PDA

View Full Version : MJ new years resolutions

Cornish Pixie
28th-December-2004, 08:52 PM
Has anyone got any resolutions planned for their dancing in the new year. I don't know your opinions but i feel that setting goals for things always helps to achieve them. Mine will be
1) Learn to remember more moves (don't quite know how im going to do this!)
2) Learn to keep a clear lead even when i get really into tracks.

Andy McGregor
28th-December-2004, 11:32 PM
1. Do a lot more with my free hand.
2. Get even further into tracks ... :devil:

.. oh, and open loads more nights, train up more teachers to teach 'proper' MJ (see here (http://www.rocsters.com/teachertraining.htm)) :wink:, stamp out bouncy hands at my events, have dances that offer value for money, stamp out stamping dancing, organise fun MJ events, dance fashion shows, MJ awards events with red carpets and people arriving by limo, and a competition, and generally challenge the status quo :devil:

.. and not go to the Ceroc champs unless they promise to treat competitors like they have feelings :tears:

.. and publish how they do their judging and show some sign that I won't risk spending hours in A&E because friend has cut her head open in their venue :angry:

TheTramp
29th-December-2004, 02:13 AM
and show some sign that I won't risk spending hours in A&E because friend has cut her head open in their venue :angry:

Ah. But at least the company was great!!

Andy McGregor
29th-December-2004, 07:11 AM
Ah. But at least the company was great!!
:yeah:

For those of you that don't know. Katie, from the Forum, cut her head open walking under the stair case at the Palais. She waited hours before letting me take her to A&E. When they asked her why she took so long to come in she said she had to stay and watch the finals :flower:

Minnie M
29th-December-2004, 10:23 AM
........Do a lot more with my free hand.

Sorry Andy couldn't resit it :rofl: :rofl:

MartinHarper
4th-January-2005, 08:05 PM
Quit apologising when I mess up while dancing.

Stuart
4th-January-2005, 10:32 PM
Try some new venues.

David Bailey
2nd-January-2006, 07:00 PM
I was about to start a thread called "dance resolutions", but then I discovered this one. Close enough...

My 2006 dance resolutions are:
- Become able to freestyle Argentinian Tango
- Work this into my MJ in a natural manner
- Get back up to form on salsa

Oh, and:
- Post more about actual dancing on the Forum.

Tessalicious
2nd-January-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh, and:
- Post more about actual dancing on the Forum.Given your current post frequency, DJ, shouldn't that really be 'post less (that's not about dancing) on the Forum' (if you want to still have a job this time next year anyway)?

David Bailey
2nd-January-2006, 07:26 PM
Given your current post frequency, DJ, shouldn't that really be 'post less (that's not about dancing) on the Forum' (if you want to still have a job this time next year anyway)?
Quite possibly, but that's not technically a dance resolution....

TheTramp
2nd-January-2006, 07:40 PM
Given your current post frequency, DJ, shouldn't that really be 'post less (that's not about dancing) on the Forum'
I don't see a problem with posting every now and again on the forum :what:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-January-2006, 08:15 PM
*Get back to going to Ceroc EVERY WEEK! That's every tuesday, and most wednesdays,I missed going to the GUU :sad:
*Find something to do with my free arm while dancing :whistle:
*Somehow manage to get more rhythm into my dancing, wiggling isn't enough!
*Learn how to follow without going on autopilot, I forget how to word it, but like not need someone leading you as such, going with the flow (Help!) Franck knows what I mean
*Try an intermediate class as a man, but i'm not going to be rushing into that one :blush:
*Try to vary my leading better, again the last point is linked to this a bit

Andreas
3rd-January-2006, 02:05 PM
- Recommence practicing at home again. (applies to all dance forms)

Lynn
3rd-January-2006, 03:35 PM
Quit apologising when I mess up while dancing.:yeah:
And...
- Ask more men to dance.:rolleyes: (At weekenders and the like, I'm not shy on my home ground!)
- Learn the basics of AT (OK, not an MJ resolution but it will hopefully come in useful at MJ weekenders like Scarborough and Southport)
- Learn to lead.

clevedonboy
3rd-January-2006, 03:57 PM
Learn Balboa & Ballroom.

Improve my Lindy

Forget all about moves and just dance darling.

(I'd give up MJ but I'm not a quitter)