PDA

View Full Version : Southport June '05 - who's going?

Little Monkey
4th-January-2005, 05:54 PM
Ok, I know it's only january, but......

Just thought I'd check out who's going to "Jiving You Crazy"! 10-13 June 2005. Anyone from Scotland?? For once in a lifetime I actually want to book in time, to avoid the disappointment of not getting a ticket.... :sad: And also see if there's anyone I can travel down with / share hotel etc?

Give me a shout if you're going!!!

Little Dancing Monkey :flower:

Lynn
4th-January-2005, 05:58 PM
Not from Scotland... but there is a crowd coming over from NI! (Some of us even got flights for £11 return! :grin: )

TheTramp
4th-January-2005, 06:12 PM
I expect I'll be there :D

Little Monkey
4th-January-2005, 06:20 PM
I expect I'll be there :D

Wo-hoooooo! Fab! :clap:

I shall get the booking form and send it off....... Already looking forward to it!

Happy Dancing Monkey

TheTramp
4th-January-2005, 06:21 PM
Wo-hoooooo! Fab! :clap:

I shall get the booking form and send it off....... Already looking forward to it!

That's almost exactly the opposite reaction to what people usually say!! :clap:

Dance Demon
4th-January-2005, 06:22 PM
I'll be there too :waycool:

Little Monkey
4th-January-2005, 06:25 PM
That's almost exactly the opposite reaction to what people usually say!! :clap:

:rofl:

Aaaawwww..... I'll even dance with you! You don't scare me quite as much as you used to any more! :D :rofl: :kiss:

Monkey

Maxx
4th-January-2005, 09:41 PM
After last year's experience of it I quite fancy going again myself. Just can't think that far ahead richt noo.

skippy
4th-January-2005, 10:52 PM
After last year's experience of it I quite fancy going again myself. Just can't think that far ahead richt noo.

Is this Piper Max?? :flower:
I agree, I haven't even got my ticket for Blackpool yet. But would like to go to Stockport too, but don't know how to book a ticket?? Can anyone help????
:worthy:

Alfie
4th-January-2005, 11:28 PM
We'll be there. We are also doing Scarborough and Blackpool too. We will also probably be found at Ribby in April. Hope too see eveybody there including all our Gaellic chums :clap: :clap:

DavidY
4th-January-2005, 11:56 PM
We will also probably be found at Ribby in April. Who's running that one then? Just looked and can't find it on the Blitz website - am I missing something?

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 12:03 AM
But would like to go to Stockport too, but don't know how to book a ticket?? Can anyone help????
:worthy: Not sure if you mean Southport or if there is something at Stockport that I don't know about ... for Southport check out www.jiveaddiction.com (http://www.jiveaddiction.com) I've been on both the Southport weekends and had a fab time. Hope that helps. Going to Scarborough too in Feb.

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 12:05 AM
We'll be there. We are also doing Scarborough and Blackpool too. We will also probably be found at Ribby in April. Hope too see eveybody there including all our Gaellic chums :clap: :clap: See you at Scarborough - a couple of us going over for that - but about a dozen coming to Southport! :clap:

under par
5th-January-2005, 12:21 AM
Mrs Par and I have paid our deposits and really looking forward to SOUTHPORT again.

Will see you all there on the Blues room floor til the sun comes up. :yeah: :clap: :clap: :worthy:

TheTramp
5th-January-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll be at Scarborough in February too :D

Graham
5th-January-2005, 11:47 AM
Wendy and I will be going to Southport.

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 12:24 PM
Will see you all there on the Blues room floor til the sun comes up. :yeah: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :yeah: Last time I had to be back in Belfast to give a lecture on Monday at 2pm - so had to leave the blues room really early (about 3am :what: ) to get some sleep. :(

Lory
5th-January-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm coming! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheepman
5th-January-2005, 01:38 PM
Mrs Par and I have paid our deposits and really looking forward to SOUTHPORT So have Mrs Sheepy and I (last October), but apart from the cheque being cashed, I've heard nothing, should I expect a confirmation or something?

Greg

Lounge Lizard
5th-January-2005, 01:49 PM
So have Mrs Sheepy and I (last October), but apart from the cheque being cashed, I've heard nothing, should I expect a confirmation or something?

GregNo you shoud expect an invite to DJ in the swing room :wink:
then you will have a full set :D

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 01:55 PM
So have Mrs Sheepy and I (last October), but apart from the cheque being cashed, I've heard nothing, should I expect a confirmation or something? I got a confirmation - but I think it was for Scarborough. I think you maybe get a confirmation when you have paid the full amount. If the cheque has been cashed then they have received your booking OK.

azande
5th-January-2005, 02:31 PM
Aleks and I will be there!!

Lory
5th-January-2005, 03:25 PM
Lynn and I were just putting our heads together and we thought it would be a really nice idea if all the forumites :waycool: could be accommodated near to one another, should they want to be :wink:

I've just had a word with one of the team from Jive Addiction, they were very nice and they said it was no problem, as long as we let them know well in advance! :cheers: :clap:

Also, as it's going to be summer, maybe we could have a BBQ or picnic?? :grin: (which would also be easier to organise if we were near to each other)

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 03:33 PM
Lynn and I were just putting our heads together and we thought it would be a really nice idea if all the forumites :waycool: could be accommodated near to one another, should they want to be :wink:

I've just had a word with one of the team from Jive Addiction, they were very nice and they said it was no problem, as long as we let them know well in advance! :cheers: :clap:

Also, as it's going to be summer, maybe we could have a BBQ or picnic?? :grin: (which would also be easier to organise if we were near to each other) Esp if the weather is anything like it was last May - of course Johnah will have ordered sunshine for us!

Little Monkey
5th-January-2005, 04:57 PM

Also, as it's going to be summer, maybe we could have a BBQ or picnic?? :grin: (which would also be easier to organise if we were near to each other)

:yeah:

Fab idea! Good opportunity to meet lots of forumites I've not met before! :clap: :cheers:

Monkey

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 05:17 PM

Fab idea! Good opportunity to meet lots of forumites I've not met before! :clap: :cheers:

Monkey Are we still going to have the forum reception on the Fri evening too? Its a great way to start the weekend and would give us a chance to plan the BBQ/picnic - those who aren't able to make it in time for the forum reception can join us at the BBQ.

Chicklet
5th-January-2005, 05:30 PM
Are we still going to have the forum reception on the Fri evening too? Its a great way to start the weekend .
good place to, er, wear new avatars :innocent: even if they aren't really suitable for dancing in :what:

Sparkles
5th-January-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll be at Southport! Can't wait (the last one was fab!)! :clap:
If anyone is undecided on whether to book or not all I can say is BOOK NOW! :waycool:
S. x

Graham
5th-January-2005, 06:16 PM
good place to, er, wear new avatars :innocent: even if they aren't really suitable for dancing in :what:
Not even in the blues room? :innocent:

Chicklet
5th-January-2005, 06:22 PM
Not even in the blues room? :innocent:
well possibly , there's not room there for upsidedownies so should be safe :devil:

Sheepman
5th-January-2005, 06:26 PM
No you shoud expect an invite to DJ in the swing room :wink:
then you will have a full set :D :clap: Cheers Peter :worthy: it would be good to have the chance to work with Jordon & Tatiana, (their teaching was my incentive for booking the weekend)

Greg

skippy
5th-January-2005, 09:10 PM
Not sure if you mean Southport or if there is something at Stockport that I don't know about ... for Southport check out
Thank you I realised once I had posted it and yes it was Southport. :worthy: Hope to be there if I am let out for the weekend. Can anyone give me some tips on how to persuade my husband in letting me go!!!! :flower: :rofl:

Cruella
5th-January-2005, 09:50 PM
You're everywhere Trampy!! :flower:

Cruella
5th-January-2005, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Lynn]Not sure if you mean Southport or if there is something at Stockport that I don't know about ... for Southport check out

Thank you I realised once I had posted in and yes it was Southport. :worthy: Hope to be there if I am let out for the weekend. Can anyone give me some tips on how to persuade my husband in letting me go!!!! :flower: :rofl:

You just have to be 'really' nice to him for a few weeks beforehand :devil: , it works with my hubby!!

Sparkles
6th-January-2005, 11:05 AM

I have no problem with my chalet being near those of other Forumites - but what I think would be a really grand plan is that if the forumites' chalets were put close to the dancing venue :clap: (so we don't have to trek for miles and miles to get to where it's all happening). It's obvious from the amount of time we all spend on the forum talking about dancing that we're all nuts about it - so we're highly likely to be toing and froing a lot...
... so, how about it, guys? Please? :cheers:
S. x

Chickadee
6th-January-2005, 11:25 AM
Me too!! More dodgy photos here we come Lory! :rofl: :clap:

I'm coming! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Little Monkey
6th-January-2005, 05:02 PM
Thank you I realised once I had posted it and yes it was Southport. :worthy: Hope to be there if I am let out for the weekend. Can anyone give me some tips on how to persuade my husband in letting me go!!!! :flower: :rofl:

Ooooh, you have to come, you have to come!!! We'd have SOOOOO much fun! :hug:

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!! :flower:

Hopeful Little Monkey :D

Yogi_Bear
6th-January-2005, 05:45 PM
..which means I shall make a bee-line fro the blues room and go avatar spotting! :D

Maxx
6th-January-2005, 11:09 PM
Is this Piper Max??
Err...Yup. :grin:

Maybe we could fix up travel arrangements.
Speak to you later about it (Southport that is) once I get my brain in gear.

Rhythm King
7th-January-2005, 01:31 PM
I'll be going - the dancing was fab last time and it was great to see all the forumites there :clap: .

I'll be back up to full dancing speed by then, too - hurrah :waycool:

R-K

Jive Brummie
7th-January-2005, 02:08 PM
Looking forward to Southport.....in fact.... CAN'T WAIT FOR SOUTHPORT

Reasons being.....

Fantastic Venue,
Fantastic Dancers,
Brilliant Cabarets,
Excellent Facilites,
Superb DJ's

and...........oh yeah,

ME AND THE MISSUS ARE TEACHING

Along with another 'North of the Border' couple :wink: :whistle: , but they can tell you themselves.

are we nearly there yet? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

James & Melanie (teaching at Southport June 2005...did I already mention that?)

x x x x x x x x

Little Monkey
7th-January-2005, 05:40 PM

Cool! What classes are you teaching???? Oh, and by the way: tried "www.buyadancepartner.com" as you reccommended last night, but all the male dancers in the "tall, dark, strong and handsome" category were sold out. :tears: So much for that option...... Sigh.....

Little Monkey

Dance Demon
7th-January-2005, 05:40 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ........was only a matter of time :wink:

Lindsay
7th-January-2005, 09:03 PM
Along with another 'North of the Border' couple, but they can tell you themselves.

Hmmmm... wonder who that is then :whistle:
We're v. chuffed too :grin:

skippy
7th-January-2005, 11:50 PM
Cool! What classes are you teaching???? Oh, and by the way: tried "www.buyadancepartner.com" as you reccommended last night, but all the male dancers in the "tall, dark, strong and handsome" category were sold out. :tears: So much for that option...... Sigh.....

Little Monkey
I found that too, guess we will have to go to second choice.........
Blonde, Medium build, and okay looking!!!! :clap:
If that's sold out we will just have to dance together......... again!!! :rofl: :hug: :flower:

skippy
7th-January-2005, 11:54 PM
Quote from James

look forward to that if it's as good fun as last night! :clap: :hug:
Ta

skippy
7th-January-2005, 11:58 PM
Maybe we could fix up travel arrangements.
Speak to you later about it (Southport that is) once I get my brain in gear.
Oh what ever will my hubby say!! :blush:
Lets talk!!!....... travel. :rofl:

Little Monkey
9th-January-2005, 11:18 AM
I found that too, guess we will have to go to second choice.........
Blonde, Medium build, and okay looking!!!! :clap:
If that's sold out we will just have to dance together......... again!!! :rofl: :hug: :flower:

Sorry, they're sold out, too.... Only beginners (in the bargain bin) left, as well as females in all categories..... :tears:

I guess it'll be "dance with a stranger" again, then.... Or are you thinking of having a sex-change before June? :eek: :rofl:

Lonely Little Monkey

skippy
9th-January-2005, 01:41 PM
Sorry, they're sold out, too.... Only beginners (in the bargain bin) left, as well as females in all categories..... :tears:

I guess it'll be "dance with a stranger" again, then.... Or are you thinking of having a sex-change before June? :eek: :rofl:

Lonely Little Monkey

think that would take longer than June to orgainise!! :rofl:
the stretching machine is broken and 5ft 1" men aren't in much of a demand either!! :rofl:
Sorry to anyone I might offend by that last comment I would love to dance with you!! :blush:

drathzel
10th-January-2005, 11:12 PM
I want to go!!! But i also have two weddings that month (insenstive aunts thinking they can go and get married when i have dancing to do) but am hoping to go! may take car!

not competing tho!!!!

:hug:

Dance Demon
10th-January-2005, 11:29 PM
not competing tho!!!!
:hug:

Good job it's not a competition then :wink:

drathzel
10th-January-2005, 11:32 PM

have i missed the plot again!!! :confused:

Northants Girly
10th-January-2005, 11:38 PM
have i missed the plot again!!! :confused:YES! :hug:

Lory
10th-January-2005, 11:47 PM
Ooh I don't know, we could arrange and egg and spoon race on the grass if you like? :D

angelique
11th-January-2005, 12:20 AM
Ooh I don't know, we could arrange and egg and spoon race on the grass if you like? :D

How about a "peel a grape the fastest whilst wearing a bikini " competition..........or.........
"who can LICK the hairiest back".............or............."who can snort this plate of noodles the furthest " competition
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where's Chickadee???? :kiss: :kiss: :rofl:

angelique
11th-January-2005, 12:24 AM
Ok, I know it's only january, but......

Just thought I'd check out who's going to "Jiving You Crazy"! 10-13 June 2005. Give me a shout if you're going!!!

Little Dancing Monkey :flower:

Oh yeah forgot to mention.........have just heard.....I'M GOING!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :kiss: :kiss:
And am sooooooooooo looking forward to meeting peeps off of here so can put faces to names
:cheers: :nice: :flower:

foxylady
11th-January-2005, 12:25 AM
I'll be at Southport! Can't wait (the last one was fab!)! :clap:
If anyone is undecided on whether to book or not all I can say is BOOK NOW! :waycool:
S. x

What Sparkles failed to mention was that she and I are going together so, as in the infamous ad, "Hello Boys"....

Boys will she hate me for posting that :wink:

drathzel
11th-January-2005, 12:57 AM
YES! :hug:

Oops! What would i do without you all to keep me right!

Lory, the egg and spoon race sounds good, but better check for chewing gum, i know there would be a few cheats among the racers!!!

Dx

Little Monkey
12th-January-2005, 12:32 AM
have i missed the plot again!!! :confused:

For Drathzel (and any other forumites who have lost the plot.... :D ). Have a look at www.jiveaddiction.com for the details for Jiving You Crazy - 10-13 June 2005.

Monkey :flower:

Magic Hans
12th-January-2005, 10:42 AM
Just booked up!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D