PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool 2005

filthycute
5th-January-2005, 01:58 AM
It's January already.......So who's going to Blackpool??? And what are you entering???

Go on...tell all......enquiring minds want to know :wink:

filthycute x x

*fight fight fight :clap:

Gus
5th-January-2005, 02:15 AM
It's January already.......So who's going to Blackpool??? And what are you entering???Should be there .. probably just spectating and promoting our MJ clubs ... dont really fancy going up against that troublesome Scottish couple who cant even afford to wear clothes that aren't ripped to shreds :whistle: :whistle:

filthycute
5th-January-2005, 02:28 AM
Should be there .. probably just spectating and promoting our MJ clubs ... dont really fancy going up against that troublesome Scottish couple who cant even afford to wear clothes that aren't ripped to shreds :whistle: :whistle:

Thats a bit rude......i think Bill and Fran spent a lot of time choosing their outfits :whistle: :yum:

James and i will defiantly (sp?) :wink: be there. We have the outfits and we're hot to trot. 'Little fishes in a big pond' springs to mind, but i'm 100% sure we'll have as good a time as we did last year.

Roll on Blackpool!!!!

filthycute x x

Andy McGregor
5th-January-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm not saying anything about what I'm entering or who I'm entering with. And I advise everyone to keep their entry secret too. I was really picked on because I said who I was entering with last year. Why? Because I was entering the intermediate and I'd come 3rd in that and my partner had come 2nd in the intermediate - although we had never entered a competition together :tears:

Now one of the people who got quite hysterical about what I did is considering entering the intermediate - let me see if this is hypocrisy? She won the intermediate and her proposed partner won the Advanced at Ceroc London.

Personally speaking I have no problem with anyone who qualifes for the intermediate entering that category. What I do have a problem with is someone who says words to the effect of;

1. "A couple who've come 2nd and 3rd in an intermediate competition are too good to enter an intermediate competition".

2. "I know I've won the intermediate competition and I know Dale has won the advanced - we should enter the intermediate together.

After the stick filthycute gave us last year I think she should apologise to Hollie, Kate, Sheepman and myself before entering the intermediate with Dale :angry:

ChrisA
5th-January-2005, 09:53 AM
After the stick filthycute gave us last year I think she should apologise to Hollie, Kate, Sheepman and myself before entering the intermediate with Dale :angry:
On the contrary.

I think she should enter the Intermediate with Dale, and spend a lot of time practising with him, at the expense of her practising with James :devil:

And so should you, preferably with another Advanced dancer :rofl:

And if I don't enter the Intermediate, does that mean I can continue to give you stick? :innocent:

Gus
5th-January-2005, 11:19 AM
After the stick filthycute gave us last year I think she should apologise to Hollie, Kate, Sheepman and myself before entering the intermediate with Dale :angry:I may be wrong but I got the distinct feeling that FC was using irony. The clear point (as made in the "competitions - int or advanced" thread) is that if she did she would be within the rulesand following the same logic as the 'offenders' for last year (and showing what a load of hypocritical boll**cks it was). Suerly Andy you should be lauding her for coming round to your point of view :whistle:

filthycute
5th-January-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm not saying anything about what I'm entering or who I'm entering with. And I advise everyone to keep their entry secret too. I was really picked on because I said who I was entering with last year. Why? Because I was entering the intermediate and I'd come 3rd in that and my partner had come 2nd in the intermediate - although we had never entered a competition together :tears:

Now one of the people who got quite hysterical about what I did is considering entering the intermediate - let me see if this is hypocrisy? She won the intermediate and her proposed partner won the Advanced at Ceroc London.

Personally speaking I have no problem with anyone who qualifes for the intermediate entering that category. What I do have a problem with is someone who says words to the effect of;

1. "A couple who've come 2nd and 3rd in an intermediate competition are too good to enter an intermediate competition".

2. "I know I've won the intermediate competition and I know Dale has won the advanced - we should enter the intermediate together.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't think i've ever seen anyone bite so quick

C'mon Andy.....do you really really think i'm that immoral????

filthycute x x

it's a joke......D'oh :rofl:

filthycute
5th-January-2005, 12:14 PM
I didn't start this thread so it could be turned into a war zone, just curious is all.
If anybody wants to surprise us on the day thats their prerogative. Me on the other hand, i don't have anything to hide......i'll be in the advanced. Yeah it's a big jump for both of us......and anyone else having to go up a level, especially with so many 'superstars' in it, but such is life. If we get past the first round i guess we can consider ourselves fortunate and our trip to Blackpool wouldn't have been wasted.

filthycute x x

Looking forward to Blackpool :clap: :clap: :worthy:

Pammy
5th-January-2005, 01:18 PM
do you really really think i'm that immoral????

Does a double really result in a positive or negative? :wink:

One thinks only Graham, the forum pedant can truely know the answer...

Graham
5th-January-2005, 01:26 PM
Happy to oblige: I truly :wink: believe that it's positive. A repeated adverb (or adjective) merely reinforces the adverb being used. :grin:

Chicklet
5th-January-2005, 01:46 PM
sure everyone knows but I'm being slooooow :blush: which venue are we in this year????????

Sheepman
5th-January-2005, 02:06 PM
It was a hard choice to make, but I won't be there this year, as I said here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98903#post98903)

I shall miss meeting up with you all, but then Southport in June is probably a better opportunity for that, without the pressure of nerves being run ragged.

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
5th-January-2005, 02:15 PM
Aww shame. I shall wear a wooly hat in your honour! :)

Chicklet
5th-January-2005, 03:28 PM
just tried www.chancetwodance.co.uk in order to answer my own question :whistle: and got a "billboard" site??? :what: :confused:
anyone know if there's a new one??

Gus
5th-January-2005, 03:32 PM
just tried www.chancetwodance.co.uk in order to answer my own question :whistle: and got a "billboard" site??? :what: :confused:
anyone know if there's a new one??Try http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/

Pammy
5th-January-2005, 03:39 PM
Aww shame. I shall wear a wooly hat in your honour! :)

Nothing new there then. :whistle:

Chicklet
5th-January-2005, 03:42 PM
:clap: :flower: :hug:
ta

a subtle, yet powerful, change :grin:

Sheepman
5th-January-2005, 05:47 PM
Aww shame. I shall wear a wooly hat in your honour! :) Awww - I wonder if latex would go down well where I'll be. :whistle:

Greg

Chicklet
5th-January-2005, 05:58 PM
any forumites taking the all in package???

Dance Demon
5th-January-2005, 06:25 PM

Don't know if I would want a whole package in :eek: :eek: :eek: :blush:

Mary
6th-January-2005, 11:52 AM

Despite DD's reply :devil: I assume you mean the hotel and dance/dinner etc. Be warned - The Big Blue hotel is MILES from the Winter Gardens! Well, the far end of the promenade, and the opposite end of the Pleasure Beach, and if you have a room at the back you can almost reach out of your window and touch the The Big One (!!!!!!) - that's the big dipper thingy. The Executive rooms are very pleasant with a sitting area, but I very much doubt if they will be included as part of the package.

Would love to go to Blackpool but haven't decided whether or not to enter anything. Would hate to miss the event though, cos it's great to see everyone.

M

LilyB
6th-January-2005, 05:13 PM
Hmmmm ......... which new victim, er.. partner shall it be this year? :devil: :devil: :devil:

On second thoughts, retirement is a more attractive option! :D :clap: :yeah:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2005, 05:16 PM
Hmmmm ......... which new victim, er.. partner shall it be this year? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Of course, I may not even have a partner. Depends if Fi feels like dancing whilst 6 months pregnant ;)

Hey, Ive been practicing :)

Mary
6th-January-2005, 05:31 PM
Of course, I may not even have a partner. Depends if Fi feels like dancing whilst 6 months pregnant ;)

Hey, Ive been practicing :)

At what, exactly!!! :eek:

M

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2005, 05:34 PM
I wondered what meaning people would take from that :D

Dance Demon
6th-January-2005, 06:38 PM
Despite DD's reply you can almost reach out of your window and touch the The Big One (!!!!!!) -
M

Definately don't want that all in package :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Mary
6th-January-2005, 07:01 PM

This could rapidly be heading upstairs.

M

Minnie M
6th-January-2005, 07:08 PM

Retire :confused: no no no - you can't you mustn't - a partner north of the border :cool: and you have a great choice :worthy:

Lindsay
6th-January-2005, 07:27 PM
I think DS and Lily could work :)

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2005, 07:46 PM
I have no such expectations. :)

Chicklet
6th-January-2005, 07:54 PM
I shall hope to be too shagged out :innocent: to want ANY package :what:

from jumping up and down celebrating forumite successes, obviously

Lindsay
6th-January-2005, 07:59 PM
I have no such expectations. :)
hmmmmm...

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2005, 10:16 PM
:rofl: nice

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2005, 10:18 PM
I shall hope to be too shagged out :innocent: to want ANY package :what:

from jumping up and down celebrating forumite successes, obviously
Is there shagging going on? I tried that once, it went ok but I still prefer Modern Jive!

Is the Lindy Hop competition back in C2D this year?

SwingSwingSwing
6th-January-2005, 10:46 PM
Is the Lindy Hop competition back in C2D this year?
It wasn't on the application form when I checked last month.
(Not that I'd be going but I was curious as to whether it would be reinstated :) )

SwingSwingSwing

Little Monkey
7th-January-2005, 11:33 AM
CAUTION: DANCING MONKEY GOING TO BLACKPOOL!!!

Be afraid, be VERY afraid! Oooooh, can't wait to go! Wo-hooooooo!!! :clap:

Little Dancing Monkey :D

LilyB
7th-January-2005, 12:07 PM
I do work, and very hard too! :tears:
(Someone's gotta pay for David's alcohol consumption ... :sick: )

LilyB

Andreas
7th-January-2005, 01:24 PM
But it is a competition! Why would you want to go there?? :rofl:

Graham W
8th-January-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll be going to watch... ;-)

G

What started of as a simple question as to who's going turned within a couple of secs to a bun fight - funny..

G

Andy McGregor
8th-January-2005, 03:23 PM
I'll be going to watch... ;-)

G

What started of as a simple question as to who's going turned within a couple of secs to a bun fight - funny..

G

The same thing happened last year too. We all got sent outside in the end :tears:

I've decided that I will be competing for the "Best Dressed" category this year - as usual :wink:

Bill
10th-January-2005, 01:03 PM
Haven't booked yet but will probably be there.....and maybe just watch this year. Will be odd sitting watching double trouble........... someone else can be second for a change ! :D :wink:

Hope the pipes will be there again this year. Wonderful moment when they started up as we headed off for lucky dip !

ElaineB
10th-January-2005, 02:04 PM
Haven't booked yet but will probably be there.....and maybe just watch this year. Will be odd sitting watching double trouble........... someone else can be second for a change ! :D :wink:

Hope the pipes will be there again this year. Wonderful moment when they started up as we headed off for lucky dip !

And what is wrong with being second, pray? :wink:

Simon and I will be there, in the Advanced............ :eek: But will also enter the lucky dip.......now come on Bill, you've got to enter that one :wink:

Elaine

Bill
10th-January-2005, 03:40 PM
And what is wrong with being second, pray? :wink:

Simon and I will be there, in the Advanced............ :eek: But will also enter the lucky dip.......now come on Bill, you've got to enter that one :wink:

Elaine

Nothing wrong at all................. and I'm still amazed that I've ever been placed in a competition and it's still a great thrill. If I do luck dip I'd be delighted to someone who dances as well as you did in London .. and of course who wears such lovely tops :D :wink:

Good luck in the Advanced :cheers:

Lindsay
10th-January-2005, 08:49 PM
:yeah: That was amazing last year!

Can't wait, just posted my form today.
:clap:

Scotch Bonnet
10th-January-2005, 11:03 PM
I've got the weekend off on the work rota ,so I'll be there Linz,don't know about entering anything though,what age is the seniors again ?? :yeah:

Need to get the accomodation sorted though !!

ElaineB
11th-January-2005, 01:16 PM
I've got the weekend off on the work rota ,so I'll be there Linz,don't know about entering anything though,what age is the seniors again ?? :yeah:

Need to get the accomodation sorted though !!

I think it's 50, but if you EMail Will, he can ask Kate, who I understand is 101 or John Eastman who is 103........I'm sure they have cvast experience and can offer tips!

:rofl:

Elaine

Lindsay
11th-January-2005, 01:40 PM
I've got the weekend off on the work rota ,so I'll be there Linz,don't know about entering anything though,what age is the seniors again ?? :yeah: Need to get the accomodation sorted though !!
Think you've a fair few years yet before you're a senior! :wink:
Re. accomm. - not sure what rest of gang are doing.... Think somebody's organising a group booking- isn't it you? :) :)

Bill
11th-January-2005, 04:06 PM
I think it's 50

Elaine

erm.............for some of us that's not too far away. How does a gentleman ask a lady if she's nearly 50 ????? :whistle:

I know there are a few dancers up here who have indicated they are certainly eligible for the OLd Gits !!! But of course none of them look a day over 21 :grin: :flower:

Lindsay
11th-January-2005, 10:34 PM
erm.............for some of us that's not too far away. How does a gentleman ask a lady if she's nearly 50 ????? :whistle:

I know there are a few dancers up here who have indicated they are certainly eligible for the OLd Gits !!! But of course none of them look a day over 21 :grin: :flower:

50 seems a bit young to be categorised as old git or 'senior' doesn't it??
A couple of very fit :drool: over-50s in Edinburgh :wink: and fantastic dancers too. Think it should be 60 don't ya think?

Scotch Bonnet
11th-January-2005, 10:55 PM
Bill you don't ask sweetie !!!!

Bill
11th-January-2005, 11:17 PM
Bill you don't ask sweetie !!!!

You mean I shouldn't approach a woman and ask her to compete with me because she must surely be over 50 ?? :what: :rolleyes: .... If I waited for Fran to turn 50 I'd be retired, my knees will have gone and my back will be completely seized :sick: :sad:

Maxx
12th-January-2005, 12:17 AM

Well one set of pipes will be, although they may be in the queue for the lucky dip. Listen carefully!

Graham W
12th-January-2005, 03:31 PM
I think it's 50, but if you EMail Will, he can ask Kate, who I understand is 101 or John Eastman who is 103........I'm sure they have cvast experience and can offer tips!

Elaine

Hey, ethel thinks this is unfair as they have much more experience...,

G

Twinkle Toes
25th-January-2005, 06:05 AM
Hi Folks,
I have a couple of rooms left in the hotel that I have booked for Blackpool.
It is the Osprey Hotel, Charnley Road ( Only a few mins & 2 streets from Winter Gardens) Cost is £22 pp for B&B.

Anyone interested, please send a pm.

TT x :cheers:

http://www.theospreyhotel.com/loungebar.html

Andy McGregor
25th-January-2005, 10:40 AM
Last night I spoke with Simon White from CerocPlus. He's organising his usual coach from Fleet to Blackpool and back. Last year the trip cost £115 and included the following:

Coach travel to and from Blackpool - depart Friday lunctime, get back to fleet early Sunday evening.

Two nights accommodation very near to the competition venue.

Entrance to the Friday dance and the competition the next day.

And the coach trip itself is a very jolly event too :wink:

You can contact Simon via his website here. (http://www.cerocplus.co.uk/)

N.B. The CerocPlus website is currently being cleaned but if you follow the link I'm sure you'll get in touch with Simon. I'm not going to post his mobile number here because we don't do that kind of thing but if anyone wants it please PM me.

Sal
25th-January-2005, 04:04 PM
I can't leave work until 5.30pm. Is anyone going from London to Blackpool at that time? I would be willing to share petrol, chocolate costs........!

P.S. I going to Blackpool! :clap:

under par
25th-January-2005, 05:05 PM
I can't leave work until 5.30pm. Is anyone going from London to Blackpool at that time? I would be willing to share petrol, chocolate costs........!

You need to throw a sicky and get up there earlier..

:sad: :sad: :sad: i am working all weekend :sad: :sad: :sad:

Katie
25th-January-2005, 05:21 PM
And the coach trip itself is a very jolly event too :wink:

[/I]

If last year is anything to go by...(a little pink outfit, handbag, my fur coat)Absolutely hilarious!

Andy McGregor
25th-January-2005, 05:34 PM
If last year is anything to go by...(a little pink outfit, handbag, my fur coat)Absolutely hilarious!
On the journey to Blackpool I was wine waiter, red or white sir/madam? - and on the way back I was tea and sympathy hostess :wink:

The trip to Blackpool was pretty much a wine and chocolate fest :clap:

Minnie M
26th-January-2005, 12:16 AM
On the journey to Blackpool I was wine waiter, red or white sir/madam? - and on the way back I was tea and sympathy hostess :wink:

The trip to Blackpool was pretty much a wine and chocolate fest :clap:

Got my tickets through today - yipeeeeeeeeeee............

Looking forward to the coach trip - almost as much fun as the weekend :really: we had so much fun last year, and the coach is very modern (even has it's own loo)

I am sure Simon will consider 'just coach trip' passengers if you don't want the whole package.

Tiggerbabe
26th-January-2005, 01:10 AM
Check with Mr Hudson :wink:

Bill
26th-January-2005, 11:32 AM

I'm going from Aberdeen so don't suppose that helps much :rolleyes: ... but it'll be about the same time !

Hope to make the Friday party by 10.00 after checking in to the hotel. Just 5 weeks eh !!!!! :sick:

Will
2nd-February-2005, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know if the Website for the Blackpool comp has changed? I can't seem to find it anymore :confused:

David Franklin
2nd-February-2005, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know if the Website for the Blackpool comp has changed? I can't seem to find it anymore :confused:It is http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/ (I think it has changed from last year).

Dave

Andy McGregor
2nd-February-2005, 07:13 PM
At last I can reveal that I'm entering the Advanced Section with a fab dancer called Winnie. Winnie is a small, pretty oriental lady. I'm hoping for an advanced final that's all couples with the following profile;

Young, pretty oriental woman with ageing, slightly overweight, balding guy :whistle:

.. it's worked for a few other couples in the past :devil:

LilyB
3rd-February-2005, 08:38 PM
"Young, pretty oriental woman with ageing, slightly overweight, balding guy :whistle: "

.. it's worked for a few other couples in the past :devil:

Andy - David's not balding! :angry:

under par
3rd-February-2005, 11:23 PM

Was he talking about David ????? :whistle:

Clive Long
3rd-February-2005, 11:46 PM

And being bald is some problem?

:heavy irony:

Clive Kojak Long

Andy McGregor
4th-February-2005, 01:53 AM

He's not "slightly overweight" either :whistle:

Andy McGregor
8th-February-2005, 02:45 PM
I apologies if the above comment has caused any upset to either DavidB, Lily or any other forum member :flower:

I am willing to perform a pennance if anyone would like to nominate something :sick:

LilyB
8th-February-2005, 03:27 PM
He's not "slightly overweight" either :whistle:
Can't quibble with that! :sick:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
16th-February-2005, 01:56 PM
Apologies if its been answered before but I dont have the time to read the whole Thread

a) How much free style is there at Blackpool
b) does it finish on sunday or does it run late into early hours of Monday morning

cant seem to find details on web site

:waycool:

Andy McGregor
16th-February-2005, 02:08 PM
Apologies if its been answered before but I dont have the time to read the whole Thread

a) How much free style is there at Blackpool
b) does it finish on sunday or does it run late into early hours of Monday morning

cant seem to find details on web site

:waycool:

There's a dance on the Friday night which, I think runs 'til 2am. Then there's the competition on the Saturday but I can't remember when that finishes - either 2am or midnight :confused: On the Sunday people go to a T-dance at the Tower Ballroom - I think that's mostly ballroom dancing but you can do MJ to the Cha Cha at least.

Bill
16th-February-2005, 04:20 PM
Just 17 days to go folks :eek: :sick:

Be great to see everyone again. :clap: :D

ElaineB
16th-February-2005, 04:28 PM
Just 17 days to go folks :eek: :sick:

Be great to see everyone again. :clap: :D

Looking forward to it!! Don't suppose I could be lucky enough to get you for DWAS........?? :worthy: :wink:

Elaine

CJ
16th-February-2005, 04:31 PM
Looking forward to it!! Don't suppose I could be lucky enough to get you for DWAS........?? :worthy: :wink:

Elaine

Well, they don't come much stranger than Bill!!!!!!!

Bill
16th-February-2005, 04:40 PM
Well, they don't come much stranger than Bill!!!!!!!

A little odd perhaps........... but strange ????? :what:

Bill
16th-February-2005, 04:41 PM

Elaine

If you still have those corsets then I don't think I'll get anywhere near you :rolleyes: :whistle: ...............but we can have a few dances though !!! Good luck for the comp. :cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
16th-February-2005, 04:50 PM
ooh, its soon - anyone doing any cabarets this year ? :)

Bill
16th-February-2005, 04:57 PM
ooh, its soon - anyone doing any cabarets this year ? :)

Doesn't seem to be a Scottish one this year :tears: .... unless there are secret practice sessions going ahead somewhere !!!! What about you Mr Smurf ???? You competing at all ???

Dreadful Scathe
16th-February-2005, 05:53 PM
I am competing in the intermediate with a fabulous partner completely new to freestyle competitions of this type......ooh interesting :) We will of course win (start with confidence for a change!) :D

Bill
16th-February-2005, 06:01 PM
I am competing in the intermediate with a fabulous partner completely new to freestyle competitions of this type......ooh interesting :) We will of course win (start with confidence for a change!) :D

so it's not Brady then !!!!! or Dave H ?????

Andy McGregor
17th-February-2005, 02:22 AM
There are two dancers I'd like to see compete. They are Gadget and Martin Harper. They talk like they know so much about modern jive. I've never seen either of them dance but to read what they write they must know it all - maybe more than that!

Will we be seeing either of you at Blackpool?

Divissima
17th-February-2005, 10:21 AM
I know everyone will be a bit busy during the day, what with heats, costume changes, etc. but could we maybe organise a mini Forum gathering at a designated time and place? I remember last year arriving back home and logging on to the Forum to find that DS had been there and I'd missed him, as well as lots of other lovely Forumites I wished I'd met :tears: Fortunately, I had the delight of meeting DS and some of the others I'd missed later in the year.

What does everyone reckon? Maybe we could all gather in a corner during one of the freestyle breaks and wear badges identifying ourselves - and then try to dance with as many other forumites as possible.....

Andy McGregor
17th-February-2005, 11:10 AM
What does everyone reckon? Maybe we could all gather in a corner during one of the freestyle breaks and wear badges identifying ourselves - and then try to dance with as many other forumites as possible.....

At Camber a year or so ago we used a balloon to mark the forumites gathering table. How about something along those lines. We could even have a guest book so people could sign in and record their comments/observations.

John S
17th-February-2005, 12:19 PM
we used a balloon to mark the forumites gathering table
Did you have anyone in mind? :nice:

Bill
17th-February-2005, 12:19 PM

Well if no-one else comes over we can have a nice drink and a few dances then :D :clap:

Divissima
17th-February-2005, 02:57 PM
Well if no-one else comes over we can have a nice drink and a few dances then :D :clap:*squeal* :wink: *swoon* That would be just lovely :devil:

Lindsay
17th-February-2005, 04:55 PM

Yes, I saw you 2 dancing in Stirling the other night, and you looked great, think you are in with a v. good chance! She is fabulous, although Mrs Smurf is equally fabulous and hard to match!

Can't wait, only a few weeks to go. Apart from the competition it is a brill social event, despite how you do in the comp. Shame there's no team from Scotland this year :wink: . Entering Adv. with Gilbert (Brady is away), and DT with Gill & Wendy again. All just for fun, going mainly for the laff, the talent(?), and the booze. Don't get out much.