PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Break (what do ceroc addicts do ?)

stewart38
23rd-December-2004, 10:34 AM
Christmas is nearly upon us and some of us are taking a ‘voluntary break from jive/ceroc’

I might be going about 8 days or more without a fix and I need some advice

I would have thought by Christmas day or at least Boxing Day some problems will arise

When the Now 68 CD starts playing a summer ceroc song on Boxing Day and the only person to ceroc to is your granny and she has been dead 3yrs what do people do ?

By the 27th and 28th both public holidays I might go bowling and do other stuff does it get harder? I know there are fixes available on the 24th and 27th but im addict and im going cold turkey .

Probably be New years Eve withdrawal will be to great and ill have to get another fix ? or should I just sweat it out and sit with a mate in a packed pub and watch him get drunk ?

Feelingpink
23rd-December-2004, 10:42 AM
Christmas is nearly upon us and some of us are taking a ‘voluntary break from jive/ceroc’

... I know there are fixes available on the 24th and 27th but im addict and im going cold turkey .

Try some gentleman's relish or mango chutney with your cold turkey ... might make it go down better. :grin:

(Now I know I've spent too long with Rhythm King and his puns...)

TheTramp
23rd-December-2004, 10:44 AM
23rd. Party in Stirling
27th. Party in Edinburgh
28th. Normal Ceroc night in Peterculter (Aberdeen)
29th. Normal Ceroc night In Jumpin' Jaks (Aberdeen)
31st. Hogmanay Ball in Edinburgh
3rd. All classes have started back in Scotland.
5th. Heading down south
6th. Teaching in Brighton
7th. Bognor!

Break?

What break??? :clap: :worthy:

Trampy

Feelingpink
23rd-December-2004, 10:45 AM
But really, this is when you watch the new dance DVD that you've requested for Christmas, you try out your new dance shoes you've also requested from Santa, listen to new CDs containing music you might want to dance to ...

drathzel
23rd-December-2004, 12:12 PM
We help organise an MJ party in the country we are going to!!! :whistle:

SilverFox
23rd-December-2004, 12:28 PM
Try some gentleman's relish...Fnarrr, Fnarrr. :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-December-2004, 01:50 PM
:rofl:

Rachel
23rd-December-2004, 02:59 PM
Christmas is nearly upon us and some of us are taking a ‘voluntary break from jive/ceroc’ ... Christmas break? Don't understand ... Isn't the whole point of Christmas being able to go out dancing more than ever without having to worry about getting up for work the next day? :confused: :cheers:
Rachel

Simon r
23rd-December-2004, 03:08 PM
Christmas break? Don't understand ... Isn't the whole point of Christmas being able to go out dancing more than ever without having to worry about getting up for work the next day? :confused: :cheers:
Rachel
:yeah:
can we all compare diary's to hit the same venues :offers please :clap:

Minnie M
23rd-December-2004, 03:51 PM
NYE at Bisley .............of course :D :clap: :yeah: :clap:

stewart38
23rd-December-2004, 03:54 PM
Christmas break? Don't understand ... Isn't the whole point of Christmas being able to go out dancing more than ever without having to worry about getting up for work the next day? :confused: :cheers:
Rachel

So no one ever goes 'cold turkey' over christmas not even boxing day evening ?? :sick:

baldrick
24th-December-2004, 03:42 PM
Dig out the learn Steppin dvd and get some new tricky footwork sorted. :whistle:

Gus
24th-December-2004, 03:48 PM
So no one ever goes 'cold turkey' over christmas not even boxing day evening ?? :sick:So whats wrong with living in ther 'real' world for a change ... you know, hitting the bars with your mates, sharking, dancing round a few handbags, going bowling etc. etc. ?

drathzel
25th-December-2004, 12:44 PM
Dig out the learn Steppin dvd and get some new tricky footwork sorted. :whistle:

OI!!!!! not without me you dont!!!!! :mad:

Robin
25th-December-2004, 08:43 PM

I would have thought by Christmas day or at least Boxing Day some problems will arise

Well, if anyone is done sarf, you could visit Ceroc Finchley/Whetstone on 27 & 28 December . We never close !

[Adam Nathanson Plug Mode]

Don't forget, New Years Day Chillout Party .... 8pm-1am -- Tea & Croissants at Midnight!

[Plug Mode Off]

TheTramp
25th-December-2004, 09:06 PM
[Adam Nathanson Plug Mode]

[Plug Mode Off]
And can you buy copies of the Jive Masters DVD there???

Robin
26th-December-2004, 02:19 PM
And can you buy copies of the Jive Masters DVD there???

Its Adam's Venue - everything is for sale :wink:

...seriously ... they are available.

Does that mean we'll see you ?

TheTramp
26th-December-2004, 02:54 PM
Does that mean we'll see you ?
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) not. Though, I am coming down for Bognor.

Was just practising my plug mode.

Andy McGregor
26th-December-2004, 03:32 PM
5th. Heading down south
6th. Teaching in Brighton

And you said I was the "only one" :tears:

.. slipping out of Character and into an unaccustomed :plug mode:. The Tramp will actually be teaching for me in Shoreham, which is about 6 miles from Brighton (the teaching fees pay for his flight down South). The Thursday before (30th December) we've got Nigel Anderson teaching in Shoreham. And, I'm not sure if this is a :shameless plug:, :hero worship: or a :gloat: but on the 20th January we've got Kylie teaching, yes, Kylie and for those of you that didn't hear;

Kylie!

Me, excited? :clap:

Of course, this is Kylie Jones who danced with Jason Wood in Strictly Come Dancing and World Champion Ballroom dancer who will be teaching the Cha Cha - but she is Kylie and they're all fab :flower:

under par
27th-December-2004, 03:24 AM
Looking forward to seeing The Tramp back on the south coast. :yeah:

see you at Shoreham :cheers:

Peter
27th-December-2004, 01:33 PM
on the 20th January we've got Kylie teaching - Kylie Jones who danced with Jason Wood in Strictly Come Dancing and World Champion Ballroom dancer who will be teaching the Cha Cha

KJ is fab to dance with and a great teacher ..

Daisy Chain
27th-December-2004, 09:25 PM

Some of us have been taking an involuntary bedridden break since 18th December with The Flu and no end in sight just yet although I have made it as far as the computer - next step is to wash my hair without having a lie-down half way through.

No dancing for me until well after New Year :tears:

All sympathy gratefully received, just don't get too close, I may still be virulent with the most evil germs I've ever had in my life. When I get hold of the woman who gave them to me............. I Know who she is - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Daisy Chain

(A Convalescing Little Flower) :flower:

Minnie M
27th-December-2004, 10:00 PM
Some of us have been taking an involuntary bedridden break since 18th December with The Flu and no end in sight just yet .............:

You poor thing - have some sympathy rep :flower:

Was going to Ashtons tonight but I've got a stinking headack (too much chocolait) :tears: