PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Preston Manchester Area

Almost an Angel
15th-January-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi guys

Any of you forumites know of somewhere to dance around the Preston / Manchester area on Mondays or Wednesdays? (I know the Preston Venue on a Tuesday already.)

North side of Manchester if possible as I have to get back to Blackpool where I'm working and more than an hour drive makes me v tired the next day. (work might not appreciate it!!!) :D (although I would)

I'm up Monday & Tuesday next week then, Monday to Wednesday 2 weeks later. I'm stuck up on a course so will of course need to chill and dance out the learning stuff. :wink:

Thanks

Angel xx

The Pilgrim
25th-January-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi Angel

Blitz Altringham is a nice venue and Wednesday is Jive Extra format aimed only at experienced dancers: 7.30pm Intermediates so you still get new moves, 8.45pm Dance Improvement Class, covering style, advanced moves, dance techniques, different Jive styles, Latin Blues etc

Travelling from Liverpool it’s a mere 32.8 miles taking 40 min according to www.theaa.com (http://www.theaa.com/index.html)

Check out www.blitzjive.com (http://www.blitzjive.com/) for details.

Almost an Angel
25th-January-2005, 05:44 PM
Blitz Altringham is a nice venue and Wednesday is Jive Extra format aimed only at experienced dancers: 7.30pm Intermediates so you still get new moves, 8.45pm Dance Improvement Class, covering style, advanced moves, dance techniques, different Jive styles, Latin Blues etc.

Cool

Thanks for the info - Never sure of the levels that are being aimed at when you just turn up on spec.

Not sure if I can get there this week - being joined by some muggles and escaping from them may prove difficult, I've already asked them to come and join in but they are not feeling adventurous.

Will probably be up in the next few weeks so will look it up.

Thanks

Angel

Paul F
25th-January-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi angel,

North side of Manchester you have the prestwich venue on a Monday evening which is a popular class. Im not sure of the organiser name but if you type "longfield suite prestwich jive" into google uk im sure you will find it.

Of course there is Ceroc Manchesters dance night on a Wednesday night :D
I hear the teacher there comes on the forum on occasion :innocent:
Would be great to see you. Its a fantastic venue with a great, friendly atmosphere. www.ceroc-manchester.co.uk

Other than that i know there is Barnside Jive in the Wigan (between manchester and preston - ish) area which are fun classes. Not sure of the web site im afraid.

hope that helps.