PDA

View Full Version : Should Charles & Camilla marry? Should she be a Princess?

Bardsey
11th-February-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok what's your opinion? Should Charles marry Camilla? If so, should she ever become queen or even a princess?

My own personal view is that after what Charles and that woman did to Diana, I think now they are going to marry, that Charles should give up the right to the throne. If he doesn't then Camilla should never, ever be called Queen and I don't think she should even be honoured with the title of Princess.

I firmly believe most of Diana's problems stemmed from the treatment of her by Charles and his mistress. If Charles had treated her as he should, she would more than likely still be here with us today.

TheTramp
11th-February-2005, 02:18 PM
Firstly, I voted "Who the hell gives a damn". As someone with a complete lack of interest in the royalty (and all other soap operas), this is my true opinion.

However, I firmly believe that the royals should be left alone with regard to their private lives. Sure, look at their public lives, but it's not like they are 'celebrities'. They didn't choose to be royal (as other celebrities choose to be celebrities, and hence open themselves up to public scrutiny), it was just an accident of birth really, and therefore I don't see why we should have to rake over their private lives all the damn time.

Lastly, Diana's problems stemmed from the treatment of her by Charles and his mistress?? Just where did that come from? She was hardly blameless herself as I recall (not that I paid much attention, and really tried to avoid it as much as possible). I do recall some army guy though, and obviously there was the guy she was in the car with when she died. So, Charles had one mistress. Diana managed to spread it about a bit, with at least 2 extra-marital affairs. I suppose that you wouldn't have objected if that adulteress has become Queen?

philsmove
11th-February-2005, 02:42 PM
Whist Charles did not choose to be royal

By marring him, Diana did

The same applies to Camilla

The wife of Charles is entitled to a private life, but in becoming his wife she takes on certain public duties and responsibilities

We do not have any say in the matter, that’s the whole point of being King - his wish is our command

Like it or not Camilla will be Princess of Wales’s, even if she chooses not to use that title

So should we get rid of the monarchy ‘ afraid not “better the :devil: you know “

Aleks
11th-February-2005, 02:53 PM
....... Camilla should never, ever be called Queen and I don't think she should even be honoured with the title of Princess.

Where has it beeen said that she wants to be called Queen, or even Princess.....?? Doesn't she just want to be married to the man she loves?

Silly her for not waiting for Charles years ago.......and silly laws saying the future king cannot marry a divorcee...... Surely it's more important that monarchs (whether wanted or not) lead happy, fulfilled lives?

BTW - I voted 'who gives a damn'.

DianaS
11th-February-2005, 03:31 PM
Ok what's your opinion? Should Charles marry Camilla? If so, should she ever become queen or even a princess?

My own personal view is that after what Charles and that woman did to Diana, I think now they are going to marry, that Charles should give up the right to the throne. If he doesn't then Camilla should never, ever be called Queen and I don't think she should even be honoured with the title of Princess.

I firmly believe most of Diana's problems stemmed from the treatment of her by Charles and his mistress. If Charles had treated her as he should, she would more than likely still be here with us today.

I agree with you to a point but I don't believe that the concept of a throne king and queen are congruent with democracy.

I believe that the monarchy is corrupt and is in the process of destroying itself by its own psychopathic distorted behaviours. The only appropriate way forward is for Charles and Camilla to marry, if that is what they want, and to contribute towards the Nation through an appropraite use of their skills, knowledge and wisdom - the same as the rest of us. I don't believe that they can act as ambassadors to our nation

Their children should be given appropriate guidance to do the same without the expectation or pressures associated with taking up a throne which has blood, corruption and dishonesty stamped through and through it like a stick of rock.

The two young men may find it an intense relief, or find it a challenge but they will at least experience the freedom to make their own choices live their own lives and make their own mistakes, like their parents but without the added burden of being figureheads for a state that they may not have adequate personal or professional qualities to sustain.

Diana

Stuart
11th-February-2005, 04:27 PM
I voted "Who gives a damm".

There was an interetsting point made by somebody on the radio at lunchtime, or at least I thought so. Who's going to be paying for all of this? After all there's already been one wedding already funded by the state, why should there be another?

Dance Demon
11th-February-2005, 05:43 PM
Lastly, Diana's problems stemmed from the treatment of her by Charles and his mistress?? Just where did that come from? She was hardly blameless herself as I recall (not that I paid much attention, and really tried to avoid it as much as possible). I do recall some army guy though, and obviously there was the guy she was in the car with when she died. So, Charles had one mistress. Diana managed to spread it about a bit, with at least 2 extra-marital affairs. I suppose that you wouldn't have objected if that adulteress has become Queen?

:yeah: :yeah: .....James Hewitt, Will Carling, Dodi Fayed, and some Indian bloke around the same time as Dodi, and a bodyguard who mysteriously died in.......a car crash :really: ...........Diana may have been a princess, but she was no Angel. If Chic & camilla want to get hitched...good on 'em I say.......it won't really affect most of us in any way.

ElaineB
11th-February-2005, 07:25 PM
If they want to marry then that's fine, if they don't want to, then that's fine! If the boys are happy with it then that's fine!!

Just don't ask me to pay more tax as a Wedding present!! :tears:

Do you think they will ask for an Emergency dance lesson from Ce/Le Roc, so they can start the dancing at their evening bash! :rofl:

Elaine

Lou
11th-February-2005, 08:01 PM
Do you think they will ask for an Emergency dance lesson from Ce/Le Roc, so they can start the dancing at their evening bash! :rofl:

According to the history books, Diana did Ceroc in her youth...

And as I drove past Highgrove today, I did think Tetbury looks just the place to start up another LeRoc class. Maybe I should invite Camilla.... :cool:

CJ
11th-February-2005, 10:05 PM
According to the history books, Diana did Ceroc in her youth...

Well she would never lower herself to do the "L" word!! :wink:

Bardsey, an interesting argument: where exactly did you get the info that Diana was psycologically sound until his affair and how they treated her?
Was she always a lying manipulative minx, or was that only after she encountered their affair, too?
After all, Charles Spencer is a magnificent upstandin member of our society who hasn't AT ALL cashed in on his sister (you know, the one he disowned?!?).

Have you heard the Diana was fit, Camilla is ugly so they shouldn't wed arguments?
Will the next boat for ugly people to leave the country let me know so I can join you?!?!?!!?

Muslims have many wives. Some American sects have many wives. In certain circles, YES in this country, it is not only acceptable but positively encouraged and nurtured as a way of life to marry a fit broad, but reliable, philly type to procreate and then have the one you love as your mistress. Not, I must stress, my chosen way to live but, if you are within that circle then get on with it.

Major, Kennedy, Clinton, Blair (unless Mandy doesn't count) never ever set the precedent did they? Why exactly did Henry VIII start the C of E, again?!?! :whistle:

Being one of the few forumites who has met Charles, has been on his Christmas card list and has experienced his efforts in the Voluntary Sector I would say that I found him to be a thoroughly decent human being.

No, he never asked for his particular standing in life or all that it brings. I can vouch that he tries very hard to make the world he shall leave behind better, fairer than the one he was born into.

Let him find happiness.

Clive Long
11th-February-2005, 10:09 PM
I voted "Who gives a damm".

There was an interetsting point made by somebody on the radio at lunchtime, or at least I thought so. Who's going to be paying for all of this? After all there's already been one wedding already funded by the state, why should there be another?

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

In fact I want a rebate for all the money that goes to subsidize these mal-adjusted twerps. (I was going to put in-breeds but I think that may be inaccurate and even treasonable).

Except the Queen Mother of course, gawd bless 'er (sorry, did I miss something?)

Another quote I heard was Antony Howard (?) on Newsnight saying "Princess Consort" sounded rather like a failed British 1970's motor-car.

I wanted to resist posting on this topic but as I'm at home miserable with a cold I thought I would be miserable about this.

"Royal Wedding" - the phrase seems a bit sordid in this circumstance. Why?

Is it because the press portray Camilla as a sagging old baggage who somehow split Charles from St. Di of the cat-walk? I find the whole faux-celebrity news-orgy just a waste of resource.

As people I hope they find happiness together, like anyone who made an ill-judged first choice, blame is usually fairly shared all round, and if murderers can get a second chance then so can this pair.

I really want to see what nauseous mementoes the "commemorative" industry come up with. I knew a chap who had a room full of this Royal toilet-ware - he is now on the GLA - worrying.

In fact rather than start ANOTHER C&C thread can I hi-jack this one and ask what gifts an adoring Scottish nation would buy the happy couple? :devil: