PDA

View Full Version : Jango .... Top night in London?

Gus
8th-February-2005, 01:51 PM
Last night, with some trepidation, I ventured to the hallowed venue known as Jango (Hammersmith). I missed Will’s lesson :blush: but …. what a fantastic night! Extremely friendly natives, great venue (if a little hard to find), awesome music (respect to TWK :worthy: ) and some truly inspiring dancing. For a fair old while I just watched on in wonder as the likes of Mary, Divissima, DaveB, Kate, Lily, Will, Messr Franklin etc. danced :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: . I can honestly say I’ve never seen dancing of that level at a club … it was both awe inspiring and inspirational. It took some guts o get on the floor with such a great bunch of dancers but the ladies were very forgiving and playful….esp Feelingpink :yum:

Looking for more of the same now I’m exiled to London for a while. My only question is where are the rest of the London Forumties … how can you miss out on such a great dance night??

Simon r
8th-February-2005, 03:23 PM
i new i was meant to be out last night...
bugger i forgot :tears:

Katie
8th-February-2005, 05:29 PM
My only question is where are the rest of the London Forumties … how can you miss out on such a great dance night??

I planned to go after a quick drink in my student bar....... :blush: ..... :sick:

TheTramp
8th-February-2005, 05:30 PM
I planned to go after a quick drink in my student bar....... :blush: ..... :sick:
You haven't got time to go dancing, or drinking. Get studying!! :rolleyes:

foxylady
8th-February-2005, 05:42 PM
Jango is great, but there are just too many dancing nights in London, a girl needs to get her beauty sleep....

But very much looking forward to meeting and dancing with you Gus !! Where are you heading next ?

Mary
9th-February-2005, 01:47 AM
Shhhh. For goodness sake Gus, don't tell anyone or they'll all want to come. :wink:

Good to see you there and thanks for some great fun dances. I trust we can see you next week for some more of the same. :flower:

M

Toby wan Kenobe
10th-February-2005, 07:39 PM
Can't be that hard to find if Gus found us :rofl:

OK, monday night Jango (Hammersmith) can be found at:
The Hammersmith Club, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, W6
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=522973&y=178267&z=1

8.00pm Intermediate/advanced class with Will & Kate
9.00-11.00 Get jiggy wit 'The Kenobe Dance Experience'

Come and see if Will can get away with the same shirt 3 weeks in a row :eek:

Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, great dance floor, comfy lounge sofas, full and very cheap bar, free parking and is near to Hammersmith tube.

Ciao,
TwK

How to get there:
By tube - Hammersmith tube (Piccadilly, District and Hammersmith & City Lines).
5mins walk. Walk up King Street as far as Primark (large shop on your right). Turn left into Bridge Avenue and keep walking straight (you will cross two consecutive pedestrian crossings under the flyover) until you reach a T-junction (close to Hammersmith Bridge) which is Rutland Grove – turn right and The Hammersmith Club (HCS) is on the left, about halfway along through a gateway with black iron gates (with HCS on the gates).
Walk through the HCS carpark to the entrance.
Once inside turn left, though the bar, then through the double doors into the HCS dance hall.

By bus - Buses 283, 72, 33, 419 and 209 stop at the end of Rutland Grove, 50 yards from the venue.

By car - Access is easy from the A4. Head for Barnes but turn right just before crossing Hammersmith Bridge (stay on the Northern side of the river). The Hammersmith Club (HCS) is on the left, about halfway along Rutland Grove, through a gateway with black iron gates (with HCS on the gates). The venue has a car park and there is also plenty of parking in local streets. Once inside turn left, though the bar, then through the double doors into the HCS dance hall.

Sparkles
11th-February-2005, 11:21 AM
Hopefully see you all for freestyling on Monday! :hug:
S. x

PS. Sorry Mary. :flower:

under par
11th-February-2005, 11:28 AM
S. x

PS. Sorry Mary. :flower:

Might not be working Monday evening will TRY hard to get there. :clap: :yeah:
Under Par :flower:

Divissima
11th-February-2005, 12:08 PM
Yay!! :clap:

We'll be feeling the love.....

Sparkles
11th-February-2005, 01:23 PM
Yay!! :clap:

We'll be feeling the love.....

And sniffing your collar (apparently) :really:

Divissima
11th-February-2005, 01:28 PM
And sniffing your collar (apparently) :really: That's just not a nice mental image. :sick: May the record show that I've never sniffed anyone's collar..... :innocent: :whistle:

Daisy Chain
11th-February-2005, 07:47 PM
I've never sniffed anyone's collar..... :innocent: :whistle:

Given the choice, I'd rather sniff a collar than an armpit.

Daisy

(A Fragrant Little FLower)

Clive Long
11th-February-2005, 07:57 PM
Given the choice, I'd rather sniff a collar than an armpit.

Daisy

(A Fragrant Little FLower)

And when are you offered the choice?

LilyB
12th-February-2005, 01:27 AM
Might not be working Monday evening will TRY hard to get there. :clap: :yeah:
Under Par :flower:

:clap: :clap: :clap: See you there, Mr Par - and I'll be expecting a few dances. :yum:

LilyB

Lory
13th-February-2005, 11:17 PM

I'm coming too :na:

(wonder if ther'll be any freshly laundered shirts? :innocent: )

Will
14th-February-2005, 04:35 PM
Come and see if Will can get away with the same shirt 3 weeks in a row :eek:

I'm still trying to think of a good comeback to this, but it is elluding me. Perhaps I shall consult the "Arse of Smarts" and see if she can come up with something suitably cutting to respond to this joke telling ipod with...

Will
14th-February-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh, and tonights class will be special...

Divissima
14th-February-2005, 05:13 PM
Perhaps I shall consult the "Arse of Smarts" :really: I'm keeping out of this one.... :innocent:

and see if she can come up with something suitably cutting to respond to this joke telling ipod with...*ooooooh* chemise! Could this be a clash of the titans equal to the CJ/ChrisA rumble....?

Rhythm King
14th-February-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm coming :clap: and I shall wear a collared shirt, too :wink:

R-K :flower:

Divissima
14th-February-2005, 05:35 PM
'twill be an olefactory treat.....

Minnie M
14th-February-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm coming too :clap: :yeah:

Coming with Birthday Girl Sue - double birthday celebrations tonight :clap:

Looking forward to the birthday dance with R-K :drool:

Lory
14th-February-2005, 05:57 PM
Looking forward to the birthday dance with R-K :drool:
:yeah: :flower:

Minnie M
15th-February-2005, 02:53 AM
..........Coming with Birthday Girl Sue - double birthday celebrations tonight :clap:Looking forward to the birthday dance with R-K

Wow Wow and Wow - what a great night, both Sue and I really enjoyed the evening

A great double birthday dance - loved my bit with R-K, especially the group hug at the end :hug:

Great to meet Clive Long, thank for the dance, and my first dance ever with TWK :clap: great dance with Tony (as always) Dream dances with birthday boy and young Will - Thank you all for some wonderful dances

However, my last dance was definitely the best :worthy: - wow :drool: and wow :drool: again - thank you Gus :hug: :flower:

Forgot to mention why the dancing was so good - GREAT CHOONS :worthy: loved the music, thanks TWB :flower: :kiss: :hug:

LilyB
15th-February-2005, 02:54 AM
And a great night was had by all tonight! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The birthday boy & gal were swept off their feet by the hordes who had come to celebrate St Valentines' day with an evening of dancing to TWK's super-smooth tunes. Classic stuff, but only as the cool Mr Kenobe knows how!!! :worthy: You really know how to keep us coming back for more :drool:

LilyB

Andy McGregor
15th-February-2005, 03:10 AM
Sue got home a little while ago raving about how she had a fab time in Hammersmith :clap:

Now I'm going to be dragged out to London on a Monday too :waycool:

Lory
15th-February-2005, 11:08 AM
GREAT CHOONS :worthy: loved the music, thanks TWB :flower: :kiss: :hug: :yeah: I really loved the music Toby :worthy: and the venue has such a lovely intimate atmosphere! :)

I had some awesome dances, thanks guys (and Sparkles :) ) :hug:

Note for the girls... If a guy offers you advise on directions but you aready know where your going but they 'insist' they know better! Have confidence in yourself and stick to your guns! :waycool: I now know why Clive's second name is LONG! :rolleyes: :angry: :rofl:

ChrisA
15th-February-2005, 11:13 AM
And a great night was had by all tonight! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bah :tears:

Sparkles
15th-February-2005, 11:13 AM
Last night really was FAB!

Admittedly I was a tad late, having been stuck in traffic under the Hammersmith fly-over for a quarter of an hour :angry: but it was definitely worth the trip.
Thank you for the wonderful dances everyone, especially TwK, who was just dreamy :drool: to dance with - you'll have to get out from behind those decks more often!
Will has requested cakes for the next time I go to Jango on a Monday - somebody explain to him it's not a tea dance, please! :wink: (you know I'll see what I can do) FeelingPink and I are currently in negotiations over who's baking what for the next tea dance, we'll keep you posted!

Now the big question: Did your first ever Birthday dance *make* your Birthday Mr RK??!
You certainly looked like you were having a ball!

S. x

Minnie M
15th-February-2005, 11:19 AM
Bah :tears:

And where were you :tears: it was the only thing missing last night :sad:

ChrisA
15th-February-2005, 11:28 AM
And where were you :tears: it was the only thing missing last night :sad:
I had to taxi :tears:

Much as I get a kick out of taxiing, I'd much rather have been with you lot last night. :hug:

Jayne made me even more jealous when she told me all the people that were there... grrrrr :mad:

Jayne
15th-February-2005, 11:40 AM
:flower:

Jayne
15th-February-2005, 11:41 AM
And where were you [ChrisA] :tears: it was the only thing missing last night :sad:
:yeah: :flower:

Fab night last night! I had loads of wonderful dances with some great dancers! I think I danced with almost every man there!

It was so good I had to come out of forum retirement just to post about it - it really was that good!

Thank you to Will, Kate, Divi & Tweek for a great night, as always. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

J :grin:

Clive Long
15th-February-2005, 12:12 PM
Note for the girls... If a guy offers you advise on directions but you aready know where your going but they 'insist' they know better! Have confidence in yourself and stick to your guns! :waycool: I now know why Clive's second name is LONG! :rolleyes: :angry: :rofl:

Note for the guys

If a woman in a very fast sports car offers you a lift home, take the LONG view on it and find the most bunged up road you can.

Problem is, when you hit a bit of open road just shut your eyes and hide under the dash-board. You know it makes sense.

Minnie M
15th-February-2005, 12:27 PM
Note for the guys
If a woman in a very fast sports car offers you a lift home, take the LONG view on it and find the most bunged up road you can..........

Not just ANY woman - a gorgeous blond bombshell :waycool: :whistle: did I hear you complaining Mr.Long :whistle:

Lory
15th-February-2005, 12:43 PM
Problem is, when you hit a bit of open road just shut your eyes and hide under the dash-board. You know it makes sense.
WIMP! :rofl:

Not just ANY woman :hug: :hug:

Katie
15th-February-2005, 01:05 PM
Jango is the place to be! Last night was great!

Thank you to all the guys (and Sparkles) for all the lovely dances. :flower:

Fab tunes from TWK too...:worthy:

Kate

under par
15th-February-2005, 03:12 PM
Mrs Par and I had a wonderful time at Jango.

Lots and lots of superb dances with all of you, BIG BIG SORRY to those who we missed. :hug:

Apologies also to Lilyb for my little faux pas. :blush:

I will get you a new hairgrip. HONEST! :kiss: :whistle:

TWK EXCELLENT SET :yeah:

Nice to meet some Forum members for the first time Gus and Clive :cheers:

Can't wait to go again

Rhythm King
15th-February-2005, 07:23 PM
Last night really was FAB!

:yeah: What a complete blinder, I really enjoyed it.

A great double birthday dance - loved my bit with R-K, especially the group hug at the end :hug:

Now the big question: Did your first ever Birthday dance *make* your Birthday Mr RK??!
You certainly looked like you were having a ball!

Oh yes, absolutely! Thank you Ladies, individually and en masse! :worthy: :drool: , I had a blast and was still grinning about it when I got home and went to bed :waycool: :clap: :clap:

Thanks to TwK, Divi, Kate and Will for putting on a great night, what with the terrific tchoons, and fun class and decorations etc. (Although Lory, if you're reading this, remember - you don't like Love Hearts ok? :rofl: ). Drinking Australian Shiraz will never be the same again!

R-K :flower: :hug: :kiss:

Lory
15th-February-2005, 07:40 PM
:Although Lory, if you're reading this, remember - you don't like Love Hearts ok? :rofl:
:yeah: Yeah, I promptly remembered why I hadn't eaten any since I was a kid, the moment it went in my mouth! :sick:

Thank you to who ever handed me the ashtray? Sorry can't remember who it was, as I was gagging at the time! :blush: :tears:

Guessed recipe for 'Love Hearts'... Bicarbonate of Soda, salt, sugar and colouring! YUKK! :rofl:

Minnie M
15th-February-2005, 09:10 PM
........Thank you to who ever handed me the ashtray? Sorry can't remember who it was, as I was gagging at the time......

you're welcome :flower:

What did it say before it went into your mouth ?

Mary
15th-February-2005, 10:26 PM
Don't think I've ever had a better night! :flower: I don't think I could ask for anything more of an evening - about the closest thing to a perfect dance night I can think of (or am I going OTT those who were there?). Had all the best ingredients.

And TwK - you rock!!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

M

Zuhal
16th-February-2005, 10:28 AM
If I might venture a counter.

The night was everything described but I was there and felt thoroughly inferior. Spent a more than usual amount of time watching.

The Tunes are great but so challenging that when I had missed the break, by one beat, for the tenth time, I cut my losses and left.

For me as a very average Intermediate there was just too much pressure to perform. (note to self: must get better)

Zuhal :flower:

under par
16th-February-2005, 10:40 AM

The night was everything described but I was there and felt thoroughly inferior. Spent a more than usual amount of time watching.

The Tunes are great but so challenging that when I had missed the break, by one beat, for the tenth time, I cut my losses and left.

For me as a very average Intermediate there was just too much pressure to perform. (note to self: must get better)

Zuhal you are far too hard on yourself :devil:

You go to these events to dance, so do just that, DANCE :yeah:

As long as you give it your best, as you appear to do, then enjoy.!!!

Minnie M
16th-February-2005, 11:17 AM

The night was everything described but I was there and felt thoroughly inferior. Spent a more than usual amount of time watching......

Oh dear Zuhal, that is a real shame :sad:

True all the ladies were good to great dancers on Monday BUT........... they also all were genuine lovely girls and I am sure none of them would have made you feel inferior when dancing with them. Please please do ask, we never refused and it will give you experience and confidence you need to cope with challenging music.

big hugs :hug: :flower:

Lory
16th-February-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh dear Zuhal, that is a real shame :sad:

:yeah:
I wished you'd introduced yourself! :flower:

Anyway, we must have danced, cos I think I danced with 'everyone' that night. And I don't remember thinking 'anyone' was inferior :hug:

I'm sure I made a point of introducing myself to everyone I didn't already know during the class rotation? Then again, I probably said Lorraine and not Lory :rolleyes:

Gus
16th-February-2005, 02:17 PM
The night was everything described but I was there and felt thoroughly inferior. Spent a more than usual amount of time watching. Ditto ... but that in itself was a wonderfull experience

The Tunes are great but so challenging that when I had missed the break, by one beat, for the tenth time, I cut my losses and left.Only ten? I missed FAR more than that! It can be quite intimidating trying to please the likes of Kate, Mary, Yuko, Divissima etc .... but I've given up trying to dance to their level. I now dance to my level (while following the Oracle's approach of doing as little as posible) and I enjoy the dance far more. At the same time I've not yet been asked to leave so maybe the girls are having a reasonable time aswell.

The nice thing is that I dont think there is any expectation placed on you for a dance. To date I've found it extremely laid back. Long may it continue!

For me as a very average Intermediate there was just too much pressure to perform. (note to self: must get better).Resist. You dont have to get better ... by dancing in such company you will find yourslef getting better by natural osmosis ..... enjoy the company, the venue, the tunes, the cheap bar and the sight of Will wearing Ste's cast off clothing :wink:

Clive Long
16th-February-2005, 02:19 PM

<< snip >>

Zuhal

If I hit one break in the evening I do a lap of honour around the dance floor.

Then don't perform, dance with your partner you naughty boy.
The only time I was watching other people was when I wasn't dancing.

And everything that UP wrote.

See you there again. You ARE going aren't you ? :flower:

but avoid bomb-shells in fast cars

Clive

Sal
16th-February-2005, 02:28 PM
I think I danced with you - or at least someone that put themselves and their dancing down at every opportunity.

If it was you (were you wearing a maroon shirt?), then I really enjoyed my dance, and I am pretty sure I said so at the time. I wasn't being nice, it really was a good dance. There is much more to dancing than playing musical statues.

latinlover
16th-February-2005, 03:11 PM

Zuhal ,
I wasn't there & I don't know you or your dancing (at least I don't know you as your forum alter ego) BUT
I must say the first time I went to kent house I was at first blown away and intimidated(if you believe that you'll believe anything!)by the stellar quality of the average "punter" there, but we were made instantly welcome by everyone
and it instantly became my favourite place to dance.
As everyone is saying, stop putting so much pressure on yourself - I think you'll find that most ladies do not judge our dancing as harshly as we judge ourselves! And if anything ,I've found that the better the lady dancer , the less judgemental she is.So go ahead and dance with all those beautiful stars, to your own level,relax and you'll probably find you've improved without even trying that hard.
there was a quote on the forum a while ago from,I believe ,Eleanor Roosevelt , which went something along the lines of " no-one makes you feel inferior without your permision"

as for not hitting the breaks - so what?
If it matters to you , keep on trying and will get easier - everything takes practice
I would say the only reason not to keep going there is if you didn't LIKE the music, or the PEOPLE,

As a slight aside, I have been learning salsa over the last weeks,and IT IS HARD. but, using my knowledge of being a taxi dancer , I have steeled myself to ask mostly those ladies who seem to be the top dancers , and the difference in the experience is palpable. Rather than stumbling around the floor with a beginner lady who is having just as much trouble as me, I usually come away from a salsa night feeling that I have made at least SOME progress on last time
so . go ahead , ask them! :clap:

LilyB
16th-February-2005, 04:12 PM
...... I was there and felt thoroughly inferior. Spent a more than usual amount of time watching.

I think I asked you for a dance, Zuhal, and you very kindly obliged. You even made a nice comment at the end of it. Do I take it now that you didn't enjoy our dance? :tears: Or your dances with all the other women there? :tears: :tears: :tears:

As for hitting the breaks, with Tweek's music I cut my losses a long time ago and just don't try to look out for them anymore. :sick: :blush: Instead I try to dance to the style & mood of the music, in tune with my partner, and aware of others around me. Hitting the breaks is not a major concern for me, certainly not in social dancing. Just being able to dance to such varied & stimulating music is what does it for me. :waycool:

As for the pressure to perform, resist!, as Gus says. Instead, you should be taking advantage of the opportunity to dance with the fabulous ladies there - savour the experience! They are not there to perform, so why should you? At this particular venue, all of us there are really nice people and no one is out to cast a critical eye on other people's dancing. No one is measuring you up and no one will refuse to dance with you. It does not get much better than that! :clap:

So please do come back - and if you see me there, it's your turn to ask me for a dance! :wink:

LilyB

Minnie M
16th-February-2005, 05:31 PM
..........They are not there to perform, so why should you? At this particular venue, all of us there are really nice people and no one is out to cast a critical eye on other people's dancing. No one is measuring you up and no one will refuse to dance with you. It does not get much better than that! :clap:

:yeah: that's what's make this venue so special :worthy: there is no dance snobbery :clap:

Zuhal
16th-February-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the kind comments.

Gus has summed up my opinion pretty well.

I am not sure who everyone is but I did not dance with you Lily.

Next time I have the opportunity to go I will use all these positive suggestions

Zuhal

Mary
16th-February-2005, 09:56 PM
Zuhal, the first time I went to a T-dance at Kent House I felt very intimidated, but I thought 'what the hell' get out there and have fun to some great music.

I am still very shy about asking people to dance (even people I know!!!) - so I now try and make a point of asking one or two people I don't really know. If I don't come and ask you then please come and ask me - and I haven't a clue why I'm called scary Mary :wink:

I love the chilled atmosphere and get a buzz out of watching all the great dancers there. Sometimes I'd rather watch than dance. And it's easier to be sociable there than most other venues I've been to.

See you next Monday.

M

M

Lynn
16th-February-2005, 10:31 PM
I love the chilled atmosphere and get a buzz out of watching all the great dancers there. Sometimes I'd rather watch than dance. And it's easier to be sociable there than most other venues I've been to. Sounds like another place to add to my 'places to visit' list... of course mostly they are 'places to visit if I had a lot more money and time' but also 'if I'm ever in the area' places!

Clive Long
16th-February-2005, 11:14 PM
Sounds like another place to add to my 'places to visit' list... of course mostly they are 'places to visit if I had a lot more money and time' but also 'if I'm ever in the area' places!

I refer the honourable lady to her tag-line

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Andy McGregor
17th-February-2005, 02:11 AM
there was a quote on the forum a while ago from,I believe ,Eleanor Roosevelt , which went something along the lines of " no-one makes you feel inferior without your permision"
I put that quote on here and it is so true. That Zuhal is a keen dancer can not be in doubt. But the crowd at Kent House could be seen as a bit difficult to join - if you hadn't met them before :flower: They are lovely people who take their dancing and their music a bit more seriously than people at a Ceroc night. And they are, in my experience, keen to spread the word. Zuhal, keep going, please. Join in with them and you're dancing will improve. But, beware, you will never be the same again ...

ChrisA
17th-February-2005, 08:48 AM
I put that quote on here and it is so true. That Zuhal is a keen dancer can not be in doubt. But the crowd at Kent House could be seen as a bit difficult to join - if you hadn't met them before :flower: They are lovely people who take their dancing and their music a bit more seriously than people at a Ceroc night. And they are, in my experience, keen to spread the word. Zuhal, keep going, please. Join in with them and you're dancing will improve. But, beware, you will never be the same again ...
It's worrying, Andy's started posting things I agree with again... has an alien taken him over??? :)

But this is spot on, I reckon. :cheers:

It's become something of a forum crime to take dancing and music more seriously than at an average Ceroc night, if all the threads about hotshots, non-rotation, whether the MJDA is a good idea or not, etc, etc, are anything to go by, and I think that's a shame.

I say, good on Zuhal for two reasons... one is for going into a potentially intimidating environment at all (though the intimidation isn't real), and the second is for recognising where he's at.

I think anyone that wants to improve as a dancer will go through some form of this 'feeling inferior' thing. Some people will re-frame it and view the people that take it seriously as hotshots or 'up themselves' so as to make themselves feel less bad.

Others will take it as a positive thing, and use it to spur themselves on.

If improvement is what you want, Zuhal, I'd recommend the latter route :flower:

Lynn
17th-February-2005, 11:00 AM
I refer the honourable lady to her tag-line Was actually thinking of changing that soon! Its true, but 20 years is a long way off, and the day to day work is taking up way too much time :tears: I'm going to make a determined effort to get a better balance after the summer.... or next year... or 2007.... :tears:

under par
17th-February-2005, 11:33 AM
Was actually thinking of changing that soon! Its true, but 20 years is a long way off, and the day to day work is taking up way too much time :tears: I'm going to make a determined effort to get a better balance after the summer.... or next year... or 2007.... :tears:

why don't you be a PROCRASTINATOR tommorrow :whistle:

Lynn
17th-February-2005, 02:37 PM
why don't you be a PROCRASTINATOR tommorrow :whistle: :rofl: I know!
Going away somewhere dancing is so fab as all the hassles of work and commitments go on hold for a couple of days... so I must plan a long weekend sometime and make sure I visit Jango!

Will
28th-February-2005, 12:12 PM
:cheers: Come to Jango tonight! :cheers:

There will be something a little bit special tonight, but you're gonna have to come along to find out what it is..... :wink:

Feelingpink
28th-February-2005, 04:59 PM

There will be something a little bit special tonight, but you're gonna have to come along to find out what it is..... :wink:

You are SUCH a tease. :devil: Did you know the Oracle's favourite move in the lesson yesterday was nicking your pint - can you do better than that? :wink:

Divissima
28th-February-2005, 06:00 PM

There will be something a little bit special tonight, but you're gonna have to come along to find out what it is..... :wink:*gasp* not....... a new shirt :confused: :eek:

Gus
28th-February-2005, 07:06 PM
*gasp* not....... a new shirt :confused: :eek:*gasp* not....... a shirt that matches his trousers (or complexion) :confused: :eek:

Lory
28th-February-2005, 07:17 PM
*gasp* not....... a shirt that matches his trousers (or complexion) :confused: :eek:Nahhhhh! I think your all barking up the wrong tree..... :rolleyes:

It's obvious really, you know how everybody raves about the T Dances!

Well, Will's been in the kitchen baking cakes! :D :whistle:

Will
7th-March-2005, 01:00 PM
Those of you who came last week will remember that we had a little surprise which turned out to be a stunning performance from Clayton and Janine.

Well our resident DJ - "Mr Toby Wan Kenobe" wasn't so impressed and thought he could do better. So this week we have Kenobe break dancing to Ali G's "Me Julie".

May I just warn you all though that after a weekend in Blackpool (The Sequin Capital of the World), it's quite likely that TWK is going to turn up tonight looking like some form of Chemical WMD.

Come at your own risk....

Chicklet
7th-March-2005, 03:13 PM
sooo...if a country bumpkin was ever in the "Victoria" area (Chapter St, SW1P)...would they be able to manoever themselves to and from Jango safely and relatively straightforwardly on the tubular ???????
C :grin:

TheTramp
7th-March-2005, 03:20 PM
sooo...if a country bumpkin was ever in the "Victoria" area (Chapter St, SW1P)...would they be able to manoever themselves to and from Jango safely and relatively straightforwardly on the tubular ???????
C :grin:
Without reference to a tube map, and solely from memory, I believe that Victoria tube station is on the Circle/District lines. As is Hammersmith tube station. It's then a 5 minute walk to Kent House (Map of Hammersmith (http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=522750&y=178750&z=1&sv=522750,178750&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf)) which is in Rutland Grove, just a little south west (right and down) of the tube station.

Shouldn't take more than about 15-20 minutes....

Divissima
7th-March-2005, 03:24 PM
C :grin:Should be fairly straightforward - District line direct from Victoria to Hammersmith, then a five minute walk from the tube (happy to provide directions and a mobile number for en route assistance).

How exciting, Chicklet! When will you be in London? :grin:

Chicklet
7th-March-2005, 03:33 PM
Should be fairly straightforward - District line direct from Victoria to Hammersmith, then a five minute walk from the tube (happy to provide directions and a mobile number for en route assistance).

How exciting, Chicklet! When will you be in London? :grin:

only at "possible" stage at the mo, looking at a seminar on 19th April and scheming schemes in my head.......soooo if I got out of the tube and saw a girl with BRIGHTREDDANCETROUSERS on, five mins away in the distance....and then she never sat down or stood still long enough for a girl in a BRIGHTREDDANCEDRESS to actually SPEAK to her :rofl: , might that be you? :D

Divissima
7th-March-2005, 04:26 PM
soooo if I got out of the tube and saw a girl with BRIGHTREDDANCETROUSERS on, five mins away in the distance....and then she never sat down or stood still long enough for a girl in a BRIGHTREDDANCEDRESS to actually SPEAK to her :rofl: , might that be you? :D :blush: :blush: :blush: that'd be me, alright :devil: So sorry we didn't get to meet :tears: I think I recognise the description of the BRIGHTREDDANCEDRESS though, so I'll make sure we meet next time.

As well as standing still, I'd probably have to stop shouting and cheering for long enough for us to have a conversation :really: :blush: Still husky today.

Fingers crossed for a Chicklet visit to Jango very soon :flower:

Feelingpink
8th-March-2005, 01:13 AM
Fingers crossed for a Chicklet visit to Jango very soon :flower:

You SO need to visit. Just ask Lory. :wink:

Lory
8th-March-2005, 01:18 AM
You SO need to visit. Just ask Lory. :wink:
:yeah: Thanks to Gus and Feeling pink, I was able to act out a life long fantasy at Jango tonight! :yum: :D

Lory
14th-March-2005, 08:50 AM
Is it on tonight :flower:

Feelingpink
14th-March-2005, 10:21 AM
Is it on tonight :flower:

Well, if it's not, there are going to be a lot of extras at the bingo ... :wink:

Divissima
14th-March-2005, 10:50 AM
Is it on tonight :flower:Absolutely! It would be great to see you there Lory :grin:

LilyB
14th-March-2005, 10:52 AM
It's definitely on tonight - Will needs the exercise :whistle: .

Myself & the Oracle will be there, as usual. :flower:

LilyB

Will
14th-March-2005, 11:12 AM
Just to say that, tonights Jango IS on. Furthermore, to ensure that I do indeed get enough exercise, Kate and I will be knocking out a little cabaret at about 10pm.

See y'all later :cheers:

Will

Rhythm King
14th-March-2005, 01:27 PM
Just to say that, tonights Jango IS on. Furthermore, to ensure that I do indeed get enough exercise, Kate and I will be knocking out a little cabaret at about 10pm.

See y'all later :cheers:

Will

Does that involve a glass of Australian Shiraz on side of the dance floor then? :whistle:

Haven't danced for a week due to a cold and other things :tears:
Hoping to make it tonight, work permitting - see you all there!

R-K :clap: :cheers:

Sparkles
14th-March-2005, 02:14 PM
Sal and I will be heading down for some much anticipated freestyle dancing, and if you ask us nicely we may even bring some cakes (but you'll have to share cos there aren't many left (thanks to Mr R-K :whistle: ) :wink:

S. x :flower:

Lory
15th-March-2005, 08:57 PM
Kate and I will be knocking out a little cabaret at about 10pm.

Just want to say, I thought it was fab :waycool:

It'll be even better next time when your both dressed! :wink: