted :tears:

Oh no! I know what it is.... I'm just not 'normal' :really:

No surprise there then :blush:

Does anyone have the 'Top 40' list to post here? I was hoping it was going to be the DJ's favourites not the most requested tracks. Now THAT would have been interesting. :whistle:

Yes I saw the way Russel asked you to dance NG :really: :eek: ...Double knots young lady...Didn't you go to Girl Guides?

Big Thankyou to NG and friends for getting the jugs of water organised.hug:

bobgadjet
10th-May-2005, 04:35 PM
you never know if the audience appreciate a few of us having ago at a set routine after practicing for just 3hrs
Well, IMHO, I thought ALL those that took part in that little routine did fanbloodytastically, taking into account the short time you had to learn, then parctice.

It shows a lot of things to me.......
1/ The patience of the teachers for wanting to take it on
2/ The WORTH :worthy: of the teachers for being abloe to do it
3/ The guts of those who took part....... for just DOING IT

I don't think ANYBODY has any right to make any derogatory comments about non-professional people taking part in ANY public demonstration.

Fair play to ALL those who took part.

For me it was probably the THIRD best part of the showcase
No: 2 being Adam & Taz
No: 1 being The Tap Dancing Mouse

WELL DONE :clap::cheers:

bobgadjet
10th-May-2005, 04:41 PM
Minnie dancing with a guy called Steve? haven't a clue where he dances but he's great and definitly on my list of 'trusted droppers' :worthy:
Now, if you put both those people in a sentence about "drops", then I suppose he would have to be REALLY trusted if Minnie survived :innocent:

sorry minnie, you know what I mean:flower::hug:

AND WHAT ABOUT THEOSE BBQ PHOTOS THEN ?

Northants Girly
10th-May-2005, 04:46 PM
Is Wayne on the Forum? He's Mad! (in a nice way) :D

Sliver Fox is with MisFab :)

And I believe Minnie's dancing with a guy called Steve? haven't a clue where he dances but he's great and definitly on my list of 'trusted droppers' :worthy:I don't think Wayne is on the forum no.

MsFab has just PM-ed me to say that it is her dancing with SilverFox too!

She also told me that she was one of the lovely dancers who helped out standing up to the bar manager re the water problem on Friday eve - as was the forum's ajs - thanks guys :worthy:

Minnie M
10th-May-2005, 04:58 PM
Now, if you put both those people in a sentence about "drops", then I suppose he would have to be REALLY trusted if Minnie survived

cheeky :o

I have know him for years, but can never remember his name - dances at Fleet a lot and most of the London venues and many of the Swing Weekenders - he also dances Lindy and WCS, in fact we were doing WCS in that photo. However, he has NEVER put me into a drop of any kind.

BTW Mr. Swingingbee actually lifted me this weekend (after a really lovely hug) :really: much to my surprise too :blush: and DavidB has lifted me too - it takes a REAL man :yeah: :flower:

Gojive
10th-May-2005, 05:28 PM
I have know him for years, but can never remember his name - dances at Fleet a lot

Hi Minnie :)

I think it's either Ralph or Kevin?.....I'm sure it's the latter. Almost an Angel would know I think :)

Great dancing Sunday night M - thankyou!!! :worthy: . I always seem to miss getting a dance with you these days M, so it was especially great to 'catch up' a little :hug:

Sheepman
10th-May-2005, 05:37 PM
it's totally infectious and I find myself doing things that shock even ME! :really: My God :really: Please warn me before you try any of these on me, I was surprised enough as it was! :wink:

Regarding the Tango, I think it is wrong to say it was case of trying to teach too much too soon, it was the 8 count basic (Salida) they were trying to teach, after all, but I think I could have learnt it more easily from here (http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/argentine_tango.htm)
I think Ricardo and Jenny's lesson in November was, by comparison, a revelation. I was surprised, and delighted, when they didn't start by teaching the Salida. What they did teach was how to lead and follow, and avoid collisions while moving round the floor. That lesson was fantastic, though I accept the lack of moving on was a problem for those that didn't get included.
Recalling the first (of about 4) Tango lessons I've done, I know the Salida was taught in rows, with swapping partners, but of course the numbers were much smaller.

So to continue the now established format:-

Lows
Being too exhausted to really get into it on the Friday night, only managing about a dozen dances (but still not getting to bed till 5:30).

"Strimmer man" with his 2 stroke engined strimmer waking me, and so many other people, on Saturday morning, especially when I'd set the alarm for 1pm in the afternoon!

Not finding enough time or inclination to eat properly.

Having to go home

Discovering (from here) that Amarillo was No. 1 :tears:

Highs
Tas and Adams cabaret. :worthy:

A respected teacher (no names!) telling me "You don't need to do Viktor's body styling class." :rofl: :rofl:

The planned (the BBQ), and the impromptu, hospitality shown by people, eg when I popped in to say "Hi" in passing to Mr & Mrs under par, I could easily have departed several hours later, stuffed and sozzled!

The high after so many people said they enjoyed my first set, even though I was just playing music I would like to dance to at that time of night. No way could I come down to sleep till around 8 in the morning!

So many fab dances and dancers, and especially the Sunday night's music, meeting up and dancing with more forum faces (but not enonugh), and those surprises from Lory :whistle:

And so to that top 40 thing, I know I shouldn't decide what other people's opinions are, but on this one I'm going to :devil:
Does anyone know what any of the other tracks that were in the top 40 were? (I was sleeping at the time.) I'm kind of hoping that none of my selections made it into a chart that was topped by Amarillo!
Looking at the DJing schedule, there are 5 people there that I can't believe would even mention that song, another 2 where I'd seriously doubt it, and the rest I don't know. Maybe it just demonstrates the diversity of music that gets played at different venues, which would mean a track could be hugely popular at one venue, but other DJs don't even know about it. Hence, something that has been in the charts lately, could come out top by default?

I consider myself fortunate to never have heard that track on the dance floor!

Greg

Funky Si
10th-May-2005, 05:44 PM
It wasnt to your personal taste, not it was 'very poor', or 1200 people wouldnt have headed downstairs

1200 wouldn't have fitted down stairs! Anyway, it's not just me who thinks that.... :wink:

I just reckon if you pay a wadge of cash for a weekend, you should get something a bit different from the 'norm'.

Funky Si

PS. And by the love of god, 'strimmer man' was about two minutes from getting a dancing shoe thrust up his **** . Can't remember what time he woke me up but I was not a happy bunny...

Minnie M
10th-May-2005, 07:08 PM
...............I think it's either Ralph or Kevin?.....I'm sure it's the latter...........

Kevin :clap: yes that's who it was :clap:

.......Great dancing Sunday night M - thankyou!!! :worthy: . I always seem to miss getting a dance with you these days M, so it was especially great to 'catch up' a little :hug:
:yeah: :hug: :kiss: reciprocated

Lory
10th-May-2005, 07:27 PM
AND WHAT ABOUT THEOSE BBQ PHOTOS THEN ?
Here you go! :)

Lory
10th-May-2005, 07:35 PM
A few more!

Zebra Woman
10th-May-2005, 08:50 PM
I have a few to add ...

Northants Girly dancing with DjTrev

Lory dancing with Stewart38

Dale's 'Tieni Il Tempo' lapdance :drool: (you had to be there :blush: )

SilverFox and Lory sharing a drink...What was that drink???

DianaS
10th-May-2005, 10:07 PM
OMG what can I add!!!!

Drinking with NG in the privacy of our room and swearing we hadn't touched a thing! Hip Hop with Russell who cracked me up with his mad faces tll i could barely make the next move
Dropping a bottle of wine at arrivals and trying to make out it was some one else :innocent:
loosing keys and finding the that neither of us had it ...russain roulette or WHAT :eek:
getting homesick on Sunday noon and NG insisting I rang home to find out what the youngster was doing >>>(thanks!) he was fine!¬!¬
having two lovely dancers with a nameless God who I can only dream of dancing with once Swoon!!! - asd yes he asked me for the second!!! ANd the heavens haven't closed on me yet
Dance lesson after dance lesson and realising that ALTHOUGH I won't get much better without more practice I cant get much worse :rolleyes:
ANd dancing with Andy from Swindon who dances with me like I'm the best dancer in the world - till he moves one to the next :mad:

And meeting at LAST Lory and Minnie Me I mean Mouse who was the most lovely, entertaining woman I have met for a long time

and finding who Silver Fox is and Russell and Bobagadget and totally exhasting them thill they begged for mercy (not!!)

and missing Trampy and not meeting CLive Long or many of the others cas I was alseep and didn't; make the bbQ

But having the time of my life with NG, Angeliqe Lory (who is as lovely as her avatar and has JD in her handbag for emergencies only ) and Zebra Woman whom I'm very jeoloys of :devil: :devil:

but I may get over it...
eventually...

ANd where was Andy McG???- Cas I missed him too and it wasn't the same without his spangly shorts and I so want to meet Bardlsley..

<gossip>
..and yes I know who turned down the lovely NG and his mate has said he's really sorry but he was so taken aback that she asked him he could but mutter excuses
He SO missed his chance!!
Love Ya all!!
Diana
xxx

jivecat
10th-May-2005, 10:29 PM

Well, me neither, then. Thank God.

I was really looking forward to the lunchtime session, because I had really enjoyed LL's sets last November + emptyish floor + not being tired. But I was pretty disgusted by the poor quality music, and aghast when they announced the #1 song. I concede that songs like "In these shoes" and "Shebangs" deserved to be in the top 40 even if they are overplayed but "Amarillo"??? It might be popular at the moment because it's been re-released but this song has been around for 30 years without anyone thinking that it would make a good jive song. Because it doesn't. Shame on whoever decided on that list.

Strangely, if members of the jiving public had voted for it I could accept it. But if that was the DJs' choice, then shame on them. If they repeat the Top 40 idea next time, I think that they should make it a public vote. It would be easy enough to invite punters to vote (if they wanted) for a top 40, choosing from a pre-selected list if that made it easier. It could be done on the Friday Evening/ Saturday morning. People could pay a nominal sum to vote which could go to charity or to a raffle prize of some sort. Even if the resulting set didn't appeal to everybody it would at least be a bit of fun, and of interest in that it reflected the tastes of the average punter. How about it for Southport, Wes & John? On second thoughts, just get a decent DJ in!

I think the Sunday lunchtime freestyle was busy because many people went home that day and wanted to catch their last chance to dance rather than because they thought the music was good.

Lory
10th-May-2005, 11:14 PM
If they repeat the Top 40 idea next time, I think that they should make it a public vote. It would be easy enough to invite punters to vote (if they wanted) for a top 40, choosing from a pre-selected list if that made it easier. It could be done on the Friday Evening/ Saturday morning. People could pay a nominal sum to vote which could go to charity or to a raffle prize of some sort. Even if the resulting set didn't appeal to everybody it would at least be a bit of fun, and of interest in that it reflected the tastes of the average punter. How about it for Southport, Wes & John? On second thoughts, just get a decent DJ in!

I agree but maybe Stewart38 had a valid point, as we ARE talking mainstream here, we might just end up with the same result?

I was chatting to ZW this evening and she came up with a brilliant idea :worthy: ..... Keep upstairs as it is, as it seemed to be quite popular but run a parallel lunchtime session 'downstairs' where all the challenging, interesting and new stuff can be tried! :clap:

Where will YOU be? :wink:

jivecat
10th-May-2005, 11:28 PM
:

Need you ask? :nice:

djtrev
11th-May-2005, 12:30 AM
Sorry but at the risk of upsetting afew of you I think you are being a bit unfair with your comments about the music.
There were 1500 people,two rooms-one blues/one mainstream.The Dj's in both rooms had to come up with about 25hours of non stop music,does it really matter if one of those tracks was by Cliff Richard.I particularly enjoyed Jason Coupland's set on Sun/Mon.
From all accounts the sets downstairs were well received and as far as I could tell the floor was full all the time upstairs.

I was definately not impressed by the Tango.Poor old Takis has been doing it for so long that he's forgotten how to smile!!Have you ever seen anybody look so miserable when he's supposed to be having fun.

I was very disappointed in the cabaret.No Viktor.No Nigel & Nina(I didnt count their team effort)I liked Howard and Nicola but the others were very ordinary.

Thanks to ZW,Lori,Minnie,Northants Girly,Angelique and friend(sorry I cant remember your name) for the dances.Nice to have met Bob,Underpar,Spin and find out who Silverfox was(that wasn't to difficult).My apologies to anyone I may have missed out.

Russell Saxby
11th-May-2005, 12:43 AM
interesting[/I] way to ask someone for a dance! (you bad man ;) )

oops sorry. am I forgiven. :flower:

under par
11th-May-2005, 05:11 AM
:blush: Thanks Minnie... Nice to know that I'm not totally forgotten!!:

We all missed you Steve, hope the exams and studying going well.

See you at Southport. :cheers: :clap:

Danger Mouse
11th-May-2005, 09:00 AM
I know what the now famous Tap Dancing Mouse likes to eat.

Pasta

And I know where he ate his pre-cabaret meal

My Chalet

Now I know I’m a mouse myself and I love all my fellow mice but he could of asked before eating all (and I mean all) our pasta. He also had a little nibble at a packet of cous cous, but obviously it wasn’t to his liking.

Still it could have been worse, at least we didn’t have ants. lol

stewart38
11th-May-2005, 09:43 AM
I agree but maybe Stewart38 had a valid point, as we ARE talking mainstream here, we might just end up with the same result?

I was chatting to ZW this evening and she came up with a brilliant idea :worthy: ..... Keep upstairs as it is, as it seemed to be quite popular but run a parallel lunchtime session 'downstairs' where all the challenging, interesting and new stuff can be tried! :clap:

Yes agree and why not

re .Amarillo is nice catchy upbeat song and so what if you danced to it with you mum and dad down the wimbledon con club in the 70s , it is what it is. For a lunch time afternoon do people want challenging songs. Next time its on ill grab Zebra women to make her appreciate the musical qualities of such a upbeat tune :wink: . Ps I dont recomend driving to Amarillo (If its the Texas one)

Cliff Richard has produced record for 50yrs so they play one of his songs in 25hrs ?

No Nolans :sad:

Funky Si
11th-May-2005, 09:47 AM
The Dj's in both rooms had to come up with about 25hours of non stop music,does it really matter if one of those tracks was by Cliff Richard.

Yup :eek:

Anyway, for the Champs we had to come up with 14 hours of music in one day, and not a hint of Cliff Richard! :clap:

Only upstairs- music downstairs was superb.

Funky Si

DavidY
11th-May-2005, 01:31 PM
I wasn't at Camber this time.

However I've heard a well-respected DJ who posts on this very forum :wink: play a Cliff Richard cover (of an Elvis song I believe - can't remember which). It wasn't one I recognised and it took jivecat & I most of the dance to work out that it was indeed Cliff who was singing.

It wasn't a bad track either (IMO at least).

Northants Girly
11th-May-2005, 01:33 PM
I wasn't at Camber this time.and you were missed :sad:

glad to see you're coming to Southport! :grin:

Sheepman
11th-May-2005, 03:18 PM
play a Cliff Richard cover (of an Elvis song I believe - can't remember which). It wasn't one I recognised and it took jivecat & I most of the dance to work out that it was indeed Cliff who was singing.

Possibly "All Shook Up", if so, it is, IMO, a half decent, poopy (ooh sorry I mean "Poppy"), saccharin, version.
I'm not sure I could bring myself to play it though, there again if it was a choice between Cliff and Daniel O'Donnell... :whistle:

Greg

Lounge Lizard
11th-May-2005, 03:27 PM

However I've heard a well-respected DJ who posts on this very forum :wink: play a Cliff Richard cover (of an Elvis song I believe - can't remember which). It wasn't one I recognised and it took jivecat & I most of the dance to work out that it was indeed Cliff who was singing.

It wasn't a bad track either (IMO at least).I play the Cliff version of all shook up and Quizas Quizas Quizas - think they are both good tracks, I got bored with the elvis version of all shook up - I do play lots of Elvis tracks every week so it is good to play the occasional cover.
Peter

Zebra Woman
11th-May-2005, 03:38 PM

Yeah we could all submit requests in advance (from the tracks listed in the DJ Booth perhaps (or even tracks from Lory's and my 'Ideal Blues Playlists' for example :wink: ) someone then burns a few CD's in advance, and we all dance to an 'alternative' Top 40.

I know that putting Lory's ipod on shuffle seems tempting ...But no! Don't got there!! :wink:

Sheepman
12th-May-2005, 12:01 PM
I think it's either Ralph or Kevin?.....I'm sure it's the latter. That back definitely looks like Kevin to me.

Greg

Gojive
12th-May-2005, 12:16 PM
That back definitely looks like Kevin to me.

Greg

Hmmm....sounds like you know what Kevin looks like from the back pretty well Greg :wink: :na:

bobgadjet
13th-May-2005, 01:29 AM

Indeed a rare copy, and one, but only one, of the cliff trax I like.
Took me ALL of the track the first time I heard it, and another couple of drinks before I could persuade the DJ to get me a copy.

Thought I would let you know MY list given for the Top 40........
No particular order............and we were asked for only TEN (I couldn't narrow it down that much)

Que La D'entengan - David Cevera
Tango Flamenco - Paco Lucia
Slow boat to china - Bette Middler & Barry Manilow
Slow boat to china - Renee Olstead
Sweet Sixteen - Blue Bombay

Oh my gosh - Basement Jaxx
Stuck on you - 3 T
Wish I didn't miss you - Angie Stone
Fever - Amanda Lear
Se Me Sube - Manny Manuel

Surely - Colin James
Sway - Michael Buble
This will be - Natalie Cole
Una notte Napoli - Pink Martini
Baby Jane - Rod Stewart

Staring down the Bird - Dr Robert
Raining Bongos - Safri Duo/Weather girls mix (4min edit)
Sisterheart - Sentimental
Singing in the rain - Jive Aces
Saturday night at the movies - Drifters

My own personal favourite would probably be Ella and the Live in Berlin version of Mack the Knife.

and I didn't miss off Amirillo

Lory
13th-May-2005, 12:05 PM
Que La D'entengan - David Cevera
Tango Flamenco - Paco Lucia
Slow boat to china - Renee Olstead
Sweet Sixteen - Blue Bombay

Stuck on you - 3 T
Fever - Amanda Lear

Surely - Colin James
Sway - Michael Buble
Una notte Napoli - Pink Martini
Baby Jane - Rod Stewart

Staring down the Bird - Dr Robert
Sisterheart - Sentimental

My own personal favourite would probably be Ella and the Live in Berlin version of Mack the Knife.

and I didn't miss off Amirillo
Surely - Colin James - :eek: NOOOOOOOO :sad:

Sisterheart - Sentimental - :tears: ARGHHHHHHH :sick:

Apart from those :wink: there's a few really nice ones on there Bob! :hug:

Zebra Woman
13th-May-2005, 12:08 PM
Bob's List....

Que La D'entengan - David Cevera ?don't know this one?
Tango Flamenco - Paco Lucia :drool:
Slow boat to china - Renee Olstead :drool:
Sweet Sixteen - Blue Bombay :eek:

Stuck on you - 3 T
Fever - Amanda Lear

Surely - Colin James :eek:
Sway - Michael Buble :drool:
Una notte Napoli - Pink Martini :drool:
Baby Jane - Rod Stewart

Staring down the Bird - Dr Robert :drool:
Sisterheart - Sentimental :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you for that Bob, that explains a lot :cheers:
I have added my own eeks and drools.... :hug:

I'm glad you interpreted it as favourites, but I don't think the others did.
I think some of the other DJ's submitted their most requested tracks. Whether that was most requested 'ever' or 'over the last few months' I don't know :innocent: .

Agree about that Cliff Richard Track , can't remember what it was called , but I was so amazed to find it was Cliff.

Sheepman
13th-May-2005, 12:42 PM
The brief I was given was to think back over the last 6 months, and submit those tracks which consistently fill the floor, or get the most requests. Seeing as my regular sets are for wcs, this had to be adjusted a bit for the more jiveable tracks.

Greg

PS So is "Surely" another one of those "love it or hate it tracks"? I think it's great fun at the right time.

Lounge Lizard
13th-May-2005, 01:04 PM
[/SIZE]I got his album in Barcelona a few years ago, considered playing this track but nevert got round to it
do play Si Pudiera for Rumba tho
peter

bobgadjet
13th-May-2005, 01:22 PM
Surely - Colin James - :eek: NOOOOOOOO :sad:

Sisterheart - Sentimental - :tears: ARGHHHHHHH :sick:

Apart from those :wink: there's a few really nice ones on there Bob! :hug:
If you like the Jive Aces, then you should see Colin James band and The Senti-Mentals. It may just change your views on those tracks, but hey, we all have our opinion.

Basically I just put a list of floorfillers, as I was asked to, without mentioninjg The Mavericks :whistle:

OH, did any of them make the top 40 ?

TheTramp
13th-May-2005, 01:24 PM
without mentioninjg The Mavericks :whistle:
Oh. Come on. Can't you give it a rest. Some people just keep going on, and on about this. I'm sure that some people are finding it really boring now... :devil:

:whistle: :flower:

bobgadjet
13th-May-2005, 01:29 PM
Oh. Come on. Can't you give it a rest. Some people just keep going on, and on about this. I'm sure that some people are finding it really boring now... :devil:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pot
Kettle
Black

come to mind :D

TheTramp
13th-May-2005, 01:31 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pot
Kettle
Black

come to mind :D
As does

Sarcasm

:rolleyes:

:flower: :flower:

under par
14th-May-2005, 07:42 PM

tsh tsh Trampy, you ARE the Forum Legend, your legendary opinion on this topic is out there for us all to comment on.

LIKE ALL LEGENDS, THEY LIVE ON FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER..........and ever :worthy: :worthy:

bobgadjet
14th-May-2005, 08:59 PM
As does

Sarcasm

:rolleyes:

:flower: :flower:
:rofl:
Missed you at Camber

Cant be at Southport

Maybe another dancefloor somewhere

Lory
17th-May-2005, 10:14 AM
This is What Franco sent in a News letter today......It addresses a few issues that have been raised in this thread :)

Since the Jive Weekend at Camber last week, we have been literally flooded with e-mails, letters & telephone calls from well wishers. It is now becoming very difficult to give a full reply to all. So I have decided to send this general e-mail to thank all and to give a public answer to the four topics (in no particular order) that occur in most communications relating to the event just gone:

Camber Top40 Hit Parade. Yes it was Franco's idea, the Hit Parade was compiled by DJ Mike Mariner who was aided in the process by some fellow DJs. We will not be publishing the Top40 at this stage. I spare you the politics forcing me to make this decision, but I can promise you that the list will be available from the jive weekend in November 2005.

Takis Tango teacher. Following the overwhelming feedback, I confirm that he will not teach for us again at our Jive Weekends. The Tango teachers we had last November had been invited for the jive weekend just gone but unfortunately they had already taken another engagement for that weekend. I will try and engage them again for November 2005. However, if you know of a very good Tango teaching duo I will consider your recommendations.

Prices. As advertised, these will go up when the new brochure is circulated. People are asking when the new brochure will be circulated and how much the prices will go up. I do not know the precise answer to either question but I am hoping that the new brochure will be available next month; prices might go up in the region of £ 10 (inc VAT) per person. Prices will remain below or will be comparable to those of competing events. Please book at this stage to take advantage of the current published prices, which have been the same for 4 years running. You can always cancel at a later date and get the whole of your deposit back, as per terms printed in the application form. Please book now, what have you got to lose?

Free tap water at Camber. I am currently discussing this issue with the bar manager. This is a very sensitive issue, as the bar needs to make money in order to justify the service they provide and the people they employ. I think that a happy medium needs to be found and I will work hard for such medium to be in place by the November 2005 jive weekend.

Barry Shnikov
17th-May-2005, 10:41 AM
I had a great time at Camber - o yes, I was there.

Sorry to the one or two people who've asked me why I abandoned the Forum some time ago. No particular reason, just got out of the habit, picked up a girlfriend, dropped her off again, yadda yadda. :cool:

Didn't like the live band, nor the tango class (freshly defined the word 'disorganised').

Loved the blues room, dancing with new people and a few known faces, and a really sociable weekend with our three-chalet group - all of whom, I think, are non-forumites. Candle lit dinner with crystal and silverware was very special - thanks to John and Julie, Carol and Julie.

Will try to make it to at least one other event this year before Camber November...

That svelte, sultry dancer in the zebra skirt (I suppose you could call it that...) and shoes - is that Zebra Woman? :confused:

Off to other threads to see if I can shock and amaze...

Lory
17th-May-2005, 10:46 AM
That svelte, sultry dancer in the zebra skirt (I suppose you could call it that...) and shoes - is that Zebra Woman? :confused:

:yeah: ;)

Funky Si
27th-June-2005, 11:31 PM
Just had a look at Ceroc Kents website and it seems that they have got the Jive Aces playing this Saturday at their ball- a late booking, but a good 'un!!! :clap:

They were fab at Camber so I reckon I'll be going on down to Folkstone to have a boogie!! :wink:

Funky Si