PDA

View Full Version : The Storms

Minnie M
12th-January-2005, 12:59 PM
Just seen the news about the storms in Scotland and on the West side of the UK - has it affected any areas where forumites are ?

Daisy Chain
12th-January-2005, 01:05 PM
Just seen the news about the storms in Scotland and on the West side of the UK - has it affected any areas where forumites are ?

My Ceanothus tree blew down. Other than messing up my immaculate hairdo, it hasn't been too bad up here in the NW

Daisy

(A Treeless Flower)

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 01:17 PM
Well up here in sunny :sick: Scotland...

...it's been blowing a howling chuffin' gale.

Various roads around the Perth, Stirling area's have been closed either due to falling trees or flooding. The bridges, The Tay and The Forth have been shut to high siders and at some times, all vehincles, and my wheely bins are half way across the garden!

Having said all that though, the house is still where it should be and so I don't have to follow the yellow brick road with the dogs. Phew!

But thanks for asking Minnie :hug: :flower:

James x x

drathzel
12th-January-2005, 01:24 PM
In Paisley all that happened was my wheelie bin ended up in next doors garden but i am not sure whether it was the weather or the kids again!!!! :devil:

Erskine Bridge is closed to all vehicles which made my 20 min journey to work take 90 mins!(as everyone decided to use the Clyde Tunnel)
:angry:

At the minute though it is mildly breezing but it would freeze the balls of a brass monkey its so cold :what: . But i do see something vaguely resembling the sun!! :waycool:

BeeBee
12th-January-2005, 01:39 PM
Erskine Bridge is closed to all vehicles which made my 20 min journey to work take 90 mins!(as everyone decided to use the Clyde Tunnel)
:angry:

I saw that queue!!! It was ginormous!!!! :eek: Poor you for being stuck so long . . .

drathzel
12th-January-2005, 02:19 PM
I saw that queue!!! It was ginormous!!!! :eek: Poor you for being stuck so long . . .

Could you vouch for me to my boss. He lives in city centre and we work just in west end so he wondered how on earth it took me so long!!!! :mad:

BeeBee
12th-January-2005, 02:23 PM
Could you vouch for me to my boss. He lives in city centre and we work just in west end so he wondered how on earth it took me so long!!!! :mad:

Not a problem!!! I will def. vouch for you! That was the worst Ive seen that queue ever ever ever . . . :really:

Zebra Woman
12th-January-2005, 02:28 PM
TOP TIP

Do not rush out to buy a replacement fence panel while the gale is still blowing. :blush: . And do not protect your car roof with something that is valuable itself.

I had the fence panel on top of the car on top of two buoyany aids and a blanket underneath, the wind lifted the panel, the buoyancy aids fell onto the road and got run over. Both were ruined as the zips got crushed. :angry:

The panel was damaged so I saved £7, but two buoyancy aids will cost at least £70...duh

ZW :flower:

Gadget
12th-January-2005, 04:01 PM
Was windy last night - had to re-fill the wheelybin from the garden, and the trampoline has come away from it's legs and been shoved to the far corner of the garden.

The below is from my work; a little bit of water as the Dee broke it's banks.

drathzel
12th-January-2005, 04:12 PM
Was windy last night - had to re-fill the wheelybin from the garden, and the trampoline has come away from it's legs and been shoved to the far corner of the garden.

The below is from my work; a little bit of water as the Dee broke it's banks.

Well i am feeling ever so slightly dry looking at that! :hug:

TheTramp
12th-January-2005, 05:32 PM
I drove back from Aberdeen to Dundee last night, and really didn't think that it was that bad - although, they had closed the Tay Bridge by the time I left, and it was still closed when I got back. I think that the wind sounded worse than it felt, at least on the journey.

This afternoon, have been for a walk along the beach in Fife (the bridge is now re-open), which was most pleasant :D

Lynn
12th-January-2005, 06:37 PM
My parents back gate was blown off and I was convinced my roof was going to blow off last night - Ok its fine - but it sounded like it!

Bigger Andy
13th-January-2005, 02:01 PM
The famous Lime tree that used to stand inside the boundary at the St. Lawrence ground, home of Kent County Cricket Club, has blown down. :tears:

It is thought to have been about 200 years old and has been inside the field of play since the ground was first used about 150 years ago.

Petal
13th-January-2005, 02:50 PM
Peaches got her neighbours garage blown into her drive; luckily she had decided to work late or her car would have been parked there.

LizzyHa
14th-January-2005, 09:01 AM
Peaches got her neighbours garage blown into her drive; luckily she had decided to work late or her car would have been parked there.

Glad you're all safe. Rattling sash windows were my only problem. Is Peaches a forumite? Bet she was glad she was working late!

bobgadjet
14th-January-2005, 10:20 AM
The famous Lime tree that used to stand inside the boundary at the St. Lawrence ground, home of Kent County Cricket Club, has blown down. :tears:

It is thought to have been about 200 years old and has been inside the field of play since the ground was first used about 150 years ago.
Hmmmm, just looked at the top of the thread again !
When did the St Lawrence ground get moved north of the Wall ? :grin:

All I got was a dead fox in my back garden. Might have been from old age tho. It used to live under my shed and was useful in keeping the cats out of my garden.
Oh well, back to the squeegy water bottle I s'pose. :whistle:

Petal
14th-January-2005, 06:55 PM
Peaches a forumite?

Not yet, but watch this space, she'll be one of us soon and then there will be no stopping her.

John S
14th-January-2005, 07:16 PM
When I was dancing with Petal and put her into a spin, she went round and round several times - I thought it was because she had been working on her spinning technique but thinking about it later i realised it was probably just the strong wind! :)