PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday 22nd Jan - Where will you be?

Zebra Woman
18th-January-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm just curious to see if these two big nights are going to split the Tartan.....

Supplementary question - What happens to sporrans in the blues room?

Bigger Andy
18th-January-2005, 02:41 PM
... two big nights ...

Shouldn't that be three ?

What about this BIG event :-

NEW FREESTYLE EVENT FOR 2005....

Saturday 22nd January 2005
Modern Jive Freestyle Dance
with
Jive Hive (Kent) & JAG Jive (Surrey)
Bringing 'Two Counties' Together!
At
'Rianos'
33 Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8RX.

8.00pm until 11.45pm.
2 DJ's John Miller & John Ford (Camber DJ's).
2 Licensed Bars, Large Car Park (Free parking).
Beautiful Dance Floor.

Entrance for Freestyle Only £8.
Reserve in advance to guarantee your entrance -70% SOLD OUT: -
Jive Hive Telephone 07751 362949.
Email dance@jivehive.co.uk
JAG Jive Telephone 01372 457583.
Email jag_jive@hotmail.com

(A La Carte Restaurant is available if you wish
to reserve separately for dinner beforehand)
(Telephone 01622 681452 to reserve for the Restaurant Only)
www.rianos.com

Zebra Woman
18th-January-2005, 03:06 PM
Sorry Bigger Andy ,that was bound to happen! I did look around on the listings before I posted, even checking Scotland :blush:

Four of us are driving down to London and we are still arguing amongst ourselves about what to do ! :eek: It would be possible to drop people off at Hammersmith , do Chiswick and pick them up on the way back. I think Maidstone is out of our range, but have a great night :cheers:

ZW :flower:

Minnie M
18th-January-2005, 03:47 PM
or for something completely different :-

Zydeco at the Wilf Slack Sports Club, 19 East End Rd. Finchley N32SU 8pm to midnight live band WHISKEY RIVER - ring 01243 576 696

I will be baby sitting my grandsons - so it is TV for me Saturday night :tears: :tears: :tears: (and looking at the forum of couse :really: )

Rhythm King
18th-January-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm doing the blues workshop and have booked for the evening in Chiswick. Given that it's not far from Hammersmith, I guess there could always be a little room for cross-pollination! I have heard that others are considering it. . .

R-K

TheTramp
18th-January-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll be at Hammersmith in the evening.

Sorry :flower:

Swinging bee
18th-January-2005, 10:00 PM
Shouldn't that be three ?

What about this BIG event :-

NEW FREESTYLE EVENT FOR 2005....

Saturday 22nd January 2005
Modern Jive Freestyle Dance
with
Jive Hive (Kent) & JAG Jive (Surrey)
Bringing 'Two Counties' Together!
At
'Rianos'
33 Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8RX.

8.00pm until 11.45pm.
2 DJ's John Miller & John Ford (Camber DJ's).
2 Licensed Bars, Large Car Park (Free parking).
Beautiful Dance Floor.

Entrance for Freestyle Only £8.
Reserve in advance to guarantee your entrance -70% SOLD OUT: -
Jive Hive Telephone 07751 362949.
Email dance@jivehive.co.uk
JAG Jive Telephone 01372 457583.
Email jag_jive@hotmail.com

(A La Carte Restaurant is available if you wish
to reserve separately for dinner beforehand)
(Telephone 01622 681452 to reserve for the Restaurant Only)
www.rianos.com
Andy you are just so kind! Thanks for the great advertisement, we are now 85% sold out in advance.
John & Linda Ford

Minnie M
19th-January-2005, 12:25 AM
Welcome Swinging bee (or should be Bees :whistle: )

Look forward to your posts :hug:

Andy McGregor
19th-January-2005, 03:28 AM
Andy you are just so kind! Thanks for the great advertisement, we are now 85% sold out in advance.
John & Linda Ford

I will call tomorrow and book for me and Sue :flower:

Missy D
19th-January-2005, 10:10 AM
or for something completely different :-

Zydeco at the Wilf Slack Sports Club, 19 East End Rd. Finchley N32SU 8pm to midnight live band WHISKEY RIVER - ring 01243 576 696

I will be baby sitting my grandsons - so it is TV for me Saturday night :tears: :tears: :tears: (and looking at the forum of couse :really: )

Wow something going on in Finchley - i could walk there!

Shame you dont live closer to me Minnie i am always needing a babysitter and its so hard to get one in Finchley - sure my Amy would keep your grandsons entertained with you!! :innocent:

I am planning to go to Hammersmith saturday with Crazy sis :rofl: :rofl:

Swinging bee
19th-January-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi Minnie,
Many thanks for your kind welcome. Big hug to you from us 2 xx

Swinging bee
19th-January-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Andy & Sue,
Your names will be on the list at the door, only 5 places left now. L & Jxx

Minnie M
19th-January-2005, 04:15 PM
Shame you dont live closer to me Minnie i am always needing a babysitter and its so hard to get one in Finchley - sure my Amy would keep your grandsons entertained with you!! :innocent:

Wot a shame - and there is lots to do with them down here too - looking forward to the weekend with them :clap: - but really gutted gonna miss out on seeing out Scottish friends and especially a dance with Franck :tears: with a kilt :drool: on too :tears: :tears:

The Zydeco gig will be great - and it is very popular - too much going on !

Cruella
20th-January-2005, 09:05 PM
I'll be at Hammersmith, as a new forumite would love to put a few faces to names, so please come and say hello. I'll be the one with the blonde streak in the front of my hair, it's pretty obvious you can't miss it. :D

TheTramp
21st-January-2005, 10:56 AM
I'll be at Hammersmith, as a new forumite would love to put a few faces to names, so please come and say hello. I'll be the one with the blonde streak in the front of my hair, it's pretty obvious you can't miss it. :D
I'll try to work out who you are, and ask you for a dance then :whistle:

Clive Long
21st-January-2005, 11:11 AM
Wow something going on in Finchley - i could walk there!

<< cut >>

I am planning to go to Hammersmith saturday with Crazy sis :rofl: :rofl:

Finchley was too lazy for it own good for years. But the new Arts Deport has presented some quality stuff - I saw Tango Latino and there is some "modern dance" there Sat night.

The "arts centre" for years was All Saints Church Hall, Whetstone - Ceroc use it - most interesting lighting effects they have there. :whistle:

I would go to Hammersmith kick-fest this Sat (missed last 3 !!) but wot wiv me poor old knee. :tears:

CRL

Minnie M
21st-January-2005, 11:16 AM
Finchley was too lazy for it own good for years. But the new Arts Deport has presented some quality stuff - I saw Tango Latino and there is some "modern dance" there Sat

ZYDECO - see my post above (#4)

definitey NOT modern dance - this dance is even older than me :eek: :whistle:

(I assume this is the dance you are referring to)

MartinHarper
21st-January-2005, 12:03 PM

There's a festival of the stuff in Gloucester in a week's time. I wonder if it'll be worth going to.
http://www.glos-city.gov.uk/libraries/templates/page.asp?URN=2253

Clive Long
21st-January-2005, 01:10 PM
But the new Arts Deport has presented some quality stuff - I saw Tango Latino and there is some "modern dance" there Sat

(I assume this is the dance you are referring to)

We no speaky about same thing missy.

See: http://www.artsdepot.co.uk/event_details.php?event_id=80

Simon r
21st-January-2005, 02:01 PM
Will be at Hamersmith so save us a dance ....
cant think of words to describe me

stewart38
21st-January-2005, 04:08 PM

Ill be there, maybe people on this forum should develop a secret hand single, like the free masons :sick:

Lou
21st-January-2005, 04:35 PM
Ill be there, maybe people on this forum should develop a secret hand single, like the free masons :sick:
Good idea, stewart. Maybe it could involve bouncing?

Katie
22nd-January-2005, 02:13 PM
Can somebody tell me what time Hammersmith finishes tonight?

Zebra Woman
22nd-January-2005, 02:39 PM

Miss Conduct will be at Hammersmith, I will ask her try and point you out to Diana and Senorita tonight.....two birds with one stone :whistle:

They are both fab dancers but sadly they have no secret hands and only one is single :rofl:

I will be at Chiswick with LL :hug: :worthy: :clap: :waycool:

Though I will be at Hammersmith at the end of the night, as my lift home is from there. :devil:

:cheers: I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT NIGHT :cheers:

under par
22nd-January-2005, 09:13 PM
:cheers: I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT NIGHT :cheers:

I am, and will remain at work ALL evening. :sad:

Had a great night last night though at Ashtons and I hope that where ever you are you all have a good time.

Feelingpink
23rd-January-2005, 02:13 PM
I am, and will remain at work ALL evening. :sad:

Had a great night last night though at Ashtons and I hope that where ever you are you all have a good time.

Poor UP - it was fabby ... wished you could have been there. It was wall to wall slinkiness .... well, except for those people who continued to energetically jive to slow tracks after having done the blues workshop - ah well, no changing some people. LL played yummy stuff (including Pink Panther remix - yes!) and I snuck into the jive room for a couple of JB tracks. A fun night ... including one partner's conversion to try Hipsters, another partner into beginning to take notice of the breaks (he kinda had to - I refused to move during some of them :devil: ) and another into rejoining this forum. And it was lovely to meet Tiggerbabe! :flower:

Gus
23rd-January-2005, 02:13 PM
Anybody got a review of how Chiswick and Hammersmith went last night. Heard LL was on top form at Chiswick but the numbers were down a bit ... but plenty of forumites. Any pother views/comments?

Clive Long
23rd-January-2005, 03:21 PM
Anybody got a review of how Chiswick and Hammersmith went last night. Heard LL was on top form at Chiswick but the numbers were down a bit ... but plenty of forumites. Any pother views/comments?

Personal comment on Hammersmith.

Too crowded (as always).

PA rubbish (as always) so couldn't hear what the DJ said (is that a problem we ask? :whistle: )

I trod on and "scraped" about 4 people (as always) - sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

Good danceable tracks. I know I have a bad knee - but it's Hammersmith !

Enjoyed myself (as always).

Clive

RobC
23rd-January-2005, 03:34 PM
Compared to previous years when there hasn't been any other Jive event on in the South East the same weekend, the numbers in the Jive room were down, but that's not why we were there :wink:
The Blues room was heaving and I had some excellant dances there, even though there was one idiot trying to do fast (out of time) big jive moves with no regard for other dancers :angry:

That said, what we had in the Jive room was quality, not quantity. Must admit I probably spent more time in the Jive room that the Blues, simply because there was a wealth of fantastic ladies to dance with, and the room to enjoy the dance. I really hope that next year Ceroc put Hammersmith on the same night as Swinging The Blues again. That way all the inconsiderate, hand-bouncing, idiots that do floor-level drops on crowded dance floors can go do what they like again at Hammersmith and leave the rest of us with space to enjoy ourselves. :clap:

Paul F
24th-January-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

Not been around the forum for a while . Hope i remember what to do :grin:

Just wanted to say it was great meeting up with some forumites (David Y and Jivecat) at the weekend.
I was down in Nottingham teaching at the MG Centre. Had a great night and some wonderful dances. Hope to make it back down again soon.

Paul

Lisa
24th-January-2005, 11:26 AM
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to say that it was a fantastic weekend in London. It was so great to catch up and dance with so many folk that I haven't seen in ages. I was dancing on air afterwards. :clap:

Here's some piccies from the post dancing celebrations
(That didn't work but Franck's on the case!)

See you all soon,

Lisa xx

Mary
24th-January-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm afraid the only reason for us going to Hammermith on Saturday was to see the forum friends from Scotland (and a few other friends as well). Having said that it was great to see these folk and had a couple of gorgeous dances with Franck - because we had a little bit of space for it!

Unfortunately, I had my foot trodden on fairly early on, and although I continued to dance intermittently for the rest of the evening, when I got home I couldn't sleep as my foot became extremely painful. Then when I tried to get up and have some painkillers I couldn't stand and had visions of a trip to A & E the next morning, and not being able to start my next job, as well as not dance for a while. Panic! Foot OK now though (almost). Panic over.

Also found a few holes in the floor. Felt there were an awful lot of predators waiting to pounce on the teachers at the end of each track, so some of the teachers never got a chance to dance with some of the people they would liked to have danced with. Mind you I think some of the teachers fell into the 'predator' category as well. :wink: :devil:

I think Chiswick would have been more our cup of Earl Grey, but on a positive note it was great to see folk we don't see very often. Oh, and not a bad set was played.

M

Simon r
24th-January-2005, 02:09 PM
Did try to get to you mary but never managed to get off the floor. hopr you are feeling better and will grab you next time i see you :kiss:

Mary
24th-January-2005, 02:27 PM
Did try to get to you mary but never managed to get off the floor. hopr you are feeling better and will grab you next time i see you :kiss:

Aww, Simon, I don't have a beef with you, or anyone for that matter, it was just my observations of the evening. Besides, we have lots of other opportunities for a dance. :hug:

M