PDA

View Full Version : Count is progressing....10, 9,........

Lisa
13th-November-2002, 10:27 AM
Yep, I'm already getting hyper but do you realise the countdown to the fantastic 10th anniversary party has already begun?!!!

I'm really really excited and am looking forward to:

Jean and Franck's amazing class and meeting James & Janie Cronin.

Meeting and dancing with as many people as possible! Smiling lots and having lots of fun. :D :D

Seeing the first class Dundee cabaret again. I will be taking the prime viewing spot on the floor again and cheering the loudest. True Scotsman guys!!!!! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Seeing if the guys can resist stroking Sheena and whether FC flying her sexy scottish flag

Seeing the various secret codes being used that Heather et al., come up with for the forum id!!! ;) ;) ;)

The fantastic music that will be played. Who will win the battle of the DJs? Will CJ nick DJ Curtain's hat? Will all my favourite songs from 10 years ago be played?

Seeing all the ladies finally getting DJ Curtain on the dance floor (see IÕm persistent Paul!) :devil:

Taking Glasgow Janet for a swirl on the dance floor (well I am now officially her honorary male toothbrush user!). :D

Showing Graham my Krankie moves. Will he cope?!!!!!! :devil:

How ÒBetter Than ChocolateÓ Bill copes with the HIGH demand for his dances?

Seeing what Brady has in mind for his shimmying revenge!

IÕm looking forward to the laughs, exchange of gossip and aching feet the next dayÉ.always good indicators of a great night! My foot massage is already booked!

To seeing if a certain someone will be getting the BIRTHDAY BUMPS at the stroke of midnight. :devil: :devil:

Getting too hyper now. É.. canÕt wait to see you all there. I know IÕve missed some things of this list but will add things later! Must go do some work.

Is everyone else getting hyper yet...countdown is progressing. Was that S-Express song out in 92?

Lisa x

John S
13th-November-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
Seeing the first class Dundee cabaret again. I will be taking the prime viewing spot on the floor again and cheering the loudest. True Scotsman guys!!!!! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: Lisa, there were 7 guys in the team but you've only put 6 smileys - what do you know, and who told you??????
:wink:

Lisa
13th-November-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by John S
Lisa, there were 7 guys in the team but you've only put 6 smileys - what do you know, and who told you??????
:wink: Oopps! Here is the other one :yum: But hey the girls look great too - how many were in the caberet? Assuming it was all even...here's another seven! :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

We didn't get a dance last night. Double dance next time.

Lisa x

John S
13th-November-2002, 06:33 PM

We didn't get a dance last night. Double dance next time.

Lisa x

:nice: :nice:

Curtain
13th-November-2002, 11:04 PM
I can assure you of two things dear Lisa!! Firstly, NO-ONE nicks my hats. Secondly, dancing isn't part of my remit (lol). I'm far too shy for all that showing off jiggery pokery. Can't wait for the rest of it though.

p.s. Don't hold me to songs that were played 10 years ago either. Like I said in another post I was barely out of my primary school shorts and satchel, deejays were still Godlike and Take That were still touring (need I say more?)!!

CJ
14th-November-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Curtain

dancing isn't part of my remit (lol).

Do join in peeps:

OH YES IT IS!!!!

Graham
14th-November-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock

Do join in peeps:

OH YES IT IS!!!!
Be clearer: were we supposed to agree with you or say
OH NO IT ISN'T!!!!

CJ
14th-November-2002, 02:16 AM
Graham,

I couldn't be clearer if I played "Lovecats" +6%!!!

There is a conspiracy afoot to get Curtain on the floor, so

OH YES IT IS

is the correct answer.

Graham
14th-November-2002, 02:20 AM
Graham,

I couldn't be clearer if I played "Lovecats" +6%!!!
I've only just got this as I started to reply (lmao) - must be the wine. :what:

There is a conspiracy afoot to get Curtain on the floor, so

OH YES IT IS

is the correct answer.
Oh, well, in that case,

OH YES IT IS!!!!!!!

Lisa
14th-November-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Curtain
I can assure you of two things dear Lisa!! Firstly, NO-ONE nicks my hats.

Ah! Now that's a great shame because I need a new hat to add to my vast collection. :devil: :grin: I have pink ones, white ones, red ones, black ones but not a benny green 'un like yours! My pink teacosy is now getting is now two years old so I'll have to go shopping instead. Oh what a hardship!!!!

[i]p.s. Don't hold me to songs that were played 10 years ago either. [/B]

Well I agree with you and Franck on that issue too (DJ Booth thread) A few, but definitely not all night otherwise I'll think I'm in O'Henry's and I kinda worn that place out many moons ago!!! Variety is the spice of life, element of surprise and all that...... I will look forward to the musical gems and experimentations of both you and CJ. This is still in the wrong thread but whilst I'm here, if the vibe is right on the night and I'm not being too cheeky, could you fit one Nina Simone song in? My favourite voice. Even the Sonique version of "I put a spell on you" could substitute.

Lisa x

Lisa
14th-November-2002, 10:14 AM
Oh yes I forgot...8 days and counting.:grin:

Lisa x

Lorna
14th-November-2002, 02:12 PM
[ Secondly, dancing isn't part of my remit (lol). I'm far too shy for all that showing off jiggery pokery.

OH YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just you wait, Franck and I are going to work on you and as CJ says, it is part of your remit young man whether you like it or not:wink:

I will get you up on the dance floor within the next 6 months. To be a great Ceroc DJ you need to be commited to the dance and have a basic understanding of the dance. :grin:

You are a great DJ but you could be a brilliant Ceroc DJ with just a few dance lessons. I hear that CJ used to join in the class whilst working, now that to me is a REAL MAN. :waycool:

Come on, I challenge you to prove your manliness!!

GET ON THE DANCEFLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTSA LOVE LORNA X-X

SwingSwingSwing
14th-November-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Lorna

I hear that CJ used to join in the class whilst working, now that to me is a REAL MAN. :waycool:

He still does. I saw him last night.

Played some good stuff too.

SwingSwingSwing

Lindsay
15th-November-2002, 05:31 PM
Can we still get tickets for the Glasgow bash?

Gadget
15th-November-2002, 11:15 PM
Just happened to flick onto the 'calendar' section of the forum and noticed somthing that I thought I would bring to the attention of everyone here:

Franck's birthday is the day after the party and

Ceroc Jock's birthday is the day after that

...that's all :wink::innocent:

Heather
16th-November-2002, 01:21 PM
:D :D Have you just noticed that, Gadget !!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:
:cheers:
Heather
:kiss:

Gadget
18th-November-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D Have you just noticed that, Gadget !!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink:

I'm sure I noticed it before; just didn't register. Thought I would make sure that others noticed.

BTW, I take it that someone will arrange a 'forum corner' at the party :confused:? Or are we relying on bells ?

{"unclean...unclean..." ;)}

Heather
18th-November-2002, 12:50 AM
:D :D We Dundonians are VERY quick on the uptake!!! We noticed the birthdays WEEKS ago!!!!!
Forum Corner?? I think it was Dancing Veela and Franck who organised it last time. Over to you DV.
So, we'll finally get to know your identity??
Heather

Franck
18th-November-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Can we still get tickets for the Glasgow bash? Hi Lindsay,

You will be ok as you phoned / emailed me last week, but as of today, all tickets are sold out. I am still processing a few cheques, so don't worry if you did not receive your tickets yet, as long as you ordered them before today, you'll be fine.
I would like to apologize to anyone who wanted tickets but did not manage, the response to this event has been phenomenal, and numbers have far exceeded my expectations... I though we might get 200/250 people, but we are now sold out at 350! Making this the biggest Ceroc event ever organized in Scotland! :nice: The previous holder of the title, probably was the Free launch of the new Glasgow venue at the Plaza, which attracted 302 people 6 years ago or so...
I reckon next time, I'll pick a bigger venue, so we can all join in the fun.

Can I just use this post to remind everyone to make it on time for the start of the night, we have so many great things in store, that it would be a shame to miss any.

As for my birthday, being the day after?! Well, what can I say, some people will go to any length to make sure hundreds of people go to their birthday party and what a fantastic present it will be to see you all there! :wink:
Only kidding, the focus will be on 10 successful years of Ceroc in Scotland, and on the Sunday, Barbara my wife is treating me to my favourite restaurant for a relaxing treat...

Franck.

Dancing Veela
18th-November-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D We Dundonians are VERY quick on the uptake!!! We noticed the birthdays WEEKS ago!!!!!
Forum Corner?? I think it was Dancing Veela and Franck who organised it last time. Over to you DV.
So, we'll finally get to know your identity??
Heather

OH Heather EVERYBODY knows who I am now :grin: Sorry no can do on the Forum Corner front this time - I'm not going - I'm off to a Ceilidh on Saturday night - but y'all have a great time y'hear!

Dreadful Scathe
19th-November-2002, 10:30 AM
I've noticed that the most amount of people ever on this Forum was 30 - right after the Scottish Champs (listed at bottom of main page). Wonder how many that will go up by after the highly successful 10th Party? :)

Gus
19th-November-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
I've noticed that the most amount of people ever on this Forum was 30 - right after the Scottish Champs (listed at bottom of main page). Wonder how many that will go up by after the highly successful 10th Party? :)

Following on from that point would it not be a good idea to promote the forum at the Party ... must be loads of people who don't even realise it exists or what its all about .....

Slight downside ... look how busy it is at the moment ... what would happen if another 50 or so people joined in one go???

Stuart M
19th-November-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Following on from that point would it not be a good idea to promote the forum at the Party ... must be loads of people who don't even realise it exists or what its all about .....

Yeah, how about a "Forum" class Franck, where all our facial expressions have to match smilies during certain moves :grin: You know, this gives me an idea for a really stupid "What smiley are you?" thread...No, someone else can start it cos I'll just get into trouble.

Oh...and remember folks, only 4 days to go. I have 2 outfits looked out as yet. Along with the patented red and white top :rolleyes:, which should help Forum members identify me for purposes of dance :nice: or avoidance :sad:, that's 3. I need another ensemble. Mmm, how about a tux?

CJ
19th-November-2002, 03:50 PM
Stuart, you are so right.

I am going to baggie the :innocent: smillie before any imposter even thinks that they are more appropriate for this one.

Any truth in the rumour Scotland has sold out of red/white tops before Sat's sartorial showcase?

Stuart M
19th-November-2002, 04:14 PM
I am going to baggie the :innocent: smillie before any imposter even thinks that they are more appropriate for this one.

Presumably because it's looking up in a "where's my hair gone" sort of way... Actually the :what: one has gone as well because, according to sources, it's exactly the face Graham wears when he's dancing :D

Any truth in the rumour Scotland has sold out of red/white tops before Sat's sartorial showcase?
Mmm, creepy. Y'know, I've been looking for variations on the theme recently but there aren't any out there. Must be too popular or something.

Still 4 days to go. Hurry up, Saturday...

Graham
19th-November-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M

Actually the :what: one has gone as well because, according to sources, it's exactly the face Graham wears when he's dancing :D
I hope you've just made that up to be funny, Stuart, or your source might need to reserve the :tears: AND :sick: smilies. :reallymad :wink:

Stuart M
19th-November-2002, 06:45 PM
Actually the :what: one has gone as well because, according to sources, it's exactly the face Graham wears when he's dancing :D

Originally posted by Graham
I hope you've just made that up to be funny, Stuart, or your source might need to reserve the :tears: AND :sick: smilies. :reallymad :wink:
I refer the honourable gentleman :wink: to the reply he gave some days before...

Originally posted by Graham in the "Thanks for the dance!" thread...
Jayne - Since she managed to stop giggling at me when we danced (I'm told I look too serious, even when I'm trying to smile, although of course I can't be sure that's what she found so amusing :what: )
So it appears my source was, erm, Graham. There, there, stop banging your head off the monitor...
:na: with big noisy shiny bells on...

TheTramp
19th-November-2002, 07:02 PM
Can I please get this thread back on track.

There's now, just 4 days and 2.5 hours until the party starts....

And I'm dead excited, cos I've just found out that I'm coming.

Though I promised Franck that I'd behave :D

Steve

Wendy
19th-November-2002, 07:25 PM

I refer the honourable gentleman :wink: to the reply he gave some days before...

So it appears my source was, erm, Graham. There, there, stop banging your head off the monitor...
:na: with big noisy shiny bells on...

Too good Stuart -- just tooo goood hhaa haaaaaaaaa !!!(wonder which smiley he'll be wearing tonight when I remind of this !!!

Wx

Wendy
19th-November-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Can I please get this thread back on track.

There, there Trampy. GET USED TO IT !!!! !!!!

Wx

PS I know I'm dead excited as well !!!!

PPS If you were banned does that mean you are wicked ???? :devil:

TheTramp
19th-November-2002, 07:43 PM
Better believe it :devil:

Just ask Lisa, Laura and Fran :eek:

But I did promise Franck I'd behave :tears:

Steve

PS. Trampy????

Emma
19th-November-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Gus

what would happen if another 50 or so people joined in one go???

Then you'd have another 48+ on your case? :wink: :wink: :what: :grin: :grin: :devil:

Franck
19th-November-2002, 07:56 PM
But I did promise Franck I'd behave :tears: You did indeed! :wink:

So make sure you have plenty of fun, dance as extravagantly as ever, and save some of your bluesy moves for some of our Scottish girls! As long as you stay clear of aerial moves, I am sure you will be fine! :nice:

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Franck.

Franck
19th-November-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Then you'd have another 48+ on your case? :wink: :wink: :what: :grin: :grin: :devil: hehe Emm, :D :D Welcome back.
Good to see you back on form, and deserving your Forum label again :na: :cheers:

Franck.

Wendy
19th-November-2002, 08:05 PM
Trampy????

I think it's called juxtaposition - for dramatic effect ??? I was trying to give the impression that I was being chummy by calling you by a pet name and then shouting at you in a not very chummy way. I was just trying to be a bit funny... failed there then :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Anyway, hope to get a dance at the party and I promise not to talk !!!

Wx

TheTramp
19th-November-2002, 09:08 PM
I'll look forward to a dance on Saturday. You just have to be gentle with me, after all, I am a beginner.

If you're good, I might even let you call me Trampy! :grin:

Steve

TheTramp
19th-November-2002, 09:12 PM
So make sure you have plenty of fun, dance as extravagantly as ever, and save some of your bluesy moves for some of our Scottish girls! As long as you stay clear of aerial moves, I am sure you will be fine!

I'm sure that I will have plenty of fun. It's a bl**dy long way to come if I don't.

I'm not sure I could dance anything other than extravagently.

Are you going to play some bluesy tracks then? Can I suggest some?

And I don't do drops with anyone who hasn't given me permission, let alone aeriels. I may be flirty, extravagent and all that. But I'm not stupid or mean.

Can't wait until Saturday. :wink:
Especially since Lisa has already booked me for 1/2 the dances!! Or was it 3/4s??

Steve

Graham
19th-November-2002, 10:16 PM
There, there, stop banging your head off the monitor...

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD!
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I hope you've just made that up to be funny, Stuart, or your source might need to reserve the :tears: AND :sick: smilies.
See - I was right all along after all! :wink:

Gus
20th-November-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Emma

Then you'd have another 48+ on your case? :wink: :wink: :what: :grin: :grin: :devil:

And will you and your sweet cheeks be up here (errr Glasgow) at the weekend so I can return the favours in person?:devil:

Jayne
20th-November-2002, 03:31 PM
re THE TRAMP

Originally posted by Franck
and save some of your bluesy moves for some of our Scottish girls!

OK so I'm English, but I'm living in Scotland...

Just wanted to say hello Tramp... :wink:

Jayne
:nice:

Emma
20th-November-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Gus

And will you and your sweet cheeks be up here (errr Glasgow) at the weekend so I can return the favours in person?:devil:

Sadly not, darling...another time :waycool:

and..you have to admit you walked right into that one :nice:

TheTramp
20th-November-2002, 04:06 PM
OK so I'm English, but I'm living in Scotland...
Good choice!!! :wink:

Just wanted to say hello Tramp...
Hello :) And might I be so bold as to ask for the pleasure of a dance on Saturday then??

Steve

Lisa
20th-November-2002, 05:10 PM
Hey, I've missed all the countdowns! Only three days to go 'til we all dance our hearts out! I'm getting even more HYPER!

Steve-great to hear you're making the trip up to Scotland. You will love dancing with all the scottish ladies so expect to be in high demand! Please save a few extravagant + wicked :devil: dances for me though.

Lisa x

TheTramp
20th-November-2002, 05:14 PM
Please save a few extravagant + wicked dances for me though
As many as you want. I already told you that I'm yours all evening if you want me!! :devil:

Steve

Wendy
20th-November-2002, 08:25 PM
extravagant + wicked :devil:

So please, Mr Tramp, Sir, when I get that dance could you please make it one of those ??? Thank you. Sir. And thank you in advance swet Lisa for not keeping him to yourself all night.

And merci de bien vouloir agreer, Monsieur, l'expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs.

Wx

PS I really can't do any better than that !!!!

TheTramp
20th-November-2002, 08:42 PM
And merci de bien vouloir agreer, Monsieur, l'expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs.
Would anyone care to bring in the translator please?? Bablefish appears to no longer work :(

Swet Lisa??
Sweat?

So please, Mr Tramp, Sir, when I get that dance could you please make it one of those ???
I'll do my best. Just don't ask me to dance to Shania Twain then!!

Steve

Lisa
20th-November-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
extravagant + wicked :devil:

So please, Mr Tramp, Sir, when I get that dance could you please make it one of those ??? Thank you. Sir. And thank you in advance swet Lisa for not keeping him to yourself all night.

Wx

Hiya .....I'm only greedy when it comes to lemon flavoured white chocolates but not with dancers. I'll be trying to dance with as many of the ladies and gents as possible on the night.
See you soon,

Lisa x

TheTramp
20th-November-2002, 09:27 PM
Didn't you know, I'm actually a lemon flavoured white chocolate in disguise.

Honest.

:devil:

Steve

Wendy
21st-November-2002, 12:44 AM

swet Lisa .....

Sorry !!! Oops !!! My excuse is that I was in a rush cos going to CEROC !!!

Clearly meant to be sweet Lisa !!!!

Wx

(I'm not funny, I can't spell, I talk to myself, I missed Stuart off my fave dancers list, I quote my own posts and tonight I couldn't do no double spins :tears: :tears: :tears: ... hey that could be my signature thingy !!!! It's a bit bluesy .... mmmm... I'll get CJ to add some chords and FC to edit the lyrics..... I'm off topic.......still needs a bit of work.....)

Emma
21st-November-2002, 12:01 PM

I'm not funny, I can't spell, I talk to myself, I missed Stuart off my fave dancers list, I quote my own posts and tonight I couldn't do no double spins :tears: :tears: :tears:

We still love ya Wendy :kiss: :kiss: now stop feeling sorry for yourself and give someone hell! :grin: :grin:

Lisa
22nd-November-2002, 10:33 AM
Helloooooooo!

And finally ONE day to go :grin: Thank goodness its Friday at last cause I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's party. I'm apparently being a little too enthusiastic and smiley at work .... am I ever anything else when the weekend starts?

Dancing feet tapping already.

Lisa x

Safe journeys across/up/down to Glasgow.

Graham
22nd-November-2002, 10:49 AM
I'm apparently being a little too enthusiastic and smiley at work ....
Are you an undertaker, or are your colleagues just killjoys?

Lisa
22nd-November-2002, 11:20 AM

Are you an undertaker, or are your colleagues just killjoys?

Neither. I'm just feeling hyper this morning. Like Glasgow Jayne, I'm a scientist (this should go to the other thread). An older sciencey boffin asked how I was and my reply was just apparently very enthusiastic. I think us young 'uns in the lab keep him amused. :eek:

All krankied up :wink: and raring to go tomorrow?

Lisa x

Stuart M
22nd-November-2002, 11:42 AM
Safe journeys across/up/down to Glasgow.
Yep, safe driving, everyone. For anyone coming along the M8 from Edinburgh, remember there are roadworks on the section near Coatbridge, so leave a little extra time to get through.

Traffic report over :) It's just that Jayne and I went to see the Flamenco show at the Festival Theatre last night and it looked fairly busy westbound around 6pm.

Good show, by the way - I'll be incorporating various flamenco elements into my own style from now on :flying pig: .

CJ
22nd-November-2002, 01:15 PM
1 day to what???????????????

Have you lot organised something and I'm not invited?:tears:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-November-2002, 01:26 PM

I'm a scientist

Can you give me mutant powers? Ive wanted them since i was a kid :)

thanks in advance

Graham
22nd-November-2002, 02:29 PM

Neither. I'm just feeling hyper this morning. Like Glasgow Jayne, I'm a scientist (this should go to the other thread). An older sciencey boffin asked how I was and my reply was just apparently very enthusiastic. I think us young 'uns in the lab keep him amused. :eek:

All krankied up :wink: and raring to go tomorrow?

Lisa x Ah - another madly enthusiastic scientist. :grin:
And yes, I'm absolutely pumped up for our dance tomorrow - I might even manage a smile! :wink:

TheTramp
22nd-November-2002, 03:28 PM
Can you give me mutant powers? Ive wanted them since i was a kid
Ayup. That was easy to do. Your special mutant power is that when you wiggle your bum on the dancefloor, members of the opposite sex will fall over (laughing).

Now. Don't misuse them, but get out there, and save the world!

Another satisfied customer methinks *rubs hands together in a satisfied way*

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-November-2002, 03:39 PM

Ayup. That was easy to do. Your special mutant power is that when you wiggle your bum on the dancefloor, members of the opposite sex will fall over laughing.

Don't try and short change me with powers i already have!!!

Bloody Charlatan :)

TheTramp
22nd-November-2002, 03:41 PM
Sorry. You didn't say that you wanted ANOTHER mutant power in addition to the one you've already got. Bl**dy greedy some people.

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-November-2002, 03:45 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of x-ray vision...or the ability to run really fast...or being able to get into Ceroc without having to pay

something useful :)

TheTramp
22nd-November-2002, 03:47 PM
Ummmm. Sorry. We don't do useful.

How about the ability to make small rodents fall in love with you? Got that one going spare right now....

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-November-2002, 03:53 PM
hmm i seem to already be popular with rodents :)

however if I can get a power to shrink to the size of one I can then get into the Ceroc venue for nothing..and erm...try to dance with someone.....they're scared of rodents and run screaming...i get forced onto dance floor....er...aaaaaaagh SQUASH

no....maybe not

how about the super ability to not post rubbish like this into the forum? That would be quite some feat lol :D

TheTramp
22nd-November-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm really not sure that we can do that. It's too deeply ingrained in you. On the other hand, we are willing to chop off your fingers. It may not stop you, but it'll definitely make it harder.

Steve

TheTramp
23rd-November-2002, 01:40 PM
It's TODAY!!!!!

In just 8 hours, we'll all be in the Henry Wood Hall, bopping away!!

See you all there!

Steve

PS. Where is everyone this afternoon. 12:38, and I'm the only person logged on. Don't tell me that you're all at the workshop. Oh. I guess that you might be on your way to Glasgow!! :grin: