PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to find new messages

El Salsero Gringo
13th-February-2005, 04:41 PM
I have no idea if anyone's suggested this before, but if you click (and hold) on the "New Posts" part of the tool-bar, then drag your mouse pointer onto the desktop and release the button - you create a desktop shortcut.

If you later double-click on that shortcut you'll open a browser window (if there isn't one open) and automatically get taken to a page of all the new messages since the last time you logged on.

under par
13th-February-2005, 04:47 PM
I have no idea if anyone's suggested this before, but if you click (and hold) on the "New Posts" part of the tool-bar, then drag your mouse pointer onto the desktop and release the button - you create a desktop shortcut.

If you later double-click on that shortcut you'll open a browser window (if there isn't one open) and automatically get taken to a page of all the new messages since the last time you logged on.

Very clever ESG :worthy:

El Salsero Gringo
13th-February-2005, 05:06 PM
... and if you drag it instead to the "quick launch" part of your toolbar (assuming you're using some recent version of Windoze) you don't even have to double-click, a single click will do.

Just think how much time you could save over the course of a year!

Zebra Woman
13th-February-2005, 05:56 PM
... and if you drag it instead to the "quick launch" part of your toolbar (assuming you're using some recent version of Windoze) you don't even have to double-click, a single click will do.

Only managed to get it onto my desktop at the moment, but it is still a TOP TIP. Thanks :flower:

Alison

Lory
13th-February-2005, 06:23 PM

:yeah: :clap: I've just done it! :cheers: Have some rep for a brill idea! :cheers:

philsmove
13th-February-2005, 08:00 PM
thanks rep on its way :clap: