PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Competition Course?

Jive Brummie
9th-January-2005, 11:13 PM
COMPETITION PRIMER COURSE ***
CEROC SCOTLAND is proud to introduce a new 5 week course for anyone interested in entering competitions. A weekly week-end 2.5 hours workshop with strictly limited numbers with James & Melanie. Focused on preparing for the Blackpool Championships this workshop is ideal for anyone wishing to improve their presentation, technique, style and moves.
The 5 workshops will take place in a dance studio in Perth. cost will be £50.00 per person for the full course.
For Further info and to book, email franck@cerocscotland.com

(Copied this from t'front page!)

This is something Melanie and I are running for 5 weeks from the end of January.

We've a great venue in Perth with a wooden dance floor and wall bar (for those stretchy ballet peeps) and it's our intention to get all you budding competitor types up and running for the Blackpool competition.

During the course we'll be looking at different genre's of music, dance style's, moves and various other little components to make you a better competitor.

Ideally we want you to come along with a fixed partner (preferably the one you'll be entering Blackpool with!!! :whistle: ), but if you don't have one and would still like to attend, let either myself or Franck know and we can hopefully try and get people hooked up with comp' partners for the big day :clap: .

It's open to anybody of any ability......men and women. We really want to get Scotland on the map chap's and with this course and your enthusiasm we can hopefully achieve that.

Go on give it a bash.....you know you want to :wink:

James x x x x x x

DavidY
9th-January-2005, 11:50 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea. :clap: :clap:

Shame that Perth is too far for me to come. :tears: :tears:

Will the course include giving folk feedback on what they're doing right and what they're doing wrong? That's the element that would be most valuable to me.

Jive Brummie
10th-January-2005, 01:05 AM
Sounds like an excellent idea. :clap: :clap:

Shame that Perth is too far for me to come. :tears: :tears:

Will the course include giving folk feedback on what they're doing right and what they're doing wrong? That's the element that would be most valuable to me.

Yes, the idea is to give constructive feedback, be it good or not so good.

Beginners have taxi dancers and revue classes...what do intermediate's have? Chuff all, hence this will be an integral part of the course.

Get that ticket booked David and move to Perth for 5 weeks....... In a lifetime of dancing....5 weeks is nowt! :whistle:

JB

ElaineB
11th-January-2005, 01:12 PM
You have forgotten the most important class of all - the one for the audience. How to et your mates to shout support as loudly as possible, whilst stamping feet, playing bagpipes et al! :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck with the class,

Elaine

Mary
11th-January-2005, 01:38 PM
Wish I lived in Scotland. :sad: James, don't teach 'em too much - please?

Good luck with the course - I think it's a great idea (dammit).

:cheers:
M

Gadget
11th-January-2005, 02:02 PM
You have forgotten the most important class of all - the one for the audience. How to et your mates to shout support as loudly as possible, whilst stamping feet, playing bagpipes et al! :wink: :rofl: :rofl:
You need classes for that? :what:

ElaineB
11th-January-2005, 05:02 PM
You need classes for that? :what:

For the bagpipes, certainly!! :whistle:

As we hand around with our Welsh chums, we thought we could get them to throw daffodils and leeks, but I'm not sure that the dancers would like that! :rofl:

Elaine

Minnie M
11th-January-2005, 05:19 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea. Shame that Perth is too far for me to come. :tears: :tears:
:yeah:
:tears: know the feeling :tears:

Jive Brummie
11th-January-2005, 05:49 PM

Good luck with the class,

Elaine

Ha HA!!!

That's on week 3 :rofl:

JB x x

Disclaimer; no bagpipes were injured in the construction of this course

Jive Brummie
11th-January-2005, 05:51 PM
Wish I lived in Scotland. :sad: James, don't teach 'em too much - please?

Good luck with the course - I think it's a great idea (dammit).

M

Thanks Mary.

If everyone who ocmes along has as much enthusiasm to get stuck in as Melanie and I have, it should hopefully be a pretty good course.

Why don't you, ElaineB, Minnie and DavidY all move north for a few weeks...you know, a post christmas holiday....erm, holiday?

James x x

Minnie M
11th-January-2005, 06:08 PM
Why don't you, ElaineB, Minnie and DavidY all move north for a few weeks...you know, a post christmas holiday....erm, holiday?

I would love to (seriously) - got the time, ain't got da dosh :tears: working on getting to Scotland this year though - if only for the 2006 BFG :clap:

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 01:26 PM
I would love to (seriously) - got the time, ain't got da dosh :tears: working on getting to Scotland this year though - if only for the 2006 BFG :clap:

:clap:

Right chaps...listen in. (*military mode on*)

Have had interest in this course from a few people who don't necessarily have a fixed partner, or at least one that wants to compete, asking if they can still attend?....the answer is yes.

At the end of the day, the course is aimed at couples rather than individuals, but that doesn't mean to say both members of the couple have to be competitors. If ladies you have a man that doesn't want to compete but is willing to come along for the 'ride' then that's fine, likewise with all you budding competitive type chaps out there.

You will get something out of this course.

In brief, if you turn up with one half of you not wanting to compete = ok...as long as you turn up with a partner.

Turn up with a fixed competition partner = excellent.

So, keep the interest coming, don't be shy and let's get it on.

Cheers,

James x x

p.s. incedentaly(sp?) comp' rules say that any combination of couple can enter,

Man & Woman

Man & Man

Woman & Woman

...food for thought?

ElaineB
12th-January-2005, 01:39 PM

Me also Minnie!! I really need to give up work as well to fit it all in!

Good luck with the course James - perhaps you could come to the South West to run it sometime?

See you and Mel at Blackpool - really looking forward to seeing what the Scottish contingent get up to this year!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Ste
12th-January-2005, 01:44 PM
Sorry for a stupid question.

Why are you called Jive Brummie? I thought you Scottish?

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 01:52 PM
Sorry for a stupid question.

Why are you called Jive Brummie? I thought you Scottish?

Aha!

I've been sussed. A commonly asked question dear friend and one I shall endeavour to answer.

I'm English.

JB x x

p.s. I'm also originally from the midlands, and up here if you have a midlands accent....you're a Brummie...even if you're not! Oh yeah, and it sounded better than Jive Staffordshire and even more specifically, Jive Lichfield. But thanks for asking. :cheers:

DavidY
12th-January-2005, 01:52 PM
Why don't you, ElaineB, Minnie and DavidY all move north for a few weeks...you know, a post christmas holiday....erm, holiday?Like the others, I'd love to - and I guess I could commute at weekends - but I have too many weekend commitments already in my diary. :sad: :sad:

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 01:54 PM
Me also Minnie!! I really need to give up work as well to fit it all in!

Good luck with the course James - perhaps you could come to the South West to run it sometime?

See you and Mel at Blackpool - really looking forward to seeing what the Scottish contingent get up to this year!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Now there's an idea. :flower: :clap:

Hopefully the Scottish contingent will not dissapoint.

James x x

Minnie M
12th-January-2005, 03:05 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

If you are travelling darn Sowth (or is it Sarf) - how's about Brighton - maybe a couple of months before Britroc to give us time to practice :clap:

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey, we could do a one week's intensive thing.......

Now there's an idea!!

James x x

Bangers & Mash
12th-January-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey, we could do a one week's intensive thing.......

Now there's an idea!!

James x x

Now there's a thought. have you ever thought of doing a more intensive course at the weekend. I would love to do this course but it will involve flying back from Amsterdam every weekend.

How much would you charge for doing a more intensive course over say just a couple of weekends and how many people would you need?

Incidentally, what are the course dates?

Ever thought of doing a course abroad - say Holland? :whistle:

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 08:36 PM
Now there's a thought. have you ever thought of doing a more intensive course at the weekend. I would love to do this course but it will involve flying back from Amsterdam every weekend.

How much would you charge for doing a more intensive course over say just a couple of weekends and how many people would you need?

Incidentally, what are the course dates?

Ever thought of doing a course abroad - say Holland? :whistle:

Haven't really thought about the intensive thing, but I am now :wink:

Also haven't really considered how much it'd cost in terms of the intensive thing. Would need to speak to Franck on that one. At the moment it's a tenner a lesson, so you'd be looking at somewhere around that mark. And with a course comprising 5 lessons totalling 12.5 hours it'd have to be spread evenly over a weekend or two, with costs respectively.

With relation to numbers, guess i'd be looking at no fewer than 5 couples, no more than 10-ish. Any more than that and I'd be afraid that everyone didn't get our full attention and our focus might be on couple A more than couple B.

And as far as teaching abroad is concerned....well, antime, any place, any where....I love it. It's a bit hilly there though isn't it? :wink:

James x x

Ste
12th-January-2005, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Jive Brummie]Aha!

I'm English.
QUOTE]

Well I am Scouse.

Scouse Mouse Ste

OOOOhhh good idea your workshop. Wish I could nick some ideas from you! Do a dvd!!!

Jive Brummie
12th-January-2005, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jive Brummie]Aha!

I'm English.
QUOTE]

Well I am Scouse.

Scouse Mouse Ste

OOOOhhh good idea your workshop. Wish I could nick some ideas from you! Do a dvd!!!

Now then, there's an idea. A weeks intensive competition primer course, on DVD all the way from Holland.

This thinking lark is easy!

JB :cheers:

Bangers & Mash
13th-January-2005, 05:55 PM
Now then, there's an idea. A weeks intensive competition primer course, on DVD all the way from Holland.

This thinking lark is easy!

JB :cheers:

Not been to any dancing over in Holland yet :tears: working too hard :rofl: :rofl:

But I've just booked 2 of us onto the course JB so can't wait to see what magic you and Melanie can do with my 2 left feet. :sick:

I already know what magic the airline has done with my wallet for this :angry:

See you on the day.

Want me to bring a camcorder?

Bangers

Jive Brummie
13th-January-2005, 06:00 PM
Not been to any dancing over in Holland yet :tears: working too hard :rofl: :rofl:

But I've just booked 2 of us onto the course JB so can't wait to see what magic you and Melanie can do with my 2 left feet. :sick:

I already know what magic the airline has done with my wallet for this :angry:

See you on the day.

Want me to bring a camcorder?

Bangers

Nice one Bangers......am looking forward to getting stuck in.

We're currently in a state of meditation trying to get 'in the zone' ready to give it large! (no idea what that means, i've heard young people saying it though, so it must be cool)

James .