PDA

View Full Version : Modern Jive Dance DVDs

Minnie M
5th-January-2005, 03:54 PM
On Mary's advice thought I'd start this thread as I need some advice

I would like to send a DVD to the States (this month) displaying the best of our teaching techniques etc.

Most of the weekender DVDs are poor quality (so I have been told) and the content would not be at the level I would like.

Any suggestions AND would it play on their systems ?

Dreadful Scathe
5th-January-2005, 04:12 PM
On Mary's advice thought I'd start this thread as I need some advice

You maybe should have tried the 'Advice on DVDs thread then' :) ;) Aah the forum moves too fast for the human eye :)

Any suggestions AND would it play on their systems ?

Dunno which ones you should send and you will have problems with PAL DVDs in the states, i think they are less likely to know how to display that....but.. Im not sure - because the DVD market is generally pretty global and DVD players are manufactured in the east more than anywhere else. I'm sure someone else knows the facts of this.

Minnie M
5th-January-2005, 04:58 PM
You maybe should have tried the 'Advice on DVDs thread then' :) ;) Aah the forum moves too fast for the human eye

Quite right :blush: (sorry) my fingers went faster than my thoughts (well not together) - this new thread should be :

Which in your opinion (fellow forumites) are the best Modern Jive DVDs in both content and quality :yeah:

BTW DavidB told me last year (when I first decided to send a DVD to the States) that the home grown ones (via computers) stand more chance of being OK than the pro ones (I think I got that right :innocent: )

RogerR
8th-January-2005, 09:29 PM
The event specific programmes are made using the dancers and dancing available at the timeand are an excellent record of an event. The "How To Jive" vid and DVD by Christine Keeble is a simple but structured professionally made teach yourself programme. Available through www.howtojive.com or your local class/amazon etc