PDA

View Full Version : Christmas eve - Beaconsfield or Twyford?

Rachel
23rd-December-2004, 11:52 AM
Can any southeners help? We're - yet again - being really indecisive & can't decide where to go on Christmas eve.

I'm leaning towards Beaconsfield, since it's been months and months since we were last able to get there and Sheepie's dj'ing, so the music's bound to be great. And it goes on later.

Marc's more inclined towards Twyford, which is very tempting - mostly because of the people who he knows will be there.

Has anyone got any persuasive arguments to help us choose? Who's going to either of these? Who's djing at Twyford? Is it a fancy dress/dress up night? Do we need tickets? There don't seem to be many details on the webpage.

Thanks,
Rachel

DavidB
23rd-December-2004, 12:40 PM
We are going to Twyford.

Mary
23rd-December-2004, 01:14 PM
We're supposed to be driving to Banbury that evening, but could have a last minute change of plan and go to Twyford - it's awfully tempting.

Hey Bex, Billco - any chance of Twk doing his thang?

M

ChrisA
23rd-December-2004, 01:42 PM
Well I'll be at Twyford if I can solve my transport problems.

Chris

Bex
23rd-December-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Well unfortunately the lovely TWK and Diva are heading off to visit family etc on Christmas Eve, but........TWK left us a couple of fab compliations of his most tempting tracks so you'll still get his vibe even though he won't actually be present! :worthy:

Should be a great night, we've had lots of calls from people even heading up from Southampton for the night.

Hope to see you all there........did I mention there will be cookies too? :drool:

Bex :flower:

Mary
23rd-December-2004, 01:57 PM
On reflection Beaconsfield should be fab too - I know lots of my favourite dancers are going and Sheepy's dj-ing should make it worth going for.

But I do feel the lure of Twyford calling to me.

M

Rachel
23rd-December-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Well unfortunately the lovely TWK and Diva are heading off to visit family etc on Christmas Eve, but........TWK left us a couple of fab compliations of his most tempting tracks so you'll still get his vibe even though he won't actually be present! :worthy:

Should be a great night, we've had lots of calls from people even heading up from Southampton for the night.

Hope to see you all there........did I mention there will be cookies too? :drool:

Bex :flower: Do we need tickets for Twyford?
R.

Mary
23rd-December-2004, 02:27 PM
Do we need tickets for Twyford?
R.

Nah! You may have to walk along a red carpet tho'. :wink: :worthy:

M

Simon r
23rd-December-2004, 02:43 PM
what is there any need to ask we will both be at Twyford...........Its cookie and coffee night, speaking over the lasr couple of weeks everyone is coming so guys and gals shake your ass down there...
Rachel do you and Marc want to stay over but i suppose it is christmas so there might be room in the inn...
see you there
:worthy: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: simon

Rachel
23rd-December-2004, 02:49 PM
what is there any need to ask we will both be at Twyford...........Its cookie and coffee night, speaking over the lasr couple of weeks everyone is coming so guys and gals shake your ass down there...
Rachel do you and Marc want to stay over but i suppose it is christmas so there might be room in the inn...
see you there
:worthy: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: simon Mmm, Twyford's getting more and more tempting ...

Simon, that's really such a lovely offer - thank you so much! If it had been any other night, we'd be up for it but, you're right, with it being Christmas, I think it will be nice to wake up at home & dive straight into the presents. Unless, of course, you're offering presents & champagne? :wink:

Nah! You may have to walk along a red carpet tho' Thanks for letting us know about the tickets.... Red carpet???
R. x

stewart38
23rd-December-2004, 02:49 PM
What are numbers like on christmas eve generally ? Do they hold up well

Simon r
23rd-December-2004, 03:00 PM
Mmm, Twyford's getting more and more tempting ...

Simon, that's really such a lovely offer - thank you so much! If it had been any other night, we'd be up for it but, you're right, with it being Christmas, I think it will be nice to wake up at home & dive straight into the presents. Unless, of course, you're offering presents & champagne? :wink:

R. x
I am afraid there is no room left under the tree as nicole has got me so many presents we can not get in to the living room.....
can't wait to see you ,,ask marc if i can have another dance as last sunday was way to much fun...

Rachel
23rd-December-2004, 03:14 PM
I am afraid there is no room left under the tree as nicole has got me so many presents we can not get in to the living room..... Poor excuse!! But if it's true, I hope you've got her just as many?

can't wait to see you ,,ask marc if i can have another dance as last sunday was way to much fun... You looked great dancing together - really well matched styles. Tooo good!!
R. x

Andreas
23rd-December-2004, 06:00 PM
I unfortunately can't make it. Working till (l)8pm and then no way to get out there in time :(

You guys have fun!

merry xmas :cheers:

Missy D
23rd-December-2004, 06:19 PM
I was going to stay in all on my own with a botlle of whatever and a mince pie or two!

Maybe i should make an effort and come to Twyford as i have never been there before!

Can anyone tell me how to get there from North London?

And is there a theme to this Christmas Eve dance?

ChrisA
23rd-December-2004, 06:36 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get there from North London?

M4 West to Junction 8/9 Maidenhead

A404(M) North (for about a mile), then left at roundabout onto

A4 West (for about 6 miles - maybe even more, you think you've gone too far but you haven't unless you come into Reading itself!!! You have to go straight on at a couple of roundabouts, past several pubs and at least one garden centre) then left onto

A3032, signposted Twyford.

Follow the road round to the right, then after the 30 mph sign and the Twyford town sign, turn right into

Loddon Hall Road.

The sugar shack is at the end of that road.

The streetmap ref is here (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=479030&Y=176487&A=Y&Z=1)

And is there a theme to this Christmas Eve dance?
No, thank heavens :devil:

Hope to see you :hug:

Chris

Missy D
23rd-December-2004, 06:45 PM
Thank you for the directions! Look forward to seeing you there :flower:

Stuart
23rd-December-2004, 10:36 PM
Thank you for the directions! Look forward to seeing you there :flower:

Look out for the Church on the right hand side as you head into Twyford. The turning is there.

Missy D
24th-December-2004, 12:34 AM
Look out for the Church on the right hand side as you head into Twyford. The turning is there.

Great a church to go to on the way home for some Christmas Carol singing! :really:

Simon r
24th-December-2004, 11:09 AM
Great a church to go to on the way home for some Christmas Carol singing! :really:
will be good to see you honey and can i book a dance now :clap: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
24th-December-2004, 12:14 PM
Can any southeners help? We're - yet again - being really indecisive & can't decide where to go on Christmas eve.

I'm leaning towards Beaconsfield, since it's been months and months since we were last able to get there and Sheepie's dj'ing, so the music's bound to be great. And it goes on later.

There don't seem to be many details on the webpage.

Thanks,
Rachel

when does Twyford end 11.30 ? beacon 12.30 ?

Sheepman
24th-December-2004, 01:20 PM
Here's the plug for Beaconsfield, though I do seem to be outnumbered by the Twyford forumites. :eek:

CHRITMAS EVE PARTY NIGHT at the CURZON CENTRE

This years Christmas Party will be held on Christmas Eve at the Curzon Centre, Maxwell Road, Beaconsfield, HP9 1RG. Tickets in advance are £8…£10 on the night. Please send a cheque to The Dance Inn, 29 Acres End,Amersham, HP7 9DZ. There won’t be a licensed bar ….so feel free to bring your own alcohol…..but soft drinks will be provided. Dancing is from 8pm until 12.30…there is plenty of space to dance…for that night we are planning to have two dance floors……the extra one being for West Coast Swing, Blues and Smooch. Then it’s into the Tea Lounge until 1.00am, where you can chill out with tea, coffee, jam doughnuts and biscuits..with our compliments

http://www.thedanceinn.co.uk/news.aspI'm working on the playlist right now, plenty of smooth blues and smoochy stuff to keep you warm later at night! And with my new toy, I should manage plenty of dancing as well as the DJing! I believe that a fair number of the west coasters will be at Beaconsfield too.

Rachel, I know this might put you off! But Beaconsfield is a no smoking venue. :clap: (What's your New Year's Resolution going to be? :wink: )

Greg

Banana Man
24th-December-2004, 03:19 PM
when does Twyford end 11.30 ? beacon 12.30 ?

Twyford Christmas Freestyle

Hi everyone , just to let you know that will be holding a freestyle night on Christmas eve at Twyford. Great music till 12.00 , tea and our famous cookies till 01.00
Hope to see you there.

Bill.

Twyford for me. Are there going to be any donuts?

Bananaman

Mary
24th-December-2004, 08:59 PM
Prudence dictates (whoever she is) that there will be no dancing for us tonight.

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Please save us some dances, have a FANTASTIC Christmas Eve's dancing, a great Christmas and see you all in the New Year. Unless anyone's going to Oxford on 29th Dec.?

:cheers:

M

Missy D
25th-December-2004, 02:29 AM
First time to Twyford tonight and what a brilliant time i had too! Good job there is no dancing tomorrow as my poor feet can take no more!

There were so many good dancers there, to name but, just a few Bill, David B, Eric, Michael, Chris A, Mark, Simon R :drool: :worthy:

A big thank you to Stewart 38 who drove me there tonight! :flower:

Merry Christmas to you all :cheers: :clap: :clap:

Banana Man
25th-December-2004, 02:37 AM
Twyford - what a fab night, great music, great crowd.

Thanks for some awesome dances - Bex, Lily, MissyD, and lots of others I'd never met before. Laili - thank-you and wow :drool: :yum:, hope I get chance for another dance soon.

Soooo disappointed I didn't manage to get a proper dance with Rachel :sick: , but at least I managed to take part in the deca-trouble (mixed) started by Marc and Simon :worthy: :worthy: :rofl:

Bill and Bex and all the crew - well done for running such a great event, and Merry Christmas to all.

Eric

ChrisA
25th-December-2004, 02:58 AM
Ok folks, you know who the true obsessives are, out dancing on Christmas Eve :D

An old lesson relearned tonight - it's not quantity, it's quality. If the right people are there, you don't need numbers.

And many of them were :clap:

A big thank you to Bill, Bex and the crew for putting on such a great night so close to Christmas, and pretty good music too.

Had a great night.

Merry Christmas all.

Chris :flower:

Father Christmas
25th-December-2004, 04:19 AM
An old lesson relearned tonight - it's not quantity, it's quality. If the right people are there, you don't need numbers.

And many of them were :clap:

Some of us have to work ...

.. just another 1.4781 billion chimneys to go.

stewart38
29th-December-2004, 10:30 AM
:drool: :worthy:

A big thank you to Stewart 38 who drove me there tonight! :flower:

yes and I left Missy D to get the bus back home :wink: Back to work and reality :sick: