PDA

View Full Version : Royal wedding....

Lou
10th-February-2005, 10:57 AM
So, finally, Charles & Camilla have decided to actually get married.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4252795.stm

So - good thing? Bad thing? Don't care? And what to get them for a wedding present? :confused:

ChrisA
10th-February-2005, 11:49 AM
So - good thing? Bad thing? Don't care?
I'm happy for them if it's what they want.

I'd be just as happy for them not to marry if that was what they wanted.

bobgadjet
10th-February-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm happy for them if it's what they want.

I'd be just as happy for them not to marry if that was what they wanted.
And what will the boys think about it all ?

Will they take to her like they should to a Mum, or will they sort of blame her for what happened to their Mum ?

I really don't know where I stand on this one, but I suppose, deep down, I don't really approve. :sad:

SilverFox
10th-February-2005, 12:15 PM
So the Clothes Horse is being replaced with an Old Mare. :sick:

Neigh, Neigh and thrice Neigh....

under par
10th-February-2005, 12:21 PM
The boys will be dealing with her on a daily basis already just like every other children of single parent families in this country.

I do not think they would be unhappy to see there single father happy with another woman.

As far as the public opinion is concerned have we not become over moralistic in our dealings with royalty. :whistle:

If there are constitutional worries but they should be sorted out with a short Bill in Parliament introducing a 21st Century approach to modern family life for the royals.

They are happy together LET THEM REMAIN HAPPY. :clap:

It really is none of our business.

I know how much it would annoy every single member of the public and forum if they were told they couldn't be with or marry any person they wanted.

Live and let live. :yeah:

Hope they have a good weather for it.

Ps I'm not even a Royalist.

DianaS
10th-February-2005, 12:25 PM
hmmm can't help but think of the story of Snow White and the evil queen who poisoned her.
Call me what you like (and I'm sure you will) she might have had a very different and happier life without the interventions of Clarence House and the weak indecisive husband she ended up with

What were her parents thinking of sacrificing her to THAT kind of life...
Camilla and CHarles I'm sure will have the kind of life that they deserve together, either loving and intimate or tortured and desperate. We make our own destines
But I do think that explotation of the young by the old and porwerful is particularly nasty.

I'm looking forward to us becoming a republic and those young men having a better kind of life...

They have put up with enough and seem rather stressed out at times..

Rhythm King
10th-February-2005, 01:10 PM
~snip~
If he became king, Charles would be the supreme governor of the Church of England and some Anglicans remain opposed to the remarriage of divorcees
~snip~

Perhaps some Anglicans should look to their history. Among the reasons Henry Vlll broke from Rome and set up the Church of England was to enable him to divorce and re-marry.

Personally, I am content now that the Constitutional aspects have been sorted, in that she won't be Queen, but Princess Consort. I hope they are both very happy together. The Princes are in the same situation as plenty of other children whose parents decide to remarry following divorce and subsequent death of one parent, me included. Surely the parents are entitled to get on with living their lives?

And another thing - lots of politicians, and journalists for that matter, don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to moral behaviour, so they are in no position to criticise.

Hmm, that seems to have struck a nerve for some reason :blush:

R-K

Swinging bee
10th-February-2005, 05:08 PM
Perhaps some Anglicans should look to their history. Among the reasons Henry Vlll broke from Rome and set up the Church of England was to enable him to divorce and re-marry.

Personally, I am content now that the Constitutional aspects have been sorted, in that she won't be Queen, but Princess Consort. I hope they are both very happy together. The Princes are in the same situation as plenty of other children whose parents decide to remarry following divorce and subsequent death of one parent, me included. Surely the parents are entitled to get on with living their lives?

And another thing - lots of politicians, and journalists for that matter, don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to moral behaviour, so they are in no position to criticise.

Hmm, that seems to have struck a nerve for some reason :blush:

R-K

Have no printable opinion on this.... But here's a question.... as well as your thoughts what advice would you give them?........

Stuart
10th-February-2005, 05:11 PM
The general consensus in our office today was "does this mean a day off work so we can watch it?"!

Dance Demon
10th-February-2005, 09:41 PM
It won't really affect my life to a great degree, so I don't mind what they do. I do think that this should have been the marraige that took place a long time ago, as it would seem that Camilla was on the scene before Diana. charles & Diana's marraige was a sham from start to finish. Perhaps He will be happier with the woman He has chosen, rather than the one that was chosen for him.

drathzel
11th-February-2005, 04:31 AM
I dont really care! Live and let live. If they want to get married let them! Cynic mode on there is so little love in the world why should we stop those who are in love devoting themselves to each other Cynic mode off :hug:

Bigger Andy
11th-February-2005, 01:54 PM
The general consensus in our office today was "does this mean a day off work so we can watch it?"!

Surely not so much a case of watching it but more likely an excuse to do other, more enjoyable, things rather than having to go to work ? :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
11th-February-2005, 02:46 PM
Surely not so much a case of watching it but more likely an excuse to do other, more enjoyable, things rather than having to go to work ? :whistle:

A good day for a Tea-dance, then?

Bigger Andy
14th-February-2005, 02:00 PM
A good day for a Tea-dance, then?

That's the sort of thing !

:clap: :cheers: :clap:

DianaS
14th-February-2005, 02:41 PM
Am I being really cynical, or is the timing of this rpoyal marriage enguineeered to cash in on Valentines gooyee feelings?

Stuart
14th-February-2005, 04:47 PM
Am I being really cynical, or is the timing of this rpoyal marriage enguineeered to cash in on Valentines gooyee feelings?

I don't know about that but it seemed coincidental that it occured in the same week as the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee were questioning two of Prince Charles's senior aides about his financial affairs.

Rhythm King
14th-February-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't know about that but it seemed coincidental that it occured in the same week as the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee were questioning two of Prince Charles's senior aides about his financial affairs.

The announcement was made by Clarence House, earlier than was intended, because the information about the engagement had leaked to the press. Spookily, this was shortly after Tony Blair had attended his regular PM's Privy Council meeting with the Queen, where he was told about it in confidence. This was reported by the BBC, following a further briefing from the Palace about the timing of the announcement.

Katie
14th-February-2005, 05:31 PM
My view is that Charles and Camilla should be able to marry, after all everyone deserves a second chance of happiness. I'm glad that the issue of Camilla being a divorcee did not hinder her right to marry Charles as remarriage is a 'norm' today and reflects today's society (unlike past events where Edward VIII had to abdicate to marry Mrs Simpson, a divorcee).

Plus, I wish to thank the both of them for announcing it earlier as it is great timing for my dissertation.... :whistle: :wink:

Andy McGregor
15th-February-2005, 02:42 PM
I think that it is great that Charles and Camilla have chosen to marry at a time when so many couples choose not to.

Completely unrelated to the decision to marry Camilla, I think that, in commiting adultery, Charles proved that he is prepared to break solemn vows that he has taken in church, before God and a congregation. IMHO, this makes him unsuitable to be head of that same church. That he is not taking those vows in a church this time around shows some sensitivity to that school of thought.