PDA

View Full Version : RebelRoc Camber March 2005

stewart38
6th-January-2005, 05:45 PM
Another event,what the word on the ground is this likely to be well attended given it clashes with Blackpool and there is Camber may 2005 and South port June 2005 ? :sick:

Rebel Yell Dance Weekender from Rebel Roc
4-7th March 2005
This promises to be unlike any other weekender!
Outstanding quality - Exceptional value -
World-Class Teaching!

"Probably the best value weekender around"

Featuring:

Masterclasses in all dance styles from the best in the UK, USA & Europe - teachers to be announced on 10th January see www.rebelroc.com. Progress your dance as each major dance style will be taught on a graduated basis throughout the weekend

Lounge Lizard
6th-January-2005, 06:17 PM
The full Listing of teachers, Dj's etc. will be published VERY soon

I am definatly DJ'ing & Teaching - other DJ's are already confirmed
The DJ & teaching timetable will be publicised in advance (DJ line up & schedule is almost completed.
There will be a swing, Latin room as well as the main MJ hall

Jordan & Tatiana (the current WCS World champions) will be heading West Coast Swing classes
There will be a number of TOP teachers from their respective fields new to MJ weekenders and if Katy's Rebel Yell is anything to go by - it will be a great weekend event

Yes it does clash with Blackpool, but it was the only date available and it is the other send of the country!!

Yes it is near to the May event, but it will be different to the existing Bognor & camber events so the dancers should benefit

Will there be many there?
who knows, Rebel roc is the biggest independant MJ organiser in the South East with busy venues in Woking, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath & Guildford,
Plus I know a lot of dancers from Hastings, Eastbourne & Brighton have already booked.

So see you there...hopefully
Peter

Mary
7th-January-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh dear. This is a MAJOR problem. Can't resist the lure of Blackpool, but Jordan & Tatiana teaching again in this country - Wow. Why can't I be in 2 places at once???

A few years ago there was hardly anything going on, now there seems to be too much and I don't want to miss out on any of it. :sad:

Me? Complaining?

M

johnah
7th-January-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh dear. This is a MAJOR problem. Can't resist the lure of Blackpool, but Jordan & Tatiana teaching again in this country - Wow. Why can't I be in 2 places at once???

M

Here's a little good news for you! JORDAN & TATIANA are appearing at the SOUTHPORT EXTRAVADACA 10-13 June. So, perhaps, problem solved! You can still do Blackpool which is pretty much irresistible and enjoy J & T a little later too.

Appearing with them at Southport will be

Australian Jive Masters, NICKY HASLAM & ROBERT WINTER

NIGEL & NINA - AMIR GILES - VIKTOR ANDEKE - MIKEY - SUE FREEMAN

DAVID MARTIN & JAIME - PETER PHILLIPS

JAMES LEES & MELANIE HUTTON and LINDSAY & BRADY

as for the music-mix, this will be played by

COLIN SHAUL - STEVE LAMPERT [aka The Tramp] - DANCE DEMON

ROGER CHIN - JOHN BAKER - PETER PHILLIPS - ROB AMBRIDGE - PAUL AMOS

Southport is a Jive Weekender not to be missed, with an atmosphere and friendliness that's unmatched!

Hope to see you there.

www.jiveaddiction.com

:cheers:

Andy McGregor
8th-January-2005, 11:14 AM
Of course I'll be going to Blackpool to try, yet again, to win the best dressed prize*. But if I was available I would be going to give Katie's Camber a try. Katie is a really nice woman, puts on great events, is always well organised and gives good value for money. So, if you're not competing, my advice is to go to Camber - but do take something to make the matresses comfortable as they're basically a large bag of springs covered with some barely padded cloth :eek:

*oops, I've given away the category I'm entering at Blackpool. I will, of course be entering the Advanced Best Dressed category as I am a professional clothes horse :wink:

Bex
10th-January-2005, 03:36 PM
as for the music-mix, this will be played by

COLIN SHAUL - STEVE LAMPERT [aka The Tramp] - DANCE DEMON

ROGER CHIN - JOHN BAKER - PETER PHILLIPS - ROB AMBRIDGE - PAUL AMOS

www.jiveaddiction.com

:cheers:

Great DJ line up, but no TWK!!??? :tears: :worthy:

David Franklin
11th-January-2005, 01:49 PM
The full Listing of teachers, Dj's etc. will be published VERY soonThe RebelRoc website said it would be up yesterday, but unless I'm missing something, there's still no info. Any news?

Dave

Feelingpink
11th-January-2005, 02:25 PM
The RebelRoc website said it would be up yesterday, but unless I'm missing something, there's still no info. Any news?

Dave

Found this (http://www.rebelroc.com/yell2.html) last night - is it what you're looking for?

David Franklin
11th-January-2005, 02:36 PM
Found this (http://www.rebelroc.com/yell2.html) last night - is it what you're looking for?Don't think so - I think that's the lineup for Rebel Yell 2004.

Dave

Feelingpink
11th-January-2005, 03:57 PM
Don't think so - I think that's the lineup for Rebel Yell 2004.

Dave

Whoops! Sorry.

Rhythm King
11th-January-2005, 04:05 PM
Whoops! Sorry.

Hmm, think I just posted in another thread, based on duff gen then :blush:

Gus
11th-January-2005, 05:18 PM
The RebelRoc website said it would be up yesterday, but unless I'm missing something, there's still no info. Any news?Am I getting too cynical oin my advancing years but how can you put up a booking form on your website when you haven't told the punters who the teachers or DJs are :confused: :confused: I know that Rebel Roc has a good rep for its Rebel Yell thing but its a bit much to expect people to blindly stump up cash when you haven't bothered to tell them what youre going to get. Am I being unfair?

David Franklin
11th-January-2005, 05:25 PM
Am I getting too cynical oin my advancing years but how can you put up a booking form on your website when you haven't told the punters who the teachers or DJs are :confused: :confused: I know that Rebel Roc has a good rep for its Rebel Yell thing but its a bit much to expect people to blindly stump up cash when you haven't bothered to tell them what youre going to get. Am I being unfair?To be fair, I don't think Franco ever says who the teachers will be before the JiveTime events, and no-one seems to complain then. But given the clash with Blackpool (and now apparently Hastings :eek: ), there's got to be some skepticism about the RebelRoc weekend lineup, and I'm certainly waiting to hear who's teaching before making any decisions...

Dave

Minnie M
11th-January-2005, 05:29 PM
............and I'm certainly waiting to hear who's teaching before making any decisions...

Wot not competing David :really: that would be a real shame :tears: