PDA

View Full Version : Tea and Cake at 10 Paces

SilverFox
11th-February-2005, 01:14 PM
I see that Ceroc London have just launched a Chill Out Lounge event on selected Sunday afternoons at Ashtons.

Strangely enough the dates coincide with everyone of Amir, TwK and Divis fab T-Jives. :rolleyes: :whistle:

What can they possibly have in their arsenal to match the awesome choons of the Kenobe Dance Experience? :waycool:

Is it technically possible to match the culinary skills of Sparkles (& Feelingpink :flower: ) in the Fabby Cake department? :drool:

Surely only Herr Schumacher could challenge Divi to drive the Fastest Tea Urn in the West. :yum:

Jumping on the bandwagon, healthy competition, greater choice or spoiling tactics? You decide.

Gentlemen (& ladies), choose your weapons.

David Franklin
11th-February-2005, 01:22 PM
I see that Ceroc London have just launched a Chill Out Lounge event on selected Sunday afternoons at Ashtons.

Strangely enough the dates coincide with everyone of Amir, TwK and Divis fab T-Jives. :rolleyes: :whistle:

Jumping on the bandwagon, healthy competition, greater choice or spoiling tactics? You decide.I'm sure it's all just random coincidence; just like the fact that 90% of the "free entry" offers they send me fall on the same night as Hipsters.

Dave

P.S. Wanna buy a bridge...? :devil:

Divissima
11th-February-2005, 01:25 PM
Surely only Herr Schumacher could challenge Divi to drive the Fastest Tea Urn in the West. :yum: Pah! Schumie better be wearin' his 'go-faster' stripes if he wants to try it....

Bring it on, baby! :devil:

Clive Long
11th-February-2005, 01:38 PM
Dave

P.S. Wanna buy a bridge...? :devil:
This isn't another scam that Les Snell is cooking up?

Bridge? Bridge? :confused: Ooooooooh FRIDGE - must get new batteries for this aid.

(you had to be there)

just like the fact that 90% of the "free entry" offers they send me

Free offers! :what: I'VE never been sent a free offer. Mumble, sulk, ....
CRL

David Franklin
11th-February-2005, 01:43 PM
Free offers! :what: I'VE never been sent a free offer. Mumble, sulk, ....
CRLDon't think I've ever accepted one! :wink:

Will
11th-February-2005, 01:48 PM

What can they possibly have in their arsenal to match the awesome choons of the Kenobe Dance Experience? :waycool:

Is it technically possible to match the culinary skills of Sparkles (& Feelingpink :flower: ) in the Fabby Cake department? :drool:

Surely only Herr Schumacher could challenge Divi to drive the Fastest Tea Urn in the West. :yum:

Jumping on the bandwagon, healthy competition, greater choice or spoiling tactics? You decide.
Well obviously I'm a T-Jive man myself. I think that the T-Jive at Kent House is the best product on the market on a Sunday afternoon. However, to be fair to Ceroc, to accuse them of jumping onto our bandwagon would be about as grosely hypocrytical as you can get. Leaving aside the fact that we all learned our trade at Ceroc, they where doing the Sunday afternoon tea and cake thing on HMS President years before Jango even existed.

So come to the T-Jive coz it's the best (IMHO :wink: ), but credit where credit is due to Ceroc.

Gus
11th-February-2005, 02:02 PM
Well obviously I'm a T-Jive man myself. I think that the T-Jive at Kent House is the best product on the market on a Sunday afternoon. However, to be fair to Ceroc, to accuse them of jumping onto our bandwagon would be about as grosely hypocrytical as you can get. Leaving aside the fact that we all learned our trade at Ceroc, they where doing the Sunday afternoon tea and cake thing on HMS President years before Jango even existed.

So come to the T-Jive coz it's the best (IMHO :wink: ), but credit where credit is due to Ceroc.Well said. :yeah: Heathly competition is good ... and creative ideas will (hopefully) inspire others to develop and improve. I have very fond memories of HMS President ... but I will be making every effort to sample Sparkles & FeelingPink's wares (and their cakes aswell ... phnar, phnar :devil: ) .... oh, and a little bit of dancing might not go amiss either.

Banana Man
11th-February-2005, 03:56 PM

Gentlemen (& ladies), choose your weapons.

Methinks coincidence, they're all last Sunday of the month except May which would've been bank holiday weekend.

Like Will says a bit of competition is good, if it gets more people out on a Sunday afternoon, maybe the new ones will look for alternative venues at some point, potentially increasing T-Jive's attendence, although by too much might not be such a good idea.

I think the market's big enough to support both events.

Clive, if you want free night invites, make sure you're on all the mailing lists. I've had them for ISH, 02, Harrow, Clapham and Casbah, pretty much every night of the week, except for Wed - don't think they need to drum up trade for either Ashtons or Jive Bar (returning to the old place next week) :clap:

bradders
16th-February-2005, 02:14 AM
Just thought I would let you all know from the horses mouth as it were that the dates chosen for the Ashtons Chill Out Lounge were the result of negotiation with the venue owner and trying to avoid clashing with the HMS President tea dances and any large weekends events. (and more importantly trying to leave some weekends when I don't have to work!!).
We have at least 1 and sometimes 3 events on for the vast majority of weekends for the rest of the year and it is difficult enought attempting not to clash with ourselves let alone any one else.
The Ashtons dates were chosen without any reference to the T-jive because I have no idea of the dates of that event and to be honest did not think about it.
That is the plain truth...and by saying it I am not implying that the T-jive is not worthy of consideration as I understand from people I know and respect that it is a great event. I may even have gone to one myself except they always seem to clash with HMSP or a mountain bike trip!! (Not sure how they can clash with both HMSP and COL but there you go??)
All best to the T-jive team, I sincerely hope both our events prosper and that more and more people come out dancing on Sunday afternoons....
David

Andy McGregor
16th-February-2005, 03:44 AM
Leaving aside the fact that we all learned our trade at Ceroc,Speak for yourself. Though I must admit I learnt it from someone who learnt it from Ceroc.

And on the subject of clashing events in London. It's a big city full of dancers, some who like cake some who don't. Having run my first Tea Dance a few Sundays ago I can say that a lot of people like a lot of cake - MinnieM especially :wink:

I believe Bradders - he is a fine fellow and can't help the fact that he works for the Prince of Darkness in the field of MJ competitions :devil:

SilverFox
16th-February-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for your response David.

My initial post was out of frustration. Ashtons is my absolute fave venue in London and the idea of an afternoon of chilled bluesey choons there, is - in my mind - sheer bliss. :drool: :drool:

Unfortunately (and through no fault of your own :flower: ) I'm now going to have to choose between two fantastic events and miss out on one. :eek: :tears:

Robin
17th-February-2005, 02:45 PM
"Well obviously I'm a T-Jive man myself. I think that the T-Jive at Kent House is the best product on the market on a Sunday afternoon. However, to be fair to Ceroc, to accuse them of jumping onto our bandwagon would be about as grosely hypocrytical as you can get. Leaving aside the fact that we all learned our trade at Ceroc, they where doing the Sunday afternoon tea and cake thing on HMS President years before Jango even existed."

Not forgetting the Polish Club some years before that .... or I am showing my age ? :whistle:

TheTramp
17th-February-2005, 04:03 PM
And T-dances at Baden Powell House once a month - although, they stopped a while back :tears: