PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think it's safe ...

Feelingpink
6th-February-2005, 12:16 AM
... to have a non-dancing night, you discover there's no such thing. After a week that has included Ashtons fund-raiser tea dance, a social gathering of MJers, Jango, possibly my favourite Hipsters Fat Friday Freestyle of all time (for a myriad of reasons :wink: ) and the possibility of tango tomorrow night ... I think that a night at the theatre will be a break from all this dancing. It's the National Theatre. It's a performance about death. Staid, sensible stuff, no? No. In the middle of a sloping stage of gravestones, church chairs and carrier bags, the three actors launch into parody-style dancing with aerials - imagine Rena meets Amir in a crash and burn circus. It prompted a terrific round of applause and they all looked rather pleased with themselves, especially the man who later made brilliant sound effects of a boiling kettle and portable radio.

Anyone else tried and failed to 'escape' dancing (not that we would want to, of course? :whistle: )

Andy McGregor
6th-February-2005, 12:32 AM
Anyone else tried and failed to 'escape' dancing (not that we would want to, of course? :whistle: )

Having danced 10 nights in the last 11 I've had another night off. Sue and I had a Chinese take-away with the kids, watched two movies, lit a log fire, fell asleep in front of the TV and didn't dance or watch any dancing all night.

Tomorrow I'm practicing for Blackpool and then running a tea-dance for fans of dancing and tea :flower:

Banana Man
6th-February-2005, 02:56 AM
Having danced 10 nights in the last 11 I've had another night off. Sue and I had a Chinese take-away with the kids, watched two movies, lit a log fire, fell asleep in front of the TV and didn't dance or watch any dancing all night.

Tomorrow I'm practicing for Blackpool and then running a tea-dance for fans of dancing and tea :flower:

What, no cake! :eek: :tears:

Andy McGregor
6th-February-2005, 11:06 AM
What, no cake! :eek: :tears:

There will be a selection of cakes, including fairy :whistle: , flapjack, triangular sandwiches, flapjack and biccies, coffee, iced water with lemon and a choice of different types of tea.

I just didn't say all that because Franck would think I was advertising and remove my post. Now it's too late to make much/any difference I expect he won't bother :flower:

Feelingpink
6th-February-2005, 11:21 AM
There will be a selection of cakes, including fairy :whistle: , flapjack, triangular sandwiches, flapjack and biccies, coffee, iced water with lemon and a choice of different types of tea.

YUM! If you have Lapsang, then I'm ditching tango and visiting you. Please PM with details! :flower:

Minnie M
6th-February-2005, 11:33 AM
YUM! If you have Lapsang, then I'm ditching tango and visiting you. Please PM with details! :flower:

:yeah: I'll be there - please come :kiss: :hug: :flower:

Andy McGregor
6th-February-2005, 11:39 AM
Of course there will be Lapsang.

And, I forgot to mention, there will be the Sunday papers - Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without them!