PDA

View Full Version : What is it...

CJ
13th-January-2005, 08:52 PM
... about certain people that make them start "controvertial" threads for the sake of it?

Do you think that when lacking attention in other areas: home, bed, dance floor, some people feel the need to get attention? It doesn't have to be good attention. Hey, like a two year old egocentric child, if I'm getting a row, a smack or even flamed, THEN AT LEAST I'M GETTING ATTENTION.

YES, I'M IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, are they? You tell me.

For the sake of argument, let's suppose they are lacking attention. Maybe the ego does need fed. Why would you think that is?

Perhaps, if I may make a suggestion, these folk aren't egocentric but are indeed selfless individuals trying as best they can to lighten, brighten, enrich others' lives.

Or, to play Devil's Advocate for a second, maybe they don't really know what intelligent debate is and how it differs from bluster, insults and argument.

What do you think??

Is irony really dead in Fife?!? :wink:

azande
13th-January-2005, 09:09 PM

Certainly NOT my friend, certainly not!!

Dreadful Scathe
14th-January-2005, 12:36 AM
... about certain people that make them start "controvertial" threads for the sake of it?

Whats wrong with controversial threads, surely by starting this thread you are being extremely..oh..hang on..irony!! I get it :)

Graham
14th-January-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm drawn to the selfless side of the argument. I think these people are no doubt constantly overhearing people bemoaning this or that about dancing or life in general. In a flash of inspiration they no doubt think "Hey - why not get the forum to debate this - it could be interesting and entertaining and would finally settle these matters for all those too afraid to ask!" :wink:

Lory
14th-January-2005, 01:09 AM
..oh..hang on..irony!! I get it :)I get it but don't want it........ I've already got a large creased pile staring at me!! :tears:

Dance Demon
14th-January-2005, 01:13 AM
I get it but don't want it........ I've already got a large creased pile staring at me!! :tears:

WOW!!!!!!! sounds painful Lory.....you should get some cream for that :wink:

Lory
14th-January-2005, 01:15 AM
If only....... :rofl:

under par
14th-January-2005, 06:03 AM
Lory, one might ask "is it a case of a sour grape/s?" :flower:

ChrisA
14th-January-2005, 09:21 AM
and would finally settle these matters
:rofl:

bobgadjet
14th-January-2005, 10:12 AM
Lory, one might ask "is it a case of a sour grape/s?" :flower:
Mmmmmmm
sour grapes AND cream, getting tasty

CJ
14th-January-2005, 11:08 AM
Did you know that pile cream is what is recommended for spreading over new tattoos to help the skin heal? :wink:

Jive Brummie
14th-January-2005, 11:13 AM
Did you know that pile cream is what is recommended for spreading over new tattoos to help the skin heal? :wink:

..yes

Lory
14th-January-2005, 11:44 AM
Where did you say you had your tattoo again? :whistle:

P.s. any practical help to reduce my pile is more than welcome.... :rofl:

CJ
14th-January-2005, 11:48 AM
Where did you say you had your tattoo again? :whistle:

Don't you go acting the innocent, lady!!!!!

The whole world knows it's your shade of red!!

Zebra Woman
14th-January-2005, 01:00 PM
Don't you go acting the innocent, lady!!!!!

The whole world knows it's your shade of red!!

I don't! :really:

My eyes were SHUT. :innocent:

stewart38
14th-January-2005, 03:00 PM

Do you think that when lacking attention in other areas: home, bed, dance floor, some people feel the need to get attention? It doesn't have to be good attention. Hey, like a two year old egocentric child, if I'm getting a row, a smack or even flamed, THEN AT LEAST I'M GETTING ATTENTION.

YES, I'M IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, are they? You tell me.

For the sake of argument, let's suppose they are lacking attention. Maybe the ego does need fed. Why would you think that is?

Perhaps, if I may make a suggestion, these folk aren't egocentric but are indeed selfless individuals trying as best they can to lighten, brighten, enrich others' lives.

Or, to play Devil's Advocate for a second, maybe they don't really know what intelligent debate is and how it differs from bluster, insults and argument.

What do you think??

I think some people do :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Other do Einstein’s theory of relativity is seriously flawed and want to discuss the implication it has on the unified field theory

others don’t care either or are just nuts and are going to drive from north london to john O Groats and back this weekend :grin: (attention seeking)

We are all different