PDA

View Full Version : Man City Suuporters?

Gus
9th-January-2005, 06:31 PM
Anyone on the forum going to own up to being a Man City supporter .... :rolleyes:

Simon
9th-January-2005, 09:22 PM
Anyone on the forum going to own up to being a Man City supporter .... :rolleyes:

Nope, but I am an Exeter City supporter (born and bred and I don't even driver a tractor! :wink: ) and was at Old Trafford yesterday. :clap: :clap: What a terrific day out. :worthy: Over 9000 supporters made the trip up the motorway from Devon, which must be nearly as many Man Utd supporters as came up from London. :whistle:

I genuinely was surprised at how quiet the Man Utd supporters were, but the Exeter supporters really had something to sing about. I'm now on the hunt for a ticket for the return leg. They'll be like gold-dust! Just wish I could be a fly on the wall when the Man Utd players walk into our (less salubrious) changing rooms at St James' Park. What a reality check! :wink:

Will
10th-January-2005, 01:37 AM
Absolutely. We're concentrating on the Premiership, and are the home of the worlds greatest footballer - Shaun Wright Phillips.

(I'm aware this post may be less than interesting to some of the ladies. I apologise for this)

Dance Demon
10th-January-2005, 09:54 AM
Are there many Mancunians on the Forum......most City fans tend to be Mancunians....unlike the other mob accross at Salford, whose supporters tend to be from everywhere else :devil: :devil:

Will
10th-January-2005, 10:52 AM
Well I'm a Mancunian and a City fan. I was born 1 mile from our old ground.

Dance Demon
10th-January-2005, 10:55 AM
Well I'm a Mancunian and a City fan. I was born 1 mile from our old ground.

Yaay....C'mon City...... :clap: :clap:

drathzel
10th-January-2005, 02:45 PM
As a born and bred Utd fan (from N.I , forgive me but in N.Ireland there are no football teams worth supporting). I was dissapointed with our performance but can take my hat off to Exeter who played well. Many tems would have felt defeated before going out on the pitch against a team like Utd however, if exeter had felt that way you could not tell.

I also watched the Yeading vrs Newcastle Utd Match. During the first half it seamed as though Newcastle were evenly matched!!!

:hug:

Will
10th-January-2005, 03:26 PM
As a born and bred Utd fan (from N.I ,
The defence rests...

drathzel
10th-January-2005, 03:35 PM
The defence rests...

:yum:

CJ
10th-January-2005, 03:41 PM
As a born and bred Utd fan (from N.I ,

We are quite lucky we found a local supporter!!! Usually they are from further afield!!

Stuart
10th-January-2005, 05:20 PM
Absolutely. We're concentrating on the Premiership, and are the home of the worlds greatest footballer - Shaun Wright Phillips.

(I'm aware this post may be less than interesting to some of the ladies. I apologise for this)
:yeah:

I may not be a Mancunian, but I have been a City supporter since I was 7 years old. The last week has been a perfect example of what it is like to be a City supporter - a fighting performance away to Arsenal and then losing to Oldham on Saturday!

drathzel
10th-January-2005, 05:22 PM
Sorry but is it not annoying everyone else that supporter above is spelt wrong?

Graham
10th-January-2005, 06:28 PM
Sorry but is it not annoying everyone else that supporter above is spelt wrong?
I actually hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. Thanks. :rolleyes:

pitt
10th-January-2005, 09:29 PM
Are there many Mancunians on the Forum......most City fans tend to be Mancunians....unlike the other mob accross at Salford, whose supporters tend to be from everywhere else :devil: :devil:

I am a Manc, used to support Man CIty just to cheese the Man Utd fans off mainly, but I know what you mean nearly all Man Utd supporters are from outside Manchester, and the only reason they support Man Utd is because when they were young their mums told them "now keep away from that Main Road!!!"

drathzel
10th-January-2005, 10:54 PM
I am a Manc, used to support Man CIty just to cheese the Man Utd fans off mainly, but I know what you mean nearly all Man Utd supporters are from outside Manchester, and the only reason they support Man Utd is because when they were young their mums told them "now keep away from that Main Road!!!"

Very good. :rofl:

I actually support Man Utd because my uncle and grandfather supported them from the aeroplane disaster and i was brought up to support their team!!!

pitt
11th-January-2005, 06:18 PM
Very good. :rofl:

I actually support Man Utd because my uncle and grandfather supported them from the aeroplane disaster and i was brought up to support their team!!!

Which disaster was that? was it the one over Germany or the one over Stockport? I am originally from Stockport and used to pass over crash site on my way to work each day.