PDA

View Full Version : Events Listing for 2005

Starlight Dancer
4th-January-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi All

I'm not sure if the forum has its own events diary for the year ahead, but I'd love to know of any main uk events.

I won't be going to Bognor and I've heard that Stompin 2005 has been cancelled, so I'm looking for something else along those lines. I am going to the Swingin the Blues event, but don't really know of much else apart from Camber and the Ceroc championships.

Can anyone help. If there's not a 2005 events diary can we compile one between us?

Gus
4th-January-2005, 01:48 AM
Can anyone help. If there's not a 2005 events diary can we compile one between us?No need ... already exists ... http://www.uk-jive.co.uk

Minnie M
4th-January-2005, 10:29 AM
Don't forget my list (http://www.lyndaslist.com) :tears: (mind you it IS only for the south and only one month at a time) - just had a thought I should add a link to the UK-JIVE list from mine so dancers can have a total view of what is going on

Tiggerbabe
4th-January-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure if the forum has its own events diary for the year ahead
Click on "calendar" :flower: and then choose the date you're looking for.

Lounge Lizard
4th-January-2005, 11:56 AM
Hi All

I'm not sure if the forum has its own events diary for the year ahead, but I'd love to know of any main uk events.

I won't be going to Bognor and I've heard that Stompin 2005 has been cancelled, so I'm looking for something else along those lines. I am going to the Swingin the Blues event, but don't really know of much else apart from Camber and the Ceroc championships.

Can anyone help. If there's not a 2005 events diary can we compile one between us?
I have taken over the Stompin Saturday for my 50th Birthday bash - Workshops all day from South Coast teachers - Me Sarah, andy McG, Graham, Julian etc. £10 pp for 8 hours of workshops and lunchtime dance - all proceedes go to a charity supported by Sarah (a childrens orphanage in Kenya)
Then evening dance 8 till 1am in the great hall hove centre
I will be DJ'ing with JB, Colin Shaul and others £10pp

From Feburary there will be a regular monthly dance in london area with Me & JB DJ'ing together
LL

Gus
4th-January-2005, 11:56 AM
]mind you it IS only for the south WHAT?? :really: :really: You have dancing down Sarf?? You guys managed to keep that quiet! :whistle:

Minnie M
4th-January-2005, 12:33 PM
WHAT?? :really: :really: You have dancing down Sarf?? You guys managed to keep that quiet! :whistle:

cheeky boy :rofl: :rofl:

BTW it is DARN SARF - get it rite !

Starlight Dancer
4th-January-2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys, thats been most helpful, now I'm spoilt for choice!

Sheepman
5th-January-2005, 11:24 AM
No need ... already exists ... http://www.uk-jive.co.uk Not exactly a complete listing though, but of course anyone hoping to produce a complete listing has a full time job on their hands.

Greg

stewart38
5th-January-2005, 03:33 PM
There is camber March 2005 clashes with Blackpool but I know thats the only weekend they could get ?

Camber May 2005

Southport June 2005 , the best one for me so far (last yr)

I cant find a full list for the year but maybe its somewhere. Rockbottoms are doing something in May ??

Minnie M
5th-January-2005, 03:47 PM
Check out Jive Hive Special Events - not worth me doing it as this is very comprehenise

Jive Hive (http://www.jivehive.co.uk)

Scot
5th-January-2005, 04:26 PM
Scottish Comp 2005 2nd/3rd September 2005

Charity is Barnardos this year

LizzyHa
11th-January-2005, 11:45 PM
Scottish Comp 2005 2nd/3rd September 2005
Originally Posted by Franck

• 2nd/3rd/4th September: Perth, Big Forum Gathering Week-end

• 1st October: Edinburgh (Musselburgh) - Scottish Championships

Please could we have some clarification as to which dates are correct. It would be a shame if two great events clashed on the first weekend in September.

Tiggerbabe
12th-January-2005, 12:43 AM
The Scottish Competition is in September, no fixed date as yet for the BFG :sad:

DavidY
20th-February-2005, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know yet the likely dates for the BFG in 2005?

And is the weekend of 2/3 Sept a confirmed date for the Scottish Championships?

Thanks, :hug:
David

Tiggerbabe
20th-February-2005, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know yet the likely dates for the BFG in 2005?
nope :hug:

And is the weekend of 2/3 Sept a confirmed date for the Scottish Championships?

Yup :D