PDA

View Full Version : This Friday 21st Jan - What do doing?

Northants Girly
18th-January-2005, 11:43 AM
There seems to be quite a few social events happening this Friday. What is everyone up to? :)

Gus
18th-January-2005, 12:34 PM
Ahemm ... the North West posse will be at Cool Catz at the Knutsford Civic Centre ... start at 8.30, finish at midnight. Soooooo ... after I pack up , drive home, and unpack that should leave me about 3 hours before I have to get to the airport to join the 80 other dancers going on the Dance and Ski holiday :clap:

Northants Girly
18th-January-2005, 12:38 PM
Ahemm ... the North West posse will be at Cool Catz at the Knutsford Civic Centre ... start at 8.30, finish at midnight. Soooooo ... after I pack up , drive home, and unpack that should leave me about 3 hours before I have to get to the airport to join the 80 other dancers going on the Dance and Ski holiday :clap:Sorry I missed you guys out but I had enuff trouble with writing 5 options and spelling everthing right!

Wish I was coming with you - are you sure you can't squeeze me in your suitcase? :wink:

Gus
18th-January-2005, 02:07 PM
Wish I was coming with you - are you sure you can't squeeze me in your suitcase? :wink:There are so many repsonses to that ... none of which would be allowable in public :innocent:

Dance Demon
18th-January-2005, 04:33 PM
The Northern UK posse :wink: ......will probably be at the first ROUTE 66 of the year........ :waycool: :waycool:

Bex
18th-January-2005, 04:46 PM
Errrr, think you need to add Twyford to your list for this Friday night!!! Two Classes with Billco, freestyle until 11.30pm.

Bex :cheers:

Stuart
18th-January-2005, 05:24 PM
Twyford for me as it is only up the road.

Aleks
18th-January-2005, 05:31 PM
The Northern UK posse :wink: ......will probably be at the first ROUTE 66 of the year........ :waycool: :waycool:

:yeah: Can't wait!

Northants Girly
20th-January-2005, 02:56 PM
PS. forgot to say that I set the poll up so that you can vote for more than one thing :grin:

PPS. and DianaS does a mean Lasagne :wink:

bobgadjet
20th-January-2005, 02:58 PM
the poll suggests Erik & I will have to be ob best behaviour.

Don't forget those requests, by tonight PLEASE

TheTramp
20th-January-2005, 05:12 PM
Is there going to be a 'forum' corner then?? Since I don't know everyone on the list who says that they will be there :tears:

under par
20th-January-2005, 06:06 PM
Is there going to be a 'forum' corner then?? Since I don't know everyone on the list who says that they will be there :tears:

Sounds like a fine idea but I don't know the venue well enough to name an area. Any regulars out there can help?

bobgadjet
20th-January-2005, 06:44 PM
Sounds like a fine idea but I don't know the venue well enough to name an area. Any regulars out there can help?
If you can stand the noise of the huge fan, I propose the stage corner opposite the DJ table.

Failing that, if you NEED to be near the bar, I think Lory is getting early to reserve a couple of tables in the centre of the area, just to the left of where you come in, between the two barriers that are at the bar end of the dancefloor.

For those that need to know, Ashtons now has a NO SMOKING policy at the tables around the dancefloor, and smoking is confined to the area alongside the bar.

So its your choice......by the fan......or by the smokers.

Either way, I could make it very clear for those not there early.

ALSO
as a trial, from 8.15pm I am doing "the latin quarter", and that will not mean serving Bacardi & Coke.

A full 15, if not 25 minutes of pure latin, or latin based music. Dance or listen, its up to you.

How about name labels ? as I'm not familiar with many other forumites either

Lynn
20th-January-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, as I´m on Fuerteventura... not sure! Here with another MJer so might find somewhere to dance! :waycool:

Minnie M
21st-January-2005, 10:20 AM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee I can go to Ashtons tonight !

My poor family have gone down with this horrible sickness bug (I really do feel sorry for them) BUT because of this, they no longer require a baby sitter :D

Need a lift to get there now :rolleyes: not sure if my car is healthly enough at the mo

Rhythm King
21st-January-2005, 12:22 PM

My poor family have gone down with this horrible sickness bug (I really do feel sorry for them) BUT because of this, they no longer require a baby sitter :D

Need a lift to get there now :rolleyes: not sure if my car is healthly enough at the mo

Hip Hip Hooray! Save me a dance please MM

R-K :flower:

bobgadjet
21st-January-2005, 12:37 PM
Hip Hip Hooray! Save me a dance please MM

R-K :flower:
AND ME

to make up for Bognor.:clap: :clap:

Lory
21st-January-2005, 02:32 PM

That's great Minnie! :clap:

psssst, you forgot to tick the box! :o :hug:

Minnie M
21st-January-2005, 03:25 PM
That's great Minnie! :clap:

psssst, you forgot to tick the box! :o :hug:

I can come now but :blush: but......... really want a travelling companion/lift, as don't have too much confidence in my car to travel alone - hate to break down and spend hours by myself waiting for the AA

- gonna tick the box anyway as I really want to go - want that dance with Franck :yum:

under par
21st-January-2005, 05:04 PM

Lynda if you can get to Worthing by 1830 hours, you can come with me and Mrs Par..

tel number via PM for confirmation.

UP :hug:

Minnie M
21st-January-2005, 05:16 PM
Lynda if you can get to Worthing by 1830 hours, you can come with me and Mrs Par..

tel number via PM for confirmation.

UP :hug:

THANK YOU PAUL :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Zebra Woman
21st-January-2005, 05:33 PM
THANK YOU PAUL :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Yeah Thanks Paul . See you later Minnie... :clap: Yippee :clap:

Dance Demon
21st-January-2005, 05:36 PM
Well, now we know what all the forumites "darn Sarf" are doing, just thought I'd mention a Scottish venue on this Scottish Forum :wink: .........for all of you who can't manage down to London.......you can come along to Route 66 in Edinburgh, and dance to all thats best in Blues, swing, Soul, and a bit of Jump Jive & roots RnB....supplied by me an' Dr Feelgood.....details HERE (www.route66jive.com) ..... :waycool:

Clive Long
21st-January-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, now we know what all the forumites "darn Sarf" are doing, just thought I'd mention a Scottish venue on this Scottish Forum :wink: [/URL] ..... :waycool:

So what's it like being culturally invaded all over again?

:rofl: :rofl:

Dance Demon
21st-January-2005, 06:14 PM
So what's it like being culturally invaded all over again?

yep......the English have been " culturally invading" Spanish holiday resorts and football tournaments too for quite a while now....real ambassadors for culture :eek: :wink:

Minnie M
21st-January-2005, 06:38 PM
So pleased I will be at Ashtons tonight but also very very upset DD wont be there - gonna miss you lots :tears: :tears:

When will we meet again(woops I feel a song coming on)

Blackpool ???

Was hoping to book you for the Winning Post Club - but not working there now .........

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Dance Demon
21st-January-2005, 07:38 PM
So pleased I will be at Ashtons tonight but also very very upset DD wont be there - gonna miss you lots :tears: :tears:

When will we meet again(woops I feel a song coming on)

Blackpool ???

Was hoping to book you for the Winning Post Club - but not working there now .........

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

See you at Blackpool Minnie :clap: :clap: ... And again at Southport if you are going. look forward to some fab dances :hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Northants Girly
21st-January-2005, 08:59 PM
Serves me right for starting this thread - I've got a bloody awful throat infection and throbbing headache so I won't be coming out to play anywhere :(

I hope you all have a great evening whereever you are boogying !!

NG xx

Minnie M
22nd-January-2005, 05:21 AM
See you at Blackpool Minnie :clap: :clap: ... And again at Southport if you are going. look forward to some fab dances :hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

:yeah: Missed you tonight DD so really looking forward to Blackpool now - are you DJing there ?

Just got in from Ashtons and what a night it was - had my dance with Franck (in his kilt) fabby :worthy: fabby :worthy: fabby :worthy:

Trampy and Franck must be danced out - they were such demand only had a chance to have one dance with each - but they were worth it :worthy:

Had lots of really great dances, thank you all fellas (didn't get a chance to dance with the smooth dancing ChrisA :tears: ) even JB was there with Mrs.JB - really nice to see them both and JB dancing :waycool: don't see that too often

Missed out on my dances with the Tiggerbabe and Sparkes too :tears:

Great company - great dances and great music (thanks Bobgadget :worthy: )

Can't wait for the T dance on the 30th now :clap:

Andreas
22nd-January-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, Ashtons was great fun. Sorry for having been anything but social but my girlfriend is only here till Sunday and I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible :tears:

Was great to meet a few more people from this forum :)

Minnie M
22nd-January-2005, 11:35 AM
Nice meeting you last night Andreas :hug:

Really nice to meet the very very sexy Silver Fox :drool: really gutted never got a chance to have a dance (the girls told me his dancing is just as good as he looks :drool: :blush: )

AND FANTASTIC meeting the fabby FOXY LADY - and she is too :clap: and also an amazing dancer - can't understand why we haven't met up before :what:

Then there was Stewart38 - hi ! Know who you are now ;)

And although they didn't remember me Lorna & Lisa - hi ladies :yeah: big hugs :hug:

Zebra Woman
22nd-January-2005, 12:58 PM
:clap: Best Night Ever at Asthons :clap: (for me anyway)

Music was great, well done Bob :worthy: and Erick :worthy: . IMO only one real Bob- erration (which turned out to be a request), and a few tracks mixed out by Erick which I would have liked to hear all of , 'Would You' for one.

Fab dances Thank you Franck, Sparkles (loved the trousers),Trampy, Under Par, Rhythm King, Silver Fox, Jon Brett, Latin Lover, David Franklin, ChrisA :hug:
Didn't meet Andreas :sick:

It was a magical night for lining up the right people with the right music, I had some fab combinations...

Funniest thing was at the end, when I was about to leave one of the Scottish ladies said

'Wow,all your bags match..... and your scarf...............Oh...You're Zebra Woman!!!'

:rofl:

Can't remember who said that sorry. Dancing was so full on , not enough time for introductions:blush: . Lory and I hardly saw each other and only exchanged six words all night....they were -

'We are having such a great night!!'

ZW :flower:

Andreas
22nd-January-2005, 01:04 PM

Pleasure was all mine :hug:

Didn't meet Andreas :sick:

Sorry for that :sad: We got there late (only just came back from holidays). There will be a next time :hug:

TheTramp
22nd-January-2005, 01:25 PM
I had a great night too. Didn't get to sit down for the first 2.5 hours after I arrived. Until I collapsed.

Well worth the 20 stone German!!! :rofl:
(Long story)

Minnie M
22nd-January-2005, 01:29 PM
Oh.........

One more (well two actually)

THANK YOU R-K for the choccie biccies :yum: :hug:
and ZW for the giant choccie buttons :yum:

Very welcome :cheers:

and forgot to thank Mr. Lory for that strange dance :what: did enjoy it tho :rofl:

TheTramp
22nd-January-2005, 01:33 PM
and forgot to thank Mr. Lory for that strange dance :what: did enjoy it tho :rofl:
I just showed this to Lory and Mr. Lory....

Mrs. Lory is in fit of laughter. Mr. Lory is not amused!! :wink:

Lory
22nd-January-2005, 01:56 PM
:worthy: He said, he's thinking of running a Muggle/Jive fusion workshop! He's going to call it 'Juggle'! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Banana Man
22nd-January-2005, 02:03 PM
:worthy: He said, he's thinking of running a Muggle/Jive fusion workshop! He's going to call it 'Juggle'! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That'll keep me laughing for the rest of the weekend. Have some rep. :flower:

Minnie M
22nd-January-2005, 02:21 PM
......... Mr. Lory is not amused.........

I DID enjoy it Mr.Lory :really: it was really interesting and great fun .... :cheers: :kiss: :yeah:

Let me know when you will be doing your workshop, I will give it a plug on my 'list' :yeah:

(not sure why you had to sit on my lap after the dance tho :confused: )

Minnie M
22nd-January-2005, 02:23 PM
:.........

Thank you Eric - great choons last night - you and Bob make a great team :worthy:

TheTramp
22nd-January-2005, 02:46 PM
Thank you Eric - great choons last night - you and Bob make a great team :worthy:
Ummm. Different Eric! (The DJ version is EricK - ErickLondon on the forum (or something like that anyhow)).

And Mr. Lory wasn't really not amused :na:

Gus
22nd-January-2005, 03:06 PM
Well a small but select group were there at Cool Catz for another night of fun. We had the welcome return of Royboy :worthy: We also had a visit from a couple of lads from Isle of Man who had seen the details on UK-JIVE! Monsterrat continues to be a firm fave (had to play it twice or face getting lynched) and some new-ish tracks from the likes of Thalia and Messr Modugno found favour. Didnt manage to clear the dance floor this time ... need to try harder :wink:

Minnie M
22nd-January-2005, 03:09 PM
Ummm. Different Eric! (The DJ version is EricK - ErickLondon on the forum (or something like that anyhow)).

And Mr. Lory wasn't really not amused :na:

woops :blush: Eric has just PMd me

thank you Ericklondon :worthy:

(re Mr.Lory - really thought for the moment I had upset him - I am so easy to wind up :tears: )

foxylady
22nd-January-2005, 03:34 PM

I was gutted I didn't get a dance with Andeas - next time I hope....

Really nice to meet the very very sexy Silver Fox :drool: really gutted never got a chance to have a dance (the girls told me his dancing is just as good as he looks :drool: :blush: )

He has such a posse of women these days that its hard to get a dance... but yes isn't he de-lish....

AND FANTASTIC meeting the fabby FOXY LADY - and she is too :clap: and also an amazing dancer - can't understand why we haven't met up before :what:

I am so honoured :blush: . I also wonder why we haven't met up before . Thank you so much Minnie for introducing me to all those lovely men. :flower:. I am definitely going to try to get to the Zydeco venue in finchely soon - perhaps I can persuade Lory and Mr Lory (Stephen) to come too ?? See you again very soon !

Wasn't it just the most amazing night !

Foxy

Dance Demon
22nd-January-2005, 03:37 PM
We had a bumper crowd at Route 66 last night....if it keeps up like this we'll have to find a bigger venue...Nice to see a few forumites there....including Little Monkey ( ta for the lovely dance ) Wendy &Graham, Aleks & Azande, Scotch Bonnet, Lindsay, Dancing Girlie, Tigger, Twinkle Toes, and nice to see Bluethreefour again. great night was had by all....Looking forward to the saints & Sinners Valentine party on 11th Feb now.......Thanks to everyone who came for your continued support :cheers:

Andreas
22nd-January-2005, 03:46 PM
I was gutted I didn't get a dance with Andeas - next time I hope....

Sorry for that, Foxy. As mentioned above, I have only a few days with my girl and wanted to make the most of it. You've got my promise for next time :hug:

angelique
22nd-January-2005, 05:48 PM
I managed to attend Astons last night after a long trawl down the M1.
It was well worth it. Met lots of you lovely people on here :worthy: :kiss:
and am now able to put some faces to the names on here.
There is only one thing to say bout last night.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Minnie and Lory....Thanks for making the many introductions to people for me :hug:

Franck... :drool: :drool:

Thr Tramp... :worthy: :worthy:

Watching, but not meeting Andreas or dancing!! take the floor with his gorgeous lady.. :drool: :drool: :worthy:

All you lovely gorgeous guys who I had FAB dances with... :clap: :worthy: :hug: ... you know who you are!

So its all up to mine then next week for the freestyle in Corby then? Good job I've just moved there :whistle: :grin:

Anyone welcome...bring your own sleeping bag!

Lory
22nd-January-2005, 06:29 PM
I knew the evening was going to be 'HOT', right from the very start, when the fire alarms went off, during my attempts to entertain Franck, Tiggerbabe and Tramp with dinner at my house! :D

And oooooh it just got hotter and hotter!

I said to Minnie after just four dances.... oooh I could go home now and still be happy (they were pure quality) and it just got better. :drool:

I didn't manage to count but there were definitly loads more forumites, than were on the poll! :clap:

I was very lucky, I manged to have 2 dances with Andreas, (it was great, even though my shoe came undone for the second one and I did a sort of limping dance) :blush:

Bill, just want you to know, we missed you but I did spend a long lingering moment, savouring my giant chocky button! :wink:

Lory
22nd-January-2005, 07:27 PM
So its all up to mine then next week for the freestyle in Corby then? Good job I've just moved there :whistle: :grin:

Anyone welcome...bring your own sleeping bag! :yeah: Bagsy a settee :flower: I can't handle the floor! :sick: :o

angelique
22nd-January-2005, 11:23 PM
:yeah: Bagsy a settee :flower: I can't handle the floor! :sick: :o

:yeah:

Consider it yours Lory! There's still the double bed, 3 single beds, the bath, the garage, the rabbit hutch and the gerbil cage going spare although you would be "bunking" in with said animals so careful if you've got any allergies ok? :whistle: :grin:

And if you have the girls bedrooms there is all the glitter, lipgloss, hairslides and Eminem CD's to use! :waycool:

Where's that Andy McGregor? Need to hide some of the lipgloss if he's comimg up! :whistle: :hug:

Clive Long
23rd-January-2005, 02:27 AM
<< snip >>

Anyone welcome...bring your own sleeping bag!

Great idea. :grin:

However, I'm already committed to go to a Burn's supper :sad: & :grin:

I Burn's every year in memory of a very cold year spent in Edinburgh long, long, long ago.

Clive

Andreas
24th-January-2005, 12:25 AM
his gorgeous lady.. :drool: :drool:

that is what I think, too :drool: :D

unfortunately I only see her every three months or so :tears:

bobgadjet
24th-January-2005, 01:50 AM
Thank you
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:
:flower:

I travelled down to see Janet for the rest of the w/e straight after, and I was still wide awake on a HIGH when I got there at 04.45 Saturday morning.

WOW ! ! ! :devil: what A NIGHT
And all to do again Sunday 30th. Hope to see you all there again.

bobgadjet
24th-January-2005, 01:52 AM
:rofl:

Can't remember who said that sorry. Dancing was so full on , not enough time for introductions:blush: . Lory and I hardly saw each other and only exchanged six words all night....they were -

'We are having such a great night!!'

ZW :flower:
EEERRRRMMMM ?
How many words ?
:whistle:

Minnie M
24th-January-2005, 02:17 AM
Thank you
.........And all to do again Sunday 30th. Hope to see you all there again.

:clap: :clap:

Great company - great dances and great music (thanks Bobgadget )

as quoted on previous page :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

DavidY
28th-January-2005, 02:13 PM
So its all up to mine then next week for the freestyle in Corby then? Good job I've just moved there :whistle: :grin:So is anyone else (apart from Angelique) going to Corby tonight then?

Northants Girly
28th-January-2005, 04:50 PM
So is anyone else (apart from Angelique) going to Corby tonight then?I'll be there :D

Zebra Woman
29th-January-2005, 12:20 PM
How was Corby then?

Floor, accoustics, music and dancing ?

Air quality? :whistle:

Northants Girly
29th-January-2005, 04:01 PM
How was Corby then?

Floor, accoustics, music and dancing ?

Air quality? :whistle:Worth a jaunt to.

Floor I thought was ok - I know some would disagree. - my kinda venue with tables all round dance floor.
Accoustics ok, music - forgotten DJs name - but he played his usual stuff (guy that plays at Wellingborough . . . Dave?) which is ok if it's yor cup of tea - not really mine . . .

Dancing was slightly crowded but quite a few decent dancers there - there were folk from all over - MK, Northants, Leic, Cambs - always nice to meet new folk.

Place was REALLY hot. Venue DID have air-con but it didn't get switched on till at least 10.30 pm! . . ..

and very smokey :(

Cheap drinks - but the soda water only came in small 20 ml bottles!

DavidY
29th-January-2005, 04:06 PM
How was Corby then?
FloorNot bad - OK sized hall with a dance floor in the middle and seating round the side. Floor seemed OK although it started to get more sticky near the end.
accousticsPretty good as far as I could tell. Main thing I noticed in the lesson wasn't the accoustic, but that the stage is quite low so the teacher was not much higher than the dancers - it was hard to see from the back.
musicGood - reasonable mix (IMO at least). DJ played "Fire" if you like that sort of thing. :whistle:
dancingReally good. :clap: I had lots of lovely dances and there were some good dancers there including Angelique who I met for the 1st time.
Air quality? :whistle: :tears: :tears: Definitely on the smoky side I'm afraid. :tears: :tears: