PDA

View Full Version : What do you people do ?

Dreadful Scathe
14th-November-2002, 02:23 PM
What do you people hanging around on the forums all day actually do for a living. I think we ought to know.

Course I just have regular breaks from my busy schedule :).

Emma
14th-November-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
What do you people hanging around on the forums all day actually do for a living.

It's a scandalous slur..I was just passing!! :innocent:

Franck
14th-November-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Emma
It's a scandalous slur..I was just passing!! :innocent: Not fixed your car yet then? :wink:

Me, I hang out on the Forum for a living :na: It's a tough job, but someone has to do it :cheers:

As an aside Emma, I wonder if you ever considered showing some of your prints at a Ceroc night!? If Boogie steps can sell shoes, why not sell dance-inspired prints on a dance night! :waycool:
As long as I can get one of the prints as commission :yum:

Franck.

CJ
14th-November-2002, 02:40 PM
As a Ceroc employee, it's important for me to, em, uh, well, er, mmm.

Aha. Keep abreast of the pulse and see what's going down and keeping my ears peeled to the ground so I can best respond to the public demands (though, lynching is one I try to avoid.)

Lorna
14th-November-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure what to put down, help me out Franck!

I'm a music teacher but am on a career break at the moment. Now a full time domestic goddess and mum to my gorgeous wee tootie, Lauren. She sleeps for at least 3 hours throughout the day which means that I can surf all day. We actually had to get one of those monthly packages to pay for all my web surfing.

Oh yeah also a ceroc teacher! :wink:

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Dreadful Scathe
14th-November-2002, 03:28 PM
i think you just demonstrated what to do if theres no correct option :) it'll be interesting to read the broad range of backgrounds :)

Bill
14th-November-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Lorna
I'm not sure what to put down, help me out Franck!

I'm a music teacher but am on a career break at the moment. Now a full time domestic goddess and mum to my gorgeous wee tootie, Lauren. She sleeps for at least 3 hours throughout the day which means that I can surf all day. We actually had to get one of those monthly packages to pay for all my web surfing.

lotsa love Lorna x-x Lorna..............:rolleyes: :yum: .............what with the comments you made on the other thread about not going down etc.... those who don't know you will get completely the wrong impression :grin:

Or is it all change since the birth ? All this web surfing .... we tell our students off for that kind of thing !

And although I'm also in education ( I teach as part of my job) most of my time is spent in my office so I have to time to check. But it's legit ( honest) we cna use the internet during our breaks and at lunchtime. :na: :D

Stuart M
14th-November-2002, 03:42 PM
Here's an embarrassing fact I just worked out: the top 20 posters account for about 75% of all the posts on the Forum...:sorry

Interestingly that 20 includes the only 2 people who ever said "Oi! Get back to work!" in posts to the Forum, if I recall correctly :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-November-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M

Interestingly that 20 includes the only 2 people who ever said "Oi! Get back to work!" in posts to the Forum, if I recall correctly :wink:

i have no idea what you mean :)

Emma
14th-November-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Franck

As an aside Emma, I wonder if you ever considered showing some of your prints at a Ceroc night!? If Boogie steps can sell shoes, why not sell dance-inspired prints on a dance night! :waycool:
As long as I can get one of the prints as commission :yum:

Franck.

As it happens, I've been thinking of doing exactly that. I'd love to have a show which turned into a dance night...hadn't thought of doing a Boogie Steps though..interesting...:grin:

Emma
14th-November-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
"Oi! Get back to work!" in posts to the Forum, if I recall correctly :wink:

Guilt transferrance!! :wink: :wink:

Keith
14th-November-2002, 08:11 PM
As I am self employed & a partner in Chance 2 Dance, I also feel it my duty to keep abreast of what's new in the dance world.
Also starting a brand new dance venture, which hopefully will help bring the dance world together as one harmonious family. A little like everyone on this forum :wink:
Think of me as the UN of dance, trying to make it a happier world :kiss:
Mind you it does take about an hour out of the day, any accountants out there, that can make this tax deductible.
Keith :cheers:

Graham
14th-November-2002, 11:03 PM
Aha - caught you voting yourself a studious student, xxxxx. All I can say is, not on the evidence of last week. :wink:

Wendy
14th-November-2002, 11:08 PM
Some of you may have seen the TV show on BBC2 called the Life Laundry - well that is what I do - except I don't have a crusher and a team of people to help behind the scenes !!

For those of you who haven't seen it, I help people declutter (garages, lofts, offices ... sock drawers and cupboards under the stairs !! ) and then design practical storage solutions to help them stay organised.

So if you need stylish storage for all those dancing shoes, give me a calll - discount for CEROCers of course :wink:

Wx
Organised Living

Jayne
14th-November-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Aha - caught you voting yourself a studious student, xxxxx. All I can say is, not on the evidence of last week. :wink:

I got three hours sleep monday night because I was up most of the night working - is that not being studious? :wink:

OK, OK. I know. I've learnt my lesson...

Jayne
:nice:

Sandy
15th-November-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
What do you people hanging around on the forums all day actually do for a living. I think we ought to know.

Well I am a part time forum chatter. Work 3 days a week in a very conventional office which has just got access to the internet:grin: Up till now I usually only go on the forum the 2 days I don't work but now I run the risk of getting sacked as I will be "dropping in" the other 3 days. :na:

Cheers

Sandy

Lou
15th-November-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
I help people declutter (garages, lofts, offices ... sock drawers and cupboards under the stairs !! ) and then design practical storage solutions to help them stay organised.

Ooooh! Wendy! I could do with you for my under the stairs area! :wink: :what: (oops - that sounds far ruder than it's meant to!)

I've worked in IT for about 13 years (which is very scary when it's put like that). I'm now a project leader, speciallising in Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing, but I used to be a web designer, until it stopped paying good money! :tears: I miss the design element of that job.

Curtain
15th-November-2002, 11:18 AM
I'm a wanna-be web designer, but after Lou's comment I think a change of vocation is in order. I'm meant to be studying, but finding it soul destroying - might change my perspective as a result.

I hear technical authoring pays well ... erm, I mean ... can be professionally satisfying. I'll really have to forget about this website and get on with reality.

Forums! Threads! Posts! Arrgh! It's becoming an entity onto itself, a culture, a community, a way of life. I think I need help!! Will everyone stop posting? Please??

Will
15th-November-2002, 03:02 PM
I work for a company that offers 3rd party network solutions.

I am a network Security engineer, working with Firewalls and the like.

Lou
15th-November-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Curtain
I'm a wanna-be web designer, but after Lou's comment I think a change of vocation is in order.
I think it depends on what parts you do - if you're into the real techie stuff & happy to code in VML, etc., and concentrate on lots of the back-end stuff like databases & security, you'll get paid a fortune. It's just the nice pretty stuff, plus the usability aspect, that I used to concentrate on, that's now not as valuable. Shame, really, 'cos there's some bloody awful websites out there (not this one, though, thanks Franck! :wink: )

Dreadful Scathe
15th-November-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Lou

I've worked in IT for about 13 years (which is very scary when it's put like that). I'm now a project leader, speciallising in Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing, but I used to be a web designer, until it stopped paying good money! :tears: I miss the design element of that job.

Cool. I do Business Intelligence stuff too but I also teach. Im an Oracle database biased designer/programmer.

Oh I notice we got a lazy student to admit it :)

Alfie
16th-November-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi All,
I'm a Mechanical Engineer, (spanner wrangler) in a large third tier auto-motive press shop.
None of this sitting arround all day watching a V.D.U blinking on and off, shining the bum of my trousers in a big comfie chair.
Although I think all you techies probably do a valuable job for someone somewhere.

Dancing Veela
18th-November-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Some of you may have seen the TV show on BBC2 called the Life Laundry - well that is what I do - except I don't have a crusher and a team of people to help behind the scenes !!

Wendy - here was me thinking you (and Rachel...oh an Jayne - not to mention Heather) were my long lost twin sister - but now it appears this cannot possibly be the case!!!!!!!

I LOVE this program and want the book for my Christmas!!!!! So we have the Life Laundry and the Domestic Goddess (Love this program also) - all we need is What Not to Wear and I'm sorted!!!! (Well apart from Sex in the City!!!! - which we obviously have covered already)!

As for what I do - I'm a software product manager - there that says it all!!!!

Wendy
18th-November-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Wendy - here was me thinking you (and Rachel...oh an Jayne - not to mention Heather) were my long lost twin sister - but now it appears this cannot possibly be the case!!!!!!!

Of course it's possible !!! We don't need to be identical twins do we :wink: ????

Wx

Fran
19th-November-2002, 04:11 PM
I was a Retail designer for 10 years then decided to have a career change and went back to studying. went to university for 4 years to study education. i am design Technology teacher at secondary school - teaching hormoal adolesants wood work/metal work/graphics and technology. I really enjoy it and think its great to actualy get coffee and lunch breaks! did not have muchof those in industry! I am doing a Masters in Dyslexia - pet subject - well apart form blues & dancing of course!

Like Lorna I am also a mum to Jamie 9 and Jessica 6 - but when mine were little they never slept that much! :tears:

Oh and I surf far to much when I am supposed to be working - I hasten to add from my home computor not at school when I am teaching my cherubs the ins and outs of "riviting"!!

fran:nice:

Fran
19th-November-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Lorna
mum to my gorgeous wee tootie, Lauren. She sleeps for at least 3 hours throughout the day which means that I can surf all day. We actually had to get one of those monthly packages to pay for all my web surfing.

lotsa love Lorna x-x

forgot to add Lornas quote to my last post!!

- perhaps should add being a bit forgetful as well

fran

SwingSwingSwing
19th-November-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Fran
teaching wood work/metal work/graphics and technology.

Fran,

Can you lay floorboards? Cos I need some replacing!

I'm an IT techie sort of person. At work I mess about with computers, doing support and development work listening to swing music.

At home, I mess about with computers doing support and development work, listening to swing music and watching tele. :)

SwingSwingSwing

Dreadful Scathe
19th-November-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing

At work I mess about with computers doing support and development work listening to swing music.

At home, I mess about with computers doing support and development work listening to swing music and watching tele. :)

sheesh - you do more work at home :D

Alfie
19th-November-2002, 08:59 PM
Donsn't any body out there have a non techie related job :D
Like working on the delli in tescos or in a shoe shop or god forbid in a factory?:confused:
It seems like evey body is either a techie or a teacher!:yum:

Tiggerbabe
19th-November-2002, 10:11 PM
Well Alfie - don't know if this counts but sometimes it feels exactly like a factory (worked in a few of those during summer hols when a student:tears: :tears: ).

I work in the Benefits Overpayments Team of the Local Council Office - having recently been promoted from the Recovery Department of the same Council - Both highly popular jobs with the public as you can imagine............:mad: The main perk is that the office is only 5 minutes from my house and it means I can come home at lunchtime having collected my younger son from school (and also walk the dog).

However :sorry I am also a qualified primary school teacher (long time ago!)

My sister works in Tesco's though:D :D

Fran
19th-November-2002, 10:20 PM

Fran,

Can you lay floorboards? Cos I need some replacing!

SwingSwingSwing

urmm yes I can....... but, I am afraid I have a humongous list of to do jobs here, one of which includes finally finishing off building my wall around the house which I said I would do this summer ...but did'nt quite get around to it before the weather has set in again..... funny but I found myself in the same position last year!

I have this passion you see - it called dancing and it kind of gets in the way of the jobs to do list:sick: :sick:

fran

CJ
20th-November-2002, 02:06 AM
Swing, Swing, Swing.

Remember, floorboards are like men: lay them right the first time and you can walk all over them for years!!

Mmm, is Fran the help you need?:what:

Fran
20th-November-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Swing, Swing, Swing.

Remember, floorboards are like men: lay them right the first time and you can walk all over them for years!!

Mmm, is Fran the help you need?:what:

Petal - what are you suggesting???:what: :what:

x

Sandy
20th-November-2002, 08:11 PM
Swing, Swing, Swing.

Quote of the year I think Fran!

Admirer

Sandy::nice:

Alfie
20th-November-2002, 08:41 PM
My My,
That sounds like nearly a proper job. Does your sister who works in Tescos dance aswell as having a proper job.:na:

Fran
20th-November-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Sandy

Quote of the year I think Fran!

Admirer

Sandy::nice:

it is quite amusing - still trying to figure out wether its a positive or a negiative one though!:confused:

I can think of several come backs but they are definatley not for such a public forum - maybe the other one:wink:

fran:nice:

TheTramp
20th-November-2002, 09:12 PM
definatley not for such a public forum - maybe the other one
What? A more exciting forum?? Or shouldn't I ask? :yum: :wink: :sorry

Steve

Fran
21st-November-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp

What? A more exciting forum?? Or shouldn't I ask? :yum: :wink: :sorry

Steve

perhaps not - I will ruin my reputation forever! well, either that or live up to it.:kiss:

see you saturday

fran

Tiggerbabe
21st-November-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Alfie
Does your sister who works in Tescos dance aswell as having a proper job.:na:

No - not any more - we used to do Highland dancing together but she gave it all up for men, cigarettes and alcohol :wink:

:cheers:

CJ
21st-November-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Fran

Petal - what are you suggesting???:what: :what:

x

em, if you'll excuse the pun, I'll be treading carefully here. Um, er, being a techie person I'm sure you would have lots of laying experience and, therefore, eh, be the best um, techie floorboard layer type person to, well, help, really.:waycool:

Well that could have been the inference, but I just wanted to check with John that this was the best match for his criteria for his helper.

Em, Taxi for CJ!!!!!!!!

SwingSwingSwing
21st-November-2002, 10:15 AM
but I just wanted to check with John that this was the best match for his criteria for his helper.

< oo-er Missus! mode >
I'm sure Fran could satisy all my laying needs.
< /oo-er Missus! mode >

:wink:

SwingSwingSwing

Dreadful Scathe
21st-November-2002, 03:15 PM
Im curious ... who picked other and what do you do ? :)

Fran
21st-November-2002, 06:35 PM

em, if you'll excuse the pun, I'll be treading carefully here. Um, er, being a techie person I'm sure you would have lots of laying experience
Em, Taxi for CJ!!!!!!!!

would you like to dig yourself a bigger hole???????? - I would recommend a really big spade - or JCB:nice: :nice:

Its just as well I know you honey XX :wink:

I hope you will be able to spare me some time out of your busy schedule on saturday for a dance or 2:wink: :nice:
fran

Fran
21st-November-2002, 06:39 PM

< oo-er Missus! mode >
I'm sure Fran could satisy all my laying needs.
< /oo-er Missus! mode >

:wink:

SwingSwingSwing

:what: :o :what:

fran:wink:
:kiss:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
24th-November-2002, 04:07 PM
GET UP, SURF, LAZE AROUND, CATCH A SMALL CREATURE OR 6, EAT, SLEEP, TOILET, LAZE AROUND, JUMP OVER A LAZY DOG, WATCH FOX TV, BRUSH THE TAIL, POP DOWN TO ITV STUDIOS FOR MY WEEKLY BROADCAST, EAT AGAIN, THEN HIT THE DANCEFLOOR WITH MY SLICK MOVES AND SWISH STYLE.

BAZ X (GOING FOR NO. 1 IN THE TOP 1- SADDOES CHART)

under par
20th-December-2005, 08:37 AM
I work for the local constabulary and have done for over 23 years.

How about anyone else???

LordOfTheFiles
20th-December-2005, 09:06 AM

How about anyone else???

That sounds a sensible and worhwhile job. I really can't compete

under par
20th-December-2005, 09:09 AM
That sounds a sensible and worhwhile job. I really can't compete

Why would you want to compete and who is asking you to??:confused:

The question is "What do you people do?":whistle:

Easy enough :wink:

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm a teaching assistant in a reception class. Looking after 30 little 4year olds all day. So i manage to get on here in my lunchtime and when i get home. OBVIOUSLY I come on here for the adult conversation.:whistle:

under par
20th-December-2005, 09:28 AM
So i manage to get on here in my lunchtime and when i get home. OBVIOUSLY I come on here for the adult conversation.:whistle:

Not quite so sure about that oneliner Di!!!!:rofl: :whistle: :rofl: :whistle: :rofl: :whistle:

LordOfTheFiles
20th-December-2005, 09:33 AM
The question is "What do you people do?"

I work as a minion for a Hedge Fund

azande
20th-December-2005, 09:40 AM
I do tech support/inside sales in a company that manufactures elettromechanical and electronic sensing products.

under par
20th-December-2005, 09:45 AM
I work as a minion for a Hedge Fund

In this role do you ever feel you come between the different fields of finance, Oh Lordy One?

LordOfTheFiles
20th-December-2005, 09:57 AM
In this role do you ever feel you come between the different fields of finance, Oh Lordy One?

Absolutely not. I know my boundaries

LMC
20th-December-2005, 10:04 AM
I used to work for BTCV (where I learned, amongst other things, hedge-laying :whistle: ) - now am PA to a nice but exhausting boss who owns a recruitment agency and does a lot of charitable work - I also manage the trust that he chairs.

All that should keep me out of mischief, but doesn't.

Little Monkey
20th-December-2005, 10:16 AM
I play with clay. Sometimes I even get paid! However, that's not very often....

JonD
20th-December-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm a capitalist exploiter of the masses - but not a very good one.

LordOfTheFiles
20th-December-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm a capitalist exploiter of the masses - but not a very good one.

Morally or financially??

JonD
20th-December-2005, 11:39 AM
Morally or financially?? Both. If I were any good I'd be a fat plutocrat, dining on dainties, as my staff are ground on the wheel of commerce. I'm getting better on the financial front but our Bank Manager recently described my Business Partner and I as running a commune. I really must learn how to exploit people properly so they are suitably downtrodden and obsequious - this bunch smile and laugh too much and are far too irreverent. That's the problem you see; you just can't get the staff these days.

LordOfTheFiles
20th-December-2005, 11:44 AM
That's the problem you see; you just can't get the staff these days.

The problem is you can't BEAT the staff these days. I blame the Unions, and to a lesser degree the stick manufacturers

Sparkles
20th-December-2005, 11:51 AM
I work in leukaemia research - if we find a cure I'll be sure to let you all know *sigh* :(

LordOfTheFiles
20th-December-2005, 11:52 AM
I work in leukaemia research - if we find a cure I'll be sure to let you all know *sigh* :(

Government funded or Private Company?

Sparkles
20th-December-2005, 11:54 AM
We're funded by a charity but I work for King's College.

Tessalicious
20th-December-2005, 12:30 PM
I work in leukaemia research - if we find a cure I'll be sure to let you all know *sigh* :(Another biomed scientist - I work in multiple sclerosis research. Again, charity funded, but part of UCL.

And, because I'm only in the teething stages of my PhD and my supervisor doesn't really know what he wants me to do yet, I occasionally get lots of time to sit and chat to you guys on the forum!

TheTramp
20th-December-2005, 12:51 PM
I ticked the 'Studious Student', in the hope that I can actually stir myself to do some work next semester... :what:

I'm also self employed as a DJ, and MJ teacher to pay my way through university without adding more to the hideous debt I already have :tears:

WittyBird
20th-December-2005, 01:30 PM
As little as possible and still hoping to get away with it. :)

Icey
20th-December-2005, 01:31 PM
I work in finance for a company that builds and runs retirement communities, I'm also working on ACCA so that I can be a chartered, certified accountant and be really dull :)

LMC
20th-December-2005, 01:32 PM
Sorry hun, but you'd have to be an actuary to be really dull.

[ OBLIG ] Own up, you secretly really want to be a lion tamer...

Lee
20th-December-2005, 01:52 PM
Cool. I do Business Intelligence stuff too but I also teach. Im an Oracle database biased designer/programmer.

Oh I notice we got a lazy student to admit it :)

Cool!

I work for House of Fraser (Head Office) on the reporting systems; I work mainly in the OSA system working directly between end users and the I.T. dept.

My (female) mates say ideal job would be in the police force, they must think i need a bigger truncheon. :rofl: :blush:

Lee

I'm blonde, what's your excuse?
Copyright ‘LMC’

Icey
20th-December-2005, 01:59 PM
Own up, you secretly really want to be a lion tamer...

Actually, when I was a child I told people that I wanted to be a tiger when I grew up :D

fletch
20th-December-2005, 03:21 PM

How about anyone else???

And they are going to admit it?????:wink:

:rofl:

Lynn
20th-December-2005, 03:24 PM
I used to work for BTCV (where I learned, amongst other things, hedge-laying :whistle: ) I used to to work for an environmental charity too. Didn't get much hands on experience though. :rolleyes:

fletch
20th-December-2005, 03:26 PM
After 18 years as a National Account Manager for Xerox, I left the corporate rate race, paid off the morgage and took early retirement, bur after 9 months of doing nothing I bought 3 Slimming clubs and I now teach people to loose weight.

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 07:02 PM
Actually, when I was a child I told people that I wanted to be a tiger when I grew up :D
We asked all the children (4years old) in my class what they wanted to be when they grew up. Got really interesting answers ranging from Fireman, Teacher, Doctor etc to A princess, Superman and a Power Ranger!

Missy D
20th-December-2005, 07:15 PM
I cast peoples bodies:whistle:

Feelingpink
20th-December-2005, 07:30 PM
I photograph fabulous people.

dee
20th-December-2005, 07:32 PM
I do nothing and sometimes nothing but mainly nothing except sit on the forum all day and do a maths course on the odd day :D

Minnie M
20th-December-2005, 07:43 PM
For 20 years+ I worked in various software houses, helping with QA/Training / Documentation and Support - made redundant in 2002 - then ran a Rock 'n' Roll Club for a year (my best job ever) and now I am the administrator to the local Synagogue :what: my life alreadeeeee

WittyBird
20th-December-2005, 08:03 PM
Got really interesting answers ranging from Fireman, Teacher, Doctor etc to A princess, Superman and a Power Ranger!

When I was little I wanted to be a princess when I grew up.
Now I'm a little older I still want to be a princess when I grow up :D

Piglet
4th-January-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm a teacher :nice: (primary/nursery trained)

And used to think our holidays were fab until I realised I need to become a supply teacher to take advantage of dance weekenders! Ho hum - role on retirement! :rolleyes:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 04:54 PM
Student studying Acting and Performance :clap: ... gealous? :na:

CJ
4th-January-2006, 05:03 PM

Do you think they'd fit in a wee module about spelling two syllable words?

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 05:05 PM
Do you think they'd fit in a wee module about spelling two syllable words?

Oh..... Come on CJ. She's doing Acting and Performance.

Not like she's doing anything intellectually demanding.... like.... say.... music (for example) :whistle:

azande
4th-January-2006, 05:07 PM
no, not really...

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 05:10 PM
Hahaha Which word are you reffering to boys? :whistle: And sorry but I have absolutely no witty or sarcastic comments for you azande my brain doesn't work that way, i'll think of one in about 5 hours and by then it will be too late.

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 05:14 PM
Hahaha Which word are you reffering to boys? :whistle:
Most people spell jealous like that. They also spell referring like this.... :whistle:

CJ
4th-January-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh..... Come on CJ. She's doing Acting and Performance.

Not like she's doing anything intellectually demanding.... like.... say.... music (for example) :whistle:

So, she can spell "precious" then?!?:whistle: :whistle:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 05:23 PM
Well excuse me Dictionary Corner im just gonig to splel very bdaly form now on :na: And :confused:

Sparkles
4th-January-2006, 05:27 PM
Quick, can someone else please say what they do before this gets even more out of hand.... :eek:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh and I got a Higher A for music :whistle:

CJ
4th-January-2006, 05:30 PM
Quick, can someone else please say what they do before this gets even more out of hand.... :eek:

So, you prefer to keep it in hand, then, Sarah?

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 05:34 PM
Well excuse me Dictionary Corner im just gonig to splel very bdaly form now on :na: And :confused:

From now on??? :whistle:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 05:36 PM
From now on??? :whistle:
Hahaha *slap*

Tazmanian Devil
4th-January-2006, 07:21 PM

Work in a Doctors surgery as administrator and receptionist. Also At Charlton athletic football ground. :kiss: :hug:

Mezzosoprano
9th-April-2007, 07:38 PM
I work for the NHS as a Personnel Support Officer.... what that means in real terms is that I attend disciplinary hearings, grievance hearings and dismissal hearings to take notes, I work on things like fraud and I assist managers with investigating when their staff are being naughty... Oh and I also do nice stuff like implement childcare voucher schemes etc. Oh and I'm Mamma to a girl aged 4 1/2 and a wee boy aged 18 months - Sanity is not a word I can use with confidence

Baruch
10th-April-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm a primary school teacher. I teach 8-9 year olds (Year 4) with special educational needs. I have subject responsibility for Welsh and Religious Education within the school.

McJester
10th-April-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm an IT Contractor and a Neuro Linguistic Programmer as a side line. Which means I can help you computer a well as your head :D

McJester

erratic-eric
10th-April-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a hard life sitting in my workshop waiting for somebody to break a machine, on a good night I don't leave my chair:clap:

Shame we can only have dial up or I might spend all night on the net:eek:

Spin dryer
11th-April-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm paid to argue.

straycat
11th-April-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm paid to argue.

No you're not. :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-April-2007, 10:36 AM
No you're not. :whistle:
I'm paid to give abuse. You tit.

straycat
11th-April-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm paid to give abuse. You tit.

:what:
Do you ever get deja vu?
http://www.stapeleywg.com/images/bluetit.jpg
(cheep)

Dreadful Scathe
11th-April-2007, 12:01 PM
havent I seen you somewhere before ? :confused:

if only it had been a pair :)

straycat
11th-April-2007, 12:08 PM
havent I seen you somewhere before ? :confused:

Bet you use that on all the birds.

if only it had been a pair :)
http://www.hormel.com/images/glossary/p/pear_anjou.jpg
Better? :innocent:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-April-2007, 12:16 PM
phwooooar

straycat
11th-April-2007, 12:33 PM
The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur." -attr: George W Bush

And - of course - it's been established that George W Bush never said this. Face it - it's too long a word - he'd never have got past the third syllable... :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-April-2007, 02:31 PM
And - of course - it's been established that George W Bush never said this. Face it - it's too long a word - he'd never have got past the third syllable... :whistle:
nah - it might be down as an urban myth but the source of this anecdote has NOT come back to deny its truth. It was Alistair Campbell himself who denied on behalf of Tony Blair, a man who is paid to be politically economical with the truth, I think Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/bush.htm) , and you, have been had. ;)

straycat
12th-April-2007, 02:02 PM
nah - it might be down as an urban myth but the source of this anecdote has NOT come back to deny its truth. It was Alistair Campbell himself who denied on behalf of Tony Blair, a man who is paid to be politically economical with the truth, I think Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/bush.htm) , and you, have been had. ;)

I feel myself obliged to offer a forum-wide apology for using a non-DS-approved-George-W-Bush-joke (Trademark Pending). I did not realise that use of such a joke would automatically see it converted into an non-DS-substantiated-George-W-Bush-factlet. I furthermore withdraw said joke as a gesture of goodwill. In the event that it generated any laughter, please return said laughter to the DS Unapproved Laughter Disposal Facility for safe destruction. Minor chuckles may be disposed of more simply at your local recycling centre. Thank you for your time. :cool:

Astro
13th-April-2007, 01:15 PM
I feel myself obliged to offer a forum-wide apology for using a non-DS-approved-George-W-Bush-joke (Trademark Pending). I did not realise that use of such a joke would automatically see it converted into an non-DS-substantiated-George-W-Bush-factlet. I furthermore withdraw said joke as a gesture of goodwill. In the event that it generated any laughter, please return said laughter to the DS Unapproved Laughter Disposal Facility for safe destruction. Minor chuckles may be disposed of more simply at your local recycling centre. Thank you for your time. :cool:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm off to the DS ULDF then.

Choc Chip
13th-April-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello all

Nice to meet you - I'm an extrememly part time forumite (is that the right technical term? :confused: )

The rest of the time - I'm a microbiologist:really: yes I know - somebody has to be....

I spend huge amounts of time doing two other people's jobs aswel as my own when really I just want to be dancing:grin: on holiday athough at the mo hence the time to manage to post 5 messages in two weeks!

ANy super heroes on the forum? Catwalk models? astronauts?

See you later

amc

whitetiger1518
13th-April-2007, 03:52 PM
Ticked IT, but could have ticked education (had there been a more general category than teacher) as I am a tiny cog (web cataloguer - does what it says) in the massive wheel that is the Scottish education Quango (aka Learning and Teaching Scotland) where I help create teaching resources for our website.

Whitetiger

straycat
13th-April-2007, 05:27 PM
Quango. Is that the new quickstep / tango fusion which is becoming all the rage in your part of the world?