PDA

View Full Version : Extra 'Technical workout' Class every Thursday - Perth.

Franck
26th-January-2005, 10:27 AM
Following recent feedback and threads and as an experiment, over the next few weeks / months, we will be running an extra class every Thursday night at the Perth venue.

The class will be a 40 minutes Technical workout suitable for Intermediates and above. Each week will cover a different theme (ie Lead & Follow, Footwork, Spins & Turns, Styling, Tension/Compression, Balance & momentum, etc...).
We will probably limit the numbers on each night, but as this is a pilot, we'll see how things develop over the next few weeks.

The Beginners class and Intermediate class will be taught as usual by James & Melanie, while the Technical class will be taught by Franck & Sheena.

The class will start at 7.50pm and go on until 8.30pm, which will allow everyone to join the Freestyle and Intermediate class.

There will not be any extra cost for this class, so normal admission will apply.

If the format is popular, we'll extend it to further venues across Scotland, so in the meantime, make sure you support it. :cheers:

Gary
26th-January-2005, 11:31 AM
That sounds great! Wish I could come :tears:

Tiggerbabe
26th-January-2005, 05:38 PM
That sounds great! Wish I could come :tears:Get yourself along to that travel agent :wink: :D

Gus
26th-January-2005, 05:53 PM
The class will be a 40 minutes Technical workout suitable for Intermediates and above. Each week will cover a different theme (ie Lead & Follow, Footwork, Spins & Turns, Styling, Tension/Compression, Balance & momentum, etc...). Will be interested to hear how this progresses. As you know we've been running something similar at Cool Catz since November. The first lesson we learnt was that the 45 minutes of concentration was too long so we've cut it back to 30 mins. The other challenge was using the right moves and models to convey the essence of what we were trying to teach. again, will be interested to see how you achieve that ... always on the look out for ways to improve. :grin:

Franck
26th-January-2005, 06:03 PM
Will be interested to hear how this progresses. As you know we've been running something similar at Cool Catz since November. Not sure how similar it will be. Did you have two teachers on the same night? My inspiration comes from Annalisa / Simon at CerocPlus who have done something similar for ages!
I want to keep the very successful Beginners & Intermediate Class model as it is, but offering something extra. The feedback I had was that Intemediate dancers could use an equivalent to the Taxi Revision class, so there it is.
The extra class will be directly targeted at Intermediate dancers who want to improve beyond moves, and will not be an 'Advanced' class, more as the title implies a technical workout, based on simple moves, and closer to what is taught in our 'Classic Intermediate' workshops.

Chef
26th-January-2005, 06:28 PM
The extra class will be directly targeted at Intermediate dancers who want to improve beyond moves, and will not be an 'Advanced' class, more as the title implies a technical workout, based on simple moves, and closer to what is taught in our 'Classic Intermediate' workshops.

So sick with envy. My local Ceroc teacher wanted to do this at my home venue but the idea was stamped on by the franchise holder.

Loads of dancers from all around Kent had been crying out for lessons like these and were so disappointed when I had to tell them that these lessons were not going to go ahead after all.

Never mind. Maybe one of Ceroc competitiors will do it instead. :whistle: That would make thier venue a very nice place to dance. :whistle:

I will be looking at the feedback from this venture with very great interest.

Happy dancing

Gus
26th-January-2005, 07:11 PM
Not sure how similar it will be. Did you have two teachers on the same night? My inspiration comes from Annalisa / Simon at CerocPlus who have done something similar for ages!.
Ahh ... I think you misunderatdn. My noirmal club night at Northwich has put into palkce something similar to what Simon started as JiveBug ... but not as far reaching. We have had a WCS class on at the same time as the beginners (taught by Chris and Victoria) but have all the class in for the intermediate lesson (except for beginners who do a revision session).

The extra class will be directly targeted at Intermediate dancers who want to improve beyond moves, and will not be an 'Advanced' class, more as the title implies a technical workout, based on simple moves, and closer to what is taught in our 'Classic Intermediate' workshops.The Cool Catz night is similar in that we are looking at how to dance rather than dance moves. For example, we have already covered ladies arm movements, half, standard and double beats, pivoting and eye contact ... many of wioch we will revisit. Its not aimed at 'advanced' dancers (whatyever that may be) but more at dancers who need more than the standard intermediate class. I must admit that I dont know what JiveBug/CerocPlus have done in this area. The inspiration for us was Hipsters.

Bangers & Mash
26th-January-2005, 10:08 PM
Following recent feedback and threads and as an experiment, over the next few weeks / months, we will be running an extra class every Thursday night at the Perth venue.

The class will be a 40 minutes Technical workout suitable for Intermediates and above. Each week will cover a different theme (ie Lead & Follow, Footwork, Spins & Turns, Styling, Tension/Compression, Balance & momentum, etc...).
We will probably limit the numbers on each night, but as this is a pilot, we'll see how things develop over the next few weeks.

The Beginners class and Intermediate class will be taught as usual by James & Melanie, while the Technical class will be taught by Franck & Sheena.

The class will start at 7.50pm and go on until 8.30pm, which will allow everyone to join the Freestyle and Intermediate class.

There will not be any extra cost for this class, so normal admission will apply.

If the format is popular, we'll extend it to further venues across Scotland, so in the meantime, make sure you support it. :cheers:

Awesome!

I finish in Amsterdam in March (unless I do a really good job :waycool: ) so I'll be there from then on.

johnthehappyguy
26th-January-2005, 10:14 PM
Sounds great,

I'll come along when I can, and enjoy the experience.

:cheers:

johnthehappyguy :nice:

Bangers & Mash
26th-January-2005, 10:16 PM
Sounds great,

I'll come along when I can, and enjoy the experience.

:cheers:

How old is that picture? :wink:

johnthehappyguy
26th-January-2005, 10:37 PM
How old is that picture? :wink:

Bangers - what about your avatar, has your mash not gone foosty yet ! :sick:

Just remembered I am signed up for a Salsa course in Edinburgh on Thursdays, so can't come along to Perth for another 10 weeks. :sad:

sassy1
27th-January-2005, 10:21 PM
:sad:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr had to work very late tonight and missed the new class
BUT - have made space in my diary for next week :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope you all had a great night - see ya soon :flower:

Sassy1