PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc In Singapore!

Robert Winter
23rd-January-2005, 10:21 AM
Ceroc & Modern Jive is delighted to announce our affiliation with the newest Modern Jive Dance Company in Asia, CEROC & MODERN JIVE SINGAPORE. Run by Julie Knight & Collin Penman (who many of you will remember from Sydney Classes and performances with Nicky's Advanced Demo Crew over the past 6 years). CMJ Singapore is committed to bringing our fun, high quality and professional Ceroc teaching methods, moves and routines to the community in Singapore. Check out their website at www.ceroc.com.sg (http://www.ceroc.com.sg), spread the word (their Ceroc classes start this coming Monday 24th January 2005) and join us in wishing them the very best of luck in their new business venture.

Nicky Haslam & The Team at Ceroc & Modern Jive, Sydney Australia

Minnie M
23rd-January-2005, 01:18 PM
Good luck with the new venture :flower:

under par
23rd-January-2005, 10:39 PM
Look forward to the oppurtunity when we can afford the long haul holiday.

Good luck hope it works out :cheers:

LilyB
24th-January-2005, 06:17 PM
Robert

I just came back from Singapore yesterday! :tears: Missed it by 2 days. My timing sure ain't getting any better. :sick:

LilyB

Robert Winter
19th-February-2005, 06:50 AM
I have always found your timing to be supurrrrb. YEAH BABY!!!

Oh well, maybe next time you are over.

Wes
20th-February-2005, 08:07 PM
Hiya Robert,
Chris and I will be coming back from Oz via Singapore in a few weeks, (after having visited you and Nicky a few times of course), so we now have another grrrrrrreeeaaat reason to stop-over, aside from the wonderful shopping and food in Singapore, we can now look forward to indulging ourselves in our favourite pastime, and perhaps get a dance there with Julie & Collin & Crew etc., so heres :cheers: and best wishes for taking modern jive to new horizons. Well done & Good luck, see y'all soon.
W.

Robert Winter
4th-March-2005, 12:21 AM
Fantastic. Let me know when you are coming to OZ so I can roll out the welcome mat for you both.

Paul F
4th-March-2005, 10:21 AM
Wow, thats great news. Im sure it will do really well.

Im planning to take a trip to Oz at the end of the year. I wonder if I could plan it well enough to get a stopover in Singapore. :D

Hmmmm....

Yliander
4th-March-2005, 10:47 AM
Don't forget to include Perth in your visit to Australia, our weather is MUCH better than Sydney's :na: ;)

And the dancing is good to :D

Paul F
4th-March-2005, 02:18 PM
Don't forget to include Perth in your visit to Australia, our weather is MUCH better than Sydney's :na: ;)

And the dancing is good to :D

I have 2 sisters that have just moved to Perth. So the dancing is good is it ......... :whistle: :D

I really should visit them more often :blush:

Yliander
4th-March-2005, 06:23 PM
I have 2 sisters that have just moved to Perth. So the dancing is good is it ......... :whistle: :D

I really should visit them more often :blush: Indeed it is!!! :D do your sisters dance?

of course you should vist more often!

Paul F
5th-March-2005, 12:26 PM
Indeed it is!!! :D do your sisters dance?

Alas, no. I tried to convince them to go to a couple of classes but they never got around to it. Shame.

If only people would just go along and see what we do, a lot of them would be hooked. Its so difficult trying to explain in words what it is.

I will drag them along when im over there :nice:

Chicklet
10th-July-2006, 12:47 PM
Wonder if Mr Winter is watching......

Did Singapore not take off?
Just tried to click the link and it's not playing....

ta
C

Andreas
10th-July-2006, 12:57 PM
Hasn't been online in a while. I assume either it did not take off or the guys left Singapore again. Mind you, I can imagine it to be anything but easy to get a foot down in the Singapore dancing scene, as there are some very fine dancers teaching there. So launching a new style sounds like an uphill battle in a big way.

Chicklet
10th-July-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks Andreas - any classes you would recommend on a short visit??

Andreas
10th-July-2006, 07:59 PM
Check http://www.swingapore.com/

I did a workshop of the Swing dancers in NZ a few years back and they were great, good in teaching and really great to watch.

Robert Winter
27th-July-2006, 10:15 AM
Yes, it did take off. But Colin and Julie have totally dropped off the radar. They don't seem to be hailing to e-mail, phone calls etc, so I am not totally sure what is happen right at the mo.

I will post here if/when I get more details.