PDA

View Full Version : Rock Bottoms Torquay (14 - 17 Jan)

Simon
10th-January-2005, 09:40 PM
Don't mean to advertise it :blush: just wondered if any other forumites are going this weekend? :hug:

Feelingpink
11th-January-2005, 01:16 AM
Yup - I'm going. Can't wait ... after the November one ... SSSSOOOOO fantastic!

stewart38
11th-January-2005, 10:57 AM
where are the details ?

I had to miss bognor and brighton was great

Cornish Pixie
11th-January-2005, 01:08 PM
Me muvver and father will be there. :nice:

daedalus
11th-January-2005, 01:41 PM
I'll be there too - should just about have recovered from Bognor by Friday

Mary
11th-January-2005, 01:42 PM
Damn and blast.

Not going.

A missed chance of dance with Simon. :tears: :worthy:

M

Feelingpink
11th-January-2005, 01:47 PM
where are the details ?

I had to miss bognor and brighton was great

Here you go (http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/rockbottoms_torquay_jan/rb.htm)

Feelingpink
11th-January-2005, 01:48 PM
Don't mean to advertise it :blush: just wondered if any other forumites are going this weekend? :hug:

So how will I recognise you?

Simon
11th-January-2005, 03:17 PM
So how will I recognise you?
If you haven't spotted me on the Friday night (I'll be the guy trying to remember how to do a first move! :confused: ) then you should be able to identify me on the Saturday night as I'll have a pigeon on my head! :what:

Me muvver and father will be there. :nice:
You're from Newquay, right? Who are your folks?

Feelingpink
17th-January-2005, 06:20 PM
If you haven't spotted me on the Friday night (I'll be the guy trying to remember how to do a first move! ...

:rofl: :rofl:

Hah! Yeah, sure! Simon was one of the WCS class stars and we met in the first 10 mins of the first class. :grin: I have to confess that I'm now a WCS addict and would like my next fix ... and haven't been able to tear off the orange Rock Bottoms wristband just yet ... because that would mean that the weekend was really over ... :tears:

Simon
17th-January-2005, 07:08 PM
I have to confess that I'm now a WCS addict and would like my next fix ...
Likewise. I have seen the light. :grin: Plus I have seen one of the most inspirational teachers ever in Paul Warden. :worthy: :waycool:

and haven't been able to tear off the orange Rock Bottoms wristband just yet ... because that would mean that the weekend was really over ... :tears:
Coming down is always hard, isn't it? For instance, I'm sad that I don't know when I'll next be lucky enough to watch Marc Forster in action and marvel at his drive to drag jive into something resembling an expressive dance artform and not just a collection of plodding moves. Plus there's his balls of steel to admire, too (by which I refer to his cabaret involving 3 partners and less than an hour's practice - got to take your hat off! :what: :waycool: )

Mary
17th-January-2005, 07:17 PM
Sounds like it was a great weekend. Keep the news and gossip coming. Paul Warden is a fab teacher isn't he? Glad he has inspired more people to take up WCS.

Who else was there and what did you learn?

M

Feelingpink
17th-January-2005, 08:04 PM
Sounds like it was a great weekend. Keep the news and gossip coming. Paul Warden is a fab teacher isn't he? Glad he has inspired more people to take up WCS.

Who else was there and what did you learn?

M
Yup - PW is fab - like his kinda edgy style ... and Sally is such a honey (a wonderful lead too)

HIGHLIGHTS:
- Being one of Mark's multiple/stolen women during Saturday night's dancing :grin:
- Hearing Mark very diplomatically encouraging leaders not to bounce during his cuban blues (think that was the name) class ... and Rachel being miked up to teach as well (way to go!)
- Learning that WCS is about 6 and 8 count ... and then whatever else you want to add in to hit the phrasing and breaks (just been updating this with RK - luckily we have a slot-shaped kitchen)
- The advice on the information sheet to "leave room for dessert" did not go unheeded ... and was probably the most important sentence on there:drool:
- WCS hour of music downstairs on Saturday night to practise what we'd learned earlier ... and practising!
- Continuing my November RB policy of trying to dance with every man there ... and I'm not going to try to name the people I danced with because I'll miss out some for sure ... and meeting some lovely girlies as well
- Divine music late on Saturday night

LOWLIGHTS:
- Too much disco/thump thump music early on Friday night, although the floor looked full of very happy dancers

Mary
17th-January-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey, Feelingpink, I think I know who you are. Ye've bin rumbled pet!

M

ChrisA
17th-January-2005, 08:21 PM
LOWLIGHTS:
- Too much disco/thump thump music early on Friday night

Shocking. At Rock Bottoms???????

:tears:

Feelingpink
17th-January-2005, 08:25 PM
Shocking. At Rock Bottoms???????

:tears:

Like I said, early on ... before JB. Shame you weren't there.

RobC
17th-January-2005, 08:57 PM
I have to confess that I'm now a WCS addict and would like my next fix ...

Likewise. I have seen the light. :grin: Plus I have seen one of the most inspirational teachers ever in Paul Warden. :worthy: :waycool:

Well guys, get yourself down to Surbiton (http://www.ceroc.org.uk/) on friday evenings - Paul teaches there every week, and there's also freestyle until 11pm (while there's also MJ class and freestyle going on in seperate room). :clap:

Feelingpink
17th-January-2005, 09:53 PM
Some images (http://homepage.mac.com/enjoylife/) from the weekend ...