PDA

View Full Version : Ever danced in Brighouse, Yorkshire?

Northants Girly
12th-January-2005, 04:10 PM
Has anyone on the forum ever danced at the Ceroc venue in Brighouse in West Yorkshire? Any info/feedback would be appreciated :)

Gus
12th-January-2005, 04:37 PM
Has anyone on the forum ever danced at the Ceroc venue in Brighouse in West Yorkshire? Any info/feedback would be appreciated :)Not been there myself but it seems to have a good reputation up here (keep on meaning to go but something alawys seems to crop up). No real stars but supposed to be friendly. If its DJ Gary on the decks he's probably got the biggest rep of any N East DJ

TheTramp
12th-January-2005, 05:30 PM
I taught there a few months ago. Had a very pleasant evening. Must go back sometime :D

Barryf
12th-January-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi Brighouse has two excellent venues th Ritz & Civic Hall
been to Saturday freestyle and it was great almost full to the brim, very friendly, good music too.

Went to a Blues night which was really good, and attracted dancers from all over the area stayed till the end, even with an hour and a half to get home.
Lili and David Barker were there, and I got a dance with Lili, Blues fun class with John Sweeney.

I am definitly going back for both when I can

Barry f

Bardsey
13th-January-2005, 05:04 PM
the Ritz at Brighouse has a lovely bouncy dancefloor. I was at a dance there once (pre-MJ days). There were about 300 on the dancefloor and you didn't need to dance, you just stood still and felt the "vibes" lol :blush:

Also been to a dance at the civic hall, but wasn't too impressed, although I know of others who have been since and had a great time.

Are you thinking of coming up this way on a particular date?

Jill x

Northants Girly
13th-January-2005, 05:14 PM
Are you thinking of coming up this way on a particular date?

Jill xI was wondering about the freestyle there tomorrow evening - Fri 14th Jan . . . . fancy going? :)

Bardsey
14th-January-2005, 11:30 AM
I was wondering about the freestyle there tomorrow evening - Fri 14th Jan . . . . fancy going? :)

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight due to a prior arrangement. Have a great time if you go!

Jill x

Barryf
14th-January-2005, 03:50 PM
Are you going to Brighouse tonight??

Barry f

Northants Girly
15th-January-2005, 01:21 PM
Are you going to Brighouse tonight?? Barry fToo late for me to reply I'm afraid Barry as I was already on my way!

I can thoroughly recommend Brighouse though. The venue is probably my favorite of all I've danced in - great floor, tables all around the dance floor on every side (except) in front of the stage, really good dancers and room to dance too! :nice:
£7 entry and freestyle from 8 pm till midnight with no class. :nice:
It's not a huge venue - probably half size of Bedford CornExchange but plenty big enough for me! I'll definitely be going again if I'm up in that neck of the woods!

They have their normal dance night on Thursdays but they are having freestyles on the 2nd Friday of every month.

So - forumites, dates for your diary:
11 Feb
11 March
8 April
13 May
11 June

See ya'll there :wink:

NN x

Jive Brummie
15th-January-2005, 01:58 PM
Is the teacher at Brighouse female and goes by the name of Karen?

jb x x

Northants Girly
12th-May-2005, 12:17 PM
Too late for me to reply I'm afraid Barry as I was already on my way!

I can thoroughly recommend Brighouse though. The venue is probably my favorite of all I've danced in - great floor, tables all around the dance floor on every side (except) in front of the stage, really good dancers and room to dance too! :nice:
£7 entry and freestyle from 8 pm till midnight with no class. :nice:
It's not a huge venue - probably half size of Bedford CornExchange but plenty big enough for me! I'll definitely be going again if I'm up in that neck of the woods!

They have their normal dance night on Thursdays but they are having freestyles on the 2nd Friday of every month.

So - forumites, dates for your diary:
11 Feb
11 March
8 April
13 May
11 June

See ya'll there :wink:
Well I have to go to Yorkshire for the day tomorrow :(

Anyone fancy joining me for a boogy tomorrow eve at the Ritz Ballroom in Brighouse? :D

Northants Girly
12th-May-2005, 09:53 PM
Well I have to go to Yorkshire for the day tomorrow :(

Anyone fancy joining me for a boogy tomorrow eve at the Ritz Ballroom in Brighouse? :DLooks like I'll have to poodle along on my own then :tears: