PDA

View Full Version : MJ Hall of Fame - Robert Austin

Andy McGregor
30th-January-2005, 05:36 PM
Mr Robert Austin is never far from controversy and was the pioneer of Modern Jive competitions and claims to be the first person to name our dance "Modern Jive".

Swinging bee
30th-January-2005, 05:48 PM
If you are talking about the origins of the modern jive then one has to read the "LE ROC" handbook , this should answer many of the popular misconceptions..It is a very enlightening read..I have a copy, but am not prepared to quote chapter and verse from it........I believe its author should be in the hall of fame. What say you?????

Andy McGregor
30th-January-2005, 07:33 PM
If you are talking about the origins of the modern jive then one has to read the "LE ROC" handbook , this should answer many of the popular misconceptions..It is a very enlightening read..I have a copy, but am not prepared to quote chapter and verse from it........I believe its author should be in the hall of fame. What say you?????

This is the Robert Austin Hall of Fame thread. Is the author of the LeRoc handbook Robert Austin? Or is it someone else who should be in the MJ Hall of Fame with his/her own thread?

Swinging bee
30th-January-2005, 07:49 PM
PROBLEM.!....unable to find book, can't remember author. (senior moment)think it was "Michelle " something .this is the guy I had in mind ....CAN ANYONE HELP!.....

Minnie M
30th-January-2005, 11:26 PM
PROBLEM.!....unable to find book, can't remember author. (senior moment)think it was "Michelle " something .this is the guy I had in mind ....CAN ANYONE HELP!.....

Haven't we been here before on the main thread :confused: why split them very :confused:

BTW Robert Austin was LE JIVE

RogerR
31st-January-2005, 01:52 AM
Rob Austin was responsible for starting ceroc on the franchise road.

The early Michel's were Michel Ange Lau and Michel Gay was it one of these?

Swinging bee
31st-January-2005, 02:11 PM
Rob Austin was responsible for starting ceroc on the franchise road.

The early Michel's were Michel Ange Lau and Michel Gay was it one of these?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge it was Michel Lau. Pretty sure he was the author and subject of the book..from my recollection of reading the book it
seems that he was the daddy of it all..if this is the case then he should get some acclaim. (wish I could find that ruddy book) :tears:

__________________________________________________ _______________ Yes, MinnieM, :blush: you are right ...should have read the text correctly (its a man thing!!!) :flower:

Bigger Andy
31st-January-2005, 02:33 PM
wish I could find that ruddy book :tears:

If you find that book, I would love to borrow it !

Please !!! :flower:

Cheers :cheers:
Andy.

Andy McGregor
31st-January-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, to the best of my knowledge it was Michel Lau. Pretty sure he was the author and subject of the book..from my recollection of reading the book it
seems that he was the daddy of it all..if this is the case then he should get some acclaim. (wish I could find that ruddy book) :tears:

I've started a Hall of Fame thread for Mr Lau here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103650#post103650).

And, to get back on thread. I think Robert Austin also wrote a book about Modern Jive. Is there anything else anyone has to add about Robert Austin?

Swinging bee
31st-January-2005, 03:27 PM
If you find that book, I would love to borrow it !

Please !!! :flower:

Cheers :cheers:
Andy.

Got a feeling it someone borrowed it for the le roc basic footwork that was contained in it ....(Footwork in modern jive! :rofl: Yup, thats what we had to learn.) If and when it comes to light will contact you .

Bigger Andy
7th-February-2005, 02:05 PM
can't remember author. (senior moment)

I believe the current terminology is to call them "craft moments"
where CRAFT stands for :-
Can't
Remember
A
F#*$ing
Thing

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
8th-April-2005, 09:32 AM
I think Robert Austin also wrote a book about Modern Jive. Picked this up on Ebay last week. Haven't looked through it all yet, but its a useful reference tool.