PDA

View Full Version : Children In Need

John S
14th-November-2002, 10:14 PM
Just a thought - as it's the Aberdeen Party tomorrow night, and as the Children in Need appeal is (also) in full swing then, are there any plans to do something for the appeal at the Party?

EG

An extra 50p on the admission money to go to the appeal

An auction for a slow smoochy dance with Bill (or Lisa or Sheena or whoever).

A collection to get Curtain onto the dancefloor (or Franck to sing)

A raffle to win the man / lady of choice (or possibly just free drinks) for the entire evening

Any other suggestions, and are any of them likely to be adopted?

Tiggerbabe
15th-November-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by John S
Just a thought - as it's the Aberdeen Party tomorrow night, and as the Children in Need appeal is (also) in full swing then, are there any plans to do something for the appeal at the Party?

EG

An extra 50p on the admission money to go to the appealGREAT IDEA!

An auction for a slow smoochy dance with Bill (or Lisa or Sheena or whoever).UNFORTUNATELY I MAY NOT RAISE MUCH MONEY - HOWEVER I WOULD GLADLY PAY TO GET THE BTC BILL PLUS THE DANCEFLOOR ALL TO MYSELF....
A collection to get Curtain onto the dancefloor (or Franck to sing)CONCENTRATE ON CURTAIN (CAN FRANCK SING?)
A raffle to win the man / lady of choice (or possibly just free drinks) for the entire eveningOOOH - CONCENTRATE ON THE DRINK, BUT WE'D NEED A MAN OF SUBSTANCE TO FUND THIS - FRANCK (WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM THE MANAGER OF THE HOTEL)?
Any other suggestions, and are any of them likely to be adopted? I'M QUITE SURE, AFTER YOUR COMMENTS ON THE OTHER THREAD, THAT YOU MIGHT GE MORE SUGGESTIONS THAN YOU ARE BARGAINING FOR............ HOW ABOUT £1 A SLAP?

John S
15th-November-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
I'M QUITE SURE, AFTER YOUR COMMENTS ON THE OTHER THREAD, THAT YOU MIGHT GET MORE SUGGESTIONS THAN YOU ARE BARGAINING FOR............ HOW ABOUT £1 A SLAP?

Surely you're not suggesting there will be any slappers at the party, are you????:na: :na:

(Urgently need a smiley showing "runs for cover")

Sandy
15th-November-2002, 09:15 AM

EG

A collection to get Curtain onto the dancefloor (or Franck to sing)

A raffle to win the man / lady of choice (or possibly just free drinks) for the entire evening

Any other suggestions, and are any of them likely to be adopted?

Sounds like a few excellent suggestions but you may lose the DJ forever with threats of dancing!

Sandy:wink:

Franck
15th-November-2002, 01:55 PM
Just a thought - as it's the Aberdeen Party tomorrow night, and as the Children in Need appeal is (also) in full swing then, are there any plans to do something for the appeal at the Party?Hi John,

Fabulous idea! I had not realised that tonight was Children in need at all!
I have been on the phone to them and we are getting one of their events packs.
I like the idea of charging an extra 50pence at the door, for starters :wink:

Lorna and I are looking into something a bit more fun / cheeky along the lines of what you are suggesting above (I take it you are game for anything :devil: ).

Any more suggestions in the meantime are very welcome!

Franck.

Sandy
15th-November-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Hi John,

Lorna and I are looking into something a bit more fun / cheeky along the lines of what you are suggesting above (I take it you are game for anything :devil: ).

Franck.

Well John your reputation goes before you! maybe a spot of belly dancing???

See you tonight:wink:

Sandy

Bill
15th-November-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Sandy

Well John your reputation goes before you! maybe a spot of belly dancing???

See you tonight:wink:

Sandy

Well we all wait with bated breath.................:wink: ...does this mean the chance to dress up then ????:D :yum: ........

Damn where did I put my shoes :tears: :(

Franck
17th-November-2002, 01:29 PM

Well John??? Where were you?
After reading your suggestions in here, Lorna and I decided to go for it!

So last Friday, after a quick visit to the BBC studios in Aberdeen to pick up the fund-raising pack, we placed a big bright red bucket at the front desk and asked everyone to contribute an extra 50pence for Children in need. Needless to say, everyone was more than generous, and a few bank notes were thrown in without hesitation... :nice: Great to see such generosity.

That was not all though, following your second suggestions, we approached a few volunteers to offer themselves for auction...
A big thank you to Sandy, Rona and Sheena on the girls side, and to Rod, Niall and Bill on the boys side, for offering your body for one dance... You were great sports, especially when the highest bid for Niall turned out to be from Rod... Great dance guys, especially those Bluesy / sexy moves (was it really just the knees touching? :wink: )

Overall, we raised around £160.00, which I decided to round up to £200.00.
Not bad at all.

So once again, thanks to all of you who contributed and joined in, and John, you owe us one :wink:

Franck.

Fran
17th-November-2002, 01:39 PM
You were great sports, especially when the highest bid for Niall turned out to be from Rod... Great dance guys, especially those Bluesy / sexy moves (was it really just the knees touching? :wink: )

Franck. totally agree with you there Frank!:nice: :nice:
I was'nt dancing too much on friday - (recovering from not being too well ) and watching the impromptu bid for Niall from Rod and their dance was the funniest thing I had seen for ages - a great pick me up - it was Fab!!! And it was clear that everyone else thought so too. You really had to be there to see it.

fran.
:nice:

Tiggerbabe
17th-November-2002, 01:50 PM
To everyone who was in Aberdeen on Friday night - a huge thankyou. It was one of the best parties I've been to and the Dundee MAd crew had a great time.

My one regret is that the gentleman who was bidding for me - against Niall - left early and I never got the chance to dance with him - no idea who he was.

Big thanks to Niall for the after party coffee and toast - AWESOME!:grin: :grin:

Thanks to Dennis for a fab dance and to Niall for not minding when I danced with Rod instead of him.....

And a huge well done to Rod who must have spent a fortune....

And a huge thanks to Franck and Lorna for making it such fun - and Franck - the music was great.........

Rapture and
Moi Lollita,

Superb!:D

Now what penalty does John Simpson have to pay for NOT attending? :na: :na:

Heather
17th-November-2002, 05:51 PM
:D Sorry to correct you, Franck, but wasn't it Brady, Niall and Bill who offered their bodies for one dance!!!!:wink:
It was a brilliant night, loved every minute, and had a few fantastic dances with you Franck!!!! You, to my mind are what dance is all about, Fun ,Enthusiasm, Energy Great moves..... but that's another thread and I'll make my list soon!!!! :wink: :wink:
Can't wait till Saturday !!!!!!:wink: :wink:
:cheers:
Heather,
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

John S
18th-November-2002, 02:37 AM
Well John??? Where were you? .....
you owe us one :wink:

Sorry, fully intended to come, had my Pudsey Bear costume brushed and ready, with the pockets stuffed with counterfeit money to bid for a dance with Bill, but something else came up (don't ask!).

Now what penalty does John Simpson have to pay for NOT attending? :na: :na:

OK Sheena, here's a scary (but serious) suggestion - you think of a forfeit that will raise some money for Children in Need - or your favourite charity, and I'll do it (errrrr, I'll consider it .............errrr, I'll think about it ........errrr, I'll consult my solicitor )

My one regret is that the gentleman who was bidding for me - against Niall - left early and I never got the chance to dance with him - no idea who he was.

What a fool - paid his money and didn't take delivery of the goods!!!! Does that mean you've been put back on the shelf, sweetie? Did he check the sell-by date or something?
:na: :na:

Sandy
18th-November-2002, 07:39 PM
Well John??? Where were you?

we approached a few volunteers to offer themselves for auction...
A big thank you to Sandy, Rona and Sheena on the girls side, and to Rod, Niall and Bill on the boys side, for offering your body for one dance... You were great sports, especially when the highest bid for Niall turned out to be from Rod... Great dance guys, especially those Bluesy / sexy moves (was it really just the knees touching? :wink: )

Franck.

What a night! No idea what I was letting myself in for but what fun - even managed a "double trouble" for the first time - thanks Niall for your patience! Thanks Rod and anyone else who bid for me - it was a really good cause and well worth the embarrassment!

Had a lot of great dances - those steps, what can I say! Thanks to the guys who led them so well:wink: :kiss: Might have got a bit carried away but it was that kind of night:sorry

Roll on Saturday!

You missed yourself John :na:

Sandy:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
18th-November-2002, 07:40 PM
What a fool - paid his money and didn't take delivery of the goods!!!! Does that mean you've been put back on the shelf, sweetie? Did he check the sell-by date or something?
:na: :na:

Not at all John, had you been there you would realise that he couldn't afford me:wink: :wink:

Niall won the battle in the end but I still felt I should have danced with the charming (and very astute judge of character!) gentleman in question.

Are you suggesting my sell-by date is in sight, young man?:reallymad :na:

John S
18th-November-2002, 08:10 PM
[B]

Are you suggesting my sell-by date is in sight, young man?:reallymad :na:

Only if you look over your shoulder, sweetness.

(God, I believe in living dangerously, don't I!)

:kiss:

(Love the "young man" bit, though - dripping with irony, eh?)

Tiggerbabe
18th-November-2002, 08:24 PM

Only if you look over your shoulder, sweetness.
[ /QUOTE]

At you, standing on the sidelines presumably? :na:

[QUOTE]
(Love the "young man" bit, though - dripping with irony, eh?)

Yup, all the girls love "young man" bits:wink: :wink:

John S
18th-November-2002, 08:45 PM
Think Sheena and I will be "taking it outside", soon (Can't wait!) Your cakes were fabby, honey - all eaten by the time I got home on Saturday!!!!

Seriously, I am really pleased that so much money was raised for Children in Need and that the whole idea was successful. Many thanks to Franck and Lorna for organising it at the last minute, to all the auctioned slaves and bidders for participating, and to everyone who contributed. Well done.
:cheers: