PDA

View Full Version : Dancing mantras

MartinHarper
27th-January-2005, 12:57 AM
Sometimes I find myself repeating little pithy phrases in my head as I dance, to help focus my attention on some aspect of the dance. For example, I might be thinking "keep it smooth" or "less is more" to help match my style to a calmer piece of music. When following I might be thinking "behind the beat" to try to break my anticipation habit.

Does anyone else share my affliction?

Andy McGregor
27th-January-2005, 01:33 AM

NO :whistle:

If you had your own mantra you wouldn't hear the little voices in the music that tell you to do stuff.

Gadget
27th-January-2005, 02:11 AM
Sometimes I find myself repeating little pithy phrases in my head as I dance, to help focus my attention on some aspect of the dance. For example, I might be thinking "keep it smooth" or "less is more" to help match my style to a calmer piece of music. When following I might be thinking "behind the beat" to try to break my anticipation habit.

Normally only after the event: "damn, meant to smooth that","didn't want to go into this, I'm meant to be practicing that","that was meant to be a double and I lead a single","ahhrgh - why did I exit there?","tighter - I bet that looked a mess","what on earth is the DJ playing?" ... of course, all in my head :blush: {... well most of the time anyway :innocent:}

Daisy Chain
27th-January-2005, 07:47 PM
Sometimes I find myself repeating little pithy phrases in my head as I dance,

Yes. Little phrases like "Ooo, this man is GORGEOUS" :drool:

Daisy Chain

(A Panting Little Flower)

foxylady
27th-January-2005, 08:01 PM
Yes. Little phrases like "Ooo, this man is GORGEOUS" :drool:

Daisy Chain

(A Panting Little Flower)

Absolutley !!!

Or else 'let go of my hand before you break it you iijjit' !

ElaineB
27th-January-2005, 08:30 PM
Absolutley !!!

Or else 'let go of my hand before you break it you iijjit' !

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My version is 'let go of my hand before I break yours! :rofl:

Only teasing! :whistle:

Elaine

Andreas
27th-January-2005, 09:12 PM
"Next song is gonna be better! Next song is gonna be better! Next song is gonna be better!" :whistle:

baldrick
27th-January-2005, 09:19 PM
Stolen off the forum, when it goes wrong
"Smile
Keep going
Think Bol****s"
:D

Lory
27th-January-2005, 09:29 PM
Avoid shirtman, MUST avoid shirtman, don't let him get to you, avoid shirtman at all costs! :sick:

Whitebeard
28th-January-2005, 12:16 AM
Avoid shirtman, MUST avoid shirtman, don't let him get to you, avoid shirtman at all costs!
Is that "R" you merely being polite and proper for once ?? Seen your pickies on that other thread !!!

foxylady
28th-January-2005, 12:18 AM
Is that "R" you merely being polite and proper for once ?? Seen your pickies on that other thread !!!

What ??? Don't understand.... Doesn't everyone know about avoiding shirtman ???

Whitebeard
28th-January-2005, 12:27 AM

No !! Honest (cross me 'eart and all that).

Go on. Tell me.

Andy McGregor
28th-January-2005, 01:47 AM
Is that tennis shirtman?

Feelingpink
28th-January-2005, 09:46 AM

The women understand ... when we're together chatting, someone is always posted as lookout :devil:

Banana Man
28th-January-2005, 10:06 AM
Avoid shirtman, MUST avoid shirtman, don't let him get to you, avoid shirtman at all costs! :sick:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't worry, some of us do try to rescue you if the lookout fails. :wink:

Rhythm King
28th-January-2005, 12:02 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Always willing to be the knight in shining armour!! :innocent:

Rhythm King
28th-January-2005, 12:03 PM
The women understand ... when we're together chatting, someone is always posted as lookout :devil:

You're such a meerkat!!

Sparkles
28th-January-2005, 12:23 PM

EVERYONE knows about avoiding shirtman!
And, Lory, Darling, we have been eachothers' 'knights in shining armour' so many times now that people must be beginning to talk :wink:
Thank goodness for the lookouts! :worthy: :cheers:
S. x

Andy McGregor
28th-January-2005, 12:38 PM
Thank goodness for the lookouts! :worthy: :cheers:
S. x
You girls are behaving too much like prey :what:

Think of youselves as a pride of lionesses and shirtman as a nasty hyena after your pups (you wouldn't want him to get his hands on your pups would you?). If Franco finds a mess of half-chewed cadaver and shirt being picked over by vultures on the fire escape at Hipsters he will only have himself to blame for not sorting out the hyena problem earlier :devil:

Zebra Woman
28th-January-2005, 12:49 PM
He's given up with Zebra's. :whistle:

I gave him several 'No thank you's (with no other reasons) about 4 months ago and he hasn't asked me since. But that has put more pressure on you girls I fear.

I would recommend you all just say

'No....

Thankyou'

ZW :flower:

My Mantra is:

'Dip me, dip me........and then pull my hair' :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-January-2005, 12:51 PM
"nice puppies"

MartinHarper
28th-January-2005, 03:57 PM
Go on. Tell me.

Post #198 and onwards on this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905&page=4&pp=50&highlight=shirtman).
Allegedly.