PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Bognor?

Sparkles
28th-December-2004, 10:23 PM
Forgive me if this thread has already been started, I did search for it before posting.
Just wondered whose company I might have the pleasure of enjoying at Bognor in January '05? :cheers:
I'm very excited about it because the Sunday is my Birthday! :o
S. x

Rhythm King
29th-December-2004, 12:41 AM
Forgive me if this thread has already been started, I did search for it before posting.
Just wondered whose company I might have the pleasure of enjoying at Bognor in January '05? :cheers:
S. x

I shall be there, with birthday present(s) and fully expecting a few milliseconds,at least, of your birthday dance! :flower: You'd best pick a long song, 'cos I suspect there will be quite a few people (boys and girls) in the queue :waycool:

(Oh and save me some WCS, please!)

R-K :hug:

under par
29th-December-2004, 02:36 AM
mrs Par and I will be along for the weekend.

It will be nice only to have a 25 minute journey,,, :whistle: for a change.

looking forward to a great weekend :yeah:

Lynn
29th-December-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm still hoping to get there! Any place/time that forumites could meet up? I would love to meet some more that I haven't yet met!

Simon r
29th-December-2004, 12:51 PM
S. x
Nicole and myself might be going depends on Mary and tony ... mary is goimg to try and get us all tickets and share a challet together.
It would be nicole's cherry on weekend dancing and as it is her birthday on the 3rd will make the weekend even better...
Hope to see you all there for a dance or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
:kiss:

Zebra Woman
30th-December-2004, 06:08 PM
:clap: YIPPEE !! Save me a slot, I'm coming to Bognor :clap:

ZW :flower:

Rhythm King
31st-December-2004, 12:50 AM
:clap: YIPPEE !! Save me a slot, I'm coming to Bognor :clap:

Woo Hoo! :clap: - You can dance from A to B and back again in my slot anytime! :yum:

R-K :flower:

Mary
31st-December-2004, 12:12 PM
OK, we'll be there - provided I can get thru' to Franco and book it officially - think he could be a bit busy today :wink:

Who's for the West Coast room?

Please, please, please can I have lots of dances with EVERYONE - I have put on so much weight and now have to work it off. :really:

Have a great night tonight everyone, Happy New Year.

:hug:
M

TheTramp
31st-December-2004, 01:51 PM
Who's for the West Coast room?

Please, please, please can I have lots of dances with EVERYONE

Me.

And yes. To get some dances with you is the only reason I'm coming really :clap:

Mary
31st-December-2004, 01:59 PM
Me.

And yes. To get some dances with you is the only reason I'm coming really :clap:

Now I KNOW you say that to all the girls...............and some of the guys for that matter. You are such a smoothie, how can a girl (or guy) resist. :wink: :hug: Looking forward to the dances.

M

stompin' phil
31st-December-2004, 02:25 PM
Me and Alison will be there. Is it really 1 year since the last Bognor.

Phil

TheTramp
31st-December-2004, 02:30 PM
Now I KNOW you say that to all the girls...............and some of the guys for that matter. You are such a smoothie, how can a girl (or guy) resist. :wink: :hug: Looking forward to the dances.

M
Nah. Not ALL the girls.

Most. But not all :whistle: :wink:

Lynn
3rd-January-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm going! I'm going! :clap: :clap:

Any good place/time to find other forumites?

Zebra Woman
3rd-January-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm going! I'm going! :clap: :clap:

Any good place/time to find other forumites?

Great news Lynn :hug. I will be residing in the West Coast/Blues room.....See you there. :clap: AFIK There is no schedule available for the day time, so yet again we can't plan ahead. Annoying eh? I much prefer the Southport set up where we had our little brochure a month in advance.

I haven't been to Bognor before. Is there an easy way of moving between the two rooms without getting wet feet? I'm thinking of taking plastic bags to put over my shoes for the outdoor bit.....not very lady like though :sick: Anyone got any tips?

Alison :hug:

Lynn
3rd-January-2005, 02:32 PM
Great news Lynn :hug. I will be residing in the West Coast/Blues room.....See you there. :clap: AFIK There is no schedule available for the day time, so yet again we can't plan ahead. That's probably where I will be too! At Southport I came over with a crowd from NI - but ended up at night in the blues room with forumites. No crowd from NI this time - just two of us.

Maybe you can introduce me to some other forumites I haven't yet met (or I that have met but didn't realise it!). Its so nice putting faces to names.

Zebra Woman
3rd-January-2005, 03:02 PM
Maybe you can introduce me to some other forumites I haven't yet met (or I that have met but didn't realise it!). Its so nice putting faces to names.

I think you know as many forumites as I do Lynn, but I will be delighted to fill in any blanks if I can .....I will be stripey as usual so can easily be used as a go between.

Did you know last year at Southport a forumite sneakily danced with me without ever telling me who they were! How sneaky is that?

You know who you are :devil:

:rofl:

Sheepman
3rd-January-2005, 03:16 PM
Great news Lynn :hug. I will be residing in the West Coast/Blues room.....See you there. :yeah:
If it doesn't happen before, I suspect just before midnight on Saturday night would be a good time to gather in the wcs/blues venue. :whistle:

I haven't been to Bognor before. Is there an easy way of moving between the two rooms without getting wet feet? I'm thinking of taking plastic bags to put over my shoes for the outdoor bit.....not very lady like though :sick: Anyone got any tips? You just need to find a gentleman who will lay down his coat for you to walk upon ...
Failing that, a fireman could manage the lift :wink:

Greg

Zebra Woman
3rd-January-2005, 04:47 PM
:yeah:
If it doesn't happen before, I suspect just before midnight on Saturday night would be a good time to gather in the wcs/blues venue. :whistle:

Ahem....would the DJ at that time be particularly woolly by any chance?? Or is that when the band will be playing? :whistle:

You just need to find a gentleman who will lay down his coat for you to walk upon ...

Greg
:eek: :eek:

I'm sticking with plan A. Plastic bags on my feet.

TheTramp
3rd-January-2005, 05:52 PM
Ahem....would the DJ at that time be particularly woolly by any chance?? Or is that when the band will be playing? :whistle:
Well. I imagine that I'll spend most of the weekend in the WC/Blues room (as usual). But especially when the band is on. I haven't had the DJ timetable through yet. So unless someone has more info than I do, we don't know who's DJing and when yet. After all, there's still 4 days until it happens! :what:

I'm sticking with plan A. Plastic bags on my feet.
Ah. I'll carry you across if you ever need a lift :hug:

TheTramp
3rd-January-2005, 05:59 PM
Having just looked at the schedule I do have, the band is on at 10:30-11:15, and then again from 00:00 - 00:45 in the main hall....

But some forumites might like the band...!!

stewart38
3rd-January-2005, 06:14 PM
Having just looked at the schedule I do have, the band is on at 10:30-11:15, and then again from 00:00 - 00:45 in the main hall....

But some forumites might like the band...!!

so I assume if you dont like live bands you go over to the other room ?

TheTramp
3rd-January-2005, 06:15 PM
so I assume if you dont like live bands you go over to the other room ?
I think that's what we've been saying, yes :D

Of course, if you don't like WCS or Blues music either. Then you're kinda buggered.

Can you say 'buggered' on this forum Franck?

Andreas
3rd-January-2005, 06:18 PM
:yeah:
You just need to find a gentleman who will lay down his coat for you to walk upon ...

Greg

That is what she is gonna take the bags for:

'Oh, you want to go over there, too? Great! Just watch out, you may get your shiny dance shoes dirty.'

'Uhh, ya right there!'

'Don't you worry my friend. Just for you I brought these state-of-the-art plastic bags to wrap your feet/shoes in!'

'Hey, that is great. You are so considerate! I wish all ladies here were like you. Look, they even fit perfectly!'

'As I said, I brought them just for you. :) '

'Cool, but hey, what about you?'

'Ah, don't worr about me. I'll stay over here and get bored out of my tree while you enjoy yourself over there. That is fine, not a problem! Honestly!'

'Nah, come on, how about I carry you across? That way both of us get to have fun!'

'Really, ah well, if you insist.'

Lynn
3rd-January-2005, 08:10 PM

:rofl: Hmm, must pack some plastic bags too - sounds like fun :wink:

Dance Demon
3rd-January-2005, 08:35 PM
Can you say 'buggered' on this forum Franck?

You can say it Steve....just don't do it :wink:

stewart38
4th-January-2005, 12:55 AM
Someone said there was lot more ladies at Bognor last year is that likely this year ?

Lounge Lizard
4th-January-2005, 09:23 AM
This will be the first Bognor I have missed, hope you all have a great time, and I am sure the WCS room will be fantastic.
My main memories of Bognor are trying to overcome problems with the dance floor or loading/laying/unloading heavy flooring sheets the week before.
That is one bit I will not miss - Franco's new temporary floor should be a success if Camber is anything to go by
Enjoy and see you all at Camber in March (unless you are going to Blackpool)
Peter

Sheepman
4th-January-2005, 12:08 PM
Of course, if you don't like WCS or Blues music either. Then you're kinda buggered. I don't think it will be revealing anything too confidential to say that the music in the Rendezvous venue should adjust to suit the crowd, so if there is a big influx of jivers when the band is on, the music should suit (almost?) everyone.

Greg

Zebra Woman
4th-January-2005, 12:16 PM

'Oh, you want to go over there, too? Great! Just watch out, you may get your shiny dance shoes dirty.'

'Uhh, ya right there!'

'Don't you worry my friend. Just for you I brought these state-of-the-art plastic bags to wrap your feet/shoes in!'

'Hey, that is great. You are so considerate! I wish all ladies here were like you. Look, they even fit perfectly!'

'As I said, I brought them just for you. :) '

'Cool, but hey, what about you?'

'Ah, don't worr about me. I'll stay over here and get bored out of my tree while you enjoy yourself over there. That is fine, not a problem! Honestly!'

'Nah, come on, how about I carry you across? That way both of us get to have fun!'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Andreas , what a gent! I am now guessing your (shiny) shoe size and bringing plactic bags specially for you . Hope you're feeling strong. :eek:

Do you know how heavy a fully clothed zebra is??? :what:

Sheepman
4th-January-2005, 12:36 PM
Ahem....would the DJ at that time be particularly woolly by any chance?? Not at that time (anyway I'm assuming the DJ booth could be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit us all in! :eek: ) I'd forgotten that was when the band was playing, but of course it only has to be a brief introduction to who's who so we can recognise each other, and those desparate to see the band can slope off...
Plus of course it will be just before the start of a forumites birthday...

Greg

Andreas
4th-January-2005, 01:07 PM

Andreas , what a gent! I am now guessing your (shiny) shoe size and bringing plactic bags specially for you . Hope you're feeling strong. :eek:

Yeah, I used Zebras for bench press exercises in the past but ran out of space when moving to London. Win some lose some :D

I knew you'd do that, so I swiftly booked myself in to work this weekend :eek: :sad: I'll be at Hipsters this Friday, though ;)

Sparkles
4th-January-2005, 01:37 PM
I can't wait! I can't wait!
Why oh why oh why can't Bognor start today??? :tears:
It's so hard being at work when you know you've got something so good to look forward to!

S. x

PS. it would be so lovely to see everyone in the WCS/blues room on the Saturday night, but if you want to watch the band I guess I'll see you around sometime during the weekend :flower:

bobgadjet
4th-January-2005, 01:52 PM
Not at that time (anyway I'm assuming the DJ booth could be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit us all in! :eek: ) I'd forgotten that was when the band was playing, but of course it only has to be a brief introduction to who's who so we can recognise each other, and those desparate to see the band can slope off...
Plus of course it will be just before the start of a forumites birthday...

Greg
Seems to me, from the postings so far, that the DJ booth AND the wcs/blues room may be a squeeeeeeeze.

Are there any contingencies for an overpacked wcs/blues room I wonder?

Looking forward to putting faces to forum names to personal names.

and I haven't had a DJ schedule yet ! ! ! apart frfom knowing I'm on very late Sunday (I think).

Danger Mouse
4th-January-2005, 03:21 PM
I be going to Bognor I be.

The last time I went to Butlins at Bognor Regis I was 8 (ish) and there is NO WAY you would have got me up to dance, not even to the birdy song.

See you there......

bobgadjet
4th-January-2005, 03:25 PM

The last time I went to Butlins at Bognor Regis I was 8 (ish) and there is NO WAY you would have got me up to dance, not even to the birdy song.

See you there......

The "WHAT" song ?

stewart38
5th-January-2005, 01:06 AM

See you there......

I loved dancing even at the age of 8. more Green Sleeves era me :sick:

Lory
5th-January-2005, 02:28 AM
I thought I couldn't make it down at all but I've just heard I can come down on Sunday! (sparkles birthday) woooo hoooo! :clap:

Hope to see you all in the blues room! :o

And Ladies, please don't completely wear the men out before I get there! :whistle:

Sheepman
5th-January-2005, 11:33 AM
And Ladies, please don't completely wear the men out before I get there! :whistle: But I thought being worn out was the whole point of bluesing? :wink: Why else would I need my partner to hold me up?
I do hope you're not expecting any energetic dances by Sunday!

Greg

Lory
5th-January-2005, 11:54 AM
But I thought being worn out was the whole point of bluesing? :wink: Why else would I need my partner to hold me up?
I do hope you're not expecting any energetic dances by Sunday!

Greg
Greg, I'm surprised at you, I thought you knew me better than that :rolleyes:

OK ladies, Sheepy's made a good point :D wear off the sharp edges and mellow them out at bit, get them all relaxed but NOT so much that they're horizontal! :wink: :rofl:

Lynn
5th-January-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought I couldn't make it down at all but I've just heard I can come down on Sunday! (sparkles birthday) woooo hoooo! :clap:

Hope to see you all in the blues room! :o :clap: See you there!

Minnie M
5th-January-2005, 03:01 PM
I'M GOING NOW !
I will be helping - so see you all when you check in

bobgadjet
5th-January-2005, 03:05 PM
I'M GOING NOW !
I will be helping - so see you all when you check in
Save me a HUG, and a dance please
Janet & I looking 4ward to seeing you again
:hugs:

Minnie M
5th-January-2005, 03:26 PM
Save me a HUG, and a dance please
Janet & I looking 4ward to seeing you again
:hugs:

Certainly will :hug: :clap: and save a couple of dances too please :flower:

Sparkles
5th-January-2005, 05:52 PM
Greg, I'm surprised at you, I thought you knew me better than that :rolleyes:

OK ladies, Sheepy's made a good point :D wear off the sharp edges and mellow them out at bit, get them all relaxed but NOT so much that they're horizontal! :wink: :rofl:

It's a tough job, but I guess someone'll have to do it :innocent:

Don't worry, Lory, :wink: I'll make sure all the men are fully prepared for you by the time you arrive!

Any other requests, anyone? :whistle:

S. x

Andy McGregor
6th-January-2005, 01:04 AM
If the clothing of this particular Zebra was draped over the foot of your bed you wouldn't even notice ...

Andy McGregor
6th-January-2005, 01:09 AM
Any other requests, anyone? :whistle:

S. x
I hear that we are going for a Mega Gutbuster with the Tramp in the all night cafe in Brighton on the Thursday before Bognor (tonight). My request it that you eat one too - the last time I saw the Tramp attempt one of these he left the chips :what:

He says he doesn't like chips and this time will ask for a subtitute he does like. As the Mega Gutbuster is basically a massive tray of fried food that would feed a family of 5 I believe the word "lighweight" can be used for the first time in connection with the Tramp :devil:

Sparkles
6th-January-2005, 10:48 AM
I hear that we are going for a Mega Gutbuster with the Tramp in the all night cafe in Brighton on the Thursday before Bognor (tonight). My request it that you eat one too - the last time I saw the Tramp attempt one of these he left the chips :what:

He says he doesn't like chips and this time will ask for a subtitute he does like. As the Mega Gutbuster is basically a massive tray of fried food that would feed a family of 5 I believe the word "lighweight" can be used for the first time in connection with the Tramp :devil:

I'll willingly give it a go, but I fear the Tramp can 'eat me under the table' when it comes to fried food :sick:
looking forward to seeing you tonight, Darling. :kiss:
S. x

ChrisA
6th-January-2005, 10:35 PM
the Tramp can 'eat me under the table'
You wanna be extremely careful with opportunities you give people to quote you out of context :devil:

Zebra Woman
7th-January-2005, 09:44 AM

Lynn
8th-January-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm not there :tears:

Instead of spending a weekend dancing I'm sick and at home :tears: :tears:

I have been to only one class since September and haven't done any 'proper' dancing for 3 months so I was really looking forward to it and am so disappointed that I couldn't go :(

Lory
8th-January-2005, 05:13 PM

I have been to only one class since September and haven't done any 'proper' dancing for 3 months so I was really looking forward to it and am so disappointed that I couldn't go :(AWWWW Lynn! Have a big Hug :hug:
I hope your feeling better very soon! :flower:

TheTramp
10th-January-2005, 01:46 PM

I have been to only one class since September and haven't done any 'proper' dancing for 3 months so I was really looking forward to it and am so disappointed that I couldn't go :(
And we all missed you Lynn.

Hope you're better soon...

stewart38
11th-January-2005, 11:01 AM
No feed back ?

what was it like ?

I was stuck in a blizzard at Avimore on saturday night :sick:

under par
11th-January-2005, 11:04 AM
No feed back ?

what was it like ?

I was stuck in a blizzard at Avimore on saturday night :sick:

For feedback see thread "Bognor -how did it go then!"

Lory
11th-January-2005, 11:08 AM
No feed back ?

what was it like ?

Theres a thread here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4490) :)

and more here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4481) :)