PDA

View Full Version : Southport 2005

Mary
25th-January-2005, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have any information about this year's event? I have only heard the gossip that Jordan & Tatiana are going to be teaching there.

Cheers,

M

Rhythm King
25th-January-2005, 04:58 PM
Does anyone have any information about this year's event? I have only heard the gossip that Jordan & Tatiana are going to be teaching there.

Cheers,

M

Hi Mary

Have you tried here (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/16/40/)? Looks like it will be good fun, especially if we get the same sort of Forum frolics that went on last year :rofl:

R-K

under par
25th-January-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi Mary

Have you tried here (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/16/40/)? Looks like it will be good fun, especially if we get the same sort of Forum frolics that went on last year :rofl:

R-K

Both trips to Southport last year were really great, hope you can make it. :cheers: :yeah:

Mary
25th-January-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks for that guys. Have checked the website and printed out the form. Just need to talk to him indoors!

M

Sparkles
25th-January-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for that guys. Have checked the website and printed out the form. Just need to talk to him indoors!

M

Something tells me that decisions could be made a lot quicker if 'him indoors' was either consulted faster or would make his mind up more quickly :wink: :whistle: ... so, Mary, got any plans for this Saturday yet?!
S. x :flower:

johnah
25th-January-2005, 05:44 PM

Cheers,

M

Hi Mary,

It's not gossip, it's fact! JORDAN & TATIANA will be teaching and performing a cabaret spot at Southport in June.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Lindsay
25th-January-2005, 08:33 PM
Think there will be a huge Scottish contingent (again) this year :cheers:.
Probably the best weekender on offer in the UK, great value for money considering what you get.
Roll on June :clap:

Magic Hans
26th-January-2005, 08:45 PM

Bit sexist that eh!!! ... what about Terry!!??? :wink: :wink:

[ .... no I wasn't around at the time, I just read about them .... in very old Radio Times ... honest!!!! :whistle: :whistle: ]

Andy McGregor
27th-January-2005, 02:01 AM
Think there will be a huge Scottish contingent (again) this year :cheers:.
Probably the best weekender on offer in the UK, great value for money considering what you get.
My own opinion is that the Southport Weekender is pretty much the same as Camber - which is FAB :clap:

BUT, as someone who's spent 10 hours getting to Southport, if you're choosing between Camber and Soutport I'd say go for the nearest.

Dance Demon
27th-January-2005, 07:07 AM
BUT, as someone who's spent 10 hours getting to Southport, if you're choosing between Camber and Soutport I'd say go for the nearest.

or the one thats not near a landfi................oops !!!!!...lets not go down that road eh...... :rofl:

johnah
27th-January-2005, 11:30 AM

The 10 hour trip to Southport is not the norm from the East/West Sussex area, and last September there was a major hold up on the M6 due to a serious accident northbound.

As for choosing between Camber and Southport, that's down to each individual dancer - but, importantly, the dates don't clash. Southport is 10-13 June and Franco's Camber at the beginning of May.

:cheers:

Lory
27th-January-2005, 11:42 AM
Tee he he.... :evil wacky races laugh: :D

We were at the same juncton, at exactly the same time as Andy and his passengers (I know cos I was on the phone to them) but we 'listened' to the traffic reports :innocent: and decided to take a major detour, I was getting very frustated at the fact we were only doing 20mph in the main but in the end it only took us 6 and a half hours! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Map reader extraordinaire :waycool: :na:

under par
27th-January-2005, 12:11 PM

We were at the same juncton, at exactly the same time as Andy and his passengers (I know cos I was on the phone to them) but we 'listened' to the traffic reports :innocent: and decided to take a major detour, I was getting very frustated at the fact we were only doing 20mph in the main but in the end it only took us 6 and a half hours! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Map reader extraordinaire :waycool: :na:

Tee he he he he ........... even more evil Wacky races laugh!

Mrs Par and I have relatives in St Helens we drove up on the Thursday during the day took 3 hours 35 minutes and we had a skinful at the local that night.

Then took a 25 minute drive on Friday...yawn yawn ....so so ... relaxed
almost fell asleep.

Tee he he he :rofl:

Northants Girly
27th-January-2005, 12:29 PM

Map reader extraordinaire :waycool: :na: And they say us girlies can't read maps! :grin:

Lynn
27th-January-2005, 02:01 PM
...in the end it only took us 6 and a half hours!
Mrs Par and I have relatives in St Helens we drove up on the Thursday during the day took 3 hours 35 minutes and we had a skinful at the local that night.

Then took a 25 minute drive on Friday 10 hours... 6 hours... 4 hours... - people were saying how I had come all the way over from NI and travelled so far...a 45 min flight then about 45 min drive from Liverpool airport... :waycool: (OK so there was some waiting at the airport before the flight, drinking coffee and chatting...)

Simon r
27th-January-2005, 03:23 PM
who is organising southport. i want to go any ideas for places to stay would be handy as well...
love you all lots.
simon and nicole

TheTramp
27th-January-2005, 03:29 PM
who is organising southport. i want to go any ideas for places to stay would be handy as well...
love you all lots.
simon and nicole
It's a residential weekend mate. Same as Camber/Bognor. Don't need anywhere to stay.

Have a look at www.jiveaddiction.com. Hope to see you and Nicole there. It'll be a fantastic weekend (well, the previous 2 have been!).

Mary
27th-January-2005, 03:33 PM
love you all lots.
simon and nicole

Check the website link RK has put near beginning of thread. It looks like it's at a Pontins holiday camp - £109 all in (except food). It's run by Jive Addiction - midlands based.

M

Lory
28th-January-2005, 12:06 AM
Tee he he he he ........... even more evil Wacky races laugh!

Then took a 25 minute drive on Friday...yawn yawn ....so so ... relaxed
almost fell asleep.

Tee he he he :rofl:That was a Fiendish plan! :angry: :wink:

OK, the (Wacky) race (http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/wackyraces/index.html) is on.... 10th June.. destination Southport! :clap:

And this time, I want NONE of this cheating malarky! :D

Penelope Pitstop! :waycool:

under par
28th-January-2005, 12:30 AM
That was a Fiendish plan! :angry: :wink:

OK, the (Wacky) race (http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/wackyraces/index.html) is on.... 10th June.. destination Southport! :clap:

And this time, I want NONE of this cheating malarky! :D

Penelope Pitstop! :waycool:

Okay Miss Pitstop....the race is on. You had better watch out for me .....Mr Dastardly Dick....I'm so quick I could pop up right behind you .........at any time ready for an overtake..... :wink: :whistle:

Andy McGregor
28th-January-2005, 12:48 PM
The 10 hour trip to Southport is not the norm from the East/West Sussex area, and last September there was a major hold up on the M6 due to a serious accident northbound.

As for choosing between Camber and Southport, that's down to each individual dancer - but, importantly, the dates don't clash. Southport is 10-13 June and Franco's Camber at the beginning of May.

Of course they don't clash and I did say if you were choosing between the two.

According to the AA the drive time is 5 hours 7 mins from Worthing to Southport. But, you'd need to take a couple of half-hour breaks to that makes 6 hours. And then you'd have to negotiate the M25 on a Friday and the Birmingham area of the M6 too - add about 1.5 hours for that and you have a journey time of 7.5 hours. And you could be held up a bit longer if there's another accident or road works :tears:

Maybe I can get a flight from Gatwick :waycool:

Northants Girly
28th-January-2005, 12:51 PM
Maybe I can get a flight from Gatwick :waycool: I was thinking about going via Belfast! Maybe you could get a flight from Gatwick to Belfast and we'll pick up Lynn on the way :nice:

johnah
28th-January-2005, 01:32 PM
According to the AA the drive time is 5 hours 7 mins from Worthing to Southport. But, you'd need to take a couple of half-hour breaks to that makes 6 hours. And then you'd have to negotiate the M25 on a Friday and the Birmingham area of the M6 too - add about 1.5 hours for that and you have a journey time of 7.5 hours. And you could be held up a bit longer if there's another accident or road works :tears:

Maybe I can get a flight from Gatwick :waycool:

Not disputing what you say, but it's interesting to note Under Par's journey time. Perhaps his car's jet-propelled??? :rofl:

For many years some of us up north have travelled down to Bognor and Camber and, on ocassions, endured journey times of 10-12 hours on a Friday night, on others around 6 or 7 hours. But, it's been well worth it to meet up with friends who you may only see at a weekender and enjoy the dancing.

Also, when you've got an opportunity to see and be taught by awesome dancers/teachers like Nicky Haslam & Robert Winter or Jordan Frisbee & Tatiana Mollman, the time it takes to get to a venue matters little to some of us up north, we're used to it!

www.jiveaddiction.com

Lory
28th-January-2005, 01:33 PM
I was thinking about going via Belfast! Maybe you could get a flight from Gatwick to Belfast and we'll pick up Lynn on the way :nice: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This really IS Wacky Races! :D

Andy McGregor
28th-January-2005, 01:41 PM
Not disputing what you say, but it's interesting to note Under Par's journey time. Perhaps his car's jet-propelled??? :rofl:

I think he said he was staying up there so he wasn't travelling from Sussex.

Also, when you've got an opportunity to see and be taught by awesome dancers/teachers like Nicky Haslam & Robert Winter or Jordan Frisbee & Tatiana Mollman, the time it takes to get to a venue matters little to some of us up north, we're used to it!

www.jiveaddiction.com

And where is my rep for giving you the opportunity to get in another plug :wink:

Lory
28th-January-2005, 02:08 PM
well worth it to meet up with friends who you may only see at a weekender and enjoy the dancing.

~snip~ Robert Winter
Oh yes! :yeah: Can't wait to see you Robert! :kiss: :hug:

johnah
28th-January-2005, 03:04 PM
I think he said he was staying up there so he wasn't travelling from Sussex.
True, but, as he said, his journey time from Worthing to St Helens was 3hr 35mins, then St Helens to Southport 25mins. Total time 4hrs! So, clearly, Under Par is an impressive motorist! Wonder what his secret route is? :wink:

Whatever, however long it takes anyone to get to Southport, we hope the get to and fro safely!!!

TheTramp
28th-January-2005, 03:34 PM
True, but, as he said, his journey time from Worthing to St Helens was 3hr 35mins, then St Helens to Southport 25mins. Total time 4hrs! So, clearly, Under Par is an impressive motorist! Wonder what his secret route is? :wink:
Well, we know that, as a policeman, he wouldn't have been driving any faster than 70mph on the motorways. Of course. :whistle:

under par
28th-January-2005, 03:41 PM
Well, we know that, as a policeman, he wouldn't have been driving any faster than 70mph on the motorways. Of course. :whistle:

NEVER

I only ever break the speed limit on days ending in "Y", :wink:

Lynn
28th-January-2005, 03:53 PM
I was thinking about going via Belfast! Maybe you could get a flight from Gatwick to Belfast and we'll pick up Lynn on the way :nice: :rofl:

Did I mention that my 45 min flight from Belfast - Liverpool for June is £11 return (including taxes) :whistle:

But just as long car journeys are quite likely to hit delays somewhere along the way, I've found that certain low cost airlines tend to be frequently delayed :sad: (except when you are late for check in, then they are always on time! :rolleyes: ). Fortunately at £11 return I can afford to buy another coffee while I wait!

Rhythm King
28th-January-2005, 04:02 PM
NEVER

I only ever break the speed limit on days ending in "Y", :wink:

Mr UP's police car?

under par
28th-January-2005, 04:18 PM
Mr UP's police car?

I'm sorry RK there isn't chance in HELL that my demure frame could get into that shoe box!!! :mad:

Dance Demon
28th-January-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm sorry RK there isn't chance in HELL that my demure frame could get into that shoe box!!! :mad:

You could always stick your head out the sunroof :D

under par
28th-January-2005, 09:15 PM
You could always stick your head out the sunroof :D

What and lose all my hair like ........... nah I won't go there.....just yet!!! :flower:

Robert Winter
19th-February-2005, 07:09 AM
Also, when you've got an opportunity to see and be taught by awesome dancers/teachers like Nicky Haslam & Robert Winter At last I get my name mentioned :clap: . It is usually Nicky Haslam or if I am lucky Nicky Haslam & partner.

Not that I have a problem with that. :whistle:

Oh yes! :yeah: Can't wait to see you Robert! :kiss: :hug:YEAH BABY!!! I can't wait to see you either. :flower: :kiss:

Zebra Woman
19th-February-2005, 12:27 PM
Just remembered this.....

If You want your chalet to be in the forumites area, then you will need to let John and Wes know (in writing/email) by the end of April at the latest, so they can fix it.

Miss Conduct and I already have emailed southport@jiveaddiction.com :innocent: :innocent:

And she has already started packing :really:

We can't wait to see Robert Winter :whistle: :clap: :worthy: :cheers: :flower:

Lory
24th-February-2005, 09:32 PM

If You want your chalet to be in the forumites area, then you will need to let John and Wes know (in writing/email) by the end of April at the latest, so they can fix it.

Done! :na:

under par
28th-February-2005, 03:52 PM

Sounds great a FIXED chalet! :eek:

I wouldn,t have wanted one of those broken ones. :wink:

(The quality of the chalets is not in doubt)

Trousers
28th-February-2005, 04:10 PM
And they say us girlies can't read maps! :grin:

There is a publisher that makes a 'girly' friendly map.

Open it normally and the maps are orientated normally and North is at top 'o t page.

When you lucky 'Girly's need to come home Close the map book turn it upside down and by jingo South is now at the top of the page and all the words read up the right way too.

All they need now is the East - West pair and you girlies can go all over t' country!!! :devil:

Trousers
28th-February-2005, 04:11 PM
............lights blue touch paper and runs away dead quick!

DianaS
28th-February-2005, 05:03 PM
There is a publisher that makes a 'girly' friendly map.

Open it normally and the maps are orientated normally and North is at top 'o t page.

When you lucky 'Girly's need to come home Close the map book turn it upside down and by jingo South is now at the top of the page and all the words read up the right way too.

All they need now is the East - West pair and you girlies can go all over t' country!!! :devil:
Hmmm, a girl could take this personally ya know :blush:
It wasn't my fault we got lost. Alex wrote down the directions, he's a boy...
And it was another boy who was driving
- and he didn't know the way either, or have a map

And we beat you to the venue in any case don't ya know!
So it seems to me that the only person who got things sorted last Saturday was me. No map, hopeless directions and just the use of a mobile phone -

Which of course you were the other end of :flower:

Lory
28th-February-2005, 05:04 PM
I know more men than women, who could do with this! :innocent:

And Trousers, remember....you can run but you can't hide forever! :cool: :rofl:

Minnie M
28th-February-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trousers
There is a publisher that makes a 'girly' friendly map........../snip/............lights blue touch paper and runs away dead quick!

Hmmm, a girl could take this personally ya know :blush:

:yeah: :tears: :yeah: :angry: :devil:

Northants Girly
28th-February-2005, 05:10 PM
............lights blue touch paper and runs away dead quick!Better make sure you pack your fastest running shoes for Southport then ;)

Trousers
28th-February-2005, 05:19 PM
There seem to be a lot of ladies wearing their hats at the moment.....

You know if the hat fits wear it sort of thing.

I think I need my ACME Rocket pack and RollerSkates back off Wile Coyote for a while.............

Trousers
28th-February-2005, 05:20 PM
AARRrrrhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggggg ..........

DianaS
28th-February-2005, 05:43 PM
Her arm is long and vengence total :D :D

Zebra Woman
28th-February-2005, 05:47 PM
Her arm is long and vengence total :D :D

Ooohhh don't !!

He'd probably enjoy it :devil:

Trousers
28th-February-2005, 06:39 PM
Ooohhh don't !!

He'd probably enjoy it :devil:
Hey I resemble that statement! :whistle:

angelique
1st-March-2005, 11:27 PM

:angry: :angry:
<~~~~~~~~~is waiting as he speeds pass with my leg outstretched , ready to trip the scoundrel up! :devil:

Miss Pitstop, rev that car engine! Need a speedy getaway.....

catch the pigeon, catch the pigeon, ....

Lindsay
21st-March-2005, 04:09 PM
SPACED OUT are now to be dancing at in Southport Saturday cabaret :clap:

Can't wait to see Tatiana & Jordan. Been watching their online clips and these guys are unbelievable!! :worthy

Looking forward to another great w'end!

johnah
21st-March-2005, 06:04 PM
SPACED OUT are now to be dancing at in Southport Saturday cabaret :clap:

Can't wait to see Tatiana & Jordan. Been watching their online clips and these guys are unbelievable!! :worthy

Looking forward to another great w'end!

Awesome, unbelievable and only 21 years old. Yes, Jordan & Tatiana are something very special indeed, but then so are Nicky Haslam & Robert Winter! And, let's not forget, the formidable line-up of UK teaching talent too!

All in all, the BEST line-up of world-class teaching talent ever assembled for a single UK Jive Weekender!

With a little under 3 months to go now before the Jive event of the year, it's hardly surprising that places are being snapped up, cos there's now only around 200 left and preference will be given to men and mixed couples only!

So, if you don't want to miss out on this fabulous weekend, you know what to do!! :cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Wes
2nd-April-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey Johnah, 'you know what to do'......sounds familiar! :cheers:

johnah
7th-April-2005, 03:43 PM
SOUTHPORT IS SELLING FASTER THAN EVER! AND ALL INDICATIONS ARE THAT THE UK's BEST JIVE WEEKENDER WILL BE SOLD OUT SOON!

Over 1,000 dancers have already booked their places at June's SOUTHPORT EXTRAVADANCA! and, with the BEST line-up of world class teachers ever assembled for a single UK Jive Weekender, it's hardly surprising! :drool:

NICKY HASLAM & ROBERT WINTER [Australian Champions]
JORDAN FRISBEE & TATIANA MOLLMAN [USA Champions]
NICOLE CUTLER [BBC's Strictly Come Dancing & International Dance Champion]
NIGEL & NINA [UK Dance Legends]
VIKTOR ANDEKE [Current UK Jive Masters Champion]
AMIR GILES [fabulously talented]
JAMES LEES & MELANIE HUTTON [2004 UK Open Jive Intermediate Champions]
DAVID MARTIN & JAIME
SUE FREEMAN
BRADY & LINDSAY
PETER PHILLIPS & EVELYNE
MIKEY
PAUL AMOS
MARC & RACHEL

If you have been thinking about coming to this funtastic Jive Weekender, then we suggest it's "make your mind up" time. Leave it too late, and you will be disappointed! We sold out last September, and this June's Extravadanca is selling much faster.

We are currently accepting bookings from Men and mixed couples only. Sorry ladies. However, we are maintaining a reserve list in case of late cancellations.

Only 9 weeks to go now before the EXTRAVADANCA begins! See you all soon.

:flower:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Bardsey
7th-April-2005, 04:02 PM
We are currently accepting bookings from Men and mixed couples only. Sorry ladies. However, we are maintaining a reserve list in case of late cancellations.

Only 9 weeks to go now before the EXTRAVADANCA begins! See you all soon.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Phew! I didn't think I could make it this year, then just a couple of days ago found I could after all. Thankfully, 3 of my friends had a spare place in their chalet and asked me if I'd like to take it. So, I'll be there again :clap: Ok you can stop booing now......I'll behave myself (yeah....right!)

Lynn
7th-April-2005, 04:08 PM
So, I'll be there again :clap: :clap:
Great - it wouldn't be the same without you!
(And I don't mean the badges, though they were great...)

I'm really looking forward to it, even more of us coming over from NI this time - which is great for MJ in NI as it gives it a real boost!

Sheepman
8th-April-2005, 01:36 PM
Only 9 weeks to go now And for those of us who have been booked for ages, when do we need to get the balances paid? Do we get any confirmation of the booking before that?

Greg

Lynn
8th-April-2005, 01:40 PM
And for those of us who have been booked for ages, when do we need to get the balances paid? Do we get any confirmation of the booking before that? According to their website - 25th April. I'm not sure if there was a confirmation of booking after deposit (someone else was asking me that recently). Really looking forward to it!

Sparkles
8th-April-2005, 01:49 PM
Can't wait to see Tatiana & Jordan. Been watching their online clips and these guys are unbelievable!! :worthy:

Is there any chance you could put the link for these on the forum, please. I'd be interested in having a look before Southport...

S. x

johnah
8th-April-2005, 02:26 PM
And for those of us who have been booked for ages, when do we need to get the balances paid? Do we get any confirmation of the booking before that?

Greg

Booking confirmations are sent out upon receipt; some via email or text message, but mostly via post. Very occasionally, for whatever reason, someone calls to say they haven't received theirs. If anyone is in any doubt, an email or a call to us will soon bring confirmation or otherwise.

As for balances, these should ALL be paid by 25 April and all bookings after that date must be accompanied with full payment.

Admission passes, programmes etc are sent out to all Lead Names approximately 2 weeks before the event.

www.jiveaddiction.com

drathzel
11th-April-2005, 12:51 PM
Less than eight weeks to go!!!

Johnah.... can we pay by credit/debit card? :hug:

johnah
11th-April-2005, 01:16 PM
Less than eight weeks to go!!!

Johnah.... can we pay by credit/debit card? :hug:

Sorry, we don't accept credit/debit cards. Cheques for bookings and balances please. :cheers:

Balances due by 25 April please after which date full payment required with all new bookings please.

www.jiveaddiction.com

drathzel
11th-April-2005, 02:14 PM
Is any one going to southport as a single? :hug:

Rhythm King
11th-April-2005, 02:26 PM
Is any one going to southport as a single? :hug:
I've booked on my own, but asked to go in the Forumites area. Will bring your BFG photo for you :eek:

:rofl:

R-K :flower:

drathzel
11th-April-2005, 03:11 PM
I've booked on my own, but asked to go in the Forumites area. Will bring your BFG photo for you :eek:

:rofl:

R-K :flower:

Cool, only like 10 months later!!!

I am wanting to see who is about to be paired up with! (any sexy single male dancers want to bunk up)

Sparkles
11th-April-2005, 04:05 PM
Cool, only like 10 months later!!!

I am wanting to see who is about to be paired up with! (any sexy single male dancers want to bunk up)

I'm sure Mr R-K will offer his 'bunking-up' services should they be required by a beautiful damzel in distress such as yourself :whistle: :wink:

drathzel
11th-April-2005, 04:52 PM
Surely a handsome man like Mr R-K couldn't be single! :eek:

Rhythm King
12th-April-2005, 10:25 AM
Surely a handsome man like Mr R-K couldn't be single! :eek:
:blush: It's true, nobody loves me :tears:

drathzel
12th-April-2005, 11:02 AM
:blush: It's true, nobody loves me :tears:

Dont worry nobody loves me either! :tears:

Sparkles
12th-April-2005, 11:04 AM
Sounds like a match made in heaven to me... :wink: :flower: :flower:

stewart38
12th-April-2005, 11:54 AM

www.jiveaddiction.com

Have to respect this and something I dont think Camber does. I know there have been a number of complaints re recent events that there has been too many women. Dont know why :sad: