PDA

View Full Version : Help me get to China!

Shona
5th-January-2005, 02:41 PM
For some CRAZY reason, I've decided to do a charity challenge to raise money for Diabetes UK. So, in September 2005, I'll be walking The Great Wall of China :clap: The trek will be 20 miles a day, for 9 days :eek:
So, I'm appealing to all you lovely forumites to please help me raise £2,500 :flower:
The following link is an online sponsorship form, and I'd really appreciate all your help.
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/event.aspx?e=e7ba3003-2b89-4dbf-913f-46b8d76c1b67
Thank you,
Shona xx :flower:

Tiggerbabe
5th-January-2005, 03:30 PM
Wishing you the best of luck babes. :hug: :kiss:

Lindsay
5th-January-2005, 10:33 PM
that's a lorra miles chuck!
take plenty socks.

:flower:

Ninka
7th-January-2005, 01:19 PM
How you getting on sis?
Any of these lovely people given you any money yet?? :grin:
You could auction yourself off for dances, I'm sure someone out there would pay to dance with you. :clap:
Good luck
xx

Monika
11th-January-2005, 02:32 PM
Shona
...what a fantastic initiative! :clap: Well done for making a difference and great to see the pennies are ticking in slowly, but surely.
Best of luck and all the best
Mon xx :) :flower:

Rhythm King
11th-January-2005, 05:49 PM
Good effort and Good Luck. By the way I take it the picture is of you and Ninka? See you ona Blues floor soon :waycool:

R-K :flower:

Mr Fitz
11th-January-2005, 06:32 PM
Brilliant effort Shona, the very best of luck and hope you get all the support you deserve!

You are of course bonkers!, but you'll only realise that on day 10 at the end! A couple of years ago I did a charity walk. I took the train to Skye and walked back to Aberdeen. That took me nine days as well, in which time I lost half a stone (I know what you are thinking, how could my lean, svelte frame afford to lose 7lb :whistle: ). So here are my words of wisdom...TAKES LOADS OF CHOCOLATE AND EAT IT ALL...

Brian :flower:

Shona
12th-January-2005, 09:51 AM
That sounds like very good advise :drool: Thank you so much to all you lovely, lovely people for donating money to Diabetes UK, I'm really touched. And I didn't have to twist people's arms that much :devil:
The idea of all this training is quite daunting, think I'm going to have calves to die for by the end of it!
Someone suggested cerocing on The Great Wall, how's that for advertising Franck? :rofl:

Shona xx. :hug:

Shona
8th-February-2005, 10:23 AM
Thought I'd post a quick update....
The fundraising is going well, I've now got about £1,500 for Diabetes UK :clap:
I've organised a Race Night and Disco on the 18th March 2005 in King Street, in Aberdeen. Anyone interested, then please pm me and I'll give you the rest of the details.
All the money raised is going to charity, so please support this event.

Shona xx :hug: