PDA

View Full Version : Places to go after a Ceroc night (or, is £5.50 too much for a coffee?)

El Salsero Gringo
8th-February-2005, 01:58 AM
Following a disreputable episode this evening where one particular venue manager and DJ was kept locked outside a pizza restaurant while the rest of his group (including his partner!) were inside (don't worry Robin, I have the manageress's name and there *will* be letters) Eric and I thought it would be nice to have a thread where people could recommend cafes and/or pubs near regular Ceroc nights or party nights that are prepared to welcome groups of dancers.

So if you know anywhere that stays open late and has standards of service that could be described as even half decent, and a minimum charge per person of less that £5.50 - please post the details here.

As a starter for ten, there's a cafe/bakery across the road from Ashtons (and to the left a bit) that's open late on Saturdays, possibly midweek too. It's a bit down-at-heel, but the cakes are nice.

Banana Man
8th-February-2005, 02:07 AM
The alternative title for this thread is "Is £5.50 too much for a coffee?" as that's the minimum cover charge (not advertised) that ASK want to charge Finchley Cerocers, even when they are sat with other people eating. :tears:

The other thing I hate is salads - I'd much prefer a good grease up after a night dancing. I know the south coast is better for gourmet grease, but in the burbs it's far too healthy. :what:

So, anyone know any good late night caffs??

Andy McGregor
8th-February-2005, 02:11 AM
There is no Ceroc in Brighton*. But if there was we'd go to the all night diner, also called the Market Cafe - it's open from 10pm 'til 10am and serves the largest mega-gutbuster you've ever seen. Even The Tramp has trouble eating a whole one.

*Brighton dancers don't need Ceroc to do the bouncy hand. And they don't need to have their smoky venues either** :sick: :whistle:

**The Market Diner is a smoking venue*** :sick:

***But the health risk is not the smoke, it's leaving your hands near The Tramp's food while he's eating :whistle:

Lory
8th-February-2005, 10:34 AM
So if you know anywhere that stays open late and has standards of service that could be described as even half decent, and a minimum charge per person of less that £5.50 - please post the details here.

Lorenzo Ahir (http://www.placetoeat.co.uk/ahir.lorenzos.htm) is quite nice, very laid back and cosmopolitan, you can just have a coffee or something to eat as well and you can even get up and have a dance if you like? :wink:

I'm not sure what time it closes midweek but it's always open when I pass.

At the weekend its a different story, you have to get in there before midnight as it gets so packed they have to turn people away but I think it remains open as long as people are still buying drinks :)