PDA

View Full Version : 3-1

Will
11th-November-2002, 11:54 AM
3-1 :na: 3-1

John S
11th-November-2002, 12:38 PM
Presumably refers to Bradford Park Avenue's stunning 3-1 victory over Droylsden in the Unibond League, but relevance to Ceroc is unclear.
:cheers:

Maybe Blue Moons and Red Devils should take it outside?????

Graham
11th-November-2002, 01:22 PM
Are you actually a City fan, or just pleased that the other side lost?

Dreadful Scathe
11th-November-2002, 02:10 PM
Whats this ? English football ? on a ceroc scotland forum ?
does anyone care about some obscure local derby result ? i mean really !! :)

DavidB
11th-November-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Whats this ? English football ? on a ceroc scotland forum ?Sorry - we must have forgotten you don't play football in Scotland. (Just as we don't play cricket any more in England!)

Gus
11th-November-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
Sorry - we must have forgotten you don't play football in Scotland. (Just as we don't play cricket any more in England!) David, before this conversation degenerates and gets kicked "Outside" ..... you are going to the Party aren't you? With your significant stature, how are you going to avoid the hordes of screaming dress wearing Scots eager to avenge this slur on the glorious game ......

oh, just a question ... does Scotland have any football teams other than Celtic and Rangers?:really:

Franck
11th-November-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Whats this ? English football ? on a ceroc scotland forum ?
does anyone care about some obscure local derby result ? i mean really !! :) Well, this is the "Chit Chat" area, so anything goes... :wink:
Football, religion, politics, you name it!

The idea, is that if nobody cares, the thread will be ignored, and will disappear very low down the list and into oblivion...
Unless of course it is hi-jacked by the "Off-topic" brigade (Hi Heather :na: ) in which case, it will become one of the busiest threads around (apart from the ones with 'SEX' in the title :wink: )

Franck.

Heather
11th-November-2002, 08:11 PM
:D :D Yes indeed Gus there are lots of other football teams in Scotland apart from Celtic and Rangers. (Mores the pity)
Dundee has in fact two football teams Dundee and Dundee United , both of which are within spitting distance of the school in which I teach.
I haven't the slightest interest in football or either team, but sometimes we have all these lovely,handsome, young footballers descending on our school to give health and fitness talks and coaching sessions to the kids !! :yum: :yum:
Well I suppose there are some compensations for working with p7 in Dens Road (but not many).
:cheers:
Heather
:kiss:

Will
12th-November-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Are you actually a City fan, or just pleased that the other side lost?
Oh No Sir! I am most definately a City fan and have been all my life. Indeed, I was born in Manchester - Hence why I support City and not United.

And to all those who posted articles to the effect of "What is a football topic doing on a dance forum?".... I say read what Franck has put as the description of the "Chit Chat" Forum - i.e. "Talk about anything NOT related to dancing... Have fun, it's your Forum!"

That is why I stuck it in the chit chat forum in the first place.
:sick: No offence was meant.......

Will

Keith
12th-November-2002, 04:31 PM
The main reason for this being on a Scottish forum/National, is that for those of you who do not know Manchester, Manchester does not harbour any United supporters!
Manchester United supporters come from the rest of the UK, Europe & the World, where supporters wish to belong to a winning team & not their local one!
There is truly only one Manchester Team & as Manchester is a City, I'll let you deduce for yourselves, that team. :devil:
Keith:cheers:

CJ
12th-November-2002, 04:33 PM
Em, that'll be the city of Manchester United, then?

DavidB
12th-November-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Keith
There is truly only one Manchester Team & as Manchester is a City, I'll let you deduce for yourselves, that team. :devil:
So why have you put a little Red Devil smilie at the end...

Keith
12th-November-2002, 05:04 PM
It's mucky brown not red!

CJ
12th-November-2002, 05:10 PM
Actually, it was red before all the bull***** on this thread:D :D

I am SO not going to make the 23rd!!:rolleyes:

Will
12th-November-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Keith
The main reason for this being on a Scottish forum/National, is that for those of you who do not know Manchester, Manchester does not harbour any United supporters!
Manchester United supporters come from the rest of the UK, Europe & the World, where supporters wish to belong to a winning team & not their local one!
Keith:cheers:

I have to say that this is the single best post that I have seen since I joined this forum.

WELL DONE KEITH!!!! :cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-November-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Will

"Talk about anything NOT related to dancing... Have fun, it's your Forum!"

That is why I stuck it in the chit chat forum in the first place.
:sick: No offence was meant.......

and Im sure none was taken - I was only joking after all :)

can I just say FALKIRK are top of the league ;)

Curtain
13th-November-2002, 02:25 PM
3-1? Is this the ratio of girls to guys in Manchester?

Franck did mention you could talk about anything here so, so I'd just like to put my two tuppence worth in. Wasn't the team you supported in most city's down to the Catholic/Protestant divide?

I believe this was the orginal situation in most of the cities where Irish communities settled. The local protestant community supported one team and the Irish Catholic supported their own ...

EVERTON (Called St. Devenicks or summit orginally)- Catholic
LIVERPOOL - Protestant

CELTIC - Catholic
RANGERS - Protestant

HIBS - Catholic
HEARTS - Protestant

MAN UTD - Catholic
MAN CITY - Protestant

Eh ... Can't think of any more. I know this obviously isn't the case now, but there's a nice wee history lesson for you all.

Little prediction for you ... Blackburn 1-1 Celtic. Scotland wins!!

John S
13th-November-2002, 03:10 PM
You could also add Dundee FC and Dundee United (whose former name was Dundee Hibernian).

Or even Airdrieonians (as was) and Albion Rovers - but at least the crowds there were small enough for one-to-one discussions.

But PLEASE - I come from the West of Scotland originally, where the question of mixing football and religion - even in a jokey or historical context is STILL so potentially destructive, damaging and downright depressing that I hate to see it resurrected on this thread - and I know that by posting this I'm moving it back to the top of people's "New Posts" lists.

As a supporter of Dunfermline Athletic (best of the rest at the moment!!) I am totally disgusted by the displays of 17th century bigotry that invade my town when Celtic or Rangers play here - and I know that thousands of their own supporters are decent human beings who are equally disgusted.

So, no thanks at all to Curtain for raising this issue, sorry!

Can't even think of a jokey way to end this - too depressed!!!

:sad:

CJ
13th-November-2002, 03:17 PM
Bigotry and religion in football?

TAKE IT OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please.:sick:

John S
13th-November-2002, 05:12 PM
I would rather the whole topic were just taken outside and flushed away - I won't contribute any more to any debate .......... unless severely provoked, of course!!!

Wendy
13th-November-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by John S
I would rather the whole topic were just taken outside and flushed away

Wasn't going to cyber talk this week cos my cyber voice is husky from all the cyber shouting I've been doing recently .......

but when I saw you were getting depressed, John, I thought I would tell you a wee football story to cheer you up....

Once upon a time in 1976, a wee Glasgow girl was very depressed and confused by all that nonsense between Celtic and Rangers and then she met a Prince called Murdo Alexander who was from Aberdeen. She was besotted by this young laddie and fell very much head over heels (a CEROC move to be invented years later !!) with him and started to dress in red and white. She got a red and white stripey t shirt , some red and white stripey pop sox and one of her friends bought her some red and white stripey pants and she wore these too. Eventually, after hours and hours of flirting and following him around school, her Prince asked her out, gave her a love bite at a party and chucked her the day before the Christmas disco !!! She was very sad and cried a river of tears ...... he moved to Dundee and she ran away to France and kissed lots of PSG fans and eventually fell in love with a Protestant who (kind of ) supported Celtic ....

and she still has a soft spot for Aberdonians to this day !!!

Hope that helped John. If not, I'll try out my new move on you on the 23rd - it never fails !!!

Wx

Curtain
13th-November-2002, 10:47 PM
I agree that the whole religion thing is gone well past it's sell by date. Sorry if my useless historical facts left a bad taste, no harm intended.

Peace Man!!