PDA

View Full Version : TOP TIPS for enjoying the car journey to and from the dance

Zebra Woman
18th-January-2005, 08:27 PM
AMUSE yourselves by taking it in turns to recount entertaining tales from your last weekender :wink: . Finish off the evening with blueberry muffins and Earl Grey tea. :drool:

Any more ideas?

ZW :flower:

Zebra Woman
18th-January-2005, 08:49 PM
AMAZE Your friends with your pop knowledge by memorising the artists and titles of all the tracks on 6 CD's. Play them to your passengers, awarding one point for artist and another for title -

If they don't get it then HEY PRESTO you wow them with your musical knowledge. :clap:

under par
18th-January-2005, 08:50 PM
AMAZE Your friends with your pop knowledge by memorising the artists and titles of all the tracks on 6 CD's. Play them to your passengers, awarding one point for artist and another for title -

If they don't get it then HEY PRESTO you wow them with your musical knowledge. :clap:

I spy :hug:

drathzel
19th-January-2005, 12:02 PM
who am i!!!! Ask questions and first person to get it wins!!! :hug:

TheTramp
19th-January-2005, 12:14 PM
Fine. But does anyone have any decent suggestions for a 12 hour bus journey to London (and then another one back to Dundee) this weekend??

drathzel
19th-January-2005, 12:20 PM
Fine. But does anyone have any decent suggestions for a 12 hour bus journey to London (and then another one back to Dundee) this weekend??

sleep.... and a portable dvd player!! or laptop! :hug:

philsmove
19th-January-2005, 01:41 PM

Simple you need the company of the likes of M and C (both from Bristol)
On the way down they invent false identities for giving to any new men they meet

On the way back they compare notes

It’s an amazing insight to the world of the single women

TheTramp
19th-January-2005, 01:48 PM
Great. If they can be in Dundee at 8:30pm tomorrow night then. That'd be fine!

BeeBee
19th-January-2005, 01:51 PM
On the way down they invent false identities for giving to any new men they meet

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reminds me of nights out where chums have 're-invented' themselves, one was a lifestyle advisor ( :confused: ) and the other was a jockey . . . :eek:

under par
19th-January-2005, 02:49 PM

FLY !

TheTramp
19th-January-2005, 03:31 PM
FLY !
Thank you. If you can make the cheque payable to me, and mail it asap, that'll be great!!

The bus is about 1/4 the cost of the flight. Which means that I still can't afford it really at the moment. But am coming anyhow!!

It's great being a student again :what:

Graham W
19th-January-2005, 06:04 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reminds me of nights out where chums have 're-invented' themselves, one was a lifestyle advisor ( :confused: ) and the other was a jockey . . . :eek:

..strolled into what I thought was a pub in the other nite & everyone was flippin 19.. so I said my friend better play the part of the owner & me as the mafia contact ( I had hair gel & was wearing black)

'M' & 'C' ??? - v James Bond!! , Q

G

Lou
19th-January-2005, 07:51 PM
......was wearing black....
Geddaway! :really: :eek:

Stuart
19th-January-2005, 09:53 PM
Champions League Lorry Spotting

This works best on Motorways/A Roads. The driver and passenger each select a haulage firm e.g. Eddie Stobart and Norbert Dentresangle. Agree that one person is the "home" side and the other the "away" side.

The journey commences and the "home" side scores one goal for one of their lorries seen and the "away" side two goals (away goals count double as in the Champions League). The first leg ends when you reach your destination.

Coming back the home and away sides change over. The winner is the side with the highest aggregate score at the end of the journey.

Gadget
19th-January-2005, 10:50 PM
Could always do the licence plate alphabet if you are really board.

If you have a camera flash you can have some fun with people speeding past you :devil:

Or pick something that just passed an the first to spot another one wins the right to start again.

Or buy an Eye-spy travel book.. do they still do those? I remember them from my time sitting in the back of my parent's car on long journeys...

CJ
20th-January-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, as someone who drives approx 30k per year with 3 other blokes in the van, our faves are:

The drinking thinking pub game:
people
bands
sports teams
cities
rivers (which was bloody tough)

Use either first letter, last letter or just bleed one letter dry.

Another thing: just in case w e get stuck in a real car park situation, we always carry some Billy Connolly, Robin Galloway real Wind Up CD's. REALLY breaks up any tension in the whole van!! :D

BTW, I liked your idea of a portable dvd player/laptop: does anyone know if Tramp has a laptop?!? :wink:

ElaineB
30th-January-2005, 10:49 PM

To the old 'what's your job' line, I used to answer 'Egyptologist' - worked quite well until they realised that I was a Mummy. Boy, do Men run when they realise that you are a single parent with a little one! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elaine

TheTramp
30th-January-2005, 11:24 PM
Top tip for enjoying the journey.

Don't end up sitting, squashed into a seat, by a smelly German who's bigger than you are, and who wants to lean on you when he falls asleep!! :tears:

(The journey back was much better though)

Lory
30th-January-2005, 11:38 PM
(The journey back was much better though)Oh yeah! What was she like then? :wink: :D