PDA

View Full Version : Going topless!

ElaineB
16th-February-2005, 01:24 PM
Is it me, or does cold crisp weather seem to bring out a strange type of motorist! It was absolutely brass monkey weather last night and out on the roads was a lovely old Morris Minor convertable......with it's roof down! The occupants must have been frozen!!

The funniest one I ever saw was an MG Roadster. Male driving, female passenger - the sort that would grace the front cover of Country Life! Anyway, there they were in all their beauty, except it was raining and the female was holding an umberella :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , sort of ruined the effect!

Elaine

PS, how many of you thought it was a different type of topless - heh? :wink:

CJ
16th-February-2005, 01:31 PM
PS, how many of you thought it was a different type of topless - heh? :wink:

Well, taking into account your reputation and, indeed, last years unfortunate streaking incident, once I saw it was your good self that posted I was slightly optimistic!!

:whistle:

Rhythm King
16th-February-2005, 01:42 PM
If it's a sunny day, the roof of my car comes down regardless of temperature. With the windows up and rear windbreak raised, it's surprisingly draft free and one can put the heater on to keep toasty warm. Bearing in mind my other hobby, I have a sheepskin flying jacket and matching helmet for those really brisk days (and nights!). As anyone who has seen me dance will know, I don't embarrass that easily :rofl:

R-K

(Forum Biggles?)

(

ElaineB
16th-February-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, taking into account your reputation and, indeed, last years unfortunate streaking incident, once I saw it was your good self that posted I was slightly optimistic!!

:whistle:

Oh good, I have a reputation!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

Elaine

Lou
16th-February-2005, 02:06 PM
Oh good, I have a reputation!!!
Yeah: Points: 31 / Power: 1 :na:

ElaineB
16th-February-2005, 02:13 PM
If it's a sunny day, the roof of my car comes down regardless of temperature. With the windows up and rear windbreak raised, it's surprisingly draft free and one can put the heater on to keep toasty warm. Bearing in mind my other hobby, I have a sheepskin flying jacket and matching helmet for those really brisk days (and nights!). As anyone who has seen me dance will know, I don't embarrass that easily :rofl:

R-K

(Forum Biggles?)

(

Is the car still within the warranty?

And what's the hobby?? Modelling? Cool! :waycool:

Elaine :hug:

DianaS
16th-February-2005, 02:35 PM
I was buying as car in the new year and the sales man were trying to impress me with sun-roofs and air-conditioning. It was freezing and totally unimpressive, definatley he was looking for the triumph of optimisum over reality. I got a car with two doors, no sun roof and a bloody good heater! :D

Rhythm King
16th-February-2005, 04:24 PM
I was buying as car in the new year and the sales man were trying to impress me with sun-roofs and air-conditioning. It was freezing and totally unimpressive, definatley he was looking for the triumph of optimisum over reality. I got a car with two doors, no sun roof and a bloody good heater! :D

I didn't know you could still get Triumph cars. What was it, a Dolomite? Perhaps not, especially if the heater works!

DianaS
16th-February-2005, 04:35 PM
I didn't know you could still get Triumph cars. What was it, a Dolomite? Perhaps not, especially if the heater works!
No silly it was a Toyota Yaris, with more buttons and nobs than my video player! Still trying to work some of it out!
But the heaters absolutely all around (who wants all araound sound when you can have all around warmth) and the car seats have a heater in too!

philsmove
16th-February-2005, 04:48 PM
Great heading for a thread ;)

Alas. My Morris minor, spit screen, convertible :drool: is no more and the same can be said for the MG- chrome bumpers, leather seats and wire wheels :drool: :drool:

But when I did have a convertible the roof was only put up for torrential rain

Rhythm King
16th-February-2005, 04:58 PM
No silly it was a Toyota Yaris, with more buttons and nobs than my video player! Still trying to work some of it out!
But the heaters absolutely all around (who wants all araound sound when you can have all around warmth) and the car seats have a heater in too!

Ah but can you programme it to turn the heater on in the mornings, so it's defrosted and warm when you leave the house? It's an option on cars for the Scandinavian market. Or does it just do Eastenders on channel 1 at 8 o'clock? :whistle:

DianaS
16th-February-2005, 05:25 PM
Ah but can you programme it to turn the heater on in the mornings, so it's defrosted and warm when you leave the house? It's an option on cars for the Scandinavian market. Or does it just do Eastenders on channel 1 at 8 o'clock? :whistle:
No but it does have a video panel on my sun visor and an automatic lipstick applicator that shoots out at the push of a button
and it has vibrator seats :devil:
in my dreams

ElaineB
16th-February-2005, 06:20 PM
Alas. My Morris minor, spit screen, convertible :drool: is no more and the same can be said for the MG- chrome bumpers, leather seats and wire wheels :drool: :drool:

But when I did have a convertible the roof was only put up for torrential rain

Ah, well I had a Triumph Spitfire - soft top for summer and hard top for winter! Never, ever would I put the soft top down for less than 16 degrees and wall to wall sunshine, but then, I am a wimp! :D

Elaine

Lou
16th-February-2005, 06:46 PM
Ah, well I had a Triumph Spitfire - soft top for summer and hard top for winter!
I knew we were pals for a reason! I also had a Spitfire. A Brown 1500 called Julian. :D He also had a hard top for winter, but unfortunately, if it was installed, the petrol cap would keep flipping open. I used to sellotape it down...

Lory
16th-February-2005, 06:55 PM
Hmm while we're on the subject :whistle: Anyone interested in my old car :flower:
OK, she's not practical and anyone over 5'10" has got no chance :rofl: but she's cute

PM me if your interested :)

CJ
16th-February-2005, 07:01 PM
Hmm while we're on the subject :whistle: Anyone interested in my old car :flower:
OK, she's not practical and anyone over 5'10" has got no chance :rofl: but she's cute

Lory,

Has anyone told you that you really, REALLY suit topless?!?! :D

philsmove
16th-February-2005, 09:42 PM

nice shoes

ElaineB
17th-February-2005, 01:34 PM
I knew we were pals for a reason! I also had a Spitfire. A Brown 1500 called Julian. :D He also had a hard top for winter, but unfortunately, if it was installed, the petrol cap would keep flipping open. I used to sellotape it down...

The bonnet on mine would threaten to leap open at disconcerting moments, usually after tearing up the motorway at 56mph - any faster than that and it would start to shake! :rofl:

Mine was dark brown two, it's nickname? Overdraft! :rofl:

Elaine :hug:

Bigger Andy
17th-February-2005, 01:59 PM

I also have a couple of cars available if anyone is interested.

Bit of a cashflow problem at the moment. :whistle: