PDA

View Full Version : Modern Jive Hall of Fame

Andy McGregor
30th-January-2005, 05:31 PM
Moving on from the Lifetime Contribution to Modern Jive Award (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4486&highlight=greatest) debate: I thought it might cause less argument if we were to create a Hall of Fame. That way, all the great and the good (and not so good) could get a mention and it wouldn't be competitive or cause too much argument - it would be an opportunity for us all to work together on a project with a common goal in mind :flower: Between all the members of the forum we must know most things about the people we'd like to have included in the hall. For instance, I know very little about James Cronin. But I'm sure there are members of the forum that could help create a nice Biograpy of the man who started Ceroc and took Modern Jive to the masses. So, I'm opening the MJ hall of fame here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103530#post103530) with Mr James Cronin. Please add what you know about this great man and any stories you have about meeting him, etc.

The second person I place in the hall of fame is the man who has more controversy than most in MJ, Mr Robert Austin: go here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103532#post103532) to add to his biography.

Note to Franck: perhaps the hall could get it's own Forum category like the Forum Awards.

Andy McGregor
31st-January-2005, 09:52 AM
I suggest that we use this thread as the index to the hall of fame. If anyone thinks an individual should be included in the Hall they can simply start a thread about that person in the same was as I have done for Mssrs Cronin and Austin. It would be useful if that person could put a link to that thread on this thread so it can be used as an index.

The other suggestion I have it that the threads about individuals should be just that: no debate about people other than the person the thread is dedicated to. Any other debate about the hall of fame could be placed here.

So far the index has the following;

Robert Austin (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103532#post103532)
James Cronin (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103530#post103530)

There's loads more people I think should be included but I thought I'd give some of the work to willing volunteers :whistle:

Will
31st-January-2005, 02:54 PM
James Cronin
Robert Austin
Stevie Wong (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103656#post103656)

Andy McGregor
31st-January-2005, 02:55 PM
Robert Austin (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103532#post103532)
James Cronin (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103530#post103530)
John Brett (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103655#post103655)
Michael Ange Lau (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4630)
Stevie Wong (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103656#post103656)

Minnie M
31st-January-2005, 03:33 PM
If you include Steve Wong - you MUST include Andy McGregor

........ sorry but he really should be there :worthy:

He has put fun and contraversy into Modern Jive - his double trouble threesomes, and cross dressing - no one else has ever dared to go there. You may love him or hate him, but there is no denying he deserves a place in the Hall of Fame :worthy: :yeah: :flower:

bigdjiver
31st-January-2005, 05:27 PM
We could do with some criteria, but nominating people, and stating why, might be the best way towards forming ideas on what the criteria should be.
John Sweeney with his workshops, listings, and www.modernjive.com website has some sort of claim.
Phil Roberts, Michaela and Emma have done a considerable job with the Central Franchise, and, usually quietly, pushed the boundaries forward.
Franck, with this forum, might be making now a huge contribution in ways that mostly cannot all be measured.

Andy McGregor
31st-January-2005, 05:46 PM
I think BigDJiver has got a point. Anybody can start a thread putting someone in the Hall of Fame. But I think they should start the thread with some point(s) that justify that persons inclusion in the hall. For example, you could nominate John Sweeny for making Double Trouble into a recognised dance and competition category. Then somebody else who knows something else about John could add that piece of information to the thread.

Lynn
31st-January-2005, 08:06 PM
Franck, with this forum, might be making now a huge contribution in ways that mostly cannot all be measured. :yeah: This is an excellent forum. Without it, I might not still be dancing, wouldn't have travelled to weekenders - therefore - there might not be much happening here in NI, but without this forum there wouldn't be anything!

thewacko
26th-December-2005, 12:59 PM
- you MUST include Andy McGregor

He has put fun and contraversy into Modern Jive - his double trouble threesomes, and cross dressing - no one else has ever dared to go there. You may love him or hate him, but there is no denying he deserves a place in the Hall of Fame :worthy: :yeah: :flower:
:yeah:

thewacko
15th-March-2006, 11:29 PM
If you include Steve Wong - you MUST include the horse the elephant and the whale

:respect: Haven't met him yet, all I know is that he made a bloody mess of my living room when i was in Leeds last weekend and Tazmanian Devil has never been the same since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Minnie M
16th-March-2006, 08:49 AM
:respect: Haven't met him yet, all I know is that he made a bloody mess of my living room when i was in Leeds last weekend and Tazmanian Devil has never been the same since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
:confused:

If you include Steve Wong - you MUST include the horse the elephant and the whale
........ sorry but he really should be there

:confused: :rolleyes: - I have no idea who "the horse the elephant and the whale" is or are :what:

Hey come up thewacko :really: stop putting words in my "mouth", you now owe my at least TWO dance when we next meet ;)

thewacko
17th-March-2006, 10:56 PM
:confused: :rolleyes: - I have no idea who "the horse the elephant and the whale" is or are :what:

Hey come up thewacko :really: stop putting words in my "mouth", you now owe my at least TWO dance when we next meet ;)
Knowing my luck, Horse Ele Whale will get to you first and then I won't get a look in

But to Dance with you minnie would be an upmost pleasure:flower:

thewacko
17th-March-2006, 10:58 PM
Which brings me to

My nomination would have to be:
uhhhhmmmmm

MINNIE M

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
18th-March-2006, 06:33 PM
Which brings me to

My nomination would have to be:
uhhhhmmmmm

MINNIE M

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap:
Just seen this :blush:
however, I know you are only joking :rofl:
You are awful.................. but I like it :blush:

(Mind you I noticed John Sweeney's web site has been nominated, I believe my site is the only one left in the south for a comprehensive listing of dances, especially now JiveHive have drastically reduced theirs)

Debster
21st-March-2006, 07:18 AM
John Brett (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103655#post103655)
Michael Ange Lau (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4630)

How about some women??!! :confused:

(No, Andy doesn't count!)

thewacko
21st-March-2006, 07:21 AM

(No, Andy doesn't count!)

MinnieM is a woman:confused:

Debster
21st-March-2006, 07:21 AM
Oooops... then she reads further down and sees at least Minnie M gets a mention... :sorry:

(Happy trigger finger.)

Minnie M
21st-March-2006, 08:30 AM
Oooops... then she reads further down and sees at least Minnie M gets a mention... :sorry:

(Happy trigger finger.)
:blush: :innocent:

BTW April list to be posted this afternoon - as I am away from tomorrow !

bigdjiver
21st-March-2006, 11:22 AM

(No, Andy doesn't count!)Christine Keeble? Nicky Haslam? Cynthia (Norwich)? Unfortunately all those to whom we all owe so much were too busy doing it to record it. :respect:

thewacko
22nd-March-2006, 12:17 AM
MinnieM I have mentioned

A non forumite but married (unfortunately) to Dan the Man Hudson
the wonderful beautiful and bestest Ceroc Teacher of them all

KellyHudson

Minnie M
22nd-March-2006, 12:24 AM
........A non forumite but married (unfortunately) to Dan the Man Hudson

KellyHudson
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
Totally agree :flower:

Andy McGregor
22nd-March-2006, 01:41 AM
Christine Keeble? Nicky Haslam? Cynthia (Norwich)? Unfortunately all those to whom we all owe so much were too busy doing it to record it. :respect:& Nina and Lily

bigdjiver
22nd-March-2006, 02:16 AM
& Nina and Lily:respect: It was Nigel & Nina that really inspired me and persuaded me that MJ really could be an art form. Lily and David amazed me.

Minnie M
22nd-March-2006, 10:02 AM
& Nina and Lily

Oh............ my.............. goodness ............... how did we leave off the first ladies of modern jive :respect::worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect::worthy: :respect: :worthy:

(I think David & Lily do have a thread of their own - they most certainly should - we owe soooooo much to them)

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-March-2006, 07:58 PM
MinnieM I have mentioned

A non forumite but married (unfortunately) to Dan the Man Hudson

KellyHudson
:yeah: :yeah: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :yeah: :yeah:

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2006, 12:30 AM
:yeah: :yeah: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :yeah: :yeah:Go on then, start a thread. It's really easy, anybody can do it.

dancecrazy
12th-May-2006, 12:44 PM
Speaking of ladies - I think ALINA deserves to be added to the list

Minnie M
12th-May-2006, 04:14 PM
Speaking of ladies - I think ALINA deserves to be added to the list
Have you been dancing long ?

Alina is a nice dancer, not sure if she warrents the Hall of Fame though ! Come to Funky Lush on Sunday or Slinky's the following Saturday and you will see what I mean

dancecrazy
13th-May-2006, 05:42 PM
Have you been dancing long ?

Alina is a nice dancer, not sure if she warrents the Hall of Fame though ! Come to Funky Lush on Sunday or Slinky's the following Saturday and you will see what I mean
Do you mean there are dozens of fabulous ladies there? If so I'm looking forward to dancing with them, tell me where these venues are!
But I still think Alina is one of the best dancers around, and a brilliant teacher, and a lovely person.

CentrAlex
20th-July-2006, 05:33 PM
Gotta be Emma Pettitt for me and quite a few peeps in the Central Area, such an inspiration and a pleasure to work and dance with.

Cornish Pixie
20th-July-2006, 09:01 PM
Gotta be VICTORIA ROSEN :clap: , i reckon shes gona make such a difference to how much laydeez contribute to the dance in future years,

Nick xx

Minnie M
20th-July-2006, 09:04 PM
Gotta be VICTORIA ROSEN...........
:confused: never heard of her :innocent: (sorry)

Emma :respect: great dancer and teacher :worthy:

It must be difficult to separate great teachers/dancers and those who have actually influenced the UK dancing world to those who are your personal favourites

alex
20th-July-2006, 10:55 PM
victoria rosen = keith & victoria

Minnie M
20th-July-2006, 11:14 PM
victoria rosen = keith & victoria
Sorry non the wiser - does she teach ?

alex
21st-July-2006, 02:15 AM
keith, married to janey, used to be one of the organisers of the blackpool comp, just had a baby.

keith and victoria competed together for a couple of years until this year.

ring any bells yet?

WittyBird
21st-July-2006, 02:25 AM
keith, married to janey, used to be one of the organisers of the blackpool comp, just had a baby.

ring any bells yet?

Is it the same Victoria that was with our PaulF?

Minnie M
21st-July-2006, 07:32 AM

ring any bells yet?

Keith & Janey Davis :respect: :worthy: now these two definitely derserve an entry - they have done loads and loads to promote MJ in the UK and together with Tony & Angelina have worked so hard and invested so much to produce our very special Blackpool Competitions:clap: :yeah:

Dreadful Scathe
21st-July-2006, 01:21 PM
This thread seems to have descended into a personal favourites thread - I wouldnt have thought you could get in the "hall of fame" unless the vast majority of the dancing world has heard of you - unless its based on statistics like "won 3 major competitions in a row" or something. "A teacher from down south" label does not make you a Hall of Fame contender ;)

bigdjiver
21st-July-2006, 01:42 PM
Belonging in the "Hall of fame" and being famous are not the same thing. Who invented the first wheel?
I believe the "Hall of fame" is for those that have made the biggest changes for the better. I can be for a moments inspiration, or for a lifetime of successful endeavour.

straycat
21st-July-2006, 01:49 PM
Who invented the first wheel?

I think you'll find that was Chuck Norris (http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/).

Dreadful Scathe
21st-July-2006, 02:12 PM
I believe the "Hall of fame" is for those that have made the biggest changes for the better.

but changes to who or what and how personal does can it be ? The first stranger to ask me to dance should be in the hall of fame by your criteria ;) It made a huge difference to me and my confidence - cant remember who it was now though.

bigdjiver
21st-July-2006, 05:21 PM
but changes to who or what and how personal does can it be ? The first stranger to ask me to dance should be in the hall of fame by your criteria ;) It made a huge difference to me and my confidence - cant remember who it was now though.If it was Michel Ange Lau, you could have a point.

Minnie M
21st-July-2006, 06:48 PM
If it was Michel Ange Lau, you could have a point.

He is already in our Hall of Fame and quite rightly so :worthy: :respect:

(My claim to fame is that I have had a dance with him :worthy: )

bigdjiver
21st-July-2006, 07:25 PM
He is already in our Hall of Fame and quite rightly so :worthy: :respect: I knew that.

(My claim to fame is that I have had a dance with him :worthy: )I knew that too, but, if you've got it, flaunt it .... :) :flower: :respect:

Barry Shnikov
27th-August-2006, 10:38 AM
Mick (Michaella) Walker, who taught once a week at Cambridge when I first learnt to dance. She is the best teacher I have ever had...although Amir comes close.
There is a difference between those people who you know as teachers from special events, workshops, and so forth, and those who teach at regular venues on ordinary class nights. (Of course, some people are lucky enough to get teachers from the first category at their regular venues...)
Mick taught with flair and humour and oodles of style; she told everyone what to do with their left hand and how to make themselves more interesting and attractive as dancers. There are other teachers I have had over the years who make me thank my lucky stars I had Mick instead!

Rhythm King
27th-August-2006, 11:19 AM
She get's my vote!

bigdjiver
27th-August-2006, 11:51 AM
Mick (Michaella) Walker, who taught once a week at Cambridge when I first learnt to dance. She is the best teacher I have ever had...although Amir comes close.
There is a difference between those people who you know as teachers from special events, workshops, and so forth, and those who teach at regular venues on ordinary class nights. (Of course, some people are lucky enough to get teachers from the first category at their regular venues...)
Mick taught with flair and humour and oodles of style; she told everyone what to do with their left hand and how to make themselves more interesting and attractive as dancers. There are other teachers I have had over the years who make me thank my lucky stars I had Mick instead!I cannot think of a better teacher that I have seen, but less of the past tenses. She was in her usual top-class form last Thursday at Bedford. There were several compliments from holiday visitors on the quality of the class.
There was quite a few ladies I had not danced with before at St. Neots last week. I had no difficulty spotting some of the holiday visitors from the new regulars there.

cerebus636
26th-October-2006, 01:31 AM
Has nobody mentioned Mike Ellard?

For heavens sake guys, he added life and sould to Ceroc in the 90's and bought the damn mothership.

He injected new ideas into the business just when Ceroc was heading into a crisis (IMHO).

He's also a great guy too.

Ste
14th-November-2006, 10:44 AM
Mick (Michaella) Walker, who taught once a week at Cambridge when I first learnt to dance. She is the best teacher I have ever had...
When I was a timid soul who was too scared to ask people from refusal row to dance with me (probably because I kept getting refused) I saw Mick and was dazzled by her beauty and talent....I had to ask her to dance.

I thought she was the best female dancer that I had ever seen. It was like meeting a pop star.

The thing is she didn't refuse me and told me that she enjoyed dancing with me! I was amazed. She complimented me on my dancing and told me that she would be telling certain people about me and I should be onstage.

This was incredible for someone like me who quite getting knockbacks from the so called "best" dancers. Actually I didn't get that many knockbacks simply because I didn't ask that many of the refusal row people to dance with me...but when I did ask I got knocked back.

But Mick was the best female dancer and she didn't knock me back. She was the one who encouraged me the most at that time.

SHe is what I think of as a truly inspirational leader and she helped me to go for it in modern jive.

Amy1
2nd-February-2007, 02:42 AM
I would like to nominate....

Nicky Haslam

Because she rocks, and has always been there to help with my dancing!! :hug:
Also she has made a huge impact on Ceroc in Australia.

Ste
3rd-February-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah....Nicky is another big heroine of mine.

Funnily both Nicky and Michaela are very similar. Both look like actresses and are ballroom trained so their technique is awesome.

If you like Nicky, you would like Mick as well.

bigdjiver
6th-February-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah....Nicky is another big heroine of mine.

Funnily both Nicky and Michaela are very similar. Both look like actresses and are ballroom trained so their technique is awesome.

If you like Nicky, you would like Mick as well.:yeah: to both Nicky and Michaela

Wes
6th-February-2007, 11:41 PM
I would like to nominate....

Nicky Haslam

Because she rocks, and has always been there to help with my dancing!!
Also she has made a huge impact on Ceroc in Australia
:yeah:

edward hopkins
9th-February-2007, 05:45 PM
Dedication to the hall of fame,simple.It`s got to be FRANCO
Eddie.:clap:

Keith J
14th-February-2007, 09:24 AM
I would like to nominate Paul Warden & Cat Wiles for assisting the evolution of modern jive scene in the new millenium.
Their influence to the scene is evident in most of the main venues in the UK.

bigdjiver
20th-February-2007, 11:11 PM
Frances has had a severe stroke.

Perhaps borderline for the hall of fame, but she will be well known to many who have seen the elegance of her dancing. She was a championship winner with the Shades double-trouble team led by John Sweeney, and went with them to Australia to give lessons and demos. Their performances were marked by grace, invention and humour.

Frances will be known to many beginners as the superb dancer that took the lead with them when they first started. She should also be an example to us all for the encouragement she gave to lesser dancers like myself. She was full of encouraging comments throughout the dance. That's nice- I like that - Oh, yes

I am sure that many will want to pray for her.

She is an unforgettable lady.

internet cafe closing, or there would be more and better.

fletch
17th-June-2007, 09:34 AM
Is it the same Victoria that was with our PaulF?

yes that's the one :clap:

fletch
17th-June-2007, 09:37 AM
I would like to nominate

Tom Baker

the youngest open champ, :worthy: with his funky, fresh, style, its just what's needed to keep the young coming in :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mini Mac
17th-June-2007, 12:36 PM
oooo tricky this one. Tom is an amazing dancer and has achieved so much for his age but i have to nominate..........

JAMIE!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :respect: :respect:

Fun, loving and a wicked dancer and im sure hes going to be a great teacher! x Love Mini Mac xx:flower:

Mini Mac
17th-June-2007, 12:37 PM
I would like to nominate

Tom Baker

the youngest open champ, :worthy: with his funky, fresh, style, its just what's needed to keep the young coming in :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hey fletch maybe il be one of the young ones someday lol! xx:yum:

fletch
17th-June-2007, 12:49 PM
hey fletch maybe il be one of the young ones someday lol! xx:yum:

beautiful Becky :hug: you will always be one of my young ones :clap:

Gus
17th-June-2007, 04:04 PM
Gotta be VICTORIA ROSEN :clap: , i reckon shes gona make such a difference to how much laydeez contribute to the dance in future years,

Nick xx.... and with the benefit of hindsight :( Vicky no longer dances .... not sure why but she seems to have totally dropped off the scene.

Must admit I'm not sure about where this 'Hall of Fame' thing is going. Surely it should be about those who HAVE made a contribution, not about those that may. The situtaion re Vicky is a good case in point. Most of the original nominee shad been on the block for a number of years and had trained or inspied many of the dancers who are now 'rated'. Is that what this was supposed to be about or am I missing the point?

bigdjiver
17th-June-2007, 05:41 PM
.... and with the benefit of hindsight :( Vicky no longer dances .... not sure why but she seems to have totally dropped off the scene.

Must admit I'm not sure about where this 'Hall of Fame' thing is going. Surely it should be about those who HAVE made a contribution, not about those that may. The situtaion re Vicky is a good case in point. Most of the original nominee shad been on the block for a number of years and had trained or inspied many of the dancers who are now 'rated'. Is that what this was supposed to be about or am I missing the point?I an with you on this. There are lots of superb dancers and teachers and others who make a real contribution to the scene, many unsung outside of teir patch. It is those that have made a lasting difference, a change of direction, that I would nominate. Mike Ellard, for example, is probably just about due to qualify having backed the Utopia format and WCS classes.

Gus
17th-June-2007, 05:46 PM
I an with you on this. There are lots of superb dancers and teachers and others who make a real contribution to the scene, many unsung outside of teir patch. It is those that have made a lasting difference, a change of direction, that I would nominate. Mike Ellard, for example, is probably just about due to qualify having backed the Utopia format and WCS classes.Well ... Mike was was of the original 'great' teachers from the old Central Club days, teaching at the same level as Viktor ... wheras Viktor inspired dancers along the latin style, Mike had a more ballroom style that was eaully appealing. He also helped to kick off the dance holiday thing with the wonderfull Dance and Ski holidays (will we ever see their like again?) ... and of course his teaching of advanced moves at the Casbah is legendary.

johnnyman
7th-August-2007, 11:26 AM
I would like to nominate Mick Wenger, who for three years down at Fulham provided some of the most enjoyable classes I have ever attended. He and his demonstrator Hannah Thompson, who taught down in Kent as well, were dynamic on the stage and dancefloor. He now teaches in the Ceroc Metro Chigwell venue on a Sunday and should be considered as a future Southport teacher at some point. He was also a Jive Masters Finalist.

Mark and Simone Harding are also worthy of nomination. Their classes at Southport a couple of years back were brilliant and their DVDs were professionally done.

Dance Demon
12th-August-2007, 11:34 AM
I He now teaches in the Ceroc Metro Chigwell venue on a Sunday and should be considered as a future Southport teacher at some point.

Erm...that might prove a bit difficult......Ceroc don't let their teachers teach at the UKs top weekender.....:)

Thetruth
14th-August-2007, 07:57 AM
I would like to nominate Mick Wenger, who for three years down at Fulham provided some of the most enjoyable classes I have ever attended. He and his demonstrator Hannah Thompson, who taught down in Kent as well, were dynamic on the stage and dancefloor. He now teaches in the Ceroc Metro Chigwell venue on a Sunday and should be considered as a future Southport teacher at some point. He was also a Jive Masters Finalist.
I had the pleasure of doing four Thursday night ceroc classes at Fulham with Mick and Hannah in 2002. Imagine they have progressed even further since then

johnnyman
14th-August-2007, 08:02 AM
It's a shame that Mick won't be doing Southport due to Ceroc commitments. He'd have the right energy for the event.

It's difficult for me to get down to Chigwell on a Sunday - work next day and distance across London, but happy memories from Fulham.

Minnie M
14th-August-2007, 05:16 PM
I think Mick teaches at St. Albans on a Thursday

The MJHF seems to be watered down by peoples favourites - Mick Wenger is an excellant teacher, but there are many such excellant teachers in our world of MJ - however IMHO he hasn't really contributed that much to the dance scene.

Not sure if he has been nominated, but if not Adam Nathanson (Ceroc Metro) should be on the honours list - not only an excellant teacher but he has done so much to our MJ world and he is now spreading his 'genious' down under :worthy:

Obi's Sweat Band
23rd-August-2007, 03:19 PM
Mick and Hananh will be back together again for one night only at Rochester on 10th September.

Lou
31st-August-2007, 09:23 AM
I think Mick teaches at St. Albans on a Thursday

The MJHF seems to be watered down by peoples favourites - Mick Wenger is an excellant teacher, but there are many such excellant teachers in our world of MJ - however IMHO he hasn't really contributed that much to the dance scene.
I disagree, Minnie. I went to my first Mick class class night. Any Ceroc teacher who teaches without the semi-circle and introduces a move in his Intermediates class with words like "here's a move that I got off Nigel Anderson" (whilst also including the relevant footwork) deserves a place in here. :wink:

robd
31st-August-2007, 10:31 AM
"here's a move that I got off Nigel Anderson" (whilst also including the relevant footwork)

I'm sure Andy McG would agree :rolleyes:

Lou
31st-August-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm sure Andy McG would agree :rolleyes:
:rofl:That thought hadn't even begun to contemplate the merest possibility of crossing my mind.... :whistle:

Andy McGregor
31st-August-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm sure Andy McG would agree :rolleyes:When I'm teaching I like to credit people with things I've recently learnt from other teachers. However, taking this to it's ultimate level, everything we've ever done has been as a result of somebody teaching it to us. We'd end up saying "this is a walk, my mother taught me to do it".

Lou
31st-August-2007, 11:54 AM
When I'm teaching I like to credit people with things I've recently learnt from other teachers. :D My point was that it's extraordinarily rare to find someone within the Collective™ who was acknowledging that there is another world out there....

Lee Bartholomew
31st-August-2007, 11:58 AM
:D My point was that it's extraordinarily rare to find someone within the Collective™ who was acknowledging that there is another world out there....

Cant find the link now but didn't he used to be a ceroc teacher?

Lou
31st-August-2007, 12:08 PM
Cant find the link now but didn't he used to be a ceroc teacher?
Exactly. :flower:

DavidY
31st-August-2007, 12:10 PM
:D My point was that it's extraordinarily rare to find someone within the Collective™ who was acknowledging that there is another world out there....I think the Chiswick "Swingin the Blues" event in January was a joint effort between Nigel and Ceroc London, so maybe he's been assimm.. assmill...assimill.. er.. accepted as someone who exists in that outside world.

bigdjiver
31st-August-2007, 12:18 PM
On a general note I think the MJ hall of fame thread should be for achievements past, a bit like the VC. It should not be a place where it is asked, or reported, what they did afterwards. A "Where are they now" sort of thread is a place for that.

For me it is a place where positive messages belong.

Andy McGregor
31st-August-2007, 12:19 PM
I think the Chiswick "Swingin the Blues" event in January was a joint effort between Nigel and Ceroc London, so maybe he's been assimm.. assmill...assimill.. er.. accepted as someone who exists in that outside world.The word from Ceroc is that they are prepared to be associated with selected events where it is good for Ceroc. Good business sense - how it pains me to compliment Ceroc :tears:

robd
31st-August-2007, 12:20 PM
:D My point was that it's extraordinarily rare to find someone within the Collective™ who was acknowledging that there is another world out there....

Yes but I would also guess that Mick is sufficiently well established in the Collective (can't do those fancy tm things :tears: ) to feel he doesn't have to toe the party line (which assumes that there is a party line on this and there probably isn't)

I was impressed by the Ceroc teacher who gave the upcoming Southport a plug (of sorts) from the stage at their event recently - not everyone's a bolitician it seems.

bigdjiver
31st-August-2007, 12:25 PM
Cant find the link now but didn't he used to be a ceroc teacher?I believe I posted a wayback machine link to a listing of Ceroc teachers, and Nigel was not on it.

I also believe I posted that seeing N&N's "I'm just a baby" routine at the Le Jive championships was a life changing moment for me. (I have yet to persuade a lady to put her thumb in her mouth and pay homage to "baby in arms" move. :sad:)

David Bailey
11th-February-2008, 05:25 PM
The last few posts on this thread make interesting reading now... :devil: